• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
(I apologize if this has been asked before.)

How would you guys feel about Shulk being the Dhalsim of SSB? He would be pretty much normal sized, but his range would be spectacular and would be his main gimmick.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
(I apologize if this has been asked before.)

How would you guys feel about Shulk being the Dhalsim of SSB? He would be pretty much normal sized, but his range would be spectacular and would be his main gimmick.
That works for me. The Monado having excellent reach sounds like a fitting idea.

I mean, it reached a pretty unreal size when he struck Metal Face with it on PI.

Stuff like Monado Purge should also have good range too. Shulk could easily be a good Sniper, so I think it's a pretty good role.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That works for me. The Monado having excellent reach sounds like a fitting idea.

I mean, it reached a pretty unreal size when he struck Metal Face with it on PI.

Stuff like Monado Purge should also have good range too. Shulk could easily be a good Sniper, so I think it's a pretty good role.
Sniper?

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
WIth his Monado Buster as a chargeable neutral B attack -The more you charge, the more longer the laser blade- would be awesome, but maybe kinda unfair for edgeguarding.

Alternatively, one of Shulk's taunts should involve Reyn coming out going "Now it's Reyn Time!"

Promptly to disappear to the place Ganondorf stashes his sword.
Now imagine taunt-cancelling that...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think I'd be happy with Reyn popping out to say "It's Reyn time" for Shulk's taunt.

It's supposed to be Shulk time!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Interesting, although I'm not sure what it means, really.

That's you searching the Smash site for "Shulk" as a result right? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I went to the Snake thread and apparently if you search up "site:smashbros.com konami," Pit's SSB4 page pops up as a search result.
So... I searched up "site:smashbros.com shulk" and I got this:

Don't believe me?
https://www.google.com/#q=site:smashbros.com shulk&safe=active
I won't take this as "Shulk is confirmed," but this was certainly... interesting.
That is pretty interesting...

Also, Mewtwo goes to Greninja and Dixie goes to Diddy.

D

Deleted member

Interesting, although I'm not sure what it means, really.

That's you searching the Smash site for "Shulk" as a result right? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I don't think that it means much or if it means anything, but it's certainly interesting.
I tried other characters like Chrom and I didn't get the site as a result. Some characters...
That is pretty interesting...

Also, Mewtwo goes to Greninja and Dixie goes to Diddy.
like Dixie Kong, I did get something. (I typed in as dixie_kong however and I got Donkey Kong's page)
I also got stuff for Palutena and Ridley. I suppose you can try veterans, but that would be a nightmare to scroll through. (I tried Wario and I got Brawl DOJO!! links)

The only thing I don't get is why Konami would link to Pit...
A mistake I suppose?
I tried Shigesato Itoi, the creator of EarthBound, and I got nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
like Dixie Kong, I did get something. (I typed in as dixie_kong however and I got Donkey Kong's page)
You don't even need to type Kong, you can just type Dixie and you'll get both Diddy and Donkey's pages.

I also got stuff for Palutena and Ridley.
Yeah, Palutena links to Pit, and Ridley links to the main page (and also Wii Fit Trainer for some reason).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Palutena links to Pit, and Ridley links to the main page (and also Wii Fit Trainer for some reason).
It's just interesting how these characters come up...
I'm not going to take these as confirmations of these characters, but it's interesting how they come up. Can you really search for nonexistent webpages?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I've just tried the format with "Pacman", "Tingle", "Ghirahim" and "King K. Rool" myself; Both Pacman and Ghirahim turned out to have no results, and I had gotten DOJO!! links for Tingle and King K. Rool. . .We can't say, but at the same time, I'm sure that we all can't shake the feeling that this could be something. It is interesting that some characters come up without any results at all, while others have a link to the SSB4 website page (with post-Brawl characters such as Shulk also not having anything to do with the DOJO!!). Now, I may be rash by the sudden temptation of this, but. . . Shulk confirmed.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
It's just interesting how these characters come up...
I'm not going to take these as confirmations of these characters, but it's interesting how they come up. Can you really search for nonexistent webpages?
Well, I wouldn't be so sure that it means anything. If you search Toad, you get Peach's page. These characters also link to the official site:

Ashley
Falco
Ganondorf
Isabelle
Lucas
Ness
Ray
Shadow
Snake
Tiki
Waluigi
Wolf

D

Deleted member

Well, I wouldn't be so sure that it means anything. If you search Toad, you get Peach's page. These characters also link to the official site:

Ashley
Falco
Ganondorf
Isabelle
Lucas
Ness
Ray
Shadow
Snake
Tiki
Waluigi
Wolf
That's interesting. Ashley, Waluigi, and Isabelle already in Smash as an AT and Tiki is a Trophy...
I'm a bit more curious now...

Did those other characters link you to the language page like Shulk did?

EDIT: I think someone should make a separate thread about this.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, for the most part. Tails and Protoman work, too.
That's... interesting.
Honestly... I think that the Google shenanigans might mean something. I am just a bit surprised that Shulk came up with a result to the website. I kinda think that this confirms that he is in the game in some form.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord

Ashley
Falco
Ganondorf
Isabelle
Lucas
Ness
Ray
Shadow
Snake
Tiki
Waluigi
Wolf
Also, Venusaur.

It's really interesting. Now, I'm really hyped for shulk!

Groose

Smash Champion
Guys, I saw an argument yesterday about Shulk. Some dude claimed that he was "too powerful" to be in Smash Bros. He said that it wouldn't make sense to see someone as powerful as Shulk fighting a boxer like Little Mac. Someone beat him down with Ganondorf, Pit, and Ness examples, so he changed his tune to "the Monado can't hurt people so he wouldn't be able to do any damage."

Shulk deconfirmed?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Guys, I saw an argument yesterday about Shulk. Some dude claimed that he was "too powerful" to be in Smash Bros. He said that it wouldn't make sense to see someone as powerful as Shulk fighting a boxer like Little Mac. Someone beat him down with Ganondorf, Pit, and Ness examples, so he changed his tune to "the Monado can't hurt people so he wouldn't be able to do any damage."

It would be pretty interesting if the Monado only damages enemies that weren't human; Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, etc.

I would main, day 1.

Groose

Smash Champion
It would be pretty interesting if the Monado only damages enemies that weren't human; Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, etc.

I would main, day 1.
Better yet: it would only hurt R.O.B. and Mega Man. You' be limited to like three attacks against other characters.

..until you find a way to break the shackles, of course.

D

Deleted member

That is just all sorts of wrong. That guy was just making all sorts of false arguments so that he could convince himself that Shulk wouldn't be playable.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Also, Venusaur.
I didn't even try Pokemon because I knew it would take forever, LOL.

EDIT1: New discoveries... Alfonso and Tetra, the latter of which links to Toon Link's page. These are the only Zelda characters that work besides the playable ones.

EDIT2: HAHAHA I **** you not, Bayonetta links to Zero Suit Samus.

EDIT3: Oh god no... Landmaster links to Fox... Also, "Giga" links to Bowser and "dragon" links to Yoshi.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Shulk deconfirmed?

They'll just make it Monado II if they really want to get that detailed with it. They won't though.

As a side note: If you can hurt Bunnits, you can also hurt Pikachu, Greninja if you can hurt Brogs, Lucario, Charizard if you can hurt Dragons, obviously MegaROB, whatever the hell GaW is made of...uh...Yoshi, Bowser, etc.

Palutena isn't technically "homs".

Wait a ****ing minute. The Monado can't hurt "People of Bionis" in its locked state. Uh....argument deconfirmed.

Except for Shulk dittos. Those'll be a snorefest.

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I didn't even try Pokemon because I knew it would take forever, LOL.

New discoveries... Alfonso and Tetra, the latter of which links to Toon Link's page. These are the only Zelda characters that work besides the playable ones.
I tried every single plausible pokémon (like Genesect, Sceptile, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Blastoise, Blaziken, etc..), and only, Venusaur (in Greninja's page), Jigglypuff (Sonic), Mewtwo (with two links, Lucario and Greninja) and Pichu (in Pikachu) worked.

But I think that someone could start a thread about this, because it's Shulks's thread.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I went to the Snake thread and apparently if you search up "site:smashbros.com konami," Pit's SSB4 page pops up as a search result.
So... I searched up "site:smashbros.com shulk" and I got this:

Don't believe me?
https://www.google.com/#q=site:smashbros.com shulk&safe=active
I won't take this as "Shulk is confirmed," but this was certainly... interesting.
Typing in "bayonetta" takes you to 4 different versions of the Zero Suit Samus page on the Smash 4 Dojo and nothing else.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Decided to give the major FE characters a try. The only hit I got for the current site is with Robin. For the spanish site. ???

D

Deleted member

OK, OK!
Enough with the Google stuff! Someone should make a separate thread for this topic so that this thread can stop derailing. I'm sorry that I even brought this up to begin with...
Let's get back to Shulk because that is who we are talking about.
What should his speed and weight be? I was thinking that he should be in the middle for both. He isn't slow in Xenoblade and the Monado doesn't really seem like it is a heavy weapon.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Shulk is the new Ridley.

Instead of too big....he is too strong.

The things that some people think.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

Shulk deconfirmed?
What a fool, did he even play the game? The Monado can't hurt sentient beings from Bionis, and that's it.. Even if it couldn't hurt sentient beings in general, though, if Shulk has enough willpower to negate the effects of the Apocrypha Generator, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem stabbing Pikachu.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
If Shulk gets in, that means we'd actually get to see him in good graficks.

Now I really need Shulk.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Shulk gets in, that means we'd actually get to see him in good graficks.

Now I really need Shulk.
I dunno why people didn't like Xenoblade's graphics. I thought they were awesome, especially for the scale, and being on the Wii.

Though I am excited to see Shulk in HD if he's in, so I do get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom