• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChosenZelos

Smash Apprentice
Gematsu aside, Because I believe it's totally bogus.

I think Shulk has always had a great chance. He's incredibly popular in Japan and after the demand of Operation Rainfall and having Xenoblade come over here, Nintendo obviously knows there is a demand.

Plus, look how hard they're pushing Xenoblade Chronicles X, they showed it off quite a bit at E3. With Nintendo recently buying out Monolith Soft, wouldn't smash be a great way to say "WELCOME TO NINTENDO" by putting Shulk into it? Plus it would work wonders for advertising Xenoblade Chronicles X in the west, similar to Marth/Roy's inclusion in Melee.

I think the hype Shulk would bring is pretty high, and I see no reason for him to NOT be included.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even though the leak got Chrom wrong (perhaps he was indeed going to be playable but Sakurai swapped him out for Lucina and Robin at the last minute) I still think the rest of the Gematsu leak may come true what with the Sneaky Spirit, and even without it, I have hope Shulk will be in either way. c: I'd be ok with Chorus Kids too tbh

Say, as someone mentioned a few pages back, has Sal Romano received a reply from the leaker when he asked about the Chrom switcheroo and staying at 8/11 (now 8/10) yet? I'm kinda curious to hear the details if any.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I love the Nopon. They would be my favourite "jrpg cute small intelligent race".

It helps that their home village is awesome and has a great music theme. Also I love the way they mangle the English language.

I hope they make some sort of cameo in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
In regards to the Nopon, at first I was like "oh, these guys are just your general mascot that usually goes with anime or games from Japan. meh"
Then I saw Riki.
And then Heropon was my life.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It might not count for much but I still think there's something really weird about the gematsu leak. People seem mad to call it dead but I still feel suspicious about it.

1. He revealed the actual name of the Mii Fighter.
2. Rhythm Heaven still has an enemy in smash run, without gematsu it doesn't really have any meaning. It's so random.
3. Despite what has happened he still has had an unusually great track record.

I agree that the gematsu leak can't be relied on anymore....but I do hope gematsu lets us know if the leaker says anything else.

There's just something terribly bizarre about that leak. It got the craziest things right and then had such a fatal error about something that seemed really obvious.
Rhythm Heaven enemy has perfect meaning without the leak, Rhythm Heaven games have sold like crazy, especially in Japan. The ONLY thing the leak has going for it past Wii Fit Trainer is "Mii Fighter," and he could've gotten that from somewhere else.

It doesn't matter about the Gematsu leak, though. The point is he doesn't have a perfect track record and he failed miserably when suggesting Shulk would be announced. The first leak? Confirmed. The second is dead, though, even if we do get Chorus Men (which is doubtful; a different Rhythm Heaven character is quite likely, Chorus Men not so much) we can't use the leak for speculation AT ALL. Which is naturally a good thing, leaks ruin the fun of speculation.

I think the Shulk ordeal proves this leaker doesn't have information anymore. Yes, he had it at one time, but not anymore, and he failed on Chrom already.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
If Xenoblade is literally this big a hit, then he'd likely be saved as the FINAL newcomer.
See I think we'll get two more trailer. One in August and one in September. I think Ridley would be the last reveal since he's the biggest first party character left (not like that). And I think Shulk could possibly next month's reveal.

Random thought but do you think Sakurai is a telphia, read our minds and switched the trailers?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I lay in bed and it's really cold
A warmth is moving towards me
I feel something touch me
It's Riki
I am so happy
He whispers in my ear, "new hom-hom friend!"
Okay, this thread is now writing Riki crack-fic. Bionis help me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, thank you. You guys seem to be very well mannered.

If you really want to go crazy with speculation, Sakurai used Robin's reveal trailer instead of Shulk's because of the retweet. :troll:
I actually would not put it past Sakurai for a fakeout. Or that he asked them to retweet just because he knew where it would lead, just to throw us off.

If he knew (he clearly did) how many people over here wanted Chrom enough to tell them how much better Robin was in the trailer, I guarantee he knows (and Monolith likely knows) how many people want Shulk.

He likes the series, it's so far completely absent, Monolith is important to Nintendo (and it'd be kind of a slap in the face to ignore their character, who they obviously want in the game.) Shulk =/= Chrom, so yeah.

The planets are still aligning, I just hope it pans out!

See I think we'll get two more trailer. One in August and one in September. I think Ridley would be the last reveal since he's the biggest first party character left (not like that). And I think Shulk could possibly next month's reveal.

Random thought but do you think Sakurai is a telphia, read our minds and switched the trailers?
I'll be 100% perfectly content if we get 3 more trailers. Please Sakurai?

One with Shulk, one with a Rhythm Heaven character (Because I can't ignore that there's Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run) and one with a certain purple dragon. Sakurai's been being too weird about him, and like you said, wouldn't it be a great final shabang for Sakurai to throw the Ridley trailer at us for the final bit of hype?

Although, if we're getting the full roster next month (In CoroCoro on the 12th, confirmed.) I wonder if this means Sakurai is going to speed up the trailers. Seeing Shulkley in CoroCoro before a cool trailer would sort of kill the effect.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Rhythm Heaven enemy has perfect meaning without the leak, Rhythm Heaven games have sold like crazy, especially in Japan. The ONLY thing the leak has going for it past Wii Fit Trainer is "Mii Fighter," and he could've gotten that from somewhere else.

It doesn't matter about the Gematsu leak, though. The point is he doesn't have a perfect track record and he failed miserably when suggesting Shulk would be announced. The first leak? Confirmed. The second is dead, though, even if we do get Chorus Men (which is doubtful; a different Rhythm Heaven character is quite likely, Chorus Men not so much) we can't use the leak for speculation AT ALL. Which is naturally a good thing, leaks ruin the fun of speculation.

I think the Shulk ordeal proves this leaker doesn't have information anymore. Yes, he had it at one time, but not anymore, and he failed on Chrom already.
The Gematsu leak is the strangest leak I've ever seen. It's right on the most unlikely stuff yet wrong on the most likely. It got 8 characters right, the Mii fighter name right and two more characters that seem likely and yet it missed Rosalina, got dates wrong and now Chrom is deconfirmed. It's hard to come to a proper conclusion that it's making my head hurt.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's Heropon Sakurai
I am so happy
He whispers in my ear, "*laughs*"

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
It's Heropon Sakurai
I am so happy
He whispers in my ear, "*laughs*"
I can't tell if we've won the Internet or lost it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think the leaker must've had his info right on at least Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character. They probably stopped telling people things at a certain point though, and maybe he heard about an Awakening rep and thought it was Chrom, and then tried to play off that he knew more.

I'm still perplexed by Mii Fighter. Maybe he had E3 info, which explains all that. It's ALL SO WEIRD.

Whatever, Shulk's chances are high without it, and so far those of a RH character. It just means Ridley and others can breathe easier again.

I'm so tired of the word "Gematsu" now. Thank you based Robin.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm still gonna go with that he has outdated information, which is the reason why he knew about the Pokemon from x and y, wii fit trainer and Mii fighters.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually would not put it past Sakurai for a fakeout. Or that he asked them to retweet just because he knew where it would lead, just to throw us off.

If he knew (he clearly did) how many people over here wanted Chrom enough to tell them how much better Robin was in the trailer, I guarantee he knows (and Monolith likely knows) how many people want Shulk.

He likes the series, it's so far completely absent, Monolith is important to Nintendo (and it'd be kind of a slap in the face to ignore their character, who they obviously want in the game.) Shulk =/= Chrom, so yeah.

The planets are still aligning, I just hope it pans out!
I don't buy the notion that the trailer was switched. Captain Falcon in a Fire Emblem trailer? Why?

Well, for one, F-Zero X anniversary was on the same day. For two, the 15th and 16th are both Fire Emblem anniversaries, namely for the release of Monsho no Nazo on DS, Virtual Console release of Thracia 776, and the 16th is the anniversary of Blazing Sword's release in Europe (if you count the European release, at least the other two are Japanese).

So no, the stars align too much for it to be a mere coincidence. Now, it is possible Sakurai asked them to retweet it to make people believe it was Shulk, but there's no way the trailer being FE featuring Captain Falcon was simply switched in at the last second.

The Gematsu leak is the strangest leak I've ever seen. It's right on the most unlikely stuff yet wrong on the most likely. It got 8 characters right, the Mii fighter name right and two more characters that seem likely and yet it missed Rosalina, got dates wrong and now Chrom is deconfirmed. It's hard to come to a proper conclusion that it's making my head hurt.
It got SEVEN characters right, and most people expected Palutena anyway, especially after the original Palutena leak (later proven fake, but it really helped her support). I hate how people keep tacking on a point for "Pokemon from X/Y". Anyone could say Pokemon from X/Y, and many people were suggesting a Pokemon from X/Y could be in the game.

