• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of curious how your brother knew that.
Oh, he looked up a video of the ending of Xenoblade, I think because he was sick of me dying over and over again while trying to get past the final boss and he just wanted to know what came next. By the way, you end a spoiler with the tag [/spoiler], not just the first spoiler tag again.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it very possible though that Mr.Sakurai may decide against showing Shulk before game's release?

Keeping him as a surprise? have we had Secret Newcomers before?
Except Shulk would be a great advertising in Smash Bros, especially in Japan and Sakurai knows the Wii U needs the sales.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Except Shulk would be a great advertising in Smash Bros, especially in Japan and Sakurai knows the Wii U needs the sales.
Thing is, very few people know Shulk in the wider gaming community. People who are following Smash Bros. along with Nintendo games will be familiar with him (or at least know he exists), but Smash goes wider than that. Gamers on other consoles and even non-gamers will play Smash.

So, not to say I don't want a trailer because I 100% do, I personally don't think Shulk would be the best for advertising the game. Leave that stuff to Mario, Link and probably Pit.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Which would definitely be great for Xenoblade X as well. If it happens to sell well because of Shulk, then the Xenoblade series can continue on. I'm personally hoping that would be the case so it doesn't end up being unprioritized due to low sales like F-Zero. D:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Which would definitely be great for Xenoblade X as well. If it happens to sell well because of Shulk, then the Xenoblade series can continue on. I'm personally hoping that would be the case so it doesn't end up being unprioritized due to low sales like F-Zero. D:
Agreed. Though I will say, even though Nintendo acknowledges people love the Xenoblade Chornicles series and the games that Monolith Soft makes under their wing, they are an entertainment company first and foremost whose goal is to acquire $$$.

Without a sufficient number of $$$ to cover the costs that it takes to development a game that Nintendo does not recuperate the money they put into the project, then Nintendo might put the game in their back burner of tasks to accomplish.

Mainly, one of the biggest reasons to put Shulk in Super Smash Brothers is for marketing purposes. Nintendo knows that Shulk is the most popular character and that he is the embodiment of the Xenoblade Chronicles series as a whole.

If Shulk gets in for any reason, it will be because of the potential $$$ that can be had.

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, very few people know Shulk in the wider gaming community. People who are following Smash Bros. along with Nintendo games will be familiar with him (or at least know he exists), but Smash goes wider than that. Gamers on other consoles and even non-gamers will play Smash.

So, not to say I don't want a trailer because I 100% do, I personally don't think Shulk would be the best for advertising the game. Leave that stuff to Mario, Link and probably Pit.
and then there's Robin which even some people who played Awakening didn't know. Although FEA did sell really well.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
and then there's Robin which even some people who played Awakening didn't know. Although FEA did sell really well.
How did people who played Awakening not know Robin? I mean they might not know the name but they definitely knew the character...

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you mean people played Awakening and didn't realise who Robin was? :joyful:Wow.
I know, you'd think the robe at least would give it away but alas.

I feel like with the monado people would at least somewhat recognize that shulk is from Xenoblade though

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
F-Zero GX didn't sell well cause of the lack of advertisement, Xenoblade sold well because it was advertised by the fans through a campaign, so if anything gets in "un-prioritized" its Nintendo's fault, and by the looks of it they're gonna advertise the crap out of Xenoblade X.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
F-Zero GX didn't sell well cause of the lack of advertisement, Xenoblade sold well because it was advertised by the fans through a campaign, so if anything gets in "un-prioritized" its Nintendo's fault, and by the looks of it they're gonna advertise the crap out of Xenoblade X.
Nintendo will not miss this opportunity to make huge $$$. Shulk is their one way ticket to swimming in riches.

Last edited:
If Dark Pit gets revealed first to Shulk... I kidna posted my thoughts on this
berserker01 said:
The more I think about Dark Pit, the more I cringe intensely and I won't give a crap this time if Sakurai proves that even Dark Pit could be unique or at least semi clone material. If he's at least playable in the game, I'm gonna buy Smash 4, take the manual, cut out every picture of Dark pit in the manual, learn how to hack the game, remove Dark Pit from the game completely, and when his character boards come, I gonna troll the **** out of everyone until I get infracted.

And if Shulk's not included while Sakurai's at it, I'm buying 2 copies of Smash 4. One that I will keep and play. The other, I'll put it in a microwave
>_________>

Seriously though, Shulk 4 Smash And Melia
Apparently it brings us to 400.
Oh, I'm supporting Shulk also. 401 now.

I forgot about this thread. Lol.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Wait, you mean people played Awakening and didn't realise who Robin was? :joyful:Wow.
Yeah, they never actually made it past the title screen. They didn't realize they could press buttons to continue, I'm assuming. The "played" part was in air quotes.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
So what if they made Shulk buff like Ike?

Perhaps they justify it by claiming, 'Shulk has come prepared by having several Muscle Up gems equipped. What a result!'

So what if they made Shulk buff like Ike?

Perhaps they justify it by claiming, 'Shulk has come prepared by having several Muscle Up gems equipped. What a result!'
As long as you have something to fight for, you'll be buff as hell

Like fighting for your friends

Or fighting for a better future

Or fighting for.... I'll never get the logic behind Knuckles but I'm probably one of the few who are fine with it

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
If Dark Pit gets revealed first to Shulk... I kidna posted my thoughts on this

>_________>

Seriously though, Shulk 4 Smash And Melia

Oh, I'm supporting Shulk also. 401 now.

I forgot about this thread. Lol.
don't you think that a bit extreme, they are just characters and not real I want Shulk in smash but not as much to destroy a perfectly good game if he don't get in.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I was just kidding

Not really
Well this isn't the Dark Pit thread, to say something. I'd like to not infract you.

Leave it to Shulk and Xenoblade discussion, please, as that's what this thread is about.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
So I got an idea for a topic of discussion...

If Shulk's Final Smash were to be a Chain Attack, which move(s) would each party member use to represent themselves?

I think the obvious choices would be Monado Buster for Shulk, Sharla using her heal to regenerate % on Shulk, and Riki using Bitey Bitey to inflict damage over time on enemies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

If Shulk's Final Smash were to be a Chain Attack, which move(s) would each party member use to represent themselves?

I think the obvious choices would be Monado Buster for Shulk, Sharla using her heal to regenerate % on Shulk, and Riki using Bitey Bitey to inflict damage over time on enemies.
Sword drive for Reyn, Blossom dance for Dunban.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

I can see a Chain Attack FS actually being something like break-topple-daze. Would add a bit more flavor than just a high damaging move.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well this isn't the Dark Pit thread, to say something. I'd like to not infract you.

Leave it to Shulk and Xenoblade discussion, please, as that's what this thread is about.
Emphasis on the Xenoblade discussion lately :p

I'm not sure a chain attack Final Smash would work myself (since you'd want at least one AT for Xenoblade I'm sure). However, I don't have exact attack names, but it'd be cool if the party worked the system of Topple/Daze/Break/etc; into the Final Smash. Inflicting the statuses to inflict more damage, while leaving the enemy vulnerable at the end.

Basically what ZX just said :p

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Never played Xenoblade, but I'm a supporter because the game looks incredible and its fans deserve some love.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Oh look, I got Anon hate on Tumblr for supporting Shulk *deletes* *laughing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom