• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help fighting Pikachu!

gallax

Smash Hero
due why are you so hostile? this is a game and we are all just trying to improve ourselves. i came to you guys because you are the more knowledgeable about sonic than pika players. if you needed advice for helping fight a pikachu then i would be more than glad to help you. you're hostility towards someone who doesn't use sonic shows an immaturity. if anyone has anything helpful for me i would greatly appreciate it.

and i have read the stickies. but there is always something that they could be missing. i just want to know you thoughts about what happened when you fought pikachu.

Umby

Smash Master
due why are you so hostile? this is a game and we are all just trying to improve ourselves. i came to you guys because you are the more knowledgeable about sonic than pika players. if you needed advice for helping fight a pikachu then i would be more than glad to help you. you're hostility towards someone who doesn't use sonic shows an immaturity. if anyone has anything helpful for me i woul greatly appreciate it.

Immaturity comes from the fact that people don't take time to read pre-existing threads that are often made out of extraneous, time-consuming work. What use is it for the board members to make threads to deal with such questions as yours when they keep making the same goddamn threads asking the same goddamn questions? It honestly gets annoying. While we sympathize with your plight, quite honestly, you can save alot of people some time (including yourself) by AT LEAST looking around through the stickied threads.

Recant: Pikachu isn't in the matchup thread. My apologies, but I am on edge lately due to recent ******** posts. However, I would still advise doing research through the forum search function before making threads like these.

gallax

Smash Hero
no problem dude. i did see that pika wasn't in there an i should have mention that when i originally posted.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
ill, give some advice,
stay in the air mainly at close range to avoid down smashes...
use areals that out range pika's...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I don't mean to be a jerk here but WHY does a Pikachu need help against Sonic? It's kind of a bad match for us as it is IMO.

Or do you want help as Sonic AGAINST Pika.

I thought he was asking for information gathering.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I don't mean to be a jerk here but WHY does a Pikachu need help against Sonic? It's kind of a bad match for us as it is IMO.

Or do you want help as Sonic AGAINST Pika.

I thought he was asking for information gathering.
lol are you serious..?

nvm i see where you're coming from.

reverse matchups are smart :x

check the Lucario boards for more info lol

lol that was bad, ill edit that post with some more correct info
Just repost it. Noone's going to go digging through the thread, so you mist as well 'bump' it with correct info.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
pikachu has no delay except for if he lands after his recovery moves...

its extremly hard for sonic to approach a pika that spams down b and down smash... it forces sonic to do a spaced fsmash or shutter smash.

its actually a bad idea for sonic to stay inside pikachu's dsmash range, because it leaves him the option to pulll it out and get off decent damage and even possibly a kill.

for sonic to win, a good idea would be to keep pikachu in the eir via grabs, sheild and get away if in dmsash range, and try to catch pika in charged smashes when pika is trying to rush... also punish pika after he is recovering, and even try for a gimp.... it is kinda hard to gimp pika, but it definately can be done. chase kills are nother good option...

if you get thrown straight up, u may not want to DI correctly, because u will need an air dodge to prevent yourself form getting hit my pika's down b

its very hard to approach pikachu, the best way would be a well timed dash attack, or a carfeul ASC, u will want to jump cancel your ASC and pull back if pika starts down B

grounded spin dashes are pretty easily countered by pika, so you only want to use them when you know pikachu is unable to react. (still owrth using in the right cases because of the damage)

if your good at setting up top screen kills. thats a good idea to do on pikachu..

spring into Dair works somtimes, you can definately hit pikachu with Dair, but usually you get hit by pika's down b after he gets hit by dair... so may just want to avoid it.

HA is hard to use vs pika, i think its mostly do to his size, and again he has a big arsenal of moves tat beat ha... i would recomend only using this when trying to chase kill him... and proboly if its the only way you can hit him.

from pika's side.... if a pikachu never used attacks that give him delay, and seldom tried to aproach sonic, it would be extremely hard for sonic to win. (honestly... down b and down smash alone... can really take it to streets against sonic.. due to his lack of range and priority)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
lol are you serious..?

nvm i see where you're coming from.

reverse matchups are smart :x

check the Lucario boards for more info lol

Just repost it. Noone's going to go digging through the thread, so you mist as well 'bump' it with correct info.
Tenki tried to hurt my feelings. T_T

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Rule number 1: Hold your Anlogstick in the upper direction when ur caught in pikachu's down smash. Result is that u only get 4% dmg and no knockback.
Rule number 2: Grabgame is your win.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
thx kayJay.

and im not being sarcastic, I actually learned somthing. somthing valuable at that.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Oh wow is he serious about that? Cuz if so that is mega Pwnsome.

My advice:

SideB Mega Priority frames> thunderjolt. I have no problems approaching Pikachus. Combing Perfect Shielding and SideB and you should B able to approach him fairly easily. Like lucky said, use aerials that out range his.

Top Bottom