• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
First of all I apologise for bringing it up, but I just wanted to warn some of you due Anti-Shulk will surely use this as an argument & its best to avoid those people due " the future belongs to us & not them" :)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
First of all I apologise for bringing it up, but I just wanted to warn some of you due Anti-Shulk will surely use this as an argument & its best to avoid those people due " the future belongs to us & not them" :)
At the moment, we don't really know who the future belongs to.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
If they do, then just explain that Monolith Soft isn't credited on the promotional material because there's no Monolith Soft character on the promotional material. And explain that that's how copyright works.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
If they do, then just explain that Monolith Soft isn't credited on the promotional material because there's no Monolith Soft character on the promotional material. And explain that that's how copyright works.
Also aren't you detchibe on Gamefaqs due your post seem extremly similair. If so you know how Anti-Shulk/Xenoblade the majority is there

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Also aren't you detchibe on Gamefaqs due your post seem extremly similair. If so you know how Anti-Shulk/Xenoblade the majority is there
Yeah, that's me. Don't worry, the anti-Shulk folk are a minority, trust me. Either way, Smashfaqs is always a complete warzone.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Monolith Soft isn't credited on the promotional material because there's no Monolith Soft character on the promotional material, that's all. That's how copyright works. Now, can we seriously drop the discussion about it?
As much as I want to drop the discussion and start talking about other things since it's currently True Monado Tuesday in Japan, are you sure you're right about that? My understanding is that the copyrights are to do with the characters that can be found in the product. After examining my Brawl case, there's nothing to do with the Mother series and yet Creatures, APE, and Shigesato Itoi are listed in character copyrights.

Yes, the companies that own characters are added to the copyright list when their characters are revealed to the game, but this alleged leak (which very well may be fake) is supposed to be something that would come with the final product of the game.

I still hold my stance that Monolith wouldn't need to be cited in the copyrights if Shulk were in, regardless of whether the leak is legitimate or not.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Xenoblade was one of the best games I've ever played and was the best $65 I ever spent. After playing it for almost 100 hours, I NEED Shulk to be in Smash. I support this unbelievably and hope that everyone can know about Xenoblade through Shulk in Smash. Then they should know why they have to play one of the best games ever.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Xenoblade was one of the best games I've ever played and was the best $65 I ever spent. After playing it for almost 100 hours, I NEED Shulk to be in Smash. I support this unbelievably and hope that everyone can know about Xenoblade through Shulk in Smash. Then they should know why they have to play one of the best games ever.
@BluePikmin11 you know the drill.

derrickd95

Smash Rookie
I'm worried for tomorrow's pic of the day. We all know Sakurai is a troll, and since we don't have any direct/trailer announcement, he could troll us with Shulk tomorrow.

What I'm worried about is that he could unveil Shulk as an AT and not explain what he does, but the pic is tinted like one of Shulk's visions. He could also say something about the pic being ready early or something. Then later on, Sakurai would post a trailer where Shulk changed the future and made himself playable. Isn't there some Xenoblade anniversary in early September? That would be a good time for it if it exists.

Last edited:

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
'Sup fellow Bronados.

I've been lurking on this thread for a very long time but have only made an account recently due to laziness. Yes I was there for the Gematsu drama and #MondadoMonday.

Anyway after completing Xenoblade Chronocles last year it became one of my favourite JRPGs of all time. At first I thought having Shulk in the next Smash would be cool and all but I didn't really consider his chances to be that high and only joined the Shulk support Facebook page for fun.

But now I see Shulk has a real shot at being a playable character and I hope it happens soon.

I'm going to be a lot more active in this thread now and it would be an honour to be added to the Shulk supporter list.:awesome:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
if shulk is nto revealed he will be hidden I do truely believe that

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
if shulk is nto revealed he will be hidden I do truely believe that
It's possible, but apparently Sakurai said he wants to give each newcomer an intro video. So either he's planning to show some after the release (which would deflate the hype faster than an arrow-laced balloon since we'd already know the roster), or we'll have all the newcomers prerelease. Besides, I can't imagine Lucina and Robin are starters.

TBuster222

Smash Rookie
It's possible, but apparently Sakurai said he wants to give each newcomer an intro video. So either he's planning to show some after the release (which would deflate the hype faster than an arrow-laced balloon since we'd already know the roster), or we'll have all the newcomers prerelease. Besides, I can't imagine Lucina and Robin are starters.
Lucina can be a starter seeing how she's a novice Marth.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Lucina can be a starter seeing how she's a novice Marth.
I dunno, maybe. But the idea of all FE reps being starters is a bit odd to me (honestly, same goes for Mario, though at least Luigi is hidden, but I expect Rosalina too). I mean, we'll have to wait and see *shrugs*

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I'm worried for tomorrow's pic of the day. We all know Sakurai is a troll, and since we don't have any direct/trailer announcement, he could troll us with Shulk tomorrow.

What I'm worried about is that he could unveil Shulk as an AT and not explain what he does, but the pic is tinted like one of Shulk's visions. He could also say something about the pic being ready early or something. Then later on, Sakurai would post a trailer where Shulk changed the future and made himself playable. Isn't there some Xenoblade anniversary in early September? That would be a good time for it if it exists.
That might be what ends up happening anyways, he hopes we would be in too much shock to notice the tint.

And then in the trailer, Reyn stops that future from happening. Reyn Time, baby.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Oh, by the way, I shared the Week in Review stuff on Shulk on Tumblr. I only have 50 followers, but I put it in the Shulk tag. It's good stuff, so I figured I should signal boost it. Props to @BigAxle and @Venus of the Desert Bloom for the time and info, and for avoiding untagged spoilers, so that those who're unfamiliar with the game can learn about Shulk without blowing spoilers.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
As much as I want to drop the discussion and start talking about other things since it's currently True Monado Tuesday in Japan, are you sure you're right about that? My understanding is that the copyrights are to do with the characters that can be found in the product. After examining my Brawl case, there's nothing to do with the Mother series and yet Creatures, APE, and Shigesato Itoi are listed in character copyrights.

Yes, the companies that own characters are added to the copyright list when their characters are revealed to the game, but this alleged leak (which very well may be fake) is supposed to be something that would come with the final product of the game.

I still hold my stance that Monolith wouldn't need to be cited in the copyrights if Shulk were in, regardless of whether the leak is legitimate or not.
Yes, I'm entirely sure. Promotional material is completely separate to the actual video game itself.

Tailsluigi

Smash Rookie

Question that bothers my mind, Is Shulk going to be confirmed on EUR version of Xenoblade Chronicles anniversary or wait for Sakurai to surprised us with a troll again?

Playable Character or assist trophy, That's the question that troubles me.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

Question that bothers my mind, Is Shulk going to be confirmed on EUR version of Xenoblade Chronicles anniversary or wait for Sakurai to surprised us with a troll again?

Playable Character or assist trophy, That's the question that troubles me.
all the newcomers so far to my knowledge has not been on dates of their release

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
It feels very unsakurai to use an anniversary in Europe to show off Shulk. Maybe that's all the more reason to believe it.

I was hoping there would be a Nintendo direct announced, they show off XCX and then "oh speaking of Xenoblade BAM Shulk in smash"

Whit

Smash Journeyman
It feels very unsakurai to use an anniversary in Europe to show off Shulk. Maybe that's all the more reason to believe it.

I was hoping there would be a Nintendo direct announced, they show off XCX and then "oh speaking of Xenoblade BAM Shulk in smash"
At this point, I would be surprised if we got a smash direct before September. I feel like if they were going to do one they would have at least announced it by now. However I DO think we are in for at least one surprise newcomer trailer.

#TrueMonadoTuesday

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
all the newcomers so far to my knowledge has not been on dates of their release
Robin and Lucina, iirc. None of the others though, except for a couple of vets (including Captain Falcon).

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
What if #TrueMonadoTuesday is our first taste of Xenoblade content? Maybe we'll another trophy collage, and there just so haaappens to be a Xenoblade character or item tucked away in the corner? Or maybe even a Shulk-esque figure or Kirby Hat? The way Sakurai teased Meta Knight last week gives me the impression that the home stretch of this pre-release era will be laden with hype-inducing tidbits.

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
All I hope is that Shulk, my favorite video game protagonist, gets revealed soon, or Monolith Soft gets some form of representation from Smash Bros.
I mean seriously, Xenoblade has gotten A LOT OF ATTENTION in and outside of Japan, with Japanese fans raving about the game, and Western Gamers petitioning Nintendo to get them in on the action. Also, with Xenoblade Chronicles X getting a lot of attention in the Nintendo Directs, I think Sakurai (no offense Based God) would be crazy to not put a trace of Monolith Soft in there, that is unless Monolith Soft denied him permission which is also crazy.
If the Fire Emblem Smash Bros treatment worked well with the Western Audience, why can't Monolith Soft seek the same treatment?

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
By the way, don't worry about the copyright. It's simply copying the copyright based on the characters we have now.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I believe in Shulk like how he believes in the Monado, I totes support the guy and his series being represented in Smash Bros. I'm in the process of playing Xenoblade right now and I'm loving every minute of it so far.

Without a doubt, I'd go spaztastic if Shulk is to be confirmed a playable character~

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I believe in Shulk like how he believes in the Monado, I totes support the guy and his series being represented in Smash Bros. I'm in the process of playing Xenoblade right now and I'm loving every minute of it so far. Without a doubt, I'd go spaztastic if Shulk is to be confirmed a playable character~
Obligatory @BluePikmin11 tag.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
We've already discussed this, actually. No, Monolith isn't on the list, but since Nintendo owns the rights to Xenoblade and Shulk, it isn't a requirement to credit them.
Ok good even though monolith is not on there

Its still technically owned by nintendo so glad about that i want shulk playable.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I love how the entire previous page is everyone just repeating what BluePikmin11 said about boxart.

I paid $100 - on release. And yes - within a week I knew it was the best $100 I'd ever spent.
'Sup fellow Bronados.

I've been lurking on this thread for a very long time but have only made an account recently due to laziness. Yes I was there for the Gematsu drama and #MondadoMonday.

Anyway after completing Xenoblade Chronocles last year it became one of my favourite JRPGs of all time. At first I thought having Shulk in the next Smash would be cool and all but I didn't really consider his chances to be that high and only joined the Shulk support Facebook page for fun.

But now I see Shulk has a real shot at being a playable character and I hope it happens soon.

I'm going to be a lot more active in this thread now and it would be an honour to be added to the Shulk supporter list.:awesome:
I'm much the same. I'm the Shulk page admin and someone (I think @ erico9001 erico9001 ) linked me to the thread during Monado Monday. Got in on Smashboards after that, and entirely for this thread. These people are great most of the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom