• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help my ganon

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm sure you already know, but you left yourself open a lot. Too many distant down-B's, you should usually tie those in to the end of a combo when the character is tumbling or teching. Also, try using anti-hopped Bairs and Uairs, I believe they woulda worked nicely on DK

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes, i know, i don't knwo why i didn't do that many bairs/uairs in the matches, i usually do more

and i know aobut the down b...i overuse it, but i hit with it a lot...oh well

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the music wasn't my choice, it was the DK's, since he won i let him choose the song

i hate linkin park with a passion, it's too emo

if you look at every other video i have...the music is upbeat, much more fun, better to smash to

TimmWith2Ms

Smash Rookie
Alright... I won't say I'm a great Ganon, but I did see some spots where you could've shield grabbed, but you rather SHFLLD a dair. A down-throw pretty much leads to a dair, so you don't need to force hits to connect. Also, I would've liked to see you be more offensive while being off stage. Perfect example of this is at around 2:56 in your 3rd vid against shiek; after you used the wizards foot, you were in perfect position to uair him with your second jump and KOed him, but you just Up + Bed back onto the stage along with him.

Also when coming back to the edge, you could've used your second jump and uaired and probably knocked him and gotten back on yourself instead of just air-dodging back and hoping to make it.

Some better spaced fairs would've helped you in certain spots, but I'm just being critical. You are a better Ganon than I by leaps and bounds.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
your too straight forward with everything play some mindgames and go on the defensive alittle bit. your moves are really predictable and you roll alot so maybe instead of rolling try dash dancing and when you see your opponent go for you a quick bair will do the trick. against DK i really like to retreat uairs and nairs it seems to work. now what i do with my ganon alot and this is really weird but i moonwalk constantly and though you dont get much distance i can usually lure them into a bair because they think im vulnerable when im dash dancing and turned around. you can try that if you want and when it works you can brag about ganons awesome moonwalk.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i moonwalk all the time with him, i just don't do it in matches (i do it for fun), cause it sucks, he goes no where

anyways, I NEED NO MINDGAMES XDXDXD, yea, gotta work on that

you say my ganon is predictable, how so

retreating uairs, i'll give it a try

nair sucks except outta dthrow with good (for you) DI

and i gotta stop doing shield cancelled dairs....they for whatever reason **** sheiks

mood4food77

Smash Hero
CG isn't that useful for ganon since it's not the easiest thing to do and that the opponent can escape it easily

ganon can't run fast enough, no if he was able to run as fast as doc at least, he'd have a much easier time doing it

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
First match, I really can't say much on about character as I just make due when fighting dk and can't give specific character advice. The dk seemed to be very agressive while you seemed abit afraid and timid in this match. Great reverse u-air edgeguard on first stock.The down-b at 1.48 seconds lol...but the dk knows how to combo you pretty good and sheildgrabs you often.
as with the other edgeguarding attempt with thereverse u-air after your first one, sometimes its best to leap out and interupt them instead of waiting for them like that.
At 2.17 and so, you can wiggle out of that tumbling instead of just falling like that, its risky and un-needed. At the end, you tried too hard to hit with the d-air so it was predictable.

IC match: You need to work on your edgeguarding abit, especially with his over-b. Start mixing it up abit, you left ganon's ground game abit dry so if they focused on sheildgrabbing, it wouldn't have been fun but you did well on spliting them up for the most part.

Sheik match: He owned you with that chain lol. You let many attempts to grab, such as after sheilding his dash attack, go by without trying. and as for you saying chaingrabbing isn't that useful, you can't be more wrong..its your really only way of adding on damage easy to her. Its what makes her chaingrab on you slightly less gay (but still amazingly flaming) and leads to good ending blows. Bailey was somewhat nice about chaingrabbing you, he didn't make it flaming. Sweetspotting would help alittle in this match as you messed up quite a few times. Once again..the ownage with the chain that you can do nothing against lol...plain cruel.

Overall I seem a big problem that appears in them all: Your spacing, it needs abit of work, it seems to be a problem that keeps popping up. I seen a few times you should have sweetspotted but didn't as well.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
alright, i'll try to add chaingrabbing into my game, but trust me, CG with ganon isn't the easiest thing to do, i mean you gotta be fast cause DIing out of it isn't hard

sweetspotting, there's something i usually don't have a problem with, at what points in the vids do you see where i should've sweetspotted

and spacing, where do you see that, i thought it was good

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
From the vid(s) I saw, your dairs out of shield got punished relatively often. You may try CCing a little more :)

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Chaingrabbing hard? meh.

