• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with timing with IKE

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ike's pretty much my character when I play against other people, sometimes I do well but a lot of times all of my moves miss. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help guys.

BL
Well, don't use high laggy moves... So then, even if you miss, you're not as vulnerable at least... xD

And autocancel his aerials.... His nair cancels if you land before he swings it all the way around him... And so does his bair if you do a rising short hopped bair.... xD

Also, you cant spot dodge the entire jab combo, they can shield it however....

It'd be easier if we had a video of you playing so we can see what you're doing... =P

XACE-K

Smash Master
N-air= Neutral air attack.

You jump and press the a-button in the air. The same is for all the other airs except you can use the c-stick.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You have to use Ike's slow moves when you KNOW you will hit, otherwise it's not worth the risk because it has too much lag, other than that it's all about his few quick moves.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's all about trial and error my good chum, none of us were born to play a good Ike at first, you just have to keep working on it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
The key is practice.

One thing you can do is go into Training Mode and fool around against the dummy. Learn his attacks (how far the reach, how fast they come out, how much time it takes for you to recover...). Then you can try and make him run away from you or dodge or w/e it is. The move onto CPUs that attack back to get more viable experience.

From what you say, you need to work on the fundamentals. You may say that CPUs aren't good practice, but if you are missing or w/e like you say you are, you need to take a step back and get some basic, downright practice in.

Basically what Kinzer said, everyone starts somewhere. Practice is key to get better at anything.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Stop spamming charged fsmash and eruption. If you want to hit with your moves use the faster ones like jab. If you keep spamming slow moves your opponents will catch on and wait outside of the range.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
listen BRO! ussi right? ok, if you wanna talk about something? talk like a man! man up! way UP! brawl is full of great desires and the moment you turn it on, you know you are loved! melee is definitely good, but i mean cmon! touch my body! all day!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
listen BRO! ussi right? ok, if you wanna talk about something? talk like a man! man up! way UP! brawl is full of great desires and the moment you turn it on, you know you are loved! melee is definitely good, but i mean cmon! touch my body! all day!
You do know you can't deduct the tone of someone online...:dizzy:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom