• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
People will believe anything without stopping and thinking for a second whether or not it's truly overpowered.

Like there's a difference between claiming that Link is OP because of his Spin Attack and Meta Knight is OP because he has a lot of advantages like lightning fast attacks with surprising power and the best recovery in the game. For Shulk, I'd easily wager that he's powerful but is balanced out by the learning curve the character has.
From what I'm gathering, people just see his range and lose their minds. The drawbacks from each Art are also ignored by some (I've noticed that some seriously think that Shulk just gets buffed with no repercussions).

Without a doubt, he'll definitely be a character that people won't be able to pick up and receive instant results. That'll probably end up shooing off several players that are interested in him upon release.

There's no feels because all of the feels went to Melia.
Meila, and Lucas.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Riki's model went to use as an assist trophy. Would it not be a waste for Dunban's model to be put to more use?

Dunban for ssb4 (dlc? (plz sakurai??))

Let's see how many scrubs keep walking into Shulk's down smash and complain he's broken.
Monado arts is broken. It got no disadvantages! Nerf it to oblivion!!11

His range is too big. NERF

Too early to conclude whether he's OP or not but seriously, why the hell is someone gonna complain about his not-fast d-smash? You have to be a dumb **** to actually get hit by it too much when its just thrown out of no where for no tactical or legitimate reason whatsoever.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Monado arts is broken. It got no disadvantages! Nerf it to oblivion!!11

His range is too big. NERF

Too early to conclude whether he's OP or not but seriously, why the hell is someone gonna complain about his not-fast d-smash? You have to be a dumb **** to actually get hit by it too much when its just thrown out of no where for no tactical or legitimate reason whatsoever.
I remember people saying that Little Mac would be OP because of his sheer firepower on the ground, plus his KO Uppercut.

When a few rough tier lists from some Smash Invitational players came out (again, it's only impressions, don't rely on it), all lists had Little Mac near the bottom, saying you really need to be on-top of your game to get the most out of him.

So, point is, we really aren't gonna know until we spend good time with the game.

I personally don't even care about who's OP and who's not, I just play with whoever I like and work around whatever character I'm up against.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
A little late, but I decided to do an analysis video on the Shulk trailer. One of my main goals with this was to not only break down the video, but inform new people about some of the little canon details Sakurai and his team have included for Shulk as well as give an impression on what the character is like in general. Hopefully you guys find it informative and enjoyable to watch!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So should the ****son Mii be a sword fighter or a gunner?

What is the origin of this image? If it's a leak don't say anything but that please >.>
I believe it's from Nintendo of Europe's twitter page, from what I've been told.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Hey guys, I don't think this is the final roster. Remember, Brawl's secret characters were put on the website a few months after the game's release.

What I'm saying is, it may be Reyn Time yet.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I don't think this is the final roster. Remember, Brawl's secret characters were put on the website a few months after the game's reveal.

Well, we only have 2 more days until the Japan release, so we will see a lot of info in the next weekend, as people will unlock every character in that time.

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Is Shulk's 3rd costume based off Dunban? And is his 5th one based off Sharla?

Actually looking closer they all might be based off party members. I was hoping for different armours, but this is still awesome!

D

Deleted member

Is Shulk's 3rd costume based off Dunban? And is his 5th one based off Sharla?

Actually looking closer they all might be based off party members. I was hoping for different armours, but this is still awesome!
Yep. From left to right, I see Shulk, Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki, swimsuit.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
A color for every party member is so much cooler than other armors imo (I wanted Makna really bad). Can't wait to play as Riki colored Shulk

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Since I only uses canon recolors, I'm not going to using any of them. However, they do look cool.

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Shulk, Charizard, and Lucina have the best recolors in the game. It's a shame Pac-Man and Lucario look so awful.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
At first, I thought Shulk's alternate palettes were okay, but I just realized that they are based off of the party members in Xenoblade. Pretty neat callback to the game!

I think that Lucina and Shulk have the best colors in the game.
Sonic's and Lucario's are just disappointing and makes me feel rather blue. :(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At first, I thought Shulk's alternate palettes were okay, but I just realized that they are based off of the party members in Xenoblade. Pretty neat callback to the game!

I think that Lucina and Shulk have the best colors in the game.
Sonic's and Lucario's are just disappointing and makes me feel rather blue. :(
I see what you did there.

I appreciate Shulk's palette swaps as well, but they could have altered his hair color for each (his Dunban alt would have brunette hair, his Melia alt would have grey hair, etc.).

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I see what you did there.

I appreciate Shulk's palette swaps as well, but they could have altered his hair color for each (his Dunban alt would have brunette hair, his Melia alt would have grey hair, etc.).
Agreed. I think it would definitely go better. The same goes for those who have colors based on other characters.
Guess Lucina is the only prime example. :p

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Hey guys, I don't think this is the final roster. Remember, Brawl's secret characters were put on the website a few months after the game's release.

Honestly, my fingers are crossed for Mewtwo and Ridley.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I just remembered this post I made awhile back:

Well, just yesterday I managed to get my hands on a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. And I have to say, I really like what I've seen so far. The battles are fun, there's a ton of customization, the environments are beautiful (I'd really like to see a stage made out of one of those), the soundtrack is excellent, and I find Shulk to be a likable protagonist. Not to mention that the Monado is actually a pretty cool weapon, much more so than something like the Master Sword or Falchion.

I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of the game. Though at this point, I can safely say that I'm significantly more excited for the idea of Shulk being playable in Smash than I was before. I definitely support his inclusion.
And look what happened:

Take that, you inferior weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom