• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Swimsuit is my favorite character in the game.
SwimsuitShulk.png

Speaking of the swimsuit, am I the only person who was somewhat disappointed that Shulk's alternate costume didn't get palette swaps of its own? I can imagine him wearing a green and yellow one right now (in my opinion, it would fit well with his hair color).

Regardless, I'll probably main Swimsuit and Fierce Deity Link (and if Bad Box Art Mega Man were an option, I would main him, too).:p

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
It isn't white and gold at all, I don't know why people keep calling it that. It looks white and black more than anything.
I thought Famitsu made it look white and blue. Blue collar, at least.

So, if the other colours are all party member references, is the white one Fiora? Maybe the image is just grainy, but I can't really tell who it's meant to resemble.

D

Deleted member

I must say, even when we knew Shulk was going to be in for a long time, I'm glad that he got in and this is pretty big for him! His series is getting more promotion, meaning we might get someone in the future to accompany Shulk!

Not only that, but you have to remember that Shulk is going toe-to-toe with legendary swordsmen like Link and Marth and he will be fighting legends like Mario and Sonic! It just all feels incredible! Thank you for pulling for us, Shulk. We had visions of you in Smash and thank Bionis that they didn't change!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'm good. I'm happy. Shulk is in and even if what we see is the final roster and we don't get any additional characters, we have Shulk.

This is a good Smash Bros game.

Just here to post my positive attitude after seeing a lot of salt on the boards.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, with
I'm good. I'm happy. Shulk is in and even if what we see is the final roster and we don't get any additional characters, we have Shulk.

This is a good Smash Bros game.

Just here to post my positive attitude after seeing a lot of salt on the boards.
Some people had a Japanese copy since this morning, and through streaming showed Ganondorf, Ness, Duck Hunt Dog, Game & Watch, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Wario, Falco, Jigglypuff, R.O.B., and Dark Pit.
I believe those are the only characters that aren't going to be officially announced.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
So, with

Some people had a Japanese copy since this morning, and through streaming showed Ganondorf, Ness, Duck Hunt Dog, Game & Watch, Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, Wario, Falco, Jigglypuff, R.O.B., and Dark Pit.
I believe those are the only characters that aren't going to be officially announced.
I saw that. Watched the near entirety of the stream.

You know what? I'm fine with those characters. We have freakin SHULK, MEGAMAN, PACMAN and all these other amazing characters.

It just upsets me that people can't seem to remember how awesome the current characters we have actually are. :/

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
While I'm really happy for Shulk...

I can't say the same for other people. Expressing disappointment is fine, but "die or **** Sakurai?" That's just going overboard.

D

Deleted member

While I'm really happy for Shulk...

I can't say the same for other people. Expressing disappointment is fine, but "die or **** Sakurai?" That's just going overboard.
The Ridley thread has really gotten out of hand from what I saw. I understand that people are disappointed, but insulting Sakurai won't do you any good.
I also really believe that he listened to the fanbase. If he didn't, I doubt that we would have seen characters like Villager, Mega Man, Rosalina, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Bowser Jr. with Koopaling alts, and of course Shulk.
The only things that really confuse me are no Mewtwo and no 3rd DK character and those two things were highly demanded.

I am a bit disappointed over some parts of the roster, but I've accepted my losses and my gains when I first saw that leak. This is a very good roster in my opinion.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Shulk is in guys. This is crazy. Less than a month until release. What is life?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm currently glad the fans of Golden Sun aren't holding grudges against Xenoblade. Then again, I did go out of my way to tell them ahead of time not to play the scapegoat card.