So no, I only count the first leak as being fully accurate. Now, he did get lucky on Rhythm Heaven, so its possible the second leak had some outdated info, but he could've just as easily made it up based on speculation and looking up sales numbers for new franchises. Based on the reveals, I highly doubt Chrom was ever planned to be playable after the roster was finalized, and the roster was finalized before development began. The only other possibility is the leaker heard "main character from Awakening" and assumed Chrom, but it makes things even worse, because it means it was second-hand information (although frankly, I think he'd have known the actual name, which just makes me believe the guy made up the second leak).

I think the leaker must've had his info right on at least Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven character. They probably stopped telling people things at a certain point though, and maybe he heard about an Awakening rep and thought it was Chrom, and then tried to play off that he knew more.

I'm still perplexed by Mii Fighter. Maybe he had E3 info, which explains all that. It's ALL SO WEIRD.

Whatever, Shulk's chances are high without it, and so far those of a RH character. It just means Ridley and others can breathe easier again.

I'm so tired of the word "Gematsu" now. Thank you based Robin.
I doubt it. I think he may have looked up the sales numbers and figured out that Rhythm Heaven was popular and could possibly be a new franchise rep, and he just picked the most obscure character on the list. I do believe the first leak was fake, but the second is extremely iffy.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Does the leak have credibility?

I don't care, nor did I ever care. Shulk never needed it and nobody else did either. The leak was nice for Shulk, but it automatically made people think we couldn't get more characters than that. I think we should all just do what we should have done in the first place.

Ignore it. Relying on leaks will either result in spoiled, not fun reveals, or tragic disappointment. The Coro thing next month might just do what it did for Brawl and reveal all the characters already announced so far, so I won't put any stock into it anyways. Way I see it, we don't need any leaks "to tip the scales."

lol Robin trailer reference

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Does the leak have credibility?

I don't care, nor did I ever care. Shulk never needed it and nobody else did either. The leak was nice for Shulk, but it automatically made people think we couldn't get more characters than that. I think we should all just do what we should have done in the first place.

Ignore it. Relying on leaks will either result in spoiled, not fun reveals, or tragic disappointment. The Coro thing next month might just do what it did for Brawl and reveal all the characters already announced so far, so I won't put any stock into it anyways. Way I see it, we don't need any leaks "to tip the scales."

lol Robin trailer reference
It said they're going to reveal the full character roster and stage list. So I don't know about that. We'll see though.

I would however say we're almost guaranteed to get a trailer around the same time next month.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
It said they're going to reveal the full character roster and stage list. So I don't know about that. We'll see though.

I would however say we're almost guaranteed to get a trailer around the same time next month.
The Coro thing is probably right...

I NEED MAH SHULK TRAILER SOOOON!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

They said the same thing for Brawl from what I heard, but they only talked about the already announced characters.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
They said the same thing for Brawl from what I heard, but they only talked about the already announced characters.
That's what I've been hearing. We'll probably get the starting roster. The best we can confirm is whether or not Sakurai has shown us any hidden characters (in the event someone was shown but isn't on the starting toster).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, we'll just have to see, that's probably what'll happen, but I'm gonna hope. I'm tired of all this stress.

That's what I've been hearing. We'll probably get the starting roster. The best we can confirm is whether or not Sakurai has shown us any hidden characters (in the event someone was shown but isn't on the starting toster).
Hmm...starting roster might be a good bet, if we still have one.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I have a love and hate relationship with you.
This is just one of the many reasons why I love this thread. RIVAL PHOTOSHOPPERS!

First one to put Reyn's head on Melia's body wins!

BEGIN!

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I love the Nopon. They would be my favourite "jrpg cute small intelligent race".

It helps that their home village is awesome and has a great music theme. Also I love the way they mangle the English language.

I hope they make some sort of cameo in Smash Bros.
Cameo? Why only a cameo?

The best choice for an Assist Trophy is none other than the LEGENDARY HEROPON RIKI!
And maybe also Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, or D!ckson.

----

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This is just one of the many reasons why I love this thread. RIVAL PHOTOSHOPPERS!

First one to put Reyn's head on Melia's body wins!

BEGIN!

"Didn't even break a sweat!"

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Cameo? Why only a cameo?

The best choice for an Assist Trophy is none other than the LEGENDARY HEROPON RIKI!
And maybe also Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, or D!ckson.

----
In fact, let's make them all characters!
Xenoblade Chronicles Arena
Riki seemingly turns evil and puts everyone in a tournament
"Leave it to Heropon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom