• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Those were dark times...
Dark times indeed.
(Also, welcome to smashboards where we argue over Dark Pit and Gematsu used to be God)
Gemetsu was a good friend until Sakurai killed him

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
CHUGGA'S BACK GO GO GO GO GO

Edit: ...Wrong video. Give me a sec.
Edit 2: That was Youtube's fault, not mine.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
One hour of gameplay with Xenoblade Chronicles -> Music stuck in my head for the rest of the day -> I just want to get back home to play it again

What the ****.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
One hour of gameplay with Xenoblade Chronicles -> Music stuck in my head for the rest of the day -> I just want to get back home to play it again

What the ****.
It's a wonderfully endless cycle, I know.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965

What the ****.
When you get to guar plains that's when the music gets good

Hong

The Strongest
I must say, the combat system and the voice acting is what caught me the most off-guard.

I take it the latter is a common thing for people to comment on. I like it. It's unusual for a game with anime-style characters, though so far seems good enough that it only serves to be refreshing.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I must say, the combat system and the voice acting is what caught me the most off-guard.

I take it the latter is a common thing. I like it. It's unusual for a game with anime-style characters, though so far seems good enough that it only serves to be refreshing.
That's why Shulk should be in smash..it's Reyn Time!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

What the ****.
Welcome to the club dear Hong. Now you finally understand our dilemma.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I see Animal Crossing on yours. Unless something's gone wrong with my thing... Which is very likely considering how ****ty my thing is
I see Xenoblade, so it's most likely your thingy-majigg.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
This is quite random but do you guys think Shulk will be revealed In Smash,it has to be before September 13th..

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

wat
We're using the same video url but I'm seeing the next video Chugga's uploaded...
Guess I've got Youtube problems

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
This is quite random but do you guys think Shulk will be revealed In Smash,it has to be before September 13th..
If Sakurai has any kind of brain, then yes.

Seriously, if Shulk isn't playable, then I'm done with Nintendo; I'll only strictly buy software from Monolith Soft.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That depends on if Sakurai will keep doing updates after the Japanese 3DS release or not (he most probably will). Shulk might get revelead just in time for the release to hype up the Japanese fan-base, since he is a fan favorite.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
IMG_20140624_224452.jpg
That depends on if Sakurai will keep doing updates after the Japanese 3DS release or not (he most probably will). Shulk might get revelead just in time for the release to hype up the Japanese fan-base, since he is a fan favorite.
Well the anticipation is killing me and time for him is running out..

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Due to the Shulk conversation group and other random Smash threads, I don't think I've been by in days. Anything new or interesting being discussed?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Due to the Shulk conversation group and other random Smash threads, I don't think I've been by in days. Anything new or interesting being discussed?
Nothing that us "veterans" haven't discussed already. @ Hong Hong has finally gotten his Xenoblade copy.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Well people think because monolith wasn't listed on the Japanese box art of smash,Shulk is not in

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nothing that us "veterans" haven't discussed already. @ Hong Hong has finally gotten his Xenoblade copy.
Just in time for the HD remaster to be announced on Thursday's Nintendo Direct (and no, the direct hasn't been announced yet.... call it "an unlikely prediction.")

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One thing I find kinda disheartening in the Rate Their Chances thread is that Shulk as an AT is one of the top nominations. :c For me it's either that he's playable or nothing. REALLY hoping on the former.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
One thing I find kinda disheartening in the Rate Their Chances thread is that Shulk as an AT is one of the top nominations. :c For me it's either that he's playable or nothing. REALLY hoping on the former.
Shulk won't be an AT. Like I said a couple of hundred pages ago (not even kidding), Sakurai is seemingly going a different route with the AT's this time around. It's not like in Brawl, where he added characters from new franchises that could easily be playable, but decided to make them AT's. This time, it's mostly retros, minor villains or secondary characters.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
So?
It's simply a nomination. It could get absolutely crushed when it comes to voting. What's more important is that Shulk is #1 for chances and #2 sandwiched between K Rool and Ridley for want.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Hm, it seems AT's suit characters who aren't as relevant and/ or popular, or are more obscure (within their franchise) and retro. It's the best way to represent Nintendo's history, imo. It looks like that's the way Sakurai is approaching it, to me.

But what do I know.

EDIT: Solfiner explains it better in the post above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom