• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
honestly the Gemastu leak is dead to me. The only thing that could restore my faith in it would be the chorus men revealed.
I've always believed that Chrom was replaced late in development because he looked too similar to Marth/more female characters, so that's my counter-argument for Gematsu non-believers. When you consider what it's predicted already, I can't help but notice how pinpoint it's been. (except for "pokemon from x/y", that was a little too vague)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't even know what to say against that.

But anyway, I just read that the Gematsu leaker sent some messages to the website who relayed his leaks prior to and after #MonadoMonday, insisting that he believed Shulk was going to be revealed then. When Robin and Lucina were announced, his response was "I don't know when they'll be showing him, all I know is that they will show him."
I know, the insult was just THAT good. :troll:

Yeah, the leaker has always seemed extremely sure of Shulk. And like we have said on some previous pages, Shulk and Chrom weren't in the same boat at all. A character that will represent a whole new franchise has much more priority than a third blue haired swordsman from Fire emblem.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Peeps, you better not forget that Dunban is objectively the best character.
But...Alvis is not objectively the best character. And he's just as sexyfine as Dunban. :troll:
Aside from a Chain Attack FS, Xenoblade gets only 1 rep - could be another playable character, could be an assist trophy.

Choose your character and why!
Juju's buggy. Riki or Seven are the most obvious choices. They have the most potential for a moveset, and are both really iconic in their own ways when it comes to Xenoblade.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
But...Alvis is not objectively the best character. And he's just as sexyfine as Dunban. :troll:

Juju's buggy. Riki or Seven are the most obvious choices. They have the most potential for a moveset, and are both really iconic in their own ways when it comes to Xenoblade.
I wouldn't go gay for Alvis tho

REYN TIME OR BUST regarding second rep.

But I agree with what you said about moveset potential.

Reyn would still be amazing though.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I've always believed that Chrom was replaced late in development because he looked too similar to Marth/more female characters, so that's my counter-argument for Gematsu non-believers. When you consider what it's predicted already, I can't help but notice how pinpoint it's been. (except for "pokemon from x/y", that was a little too vague)
My guess is the first half of the leak, the guy new what he was talking about, because he got those all right. I think the other half was a different guy leeching off the accuracy of the leak to make his appear more believable.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

REYN TIME OR BUST regarding second rep.

But I agree with what you said about moveset potential.

Reyn would still be amazing though.
Alvis isn't objectively the best character. He is just the best character in general. :roypm:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but I would stop being gay for Alvis. And Dunban too, I guess. But writing my last post, I found out that sexyfine is actually a word, and that was all because of Alvis. So Alvis wins.
Alvis isn't objectively the best character. He is just the best character in general. :roypm:
You and me, we're on the same level. I like you. When the world is mine, your death will be quick and painless.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I want Shulk in Smash Bros
Regarding the Shulk entry discussion a little while back, I think he should just walk in with the Monado floating on his back like in the game, and then grab it and activate it. Simple, I know, but it involves weapons magically attaching to his back, so I like it.
I do too. Alvis would make a nice Assist Trophy tho. :cool:
MEYNETH YES THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Regarding the Shulk entry discussion a little while back, I think he should just walk in with the Monado floating on his back like in the game, and then grab it and activate it. Simple, I know, but it involves weapons magically attaching to his back, so I like it.
I didn't have an input on the entry. I did on his trailer though. Unless that is what you are referring to.

MEYNETH YES THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.
Hey. Alvis is easily my 2nd favorite from that game. No lies. I would lose my damn mind seeing him AND Shulk.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Anyone else think Alvis would be a decent alt costume?
His chain attack could even be altered to use the other two disciples

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Eh.... Not really. He can have a palette swap that alludes to Alvis, but they're too different for it to really work.

Also Alvis is definitely the second best character behind Melia. I'd go gay for him.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I think it would make a nice alt color, but I doubt they would do it as a costume.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dunban used the Monado to fight, and he actually controlled it. NO other hom could do that except for Shulk. Dunban master race. @Dunban, @Nonstop Hype Train, I know both of you agree.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Hey. Alvis is easily my 2nd favorite from that game. No lies. I would lose my damn mind seeing him AND Shulk.
Alvis has been my favorite ever since he first appeared after the Ether Mines and was like "Good girl, telethia. Have a treat".
Eh, as much as I love Alvis, he wouldn't make a good alt costume. However, like other people have said, that would be a cool palette swap for him.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Alvis is great. Through the story, Alvis is so cryptic he makes the Cheshire Cat look relatively straightforward.

I agree with a colour swap reference. I don't think an entirely new model is justified.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Shulk seems even better for smash....right after the endgame got spoiled for me by a "friend" .-. but still Shulk 4 smash!

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
So...

Here' the games he's worked on:
Dragon Age Origins (2009), Lost Horizon (2010), Fable 3 (2010), Dragon Age 2 (2011), Star Wars The Old Republic (2011), Xenoblade Chronicles (2011), The Adventures of TinTin (2011), Dragon Age Inquisition (2014)

So yeah, eight games. Not a lot, at all. And like what someone else said, they wouldn't have done VA work on X just yet since English dubs are don pretty late in development. He mentioned a exciting game he's in but can't say what because he would get his Nopons cut off, and we know it's not Inquisition since he's already confirmed to be in it. So what other high profile game is coming out this year that has that strict of a NDA? Guys it's Shulk...
Party time? :D!

Hnnnnnggg

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
@BluePikmin11, I'm not sure if someone has informed you already, but we seem to have 2 new supporters!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Shulk seems even better for smash....right after the endgame got spoiled for me by a "friend" .-. but still Shulk 4 smash!
I feel your pain so hard, you don't even understand. I get to the final boss, I start having troubles with it, and my little **** of a nine year old (at the time) brother decided to pop in and tell me "Hey, so and so was really this race once", without seeing any problems with it. It sounded pretty ludicrous, so I tried to dismiss it, but when I verbally dismissed it the friend who had already played Xenoblade that I was in a Skype call with at the time remained strangely quiet.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Isn't it very possible though that Mr.Sakurai may decide against showing Shulk before game's release?

Keeping him as a surprise? have we had Secret Newcomers before?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it very possible though that Mr.Sakurai may decide against showing Shulk before game's release?

It's certainly very possible, but it's also a very depressing alternative. I think everyone here would rather have Shulk revealed so we don't have to wait for vague rumors from Japan to float over to us all.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
It's certainly very possible, but it's also a very depressing alternative. I think everyone here would rather have Shulk revealed so we don't have to wait for vague rumors from Japan to float over to us all.
I know, It'd be painful :(

I think Shulk is pretty hype, Sakurai should show him! (a worldwide type of hype)

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I feel your pain so hard, you don't even understand. I get to the final boss, I start having troubles with it, and my little **** of a nine year old (at the time) brother decided to pop in and tell me "Hey, so and so was really this race once", without seeing any problems with it. It sounded pretty ludicrous, so I tried to dismiss it, but when I verbally dismissed it the friend who had already played Xenoblade that I was in a Skype call with at the time remained strangely quiet.
I'm kind of curious how your brother knew that.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I really want him to be revealed before the game come out because he will be repping a new franchise and not from franchises that already in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom