• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Lv.99's ROB level up?!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I am not doing this because I play ROB. I actually despise the NES peripheral with a passion. However, my smash friend mains him and I must respect that. Plus he doesn't have an account on here.

He doesn't seem as good anymore though. To say I've improved is probably illogical (since I suck at this game) so I'll say he got worst. Help him out why don't you?

All of these are from July 19th or later.

Marth vs. ROB
Toon Link vs. ROB
Toon Link 2

Make him decent ROB mainers! So that I can cringe in fear against his spam again because I suck at this game.

No, bolded comments are not sarcastic. Watch the videos and you'll see how much of a n00b I am.

The ones above are the latest, but if you need to check out others, here:

Clicky

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
nice, i call a rematch at the next waba >_< lets hope for no distractions this time lol

btw, i think rob should do side b as much.. too much recovery and it doesnt really do alot of damage

Hi_Im_Relaxing

Smash Apprentice
hey viet. wat up?

i think lv 99 is a very good rob but he has to work on some things.
1. some more glide tosses would be nice
2. he should choose offensive or defensive. i saw i nice mix of both but not as good as it should have been
3. for defensive, he should jump more and not fully charge the gyro so it comes bak faster
4. offensive, more down tilts and dsmashs. also more bairs.
5. try to WoP and better edgegaurding. so more fair and bair.

this is all coming from a n00b rob soo yea.

Also, why aint i in any vids? cmon viet u better record me next time.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
spaced nair approach - tilts is too good ; stop charging the gyro so much ; stop rolling so much

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Give him a rare candy.
He forgot to EV train so we are trying to stuff down all the EVs down his throat before he reaches 100.

I don't use ROB in my team too much so it's kinda hard to make a good spread.

ROB @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp. Att/252 Speed
Timid Nature

Dsmash
Gyro
Nair
Fair

>_>;

*hasn't touched his Pokemon stuff in a while*

Also, why aint i in any vids? cmon viet u better record me next time.
The DVD ran out of room, no Johns.

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
you could just use a rare candy if you wanted to level him up. but be sure to ev train him

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So...

there's not a lot of things you guys covered here. At the Marth boards, some critiques can get pretty thorough. Naturally this isn't the same board, but don't you guys want...

the NES peripheral to take over the competitive world? =O

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Also delete this. I really wish there was a delete post function. <_<

Firefox 3 you bad boy.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
how do you delete posts
On other vBulliten boards, you can usually go to Edit post ---> Delete ---> Confirm delete ---> Click delete ----> done.

It's still viewable to moderators and admins, but common users cannot view it, and if it's pointless, this saves clutter. The fact that authorities can view it is only a safety precaution of sorts.

Anyway Sudai, if it pertains to the videos, I guess it can be a good critique...if that's what the vent was.

If it's because I triple posted...

^_^?

Sharky

Smash Master
I was able to predict almost all of his bairs, nairs, and rolls for the second half of the match. Not good lol. Basically he needs to mix things up more.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Well now, there is a critiqueing thread on my R.O.B. and I don't even know about it.....I find that odd. But, you guys are right. I do need to be a little more unpredictable and more efficient with my roll spam. And yes, I charge the gyro too much and don't try to gimp enough. Thanks guys.

And by the way, at least five of these posts are about how to delete posts....dang...you guys know how to get off topic quickly.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Yup, we sure do. In fact, I'd say getting off topic is one of our main skills. It allows ROB to distract the opponent, followed only by victory.

O, and welcome!

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, we do get off topic a lot. We get back on topic a lot too, but then back off. It's really so other characters can't come in and see how we beat them.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
Thanks
And by the way, when glidtossing forward, what would be the best move to come out with? I personally use the jab but I know that R.O.B.'s f-tilt is amazing. And then there is down-tilt which I can chain into other other moves like f-tilt, jab, or f-smash. Which one?

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
It depends how fast your reaction time is. FSmash is a great one, but if they shield/reflect the gyro, it's not gonna be that useful. I go back and forth between FSmash and jab/grab.

Top Bottom