• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Testing Hitstun (With Hitstun Data)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I've been thinking I might be able to find formulas for overall hitstun to show kind of how well some stuff works and doesn't work. I won't have any pictures but it should be awesome. Anyway, basically what I am trying to know is:

1. Are you guys interested?

2. Does anybody know if hitstun grows linearly cause that could help me a LOT.

The uses are pretty good, finding what is least punishable just from a theoretical stance.

And I will be doing hitstun with them in the air or in the case of a move that will always cancel on the ground (D-tilt only, D-smash I'll do both), how long until they can move again because of landing.

And Without Further Ado (Well, Much Ado About Nothing), here is the data:

D-tilt:
31 frames + Damage/10

So at 10 %, he has 32 frames hitstun. This data includes the hitlag so you can work from directly where the attack hits, do duration - the frame it hit and you have the comparison between hitlag and ending lag.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
The most important hitstun in brawl for combo development is stun that causes knockback to be absorbed by the ground. Character percent and move decay affects this hitstun, but you may get +frame advantages if you keep a good ratio of percent/decay whereby you can safely and truly combo into other attacks.

This is how I discovered the uses of zelda's dtilt. If jiggs' dtilt has similar properties she may be able to capitalise on this stun.

If you're interested, here's an interesting quote relating to moves that have the most histun by having knockback absorbed by the ground:

Originally Posted by ColinJF
The decay in stun time is only because of the decay in the force hitting you into the ground, so they are proportional which means that if the move is stale, you just need to do these combos at a higher damage (as opposed to being impossible at all damages, which might be the case if the stun decayed faster than the launch force).

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The most important hitstun in brawl for combo development is stun that causes knockback to be absorbed by the ground. Character percent and move decay affects this hitstun, but you may get +frame advantages if you keep a good ratio of percent/decay whereby you can safely and truly combo into other attacks.

This is how I discovered the uses of zelda's dtilt. If jiggs' dtilt has similar properties she may be able to capitalise on this stun.

If you're interested, here's an interesting quote:
I know she doesn't have advantages for her D-tilt which is why I am testing absorbed by ground for D-tilt and D-smash as well as overall.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Just PM me the code list so there won't be any discrepancies with our testing.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
alex SNO uploaded the second round of the mk match, i landed the dair thing multiple times in the match if it helps. the one i uploaded on aib is the second round

Top Bottom