• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help against Peach.

Skler

Smash Master
It's obvious you're distracted by Skala's theme in the first game and Cascada in the second game.

If that's a mod then that mod is so ****ing awesome.

Actual gameplay stuff:

1. You play way too aerial vs Peach. She has better aerials than you. Stick to the ground and shffled aerials until she's above you, then spam uairs.

2. Too aggressive. Peach needs to be forced to approach, never feel the need to go towards her when you can just spam rangs and bombs to prevent her from pulling turnips. She has to come to you eventually, especially on FD, if you apply the proper pressure.

3. Waveland. A Peach who knows where you're going to land is going to absolutely wreck your ****. Doll was hitting you every single time you landed because he noticed you never wavelanded. This was a huge deal . Watch the video and count the number of times Doll commits to an attack before you've landed (not all of them hit, but each one could have been punished by wavelanding).

4. Play more like you did from 2:24-2:30. That is intelligent play, and while you still jumped a bit too high at times jumping is generally ok if you're tossing out projectiles. That fair you did high in the air was just begging to get punished, however.

5. It's Doll. That mother****er is pretttttty good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Have you heard about this amazing character? His name is Fawkes McLeod.

He's pretty good in Battling Bonanza Siblings: Quarrel for the Playstation 2.

Skler

Smash Master
I think Battling Bonanza Siblings: Conflict for the PS3 is a better game. It has better graphics, and even though your character randomly loses his shoes and has to take a moment to look around and find them it has much better balance. It slows the game down and requires more mindgames, it's less about hitting buttons fast. Rumor has it that MLG is going to pick it up soon. They really nerfed Fawkes Mcleod a lot, but the new comer MeetuhNyte is pretty good.

I'm really having a hard time justifying posting what I just typed. They should make me a mod.

Spife

Smash Master
Wow Dood I watched these last night but muted the audio and you know what? You're playing worse with that ****ty cascada song playing over my speakers. That's your first problem, kill whom ever decided to put that in and put in some real music your self and you're link will grow to about 80 times his natural skill level.

Doll's peach is mad kyoot too.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...well, from what I saw you just gotta generally be more patient. Accept that short hop boomerang toward your opponent isn't very safe and shouldn't be done often. Accept that randomly dairing will be severely punished a lot more often than it will connect. Accept that link shouldn't really be chasing in the first place. Use projectiles and uair if peach doesn't feel like battling you up-close.

Oh, also, not only should you time your l cancels and whatnot, but try to hit with fair riiight before you hit the ground. It's much safer that way.

Gl fellow link main! :D

ZotR

Smash Rookie
Thanks. After constantly studying this and several other troublesome match-ups for me over the past few days, I feel much more knowledgeable not only for this match-up in the future but, as a Link main overall.

Now I just need to get in some locals practice to piece everything together and begin implementing it and I'll feel more greatly prepared for the next tournament.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Ok I noticed that you always angle your boomerang down, you'd be surprised how much people get hit by a straight rang from a long distance, and when they start hopping over it to approach you, angle it up.

Top Bottom