• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

A new symbol has appeared on the Monado!

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So guys, I don't really know if this has been discussed here, but what possible ITEMS can be a Xenoblade representation? Riki's biter? Sharla's rifle that heals/deals damage? Lol
Collectibles. They don't do anything, but you get to see Mario try and carry around 30 dobercorgis (like, the actual dog, not the blue sphere) for no real reason.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
A Monado beam sword. :troll:

Last edited:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
So guys, I don't really know if this has been discussed here, but what possible ITEMS can be a Xenoblade representation? Riki's biter? Sharla's rifle that heals/deals damage? Lol
Sharla's rifle would be a great item, imagine someone unfamiliar with Xenoblade trying to use it and raging that everyone they shoot gets healed instead of damaged.

Also this thread and the supporters in it are so ridiculously awesome. I don't think I've posted here since the Brawl speculation days but going through this thread (especially with all the amazing photoshops) has actually inspired me to start posting again. Love Xenoblade, Shulk is by far my most wanted character, and I can't wait to play as him against my fellow Bronados :)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sharla's rifle would be a great item, imagine someone unfamiliar with Xenoblade trying to use it and raging that everyone they shoot gets healed instead of damaged.

Also this thread and the supporters in it are so ridiculously awesome. I don't think I've posted here since the Brawl speculation days but going through this thread (especially with all the amazing photoshops) has actually inspired me to start posting again. Love Xenoblade, Shulk is by far my most wanted character, and I can't wait to play as him against my fellow Bronados :)
Great to hear! We always welcome more supporters. And Sharlas rifle would be hilarious.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice

I know! Rifle with 50% chance to be either healing or damaging!

Same goes for me! First time I actually participated in any Smash discussions ever. :)

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
a Reyn guarder that changes your attacks and gives you a "Link's shield" kind of thing?
Gems that give buffs? I think a lot of them would transfer over well and were like already done with subspace stickers. An Unbeatable gem that makes you immune to blast zones, heh.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
a Reyn guarder that changes your attacks and gives you a "Link's shield" kind of thing?
Gems that give buffs? I think a lot of them would transfer over well and were like already done with subspace stickers. An Unbeatable gem that makes you immune to blast zones, heh.
Possibly!

Another idea, it could be a variation of a crate/barrel/party ball/whatever, but it will be a CHEST, wooden, silver and gold respectively, complete with a beam of light which extends upwards! :) Contains several items inside. Lol

D

Deleted member

I was thinking about Riki's Biter. It would have random debuffs occur, like fire, freezing, and darkness for example.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Maybe I'm the only one who liked Lucina... ah well.
Have any of you seen this? It came up not long ago on my Twitter. I've (hopefully) put it under a spoiler because the images are big.

I suppose it's a little more information about Lucina.
That makes it worst for me, I really have a distaste for clones. why did he make her a clone, he knows people don't like clone characters did he not learn for Fire Marth ( aka Roy).

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I was thinking about Shulk's possible reveal trailer and thought about riding the coat-tails of yesterday's trailer. But have it take place BEFORE:

Chrom is fighting Captain Falcon. The two are exchanging blows when, just like in the Robin trailer, Falcon kicks Chrom then goes in for the PAWNCH. You then hear, "The future doesn't belong to you" and Shulk appears and uses Monado speed to protect Chrom from the attack. Chrom says, "Looks like I've got my chance." BOOM simultaneous Chrom and Shulk reveal trailer while using Captain Falcon again.

I think that's the best option. Don't you want to see Falcon in CGI HD glory again?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
just to give you guys a heads up. Gematsu could still be true, but then we need official word from Sakurai
I always interpret Lucina as a freebie from the developers, a relatively late addition that basically catered to those that like her while at the same time not draining away resouces. Robin was clearly the main attraction to begin with, and Chrom being basically one big jab at his rather controversal speculation.

I suppose my main problem more so has to do with me having a brief moment of excitement with "Monado Purge" being used on Captain Falcon, but instead I get Robin which I never really cared about and on top of that has a "improvise weapon" gimmick similar to Platinum the Trinity that makes me worried about it being unorthodox due to past failures of making gimmicks.
Well Gematsu could still be true, but the real problem is we need word of Sakurai, data mining & the full roster, to find leftover data of a playable Chrom, to confirm if the leaker had really outdated Data or if he was just wrong

Brawl's roster also was decided in 2005, minus Sonic & Wolf(could have been planned, but scraped very early then in development, then readded last minute due he lacks a scrapped victory theme unlike Roy & Mewtwo)

Robin could have been overlooked like Rosalina by the leaker or there was perhaps placeholder data like XY pokemon, like new FE Protagonist, which in reality is Robin, but the majority always think of Chrom

Lucina I 100% agree is a last minute edition, easy to make & is just an added bonus, she kinda is the Wolf of this game imo

However like I said before Shulk doesn't need leaks to become playable, because the future belongs to him anyway xD

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
just to give you guys a heads up. Gematsu could still be true, but then we need official word from Sakurai

Well Gematsu could still be true, but the real problem is we need word of Sakurai, data mining & the full roster, to find leftover data of a playable Chrom, to confirm if the leaker had really outdated Data or if he was just wrong

Brawl's roster also was decided in 2005, minus Sonic & Wolf(could have been planned, but scraped very early then in development, then readded last minute due he lacks a scrapped victory theme unlike Roy & Mewtwo)

Robin could have been overlooked like Rosalina by the leaker or there was perhaps placeholder data like XY pokemon, like new FE Protagonist, which in reality is Robin, but the majority always think of Chrom

Lucina I 100% agree is a last minute edition, easy to make & is just an added bonus, she kinda is the Wolf of this game imo

However like I said before Shulk doesn't need leaks to become playable, because the future belongs to him anyway xD
This is exactly what I think. The leaker may have early and outdated information, but he seems REALLY sure that Shulk will be in the game. (He said that Shulk was 100% after all.) And like I said some pages ago, Chrom and Shulk can't be compared since Chrom is one of many possible Fire emblem reps, but Shulk is the only possible Xenoblade rep for now.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
By the way, the Nopon Tatsu at the end of the X trailer is the same Nopon named Tatsu in Xenoblade Chronicles. At least I think he is, they look identical. Even down to the same glasses. The only difference is that the Nopon named Tatsu had his name changed to something else in the English version of Xenoblade.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
By the way, the Nopon Tatsu at the end of the X trailer is the same Nopon named Tatsu in Xenoblade Chronicles. At least I think he is, they look identical. Even down to the same glasses. The only difference is that the Nopon named Tatsu had his name changed to something else in the English version of Xenoblade.
Which Nopon is that? Don't remember him.

Speaking of him though, look at that! A Nopon with a mouth that isn't painted on.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That reminds me, what do you guys think about the Nopon? I've heard that a lot of people dislike them for some reason. I personally love them.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Hooh. Caught up after falling asleep again. As for items...

Can we get the Infinity Sandwich? :troll:

too op pls nerf

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
That makes me think of something, what do you guys think about the Nopon? I've heard that a lot of people dislike them for some reason. I personally love them.
They're great. At first, I found them annoying, but they really grow on you, man. They really do. And Frontier Village's music helps with that a lot.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Can't be an item, since it has to be one of Shulk's taunts.
Let's hope that it becomes the fastest taunt in the game so that you can spam it over and over and over again.
They're great. At first, I found them annoying, but they really grow on you, man. They really do. And Frontier Village's music helps with that a lot.
Frontier village is such a great location. And I don't even need to talk about the music because we are in the Shulk thread.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not necessarily. Read @ RawstyleEevee RawstyleEevee 's great post he made earlier. And even if it IS dead, Shulk still has a great shot at making it in the roster.
It's not even Shulk I'm worried for, it's a RH rep. Chances of getting a RH rep, Shulk, and Takamaru (three of my most wanted, alongside K. Rool) are lost. We'll only get a maximum two of the three, I believe.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Which Nopon is that? Don't remember him.

Speaking of him though, look at that! A Nopon with a mouth that isn't painted on.
I THINK it was Tatsu that was renamed to Satata in the English version of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Edit: Admittedly the Tatsu in Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't have the hat and hair.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Just checking up on you guys after the big reveal. I hope you guys weren't too upset about not having your hyped up "MonadoMonday."

On that note, how do you guys feel about Shulk's chances now that the Gematsu Leak has proven itself to be inaccurate and (judging by the "enjoy my good friend Shulk" comment) unreliable? Do you still think Shulk will be in the game despite this setback?

I mean, he better be. You guys and your confidence in Shulk's chances made me buy Xenoblade and become fond of Shulk. I don't want to be disappointed.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's not even Shulk I'm worried for, it's a RH rep. Chances of getting a RH rep, Shulk, and Takamaru (three of my most wanted, alongside K. Rool) are lost. We'll only get a maximum two of the three, I believe.
Ah, I see. A RH rep would be really cool imo, and K. Rool is one of MY most wanted too.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
There are still RH enemies in Smash Run, so an RH rep is still very likely.

Just checking up on you guys after the big reveal. I hope you guys weren't too upset about not having your hyped up "MonadoMonday."

On that note, how do you guys feel about Shulk's chances now that the Gematsu Leak has proven itself to be inaccurate and (judging by the "enjoy my good friend Shulk" comment) unreliable? Do you still think Shulk will be in the game despite this setback?

I mean, he better be. You guys and your confidence in Shulk's chances made me buy Xenoblade and become fond of Shulk. I don't want to be disappointed.
Dude, we're still super positive. His chances were great even before Gematsu. It's not a setback, it just means getting him will be a delightful surprise. In fact, as I've said before, Gematsu being debunked means more people will support Shulk because everything is now fair game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There are still RH enemies in Smash Run, so an RH rep is still very likely.

Dude, we're still super positive. His chances were great even before Gematsu. It's not a setback, it just means getting him will be a delightful surprise. In fact, as I've said before, Gematsu being debunked means more people will support Shulk because everything is now fair game.
Well, here's hoping. *downs a glass of Sweet Apple Acres cider*

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Tbh, the order I would want is:
Takamaru
Shulk/RH rep
K. Rool

But chances of getting all 4 is slim-none now.
I know how it feels, since my most wanted were never likely to begin with. (Masked man from Mother 3 and Skull kid.)

To put it shortly, almost no one in this thread is TOO salty about Shulk not being revealed. And his chances still look great for multiple reasons. (Two tweets from BOTH of Shulks voice actors, Japanese and English for example.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

We found all the Xenoblade Miis, so we're ready for anything now.

Edit: Quick, someone respond with a Neyn gif!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

I'm not sad my Monado Monday never happened... I mean I got someone I wanted more.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
We found all the Xenoblade Miis, so we're ready for anything now.
We still have Neyn, the False Prophet of Time.

...#TrueMonadoTuesday plz Sakurai. I would very much prefer to not have to use the mii Shulk, Sulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom