• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Which in itself is hilariously suspicious! Those Xenoblade directors/writers are following this too closely for it to be a coincidence. I think it also helps that they probably know how bad the Japanese smashers want the Dixon Shulk.

True, true. And yet, I find her much more interesting to play in theory than Marth. It must be that I never liked the tip mechanic, (or Roy's hilt mechanic. That was dumb.) so I think I might actually enjoy her.
eh? I don't remember who said it, but MANY pages back someone came with the suggestion that Monolith KNOWS that Shulk will be in Sm4sh, but they don't know WHEN the trailer will be revealed, so they retweet just in case.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Which in itself is hilariously suspicious! Those Xenoblade directors/writers are following this too closely for it to be a coincidence. I think it also helps that they probably know how bad the Japanese smashers want the Dixon Shulk.

True, true. And yet, I find her much more interesting to play in theory than Marth. It must be that I never liked the tip mechanic, (or Roy's hilt mechanic. That was dumb.) so I think I might actually enjoy her.
The mystery makes things so much more fun. Not revealing Shulk when it was expected could end up turning out to be the greatest thing. Although we were still hype in here regardless, an unexpected reveal will make things several times better imo. Plus, in exchange, we received two characters that people had no idea were coming, and just like some people wanted, it was non-Gematsu.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
eh? I don't remember who said it, but MANY pages back someone came with the suggestion that Monolith KNOWS that Shulk will be in Sm4sh, but they don't know WHEN the trailer will be revealed, so they retweet just in case.
That's what I've always thought. Maybe no one knows when their character will be shown. Or Sakurai could just tell Monolith "yo retweet dis shiz trolol"

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Man, compared to the desolate wasteland of sadness the Chrom thread became, and before that, the salt-filled angryness of the Robin thread (pre-reveal), we've managed to stick close and be friendly regardless of whatever!

We will still seize our destinies! (As early as next month perhaps, since rumor has it that the whole roster is going to be shown in CoroCoro.)
Like I said before:

Plus, as Shulk supporters, I think we dig not having a leak over our heads.
We just want to live our lives as they come.....every day is a little different from the last, we don't know what the future will hold, but It's more fun not knowing.... life's little surprises are what makes it great. We don't know what's going to happen, it's worrying sometimes, but it's also exciting.
Little by little, each day as it comes, that's how we should live. That's our world.
:bee:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The mystery makes things so much more fun. Not revealing Shulk when it was expected could end up turning out to be the greatest thing. Although we were still hype in here regardless, an unexpected reveal will make things several times better imo. Plus, in exchange, we received two characters that people had no idea were coming, and just like some people wanted, it was non-Gematsu.
And more specifically, the exact opposite of Chrom's potential reception. I supported Chrom, but wanted Robin, and man did yesterday's reveal change the tone of the site! And now people aren't going to hate on us (and by extension Shulk) for being "Gematsu people" (not that it matters.) even though that was never the case and we true Xenobrothers (And sisters) have high hopes for Shulk anyway!

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah man, you all are my true Xenosiblings.

Interloper

Smash Cadet
NNID
interloper323
...What if Dorf gets his two swords? Then we have another sword fighter.

I like swords and all, but we need some halberds, axes, and maces up in this smash.
At least we finally got a character that uses tomes. Ive always found it baffling that that a character that uses axes, bows, or spears hasn't been included in Smash.

Anyways...back on topic.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
We must have Monado 1 up in here, because none of us Homs are getting hurt. ;)
Man, you guys are so ****ing awesome. <3 <3

We ain't got time for :salt: up in here, there's destinies to seize!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Oh yeah.. That thing. Can I give that a half-vote? (Although I guess It's only half a clone (specials only) whereas Lucina and Tink are actual clones. Hmmmmm..

10/50 is still fine.

Buh serds errr so berring! All therrr serrrrm!!!

Anyone who looks at Robin as a boring swordsman needs to shut the **** up. (I'll probably have to say the same for Shulk when/if he's revealed.)
Wait Robin is a Swordsman?! I thought he was like Ganondorf, have a sword but don't really use it

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The absolute WORST that could happen here is Shulk isn't playable, but Xenoblade still gets a lot of exposure due to this speculation. I've already seen a lot of people in this thread that have only played the game because of Smash hype, and that's awesome.

Also, I fully expect to get a bunch of Nintendo Network IDs for Xenoblade Chronicles X online play before this is all said and done.

(Shulk is totally going to be playable anyway though.)

Interloper

Smash Cadet
NNID
interloper323
Wouldn't be amazing if shulk was the last revealed character, for the sole purpose of having Shulk initiate a chain attack with EVERY CHARACTER on the roster for his reveal trailer? that would be way to powerful...I dunno if my body could take it XD

EDIT: of course the poor soul getting hit buy this, would be Master Hand.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really wonder how online play is going to work in XBC:X. The main character seems pretty customizable not just in appearance, but also in abilities (and role.) I usually play a tank in MMOs, so I'll be there to your backs.

Oh yeah, it's me time!

Valkyrie_Nyx

Smash Rookie
You know, to be honest I'm kind of glad that the leak is no longer being considered as much. I feel like I can concentrate more on the reasons I've always thought he'd get in for long before the leak existed and all that, which are all reasons people have already stated. Well, really it's just that I feel like it didn't really change things at all as far as chances go. It's just going to make his inevitable (hopefully!) reveal be all the sweeter since the leak won't be hanging over people's heads as much (although I do still think it had some truth to it, it just won't be weighing people down as much I guess). I suppose, hahaha... I'm so bad at putting my thoughts together, man. This is why I stay silent lol. So yeah, the only thing salty here is my lunch. Too much soy sauce... and speaking of lunch the idea for that endless sandwich taunt is A+++++ best ever
As a side note that Sailor Monado is so fab I feel kinship with whoever drew that, aww yeah

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wish @ SmashChu SmashChu was a little bit more active in this thread, we never get to change the thread title to anything fun.

We should change that. I'm thinking "Don't be a Dickson: Enduring Friendship."

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I really wonder how online play is going to work in XBC:X. The main character seems pretty customizable not just in appearance, but also in abilities (and role.) I usually play a tank in MMOs, so I'll be there to your backs.

Oh yeah, it's me time!
I'm positive the online play is the reason the MC's the way he/she is. Now we won't have everyone playing as the Shulk looking kid because Shulk.

D

Deleted member

That reminds me, what do you guys think about the Nopon? I've heard that a lot of people dislike them for some reason. I personally love them.
I like the Nopon. I think that they have this cute charm about them that makes me hard to actually hate them (not that I tried). I just wish that their voices were... a bit more kiddy. It took a while for me to adjust to Riki's voice because it wasn't that.

Just checking up on you guys after the big reveal. I hope you guys weren't too upset about not having your hyped up "MonadoMonday."

On that note, how do you guys feel about Shulk's chances now that the Gematsu Leak has proven itself to be inaccurate and (judging by the "enjoy my good friend Shulk" comment) unreliable? Do you still think Shulk will be in the game despite this setback?

I mean, he better be. You guys and your confidence in Shulk's chances made me buy Xenoblade and become fond of Shulk. I don't want to be disappointed.
Robin may have tipped the scales away from the Gematsu leak being real and I do think that Shulk took a minor hit, but I think that Shulk is eventually going to seize his destiny as a character on the roster. There is a lot going for him and he really didn't need the leak to show how likely he was.
The Incredible Shulk is incredibly hard to just smash away.
I'm actually looking forward to a battle between Shulk and Robin. The battle between the smart and tactical sword users... it would be pretty sweet!

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
That reminds me, what do you guys think about the Nopon? I've heard that a lot of people dislike them for some reason. I personally love them.
wat

they're freakin FLUFFY KIRBYS LIVING IN A GIANT TREE WITH LITTLE HOUSES IN THEM

HOW COULD ANYONE HATE NOPONS

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't wait for the multiplayer in Xenoblade X! It will probably be awesome, just like the rest of the game.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Wouldn't be amazing if shulk was the last revealed character, for the sole purpose of having Shulk initiate a chain attack with EVERY CHARACTER on the roster for his reveal trailer? that would be way to powerful...I dunno if my body could take it XD

EDIT: of course the poor soul getting hit buy this, would be Master Hand.
And the last attack in the chain attack...

FALCON.... PAWNCH!!!!!!!!

*Drools*

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone,

It's awesome to see so much support for Shulk in this thread (quite a long time I haven't come here actually) :)
What would be awesome for Shulk's reveal trailer in my opinion is a(nother) big troll : Ridley shows up and does his stuff, and right when you expect him to be confirmed Shulk comes and fights him (winning the epic battle quickly of course). Then he says an epic quote like "You won't stop me from seizing my future !!" and the "confirmation screen" shows up :shades:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Another point for Shulk - we need more Retro reps!