I can't name every little point but many attacks of yours were far off from hitting despite you could have made it connect, you should be able to see that. Its not bad spacing mind you, but it could use slight work.

and I do trust you about chaingrabbing because I secondary ganon and I regularly chaingrab fox/falco/sheik players, its not that hard with practice and % knowledge.

I don't want to rewatch all three videos while nit-picking those two things, if you must have me do so, I will but meh. I thought I gave you enough detailed advice compared to what you have gotten so far.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
RENTH!!!!

what's so silly about me :p

anyways, i don't like CG, it's for sheik players (i did CG a sheik a week ago though)

thank you bluedeath, i'll work on that

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You may not like it but its something you can do to turn the tides but its up to you if you decide to use it or not. Its just alittle help in a hard fight such as against sheik.

Good luck on improving though on your steady ganon.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate having ganon as my only good character

for whatever reason, i can only pull off a lot of sheild cancelled dairs against sheiks

i'll put up more vids soon hopefully, but those are pretty decent i must say

i'm also trying to add in tech chasing into my game

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never needed it, cause as i got better, so did teching

trust me, in the past few months, i got so much better cause of it, i do it sometimes, just still getting used to it

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Either you were great or your opponents were slacking abit.

I made tech-chasing a habit with all my characters so with ganon it came naturally..especially since its the only way he can really combo.

I'm surprised you got so far without focusing on it.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
teching wasn't insane until a couple of months ago, so i've gained that

i've relied a lot on sheild cancel stuff

so tech chasing is a must now

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its not anything 0-death but....I do tag on quite alot of damage..And the fact I don't start my chaingrabs till they have quite a decent % on them lol'

and no recent videos, I'll try to get a few up soon once I get a memory card for my camera,only holds 50 seconds currently.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
CG still isn't easy, it's easily escaped, and JCing with ganon isn't going very far

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it doesn't really make a difference with him though, i don't think tipman CGed, magus i don't think does it either, not sure about linguini, eddie doesn't it do it often, bushman doesn't do it often either, warriorknight doesn't do it, neither does phish-it (the last 2 are the only other ganon's better than mine in NY...but i probably could claim best ganon main in NY for being the only one), then comes me, i don't do it

pretty much, those are the top ganon players out there, and none of us really CG

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Magus chaingrabs I'm pretty sure.

and many people do it depending on the matchup, against sheik, its a huge help to tag on alittle bit of damage before the kill blow..

look, you asked for help, there it is, take it or disregard it but its the same as not wavedashing or something along those lines,its simply added help, take or leave it.

I don't want to continue debating its usefulness.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, i don't like CG, too much effort for so little damage

why do 5 dthrows in a row when a dair to uair combo does more damamge, and is much easier to land

or a dthrow to bair, dthrow to nair, dthrow to uair, etc

i feel there is no need to do it

besides, you've helped me out the most...

Magus420

Smash Master
Dude, you can CG Sheik 0-death (upward f-smash or sidehitting u-smash to finish) on a number of stages. It is certainly useful and not 'so little damage'. If I actually care about winning the match I'm playing I'll CG till escape %s then finish it off with something whenever possible in matchups. Except for Fox because it's essentially beyond human limits to be able to react in time when they mix up DIing behind you and DIing away, not to mention there's about 0-2 frames you can be off on the timing as well. Doing it against Sheik is stupidly easy though. You don't even need to JC grab, lol. Why d-throw to _-air when you can d-throw X number of times into _-air or something even better?

DippnDots

Feral Youth
CG isn't that useful for ganon since it's not the easiest thing to do and that the opponent can escape it easily

ganon can't run fast enough, no if he was able to run as fast as doc at least, he'd have a much easier time doing it

Isn't useful? Getting some free percent on someone with no risk of getting percent on you is really **** useful. **** if it's hard, that's why you practice and learn to read people.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i know how to do it, but i've gotten far without it, so i'll try to implement it into my fights, which is probably the hardest thing about it

G. Vice

Smash Lord
ahhhh good ole Domenick...the only thing I have with your ganon is that your double jump off of ...darn near everything. there is a time where the double jump fakeout is needed but not preceding every aerial. I would like to ditto your ganon however.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but you live in arkansas zane...that's the problem

i mean, unless you would drive up here...it's only what, 18 hours

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Nice Ganon, but I don't think I saw much Smash DI when DK used aerial combo with Uair. So, I guess work on that.

Top Bottom