• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Welp, so far i'm watching Chugga's Lets play of Xenoblade Chronicles, and i can honestly say that i am a firm supporter of Shulk in Smash 4 now. Even if i haven't seen the ending to the game yet.

SO, call me a noob or whatever, but why exactly is today #TrueMonadoTuesday in Japan? Is it Xenoblade's anniversary or something?

MeekMeek93

Smash Cadet
Pic of the Day is focused on ZS Samus's alternate costumes based on the Metroid Zero Mission Ending! No word on Xenoblade which could mean good news that they might be saving Xenoblade for later.

Welp, so far i'm watching Chugga's Lets play of Xenoblade Chronicles, and i can honestly say that i am a firm supporter of Shulk in Smash 4 now. Even if i haven't seen the ending to the game yet.

SO, call me a noob or whatever, but why exactly is today #TrueMonadoTuesday in Japan? Is it Xenoblade's anniversary or something?
Today is the day Xenoblade was released in Europe. People were wondering if there was any confirmation about Shulk's appearance in the game, and other characters or mechanics based on other Nintendo series were revealed on release dates of certain games.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Pic of the Day is focused on ZS Samus's alternate costumes based on the Metroid Zero Mission Ending! No word on Xenoblade which could mean good news that they might be saving Xenoblade for later.
Swimsuit Shulk confirmed :troll:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

It's #TrueMonadoTuesday because people hype themselves up for silly things because they like being disappointed I guess?
Swimsuit Shulk confirmed :troll:
You beat me to it I was just about to say that!

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh, ok then, thanks. And oh well, Sakurai the troll strikes again, we got Sexy Samus instead of Shulk. XD

Smash Bros

Rated E10+

Yep. Well to be fair, it isn't that much but it's definitely something

Ooooh. Boy. Tumblr's gonna explode.

On topic on Xenoblade: $100 Xenoblade >>>> $100 PS4. Just gonna leave that here. Edit: PS4's a great CONSOLE but it lacks games so as of now, I stand by this equation

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Actually now that I think about it, what Alt costumes could there be for Shulk? Personally I want this one:

The Monkey King

Smash Rookie
Am I the only that's saddened by the fact that even if Shulk is playable the fact that there is no SSE in this game means we won't be able to see Shulk interact with other Nintendo characters.

The only hope is his trailer, which should have something epic like Shulk doing Monado Enchant for all the Nintendo all-stars (Mario, Link, Samus etc) as they do battle with Metal Face.

Pls Samurai.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
So here's a thing that was brought to my attention.
This is from the closing scene of Xenoblade.

Alvis: This world is boundless. It is home not only to you, but many forms of life. I can see it. In this world, all life will walk towards the future hand in hand.
Shulk: One day I hope I can meet them all. The people of this endless world.
Fiora: Me too. We will. I know it.
Shulk: We'll meet them. And whatever happens, we'll face our future together.

The new universe is actually the Smash Bros. universe, SHULK AND FIORA CONFIRMED!!!1!
Legit/10 reasoning. I think the validity of that is on-par with this that I posted the other week.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
So here's a thing that was brought to my attention.
This is from the closing scene of Xenoblade.

Alvis: This world is boundless. It is home not only to you, but many forms of life. I can see it. In this world, all life will walk towards the future hand in hand.
Shulk: One day I hope I can meet them all. The people of this endless world.
Fiora: Me too. We will. I know it.
Shulk: We'll meet them. And whatever happens, we'll face our future together.

The new universe is actually the Smash Bros. universe, SHULK AND FIORA CONFIRMED!!!1!
Legit/10 reasoning. I think the validity of that is on-par with this that I posted the other week.
I think that may be more of a theory on how XCX relates to XC

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Well obviously, but what I was saying is that is a good argument to the two's connection
(My mistake, tone doesn't translate well via text.)

So we didn't get a character reveal today, when do you all think the next reveal will be, then? Surely it has to be soon... are there any other significant anniversaries coming up?

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion

So we didn't get a character reveal today, when do you all think the next reveal will be, then? Surely it has to be soon... are there any other significant anniversaries coming up?
well, tomorrow is the anniversary of the first time "ridley was teased". There are apparently a few leaks saying that there will be an announcement of a direct later today. september 1st was the date Xenoblade was released in Australia. thats all I can think of

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
well, tomorrow is the anniversary of the first time "ridley was teased". There are apparently a few leaks saying that there will be an announcement of a direct later today. september 1st was the date Xenoblade was released in Australia. thats all I can think of
I'd heard something about Ridley for tomorrow, but never got why - thanks.
As much as I'd love Shulk to be revealed on an Aus release date, I doubt it'll happen... with so little time left, I think Sakurai will just pick a date without any kind of anniversary. At this point I'm still certain there will be a newcomer before Sept. 13th (wow, it feels weird having a release date in the near future.)

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I'd heard something about Ridley for tomorrow, but never got why - thanks.
As much as I'd love Shulk to be revealed on an Aus release date, I doubt it'll happen... with so little time left, I think Sakurai will just pick a date without any kind of anniversary. At this point I'm still certain there will be a newcomer before Sept. 13th (wow, it feels weird having a release date in the near future.)
It should be noted also that the first of september is a monday, and there has been a pattern of assist trophies on monday recently. Although, Monday was also the day of the Robin reveal. It should be remembered that the reason fir this was that some fire emblem game, and F-zero game was released on that day.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

well the mother and the metroid anniversary is this month, I think that Shulk will be shown somewhere in august 20-28 so Shulk will be shown with a mother rep.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

Well, there's always hoping that come friday Sakurai will announce another Monday reveal. I'm thinking maybe he's holding off the reveals though to show off a bunch of things come the direct pre-japan release though.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, who thinks if Shulk is unlockable his way to unlock is to play 80 hours of Smash, almost like Mewtwo, as a reference to how long Xenoblade is?

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
So, who thinks if Shulk is unlockable his way to unlock is to play 80 hours of Smash, almost like Mewtwo, as a reference to how long Xenoblade is?
pfft xD

I don't think playing a certain number of hours to unlock won't be an option this time around. Like someone said earlier it was just tedious rather than actual challenge. (I didn't think they used it in brawl but I looked and Sonic can be unlocked after 10 hours of vs matches.) I would think they'll keep the Play X amount of vs matches, some random thing involving the modes under certain conditions, and then maaaaaybe using coins to unlock them similar to trophies but they're hidden until bought.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965

todays box art of Smash bros 3ds was translated,but monolith is not listed with the other companies.....guys i think the Shulk hype train has crashed..

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
todays box art of Smash bros 3ds was translated,but monolith is not listed with the other companies.....guys i think the Shulk hype train has crashed..
Monolith Soft is still first party Nintendo so it doesn't need to be put there and still the argument that Itoi for Earth Bound isn't there. (Creatures Inc is for Pokemon)

And Monolith Soft helped work on Brawl yet they're not mentioned on the box anywhere (unless I missed it)

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Monolith is part of Nintendo ect. The copyrights were only for the characters on the box ect. ect. Nothing came out of the boxart other than it looking pretty cool.(and filesize)

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Monolith is part of Nintendo ect. The copyrights were only for the characters on the box ect. ect. Nothing came out of the boxart other than it looking pretty cool.(and filesize)
ok i was worried there

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Unless all Mother/Earthbound content has been removed from Smash Bros., it doesn't seem likely that the copyright information is final.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Unless all Mother/Earthbound content has been removed from Smash Bros., it doesn't seem likely that the copyright information is final.
im sure ness is in the game,but he`s a secret

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
That copyright info is most definitely not final, or if it is it only refers to characters on the box art. There is absolutely no reason to worry about Monolith not being listed on the box.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Ness is no secret. He was in the original Smash Bros., he's not getting removed. That copyright thing got debunked like five minutes after we found it, why are we still talking about it? :b

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
That copyright info is most definitely not final, or if it is it only refers to characters on the box art. There is absolutely no reason to worry about Monolith not being listed on the box.
Sakurai is annoying the **** out of me waiting last minute to reveal shulk,he better reveal him before september 13th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom