• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2 discussion thread. Current topic: Date

Vilt

Smash Lord
Alright bros you know what this is? We need to talk about certain issues/rules/improvments on how HERB2 should go.

Btw I am getting a megaphone and setting up a projector to my comp to display brackets to the players. :3

Here is a list of things that definitely need to be talked about:

1: Date (we need a new one due to ECRC)
2: IC chaingrab disscussion (Brawl)
3: Adding Smash 64 to tournament list as small side tournament?
4: Livestream and who can handle setting it up?

If there is anything else that you think needs to talked about, I would love the info.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
1. I dislike moving it forward even a week, but it might work for me. Back a week might suit me well (and others who are/possibly are going to Genesis), but both have pros and cons.

2. Which game? I'm against it in Melee and undecided mostly in Brawl.

3. I probably won't enter, but I'd like to point out just how late things ran last time without side tournaments of any kind (all circumstances considered, things wouldn't have been much better if we had a huge turnout last time and started on time, so it may even out this time if we get more and start on time, who knows).

4. Yes please, but that's definitely not my department lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. How about July 25th-26th?
2. Fine in both games, it makes them very annoying to play against because you have to camp nonstop but I mean sure why not
3. No, NC has a schedule of never finishing on time I mean this just won't work :/
4. Yes, but I have no idea how to set one up, sorry bro

Smith

Smash Ace
1. I'm fine with anything, but Genesis is in July, and I'm sure NC Bro's are going to it ;)

2.uhhh I'm unsure on this now that I think of it. Ban infinites, but don't main Chain Grabs all together.

3. If we have a free TV, we can do it, there was one behind the bar last time completely free.

4. We need LIVESTREAM! but I can't set it up xD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. Later is probably better. I'm iffy all through June and July, due to job search/vacationing/family plans, so I wouldn't be likely for anything in that range.

2. Don't do it. It hasn't shown to be particularly decentralizing in either game. Neither Wobbles nor ChuDat ever won a Melee tourney solely because of the infinite, and it's had even less of an impact in Brawl.

3. If you can fit it in, I won't complain. But be careful, because it will definitely be tough to fit in.

4. I'm down with livestream. I couldn't set it up, but I like the idea.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
1: Earlier would be pretty nice.
2: Just keep them in, no restrictions.
3: HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4: I could try my best to help you get it up, or we could just record instead.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
1. I'm open for any time

2. Keep IC's grabs

3. Sorry, but.... we can't possibly end the tourney at a reasonable time with another Smash game in :(

4. I dun't no wat that is exactly

Charlie, when do you get off work!? Every time I call you, you're not there. Can I come with you to the UNCG tourney?

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
1. Some time after Genesis, I guess. Late July, early August.
2. Don't play Brawl, so I'll skip this
3. How about I just bring a 64 setup for friendlies? Like people said above, I don't think we would have enough time to fit a tourney in.
Oh, and I still only have one controller, so tell everybody to bring a 64 controller if they want to play. :p
4. Livestream would be awesome, but I gots nothin.

Vilt

Smash Lord
So my problem with setting it after Genesis is that a lot of OoS will be broke due to travel expenses so they will hold back on spending money. My date was originally a month after it so i thought that would be good enough time but ECRC had to show up. ; ;

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The closer we move it to Genesis, the less chance we have with OOS imo. Maybe a week later will be the best thing to do since it's quite a bit after Genesis and won't interfere with ECRC.

There aren't many people posting on this issue so we'll probably have to end up arguing these points out.

Vilt

Smash Lord
That is what I thought. I'm just really scared of investing my money into the venue and not getting money back. i don't want like 20 people to show. ; ; that would just be a lame turnout.
But I'm guessing that it just being summer, people still travel so it wouldnt be too bad.

July 18-19 looks good to me.

genesis is in July right?

lord karn

Smash Master
Genesis is July 10th to 13th. I'd say make it at least two weeks away from Genesis. Who is actually going to travel the week before or after they go to California?

Flamingo

Smash Lord
1: Date (we need a new one due to ECRC)

Preferably after college starts, but I have travel john's. Listen to the bros on this one, not me.

2: IC chaingrab disscussion (Brawl)

Dude, the inputs are mad crazy, and that is the only thing that makes them a tourney-viable character to be honest. I say keep them, although it is mega unfair when they land them, it is possible not to be grabbed. *MK Bias alert*

3: Adding Smash 64 to tournament list as small side tournament?

Brawl+ should get more publicity, and it would be particularly effective to have all the pros enter that we had enter last time. This is truth Vilt, it would be mega fun if you could promote the game that is more fun than Brawl. Who knows, you may get Reflex, M2K, Boss, n H2YL addicted to the game. Be a bro Vilt. B+ instead of S64 XD

4: Livestream and who can handle setting it up?

I would love that. But idk how to do it honestly. I would be interested in assisting with it if I am able to come.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was referring to Vilt's post referring to Melee than Brawl, and then agreeing with PLUR's post.

Unless, he was talkin about ICs in general, then I still want the Melee one banned for this tournament.

why the **** are you scrubs making so many **** threads?

Now every **** tournament is going to have it's own discussion thread? what kind of stupid **** is this? JUST DISCUSS IT IN THE TOURNAMENT THREAD!

BEHR

Smash Hero
I think we should cancel HERB 2 and do it next year.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
As sad as it is to say, BEHR's option may have to happen because we seriously don't have much time slotted off to ourselves.

Then again, as much traveling as people plan to be doing this summer, it may not matter much if we have this in between a few big tournaments. I can ask other regions/popular smashers what they're thinking about, but I can't do that without a date. Let's at least set a temporary one and see what kind of response we get for that.

Vilt

Smash Lord
alright 24- 25 it is for now

No IC has really won it but they have been showing up more and more.

At wilmington, justin the kid who got 4th i think pretty much just did it with ICs. I fought him and tried to space him but it was just gay. walking me to the edge with alternating CGs and then just fairing me was stupid.

town at herb did the same thing to a couple of people. smith had to run the timer out to win. if i gotta be a RSTLG then **** that.

it's dumb when it happens and if more of them just keep showing up doing the same **** to others, trust me this topic will show up again. so we will drop it for now.

as brawl+, my problem with B+ is that with the codesets constantly changing and people trying their own makes it hard to have a competative tourney with people not whining about how they aren't used to something because they use different codes. when finally a standard code is set and people start using it, i'll add B+ to HERB

as for N64, Flamy that **** is fun, and i just really meant like bringing the game and if there was enough time and enough interest to do one. I plan on sticking to the times as hardcore as I can.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I dunno, maybe its because I do decently against you guys by just spamming Bair, Uair and Blizzard but I still think banning the CG is dumb. That's like saying lets ban MEtaknight's edgeguarding because once you're off the stage, you're f*cked.

It not like you can't outspace them. IC has really bad grab range.

C`mon guys, really. And I'm not arguing for my sake. I can't CG to save my life and I don't play Brawl outside of a few rare instances and tourneys.

PS: DI in and tech the fair

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
2: I don't think there needs to be any rule banning the ICs Chain-Grabbing.
3: Smash 64 rules
4: I'd say only do live-stream if you can record at the same time. Live-stream doesn't matter.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Vilt? Most people said they don't want ICs CGs banned but you banned it anyway?

Lol. I like, 3 stocked Town at HERB. I know I play ROB, but there are tactics against it. You play TL, you can camp and spam just as much as I can.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Vilt? Most people said they don't want ICs CGs banned but you banned it anyway?

Lol. I like, 3 stocked Town at HERB. I know I play ROB, but there are tactics against it. You play TL, you can camp and spam just as much as I can.
He banned wobbling while it was not an issue.

Why make a discussion thread if you arent going to consider there ideas.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Woah woah woah I didn't ban it. I just said to drop the discussion. And I did camp. My TL is/was still not that great at HERB and camping is my worst aspect of him which i am working on but it's still gay.

I just thought people might want to take it into consideration since in all technicality, they can infinite and I didn't want NC to seem hypocritical because of the Standing Infinite rule.

But since no one has a problem with ICs no ban then. I wanna give the bros what they want.

lord karn

Smash Master
Personally, I don't really see why there is any difference between a standing infinite and the IC infinite. Throwing the opponent back and forth does not require the IC to dash at all, thus tripping cannot stop it. Furthermore, it can be initiated at any part on any level. Sure, certain levels will have things that might disrupt it, but it would disrupt DDD's standing infinites just as much. Is the only reason that IC infinites are not considered 'standing' because they are hard to do? Is ZSS' infinite on ROB standing?

I personally like the rule that hobo uses. No more than five moves consecutively that completely remove control of the enemies characters. This also gets rid of dumb small step cgs that DDD has on wario, dk, and some others.

Vilt

Smash Lord
I agree with Karn here. The problem i see with that rule is how easily people would forget it or keeping count of the 5.

Top Bottom