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently glad the fans of Golden Sun aren't holding grudges against Xenoblade. Then again, I did go out of my way to tell them ahead of time not to play the scapegoat card.
Well.. I did ran into one of them in the youtube comment section of one of Shulk's trailer videos.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That was my main fear if Shulk would be revealed: The Isaac backlash. It has been very tame thankfully, so that's nice.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I amount of hate Sakurai is getting is to much! People need to realize it's just a character and not the end of the world. But I'm look forward for some nice DLC like they are doing in Mario Kart.:happysheep:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I amount of hate Sakurai is getting is to much! People need to realize it's just a character and not the end of the world. But I'm look forward for some nice DLC like they are doing in Mario Kart.:happysheep:
Bt my fav caractr wsnt in smsh!
Yeah, DLC would be pretty sweet for Smash, we could see new stages, more characters, so many options available.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
There's no possible way you can like Golden Sun and not like Xenoblade. And both Isaac & Shulk are very unique

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
So, with

*FISTPUMP*
DUCK HUNT DOG HELL YES
BUT NO WOLF WHAT

as you can see I am quite excited about these newcomers. Is Ness in the game?
You get to experience Shulk Time in HD or in your pocket because he's in Smash

Oh and Xenoblade for *NEW* 3DS
N3DS sounds cooler and more distinctive, in my opinion.

it's like the difference between SFW and NSFW, because my destruction and rage destroying C-Stick-less scrubs in Smash with my N3DS will be too graphic and awesome for work*.

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC, Nintendo's releasing GameCube controller adapters for the Wii U along with SSB4U.

*But why would I do that, Fiora avatar would not approve

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Regarding the Isaac supporters, they seem to be taking this pretty well and, well, don't hate us. Isaac is not an AT, so there is a possibility they are holding on to East vs West theory or DLC, which is fine.

I'm just glad I got mah boi Shulk. We are going to have so many Shulk Free-For-Alls, Bronados.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Regarding the Isaac supporters, they seem to be taking this pretty well and, well, don't hate us. Isaac is not an AT, so there is a possibility they are holding on to East vs West theory or DLC, which is fine.

I'm just glad I got mah boi Shulk. We are going to have so many Shulk Free-For-Alls, Bronados.
THIS IS THUH POW-UH UHV THUH BRO-NAH-DOH
*insert pic of Shulk in aviators, with the Monado wearing some as well*
B-B-B-BRONADO BUSTER

Seriously, I think there was one like 20, 40 pages back, but we need one right here, right now.

Last edited:

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
Shulk vs Master core
This is probably the most competent shulk user I have found so far. (take that with a pinch of salt)

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Sakurai needs to put up the Gaur Plains arrangement to the site!

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
So both Xenoblade songs on the 3DS version are ripped straight from the game. Kinda disappointed. Have to wait for Wii U version for the awesome remixes now.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
So both Xenoblade songs on the 3DS version are ripped straight from the game. Kinda disappointed. Have to wait for Wii U version for the awesome remixes now.
Wait, someone posted the songs? Let me go see. What are they?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It was on a stream so I can't. Gaur Plains and YWKON are ripped directly from the game though.
Oh, I figured it was on a stream. I just wondered if it had been posted.

It's a shame the songs are both ripped, but maybe we can hold out for the Smash Run play list and the Wii U version.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Oh, I figured it was on a stream. I just wondered if it had been posted.

It's a shame the songs are both ripped, but maybe we can hold out for the Smash Run play list and the Wii U version.
I hope they're there, but it seems weird they'd restrict the remixes to Smash Run...

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I hope they're there, but it seems weird they'd restrict the remixes to Smash Run...
I thought I heard they did. I may have misunderstood. Maybe it was some weird technical reason, and they wanted to have all of the music available? *shrugs*

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Maybe they'll patch in the music. Maybe.

EDIT: @ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler
Apparently there are 3 songs
Weird i see three songs for some in the sound test.
Gaur plain
1) ガウル平原
2) 名を冠する者たち
3) 機の律動
I know the first one says Gaur Plains but I dunno what the other two say.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Shulk vs Master core
This is probably the most competent shulk user I have found so far. (take that with a pinch of salt)
You're right. That CPU Shulk is very competent.
Maybe they'll patch in the music. Maybe.

EDIT: @ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler
Apparently there are 3 songs

I know the first one says Gaur Plains but I dunno what the other two say.
The other 2 songs are Those Who Bear Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom