• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so I've been gone for awhile what insanety I miss

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
so I've been gone for awhile what insanety I miss
The thread's not as lively as it used to be for obvious reasons, unfortunately.
You may have missed a few "Xenoblade characters comment on [character] reveal" posts though.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
This had to happen at some point. I loved Shulk's reactions for when Robin showed up! :laugh:
We should have the Xenoblade cast commentate over every Smash trailer.
So soon we should be expecting to see a cross of 2 on Shulk's reveal, then once all combinations are done we move onto combinations of 3, and so forth until the whole party commentates on every trailer.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Now that Shulk is in I hope they add Mechanical Rhythm to the song selection list. That is one of my favorite video game tracks.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
There is a point at which this should have stopped and we have clearly passed it...
This is great.

I'm late to the party, but I made a Mumkhar one for Shulk's reveal. I'll upload it tomorrow morning my time. Might make an Alvis one if I find the time.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Is it just me or have y'all noticed how a lot of people are complaining about how there are too many sword characters in this game. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but its really annoying me, I mean how is 8 out of 46+ characters a lot. I just thought I would mention this to see if other though the same or not.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Is it just me or have y'all noticed how a lot of people are complaining about how there are too many sword characters in this game. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but its really annoying me, I mean how is 8 out of 46+ characters a lot. I just thought I would mention this to see if other though the same or not.
Yet people never complain about the amount of hand-to-hand fighters. Logic.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I noticed, and it really annoys me. Shulk and Robin are two of the most unique characters in all Smash Bros. even if they wield swords.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I noticed, and it really annoys me. Shulk and Robin are two of the most unique characters in all Smash Bros. even if they wield swords.
Yea, Robin looks freaking' amazing, but I guess I shouldn't start bringing him up on a Shulk thread. lol

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I think people don't mind hand to hand fighters cause it IS a fighting game(i know its classified as a party game, but come on, we all know its a fighting game, its just not super competitive besides Melee and PM), usually those are about people who fight in hand to hand combat. Plus, a "Brawl" usually isn't about sword fighters, but rather a fist fight or something like that. That being said. i'm fine with swordfighters being in the game.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I think people don't mind hand to hand fighters cause it IS a fighting game(i know its classified as a party game, but come on, we all know its a fighting game, its just not super competitive besides Melee and PM), usually those are about people who fight in hand to hand combat. Plus, a "Brawl" usually isn't about sword fighters, but rather a fist fight or something like that. That being said. i'm fine with swordfighters being in the game.
Soul Calibur/Guilty Gear/etc all say hi. And relying on the etymology of "brawl" is really...ah...
tumblr_inline_n5njz03Shr1qb9yoj.gif

Seriously, there's no solid argument, no matter how you look at it. Smash has never had and never will have a quota on characters with a particular fighting style or weapon, people need to grow the **** up and accept that. All Sakurai cares about is what a character can bring to the game. And having a sword doesn't mean a character can't be unique.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Soul Calibur/Guilty Gear/etc all say hi. And relying on the etymology of "brawl" is really...ah...
View attachment 24486

Seriously, there's no solid argument, no matter how you look at it. Smash has never had and never will have a quota on characters with a particular fighting style or weapon, people need to grow the **** up and accept that. All Sakurai cares about is what a character can bring to the game. And having a sword doesn't mean a character can't be unique.
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I made one of those things last Friday, only able to upload now. How'd I do?
He's got rather few lines compared to the rest, but some are excellent.

I'll change the video display image later.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Not sure if enough people are really feeling it in this thread. Not enough feels.
We're conserving our feels so we can fully feel it when we get to actually play as him. We'll be really feeling it 24/7 when that comes around.

D

Deleted member

Not sure if enough people are really feeling it in this thread. Not enough feels.
Oh don't worry! I'm really feeling it! I am waiting to finally behold the power of the Monado in Smash! I just can't believe that we are in the final stretch of the waiting game!

Now we need Alvis!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh don't worry! I'm really feeling it! I am waiting to finally behold the power of the Monado in Smash! I just can't believe that we are in the final stretch of the waiting game!

Now we need Alvis!
Video has one downvote already :laugh:

I'm planning to make an Alvis one. He has a lot more voice clips than Mumkhar does, but unfortunately it's all vague kind of stuff.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nice to know you two are really feeling it @ AlvisCPU AlvisCPU @Brawler610. My eyes will be glued to the streams to watch Shulk in action come this weekend.
If I'm not one of the users who are "Really Feeling It" I don't know who is I've been liking all of y'all's posts.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If I'm not one of the users who are "Really Feeling It" I don't know who is I've been liking all of y'all's posts.
Let's storm the forum suggestions thread and ask for "likes" to be changed to "feels".

Let's see how many scrubs keep walking into Shulk's down smash and complain he's broken.
I'm pretty sure plenty of people are already convinced that he's broken now because of Zipzo's impressions. I'm too ready for the "Shulk is OP" topics.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Let's storm the forum suggestions thread and ask for "likes" to be changed to "feels".

I'm pretty sure plenty of people are already convinced that he's broken now because of Zipzo's impressions. I'm too ready for the "Shulk is OP" topics.
Has no one made this yet? I'm surprised. I thought they were standard.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Haha! Just perfect.
Video has one downvote already :laugh:
Wait what?? Wow, I wonder what warranted that...
I am definitely feeling it. I just changed my mii plaza mii to my Shulk mii, changed my saying to "SmashHYPE!SHULK!" and changed my outfit to the 3ds one so it looks like Shulk is popping out of it..
We're conserving our feels so we can fully feel it when we get to actually play as him. We'll be really feeling it 24/7 when that comes around.
Oh yes. All of my free time will be Shulk Smash time.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Has no one made this yet? I'm surprised. I thought they were standard.
If I saw it, I would've locked it (more than likely consider deleting it completely :troll:). Preemptive topics like those don't do any good around here, especially with little evidence to really go by.

On another note...woop, woop, I've reached 3k posts

inb4 "I don't care" gifs :awesome:

I am definitely feeling it. I just changed my mii plaza mii to my Shulk mii, changed his saying to "SmashHYPE!Shulk!" and my outfit is the 3ds so it looks like Shulk is popping out of it..
:4feels:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If I saw it, I would've locked it (more than likely consider deleting it completely :troll:). Preemptive topics like those don't do any good around here, especially with little evidence to really go by.

On another note...woop, woop, I've reached 3k posts

inb4 "I don't care" gifs :awesome:

:4feels:
That's what your post made me think of.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Haha! Just perfect.

Wait what?? Wow, I wonder what warranted that...

I am definitely feeling it. I just changed my mii plaza mii to my Shulk mii, changed my saying to "SmashHYPE!SHULK!" and changed my outfit to the 3ds one so it looks like Shulk is popping out of it..

Oh yes. All of my free time will be Shulk Smash time.
If I'm really feeling his taunt where he's really feeling it, that will be the only taunt I can use.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People will believe anything without stopping and thinking for a second whether or not it's truly overpowered.

Like there's a difference between claiming that Link is OP because of his Spin Attack and Meta Knight is OP because he has a lot of advantages like lightning fast attacks with surprising power and the best recovery in the game. For Shulk, I'd easily wager that he's powerful but is balanced out by the learning curve the character has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom