• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2 discussion thread. Current topic: Date

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Zivilyn Bane, yeah it's Melee/Brawl, so if you wanna help discuss this issue, that'd be great. Bring MD/VA people to discuss it.

Btw M2K is coming, and he will be playing Melee, as well as other pros.

Edit: BEHR that first sentence in responding to me was mad homo lol <3. And my sixth grade crushes were super serious, I don't need that nonsense. =p

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I don't think he was trying to knock Wobbles, he was just trying to prove a point.
Ok I knew it was melee! Lol too much brawl talk confused me =/

Anyways, I kind of get the point he wasn't trying to knock Wobbles, but it was just a very very bad illustration. I'm not sure how well he knows Wobbles, or if he is educated on Wobbles' accomplishments sans wobbling. If he didn't, he should look into it.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Ok I knew it was melee! Lol too much brawl talk confused me =/

Anyways, I kind of get the point he wasn't trying to knock Wobbles, but it was just a very very bad illustration. I'm not sure how well he knows Wobbles, or if he is educated on Wobbles' accomplishments sans wobbling. If he didn't, he should look into it.
Brawl does that too you.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This is Karn.

The way the game should be =/= the way the developers intended the game to be. I think the competitive ruleset should aim at making the game the best it can be. I think that banning all infinites, most stages, and meta knight make it better. It is definitely arguable whether or not the game is better without the grabs or whatever. This is what we should be arguing about, not whether or not it was intended or whether or not people can win with it. Arguably, good people can still win when you play on new pork city, but yet it's still banned. Thus, I think that the IC infinites should be banned.
You make a fair point, but I disagree that banning the infinites will make the game better.But at that point, it really comes down to opinion. I'm entirely not offended by the notion of an infinite, so my enjoyment of the game isn't ruined by them.

But the real crux of the issue is that the impact of most of the infinites is really ridiculously miniscule. And I'm speaking of true, non-situational infinites here. In almost most every case, it only makes a bad match-up worse, so it's not like it helps much. In those where it deprives a character of an otherwise good match-up, it's either not very easy to land, or the character it helps would still not be incredibly viable afterwords. But most of all, ICs become considerably less viable as a result. Ultimately, the cost of banning infinites is, IMO, greater than the reward.

Your point would have better been made saying, "Look at Wobbles, he dominates most competition whether he uses the infinite or not."
That's actually exactly what I said. gg

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ph00t's obviously only in this for his own self-interest.

"Hey, ZSS has that nifty little infinite on ROB. If I pretend like infinites are fine and make sure they're not banned, I can finally beat stingers! And then I'll be better than him!

But no matter what I do, I'll never be better than Zero. D:"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ph00t's obviously only in this for his own self-interest.

"Hey, ZSS has that nifty little infinite on ROB. If I pretend like infinites are fine and make sure they're not banned, I can finally beat stingers! And then I'll be better than him!

But no matter what I do, I'll never be better than Zero. D:"
SHHHHHHHHH O-o

Some of them might not know.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
That's actually exactly what I said. gg
Okay the sentence structure is definitely confusing. But after reading the exact quote like 27 times I see what you mean. It's further clouded though by the previous sentencing, where you cite players that use the glitch and don't do well. So at quick glance it looks like you're placing Wobbles in the same boat.

But I gotcha now ;)

Top Bottom