• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here is a list of all the stages in Brawl (spoilers).....

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'd say it's a bit of both, and maybe just a "Nintendo" stage. I guess we'll see when the stage select screen shows the stage's series logo. The music from those games + barrels are usually more closely associated with Donkey Kong though.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that it is 41 stages, not including Melee stages, or not including all of them. It sounds like with the delay, they added more stages, meaning that the prophet's number might of been oudated since they got the information

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I have a feeling that it is 41 stages, not including Melee stages, or not including all of them. It sounds like with the delay, they added more stages, meaning that the prophet's number might of been oudated since they got the information
You really think they added more stages in a week?

41 not including Melee stages... no way if you ask me.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
it would be cool if they had a subspace stage alot of epic fights take place on interesting platform set ups

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, I just updated the opening post. Looks like these are all the stages in the game. I can't wait to play them when Brawl is released in North America.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
What evedence do you have that there arn't any more stages?, IM melee you ulcoked alot of stages from playing a couple hundred vs matches, Iand I don't to many people have accomplished that yet

Not to mention in the game review it was said there were tons of stages, were the charater amount wasn't even metioned?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What evedence do you have that there arn't any more stages?, IM melee you ulcoked alot of stages from playing a couple hundred vs matches, Iand I don't to many people have accomplished that yet

Not to mention in the game review it was said there were tons of stages, were the charater amount wasn't even metioned?
The guy who said that there were only 35 characters in the game, also said that there are only 41 stages in the game.

KCJ506

Smash Cadet
There's still no Bowser's Castle stage though.

Come on, there's something wrong with the Koopa King not having a stage to call his home!

Krell

Smash Journeyman
It would seem to me the reason they kept the list so small is that they only wanted to do really interesting stages. They probably figure normal, static stages can be created by the players a la stage builder.

Talendime

Smash Ace
It would seem to me the reason they kept the list so small is that they only wanted to do really interesting stages. They probably figure normal, static stages can be created by the players a la stage builder.
Yeah that sounds about right. I hope they have lots of yummy options to choose from in the stage builder.

I just don`t get why they would bring back Pokemon Stadium, when Pokemon Stadium 2 is not much different from it. They should have brought back Pokefloats instead, man I love that level.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Can you put pictures of the stages? I'm happy with the stage selection, except for no fountain of dreams. Custom stages will add another million or so to the list.

DQP

Smash Ace
Here is a list of all of the stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld]
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong Arcade
Bridge of Eldin
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Battleship Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Spear Pillar
Port Town
Castle Siege
Wario Ware
Distant Planet
Smashville
New Pork City
The Summit
Skyworld
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone

PAST STAGES
Rainbow Ride
Temple
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Corneria
Big Blue
Onett
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes

There are 41 stages in the game.
donkey kong arcade? that'll be interesting. electroplankton looks like a WTF stage too.
ooh, spear pillar! that's cool. luigi's mansion looks cool too.

but where's ganon's castle and bowser's castle? i would've loved to see those.

still, some cool stages.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
I just don`t get why they would bring back Pokemon Stadium, when Pokemon Stadium 2 is not much different from it. They should have brought back Pokefloats instead, man I love that level.
i totally agree, bringing back Pokemon Stadium was a very bad decision, theres plenty of melee stages that would have been better. Im not happy with Rainbow Ride or Green Greens either.

however i disagree with Poke Floats, i always hated that stage :laugh:

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
Here is a list of all of the stages:

PAST STAGES
Rainbow Ride
Temple
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Corneria
Big Blue
Onett
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes

There are 41 stages in the game.
Wow... that's a list of my least favorite stages in Melee... At least they left out Icicle Mountain! Well maybe they'll be better without wave-shining:laugh:

edit: I just realized Pokemon Stadium was on there. Woohoo, there's one tolerable stage!

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Stages aren't character specific. It's not "This is Kirby's stage, this is Dedede's stage, this is Metaknight's stage, this is Wolf's stage, ect."

It's "these are the Mario series stages, these are the Starfox series stages, these are the Zelda series stages, ect."

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Well I guess Im just sort of used to Melee where EVERY character had what could be considered "their own stage"(with the exception of the FE characters) and every series had at lest 2 stages(with the exception of G&W and IC's but lets be honest, no one wanted ANOTHER Icicle Mountain >_>)

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
A music game for the DS. It was a game meant to really show off the abilities of the microphone and touch screen.

Zevox

Smash Lord
WAIT WAIT WAIT!

There's NO Kirby stage? Thats.......********.
Battleship Halberd
Green Greens (Melee Stage)

Only two, but they're there.

Anyway, I love the DK Arcade stage - absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to play on it. I'm a bit disappointed Fire Emblem only got one stage, but I suppose I can always make more with the stage creator, so its not a big deal.

It does seem that they overdid it a bit on the Mario stages though - theres a full 6 of them, 7 if you count the alternate Mushroomy Kingdom stage. Personally, I'd have traded Rainbow Ride, Mario Bros., and Mario Circuit for Bowser's Castle, Ganondorf's Castle/Tower, and a different Melee stage (Fourside would be my personal choice). But thems the breaks. The stage creator solves all our woes in this regard anyway.

Zevox

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it says it solves all of them. Despite how indepth it is, they can't give us every tool to make stages. You'll never be able to make something like the background characters of Smashville, or the mini-games of Warioware.

Stage builder will be excellent, but it will falter on creating the atomsphere.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I still haven't found any pics/videos of Big Blue, Green Greens, Pokemon Stadium 1, or Jungle Japes. Are you guys 100% sure that those are in the game?

mario-man

Smash Lord
three things

1. for those of you who are saying that Mario would have too many stages if 1-2 more were added, in case you didn't notice, Mario is sort of an important and HUGE franchise. emphasis on HUGE. 7 or 8 stages isn't that many if you put it in perspective, plus, Yoshi stages do not count as Mario stages. They are YOSHI stages.

2. I'm not too convinced that all of the stages have been unlocked.

3. (reason for number 2^^) Kirby has no stages outside of Halberd (and green greens, though that is the worst possible Kirby stage to bring back) which really isn't a Kirby stage, though it does come from the Kirby games. There has to be AT LEAST one more from that franchise, especially since Sakurai is the developer of Kirby as well.

@ freeman123:

yes we are sure, in one video, the person selecting the stage goes into the Melee stages screen and there are pics of them. here's the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ptrXJi1gdw

it's right towards the beginning and you'll have to pause it to see them.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I only see 9 past stages. Where is Green Greens?

The people who knew about the 35 character roster also said there were 41 stages. So I guess we've seen them all. People have been saying that Airship Fortress and Ganon's Tower are stages, but that would be over 41 so I guess they aren't.

andytw710

Smash Cadet
My question is, why have a whole separate screen for Melee stages if there are only six?

Not that 41 stages is bad at all, in fact it amazes me but I still hope and think there might be a few more surprises left.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LOL lurkers FTW!!

you know you're right about green greens. It is not cofirmed. Why is it on the list then?? If I'm wrong, somebody plz post a vid of it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DONKEY KONG ARCADE!!!

I thought Mario Bros. was the BEST STAGE EVER!!! (Even though I don't think it has fighter flies...did the original have fighter flies)

Someone link me a video of the Donkey Kong Arcade level!!!

Top Bottom