:troll:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait Robin is a Swordsman?! I thought he was like Ganondorf, have a sword but don't really use it
No, Robin works the way Ganondorf SHOULD work; uses it sometimes, but mostly sticks to magic.

I've been thinking that its possible there might be a different Xenoblade character in instead of Shulk, namely one that appears in both Xenoblade games. Someone mentioned a long-living character in Chronicles who they thought they saw in X, but after thinking it over, that's never happened before. Robin may have been a bit more unexpected, but even then Robin's still a main character of Awakening and even then, Fire Emblem is an established franchise. New franchises tend to have the main character, and Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade. So I still think he's the most likely (but Robin's reveal has given me more hope for Isaac and Shulk in the same game).

Interloper

Smash Cadet
NNID
interloper323
And the last attack in the chain attack...

FALCON.... PAWNCH!!!!!!!!

*Drools*
falcon punch AND Manado buster! I think that would cause the whole Galaxy to explode.

Mario would be like: "well thanks a**holes...now I gotta feed those greedy fat Lumas more Starbits to make the Galaxy again...."

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone,

It's awesome to see so much support for Shulk in this thread (quite a long time I haven't come here actually) :)
What would be awesome for Shulk's reveal trailer in my opinion is a(nother) big troll : Ridley shows up and does his stuff, and right when you expect him to be confirmed Shulk comes and fights him (winning the epic battle quickly of course). Then he says an epic quote like "You won't stop me from seizing my future !!" and the "confirmation screen" shows up :shades:
I would feel so bad for Ridley fans. When Chrom was disconfirmed the way he was, I got pretty upset.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
No, Robin works the way Ganondorf SHOULD work; uses it sometimes, but mostly sticks to magic.

I've been thinking that its possible there might be a different Xenoblade character in instead of Shulk, namely one that appears in both Xenoblade games. Someone mentioned a long-living character in Chronicles who they thought they saw in X, but after thinking it over, that's never happened before. Robin may have been a bit more unexpected, but even then Robin's still a main character of Awakening and even then, Fire Emblem is an established franchise. New franchises tend to have the main character, and Shulk is the main character of Xenoblade. So I still think he's the most likely (but Robin's reveal has given me more hope for Isaac and Shulk in the same game).
Melia is the only main character who's significantly long lived, but I'd definitely expect Shulk to get in first. In the very unlikely event that we get TWO Xenoblade characters (I didn't expect FE to get 4, though), I think it'd be Shulk and someone from X. Either Elma or a character that appears in both games, if there are any.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
If Xenoblade is literally this big a hit, then he'd likely be saved as the FINAL newcomer.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So guys, in the likely event that Shulk does make it in, when do you think we'll get his Amiibo?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It might not count for much but I still think there's something really weird about the gematsu leak. People seem mad to call it dead but I still feel suspicious about it.

1. He revealed the actual name of the Mii Fighter.
2. Rhythm Heaven still has an enemy in smash run, without gematsu it doesn't really have any meaning. It's so random.
3. Despite what has happened he still has had an unusually great track record.

I agree that the gematsu leak can't be relied on anymore....but I do hope gematsu lets us know if the leaker says anything else.

There's just something terribly bizarre about that leak. It got the craziest things right and then had such a fatal error about something that seemed really obvious.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

I still have faith that Shulk will be in. Add me to the list of supporters.

SHULK WILL CHANGE THE FUTURE...! HE WON'T LET SMASH OCCUR WITHOUT HIM IN IT!

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
wat

they're freakin FLUFFY KIRBYS LIVING IN A GIANT TREE WITH LITTLE HOUSES IN THEM

HOW COULD ANYONE HATE NOPONS
Easily. They're annoying. I wanted to burn that tree to the ground, and seal all the little gerbil things inside.

Anywho! I'm confident Shulk will still be in Smash. I honestly think Robin/Lucina were late changes to the roster. They obviously modeled Chrom, so he my have been planned playable at some point, so I still think Germatsu has creditability. Besides, the Xenoblade director is all over this game.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Technically, she wasn't level 12 when you got her again, amiright?
Touché. Though she would have had to pass level 12 to get where she did. She just hit level 12 offscreen :p

And to be fair, I suppose you could grind levels, though it isn't likely you'd get that far.

And let me go on record as saying I don't hate the Nopon. I find them endearing, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom