• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello. I'm picking up Yoshi. :]

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I already said Yoshi wasn't a MK counter. :] That's why I agreed with the post that I quoted from bwett.

Usually when I quote something and agree with it...I'm agreeing with them. :D Sorry, I should have been clearer I guess. 3:

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm just easily confused today. My bad. I have other things on the mind.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA

METAKNIGHT DOES NOT COUNTER YOSHI

Just because he's a broken-*** character doesn't mean he's everyone's counter.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA

METAKNIGHT DOES NOT COUNTER YOSHI

Just because he's a broken-*** character doesn't mean he's everyone's counter.
if the match up is in his favor.. its a counter. no matter how you look at it.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
if the match up is in his favor.. its a counter. no matter how you look at it.
NOP, SORRY.

If the only thing that factored into a counter-pick was a slight advantage, it wouldn't be worth counter-picking. Just the word "counter" implies a that it is a specific choice for the reason that it has the capacity to put the opposing player at a significant disadvantage.

Metaknight is the best character in the game, but that doesn't make him every single character in the game's counter.

Yoshi's ability to actually stand a chance against Metaknight with grab and release automatically vetoes the notion that it's a straight counter-pick.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Personally I tend to think of a counter as 70-30 or more, but that's just me. I still use Yoshi on MKs I think don't know the matchup.

Also Kawaii, I seem to see you on every character board I look at (except Ganon... but no one seems to like the dark lord...).
If I can play Yoshi, I'm sure you can!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Personally I tend to think of a counter as 70-30 or more, but that's just me. I still use Yoshi on MKs I think don't know the matchup.

Also Kawaii, I seem to see you on every character board I look at (except Ganon... but no one seems to like the dark lord...).
Wrong thread...

Also oh okay Jile. Get your *** active more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ummm... Why? From what I see this thread was about kawaii picking up Yoshi, became a Yoshi counters MK thread, then changed to a random chat thread...
LOLOL My bad.

Lmao, sorry I thought this was a different persons intro thread.

Sorry, sorry sir.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

I use a lot of characters. xD I only use my mains when I'm serious. I use Sonic, Donkey Kong, Snake, Peach, Ness, Ike, Pit...so many characters. @.@

That's why I'm usually on every character board. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I get you. I'm actually thinking about just trying to main random, since I seem to get pretty good with most characters, and that way people won't know who/what to CP/ban against me.

Still, that remains an elusive project. For now, it's Kirby, Mario, and Yoshi and occasionally Ganon, Snake, MK, Sonic, Peach, ZSS, Shiek, Fox and a couple others I'm just starting to pick up (depending on the situation/my opponents. I did do a match of 'team Ganonrape' in a doubles tourny this weekend for example.).

Top Bottom