• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Looks like #TrueMonadoTuesday is coming a week earlier than expected. Can't say that I'm complaining.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I could see them maybe doing a livestream next week to reveal the last of the starting roster, but the whole thing? Nah, too good to be true. Still though, #XenobladeReferenceAugust

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
uuuuugh, waiting for the Friday Pic of the Day is always the hardest because it's almost always the best one of that week.....

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Corocoro has started leaking new mega evolutions for Pokemon.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

eh hoping for some smash stuff, but if not it'll pass the time till the PotD
That Mega Altaria though.

Fluffiest god damn thing ever. Also Dragon/Fairy = win.

...Where's Mega Flygon?

...So about those PokeShulks...

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I checked the Corocoro website, and while the google translation is basically gibberish, it is clear that something Smash Bros. is gonna go down very soon. o.o

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I checked the Corocoro website, and while the google translation is basically gibberish, it is clear that something Smash Bros. is gonna go down very soon. o.o
So much for sleep, it looks like... Good thing there's a fridge full of HYPE.

And dat Mega Altaria. It's so fluffy... I'm gonna DIE!!!1!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What in the world happen to that Salamence?
Yeesh. Not sure if want.

I'm sure it'll grow on me, but man that looks bizarre.

Getting pretty hype for some bigass CoroCoro leaks... (Not full roster-type leaks, but something.)

Whit

Smash Journeyman
AND THERE'S THE PIC OF THE DAY AND ITS A STAGE AND OH JESUS ITS BEAUTIFUL
…but it's just a stage. Now we wait 3 hype inducing days for more smash info and pray to Bionis that #TrueMonadoTuesday will come to pass. Meyneth help us I'll have to restock my fridge.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
…but it's just a stage. Now we wait 3 hype inducing days for more smash info and pray to Bionis that #TrueMonadoTuesday will come to pass. Meyneth help us I'll have to restock my fridge.
I'm not expecting much, but Sakurai could still announce a reveal or something in a few hours. That's what happened prior to Robin's and Lucina's.

Or he could (and likely will, regardless of what we actually see) mention the livestream on Monday or Tuesday's PotD.

Even if he doesn't do that, I kind of expect something big is happening soon. The floodgates are about to burst, friends! Meyneth help us, #TrueMonadoTuesday will come!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm not expecting much, but Sakurai could still announce a reveal or something in a few hours. That's what happened prior to Robin's and Lucina's.

Or he could (and likely will, regardless of what we actually see) mention the livestream on Monday or Tuesday's PotD.

Even if he doesn't do that, I kind of expect something big is happening soon. The floodgates are about to burst, friends! Meyneth help us, #TrueMonadoTuesday will come!
I just hope I get some big news about SSB4 next week before having to start College.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Okay got a bit off topic (a bit being generous), but let's get back to talking about our anime boy Shulk.

Something's going to happen in the next few days. Don't tell me why it's just a hunch. But it's been about a month since the last reveal so I guess that's why, coupled with CoroCoro leaking. Things are getting interesting. And my god they need to announce Shulk soon. I know I keep saying that, but for the love of Bionis Samurai I'm stranded in this desert of character speculations. Give me some water! (Water being Shulk in this analogy).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Okay got a bit off topic (a bit being generous), but let's get back to talking about our anime boy Shulk.

Something's going to happen in the next few days. Don't tell me why it's just a hunch. But it's been about a month since the last reveal so I guess that's why, coupled with CoroCoro leaking. Things are getting interesting. And my god they need to announce Shulk soon. I know I keep saying that, but for the love of Bionis Samurai I'm stranded in this desert of character speculations. Give me some water! (Water being Shulk in this analogy).
Not only that, but come next week we'll be a frickin' month. Just a MONTH. From the release of the actual, full-on game.

So something big is going to happen imminently.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Sakurai: You want Shulk? Here is a bag of Lays! (Pointless PotD). :troll:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Oh did I miss something? Too invested in Xenoblade to care :D

In the storyline I'm now coming somewhat close to the halfway point, you know, the part before you go to Valak Mountain (description vague to not reveal spoilers).

I'm focusing a lot more on the sidequests though. With my first playthrough I ended up only doing them all after I was already lv 100, so I was interested to see what it was like doing them as I go through the game. So far it's been great, making me feel like I'm really apart of the game. I'm just about done with Colony 9 at the moment, since I don't think I can really progress out of affinity lv 4 to affinity lv 5 til later in the game, and after a little bit more of storyline I will start sidequesting in Frontier Village. This should help with that difficulty spike at Valak Mountain that Solfiner mentioned and will give me a chance to do a lot of quests I couldn't in my first playthrough.

So yeah, Xenoblade is still good the second time through.

Potd is neat. Off to bed. More Xenoblade in the morning.

-

Or perhaps I won't go to bed. I got distracted by translated Famitsu magazine
This a stretch, but doesn't that picture at the bottom right look like Bionis Leg? It's not a stage but a race to the finish line from Smash Run

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687

Welcome to the "Gut feeling something Smash Bro. related is going to happen soon" club

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Do you have a larger version of that picture?
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/351/7/9/xenoblade_dock_icon_by_arthurreinhart-d5ob6on.png is this big enough Dunban?

I just wanted all the Party members for my Avatar, but that was the only good picture I found that doesn't

Major Xenoblade spoilers
spoil Fiora's Mechon Form like this one http://static.minitokyo.net/downloads/02/42/582102.jpg & while I do think its allowed to have that for your avatar, I don't want to spoil Fiora's ressurection for people that want to play or haven't beaten the game, due Fiora's death kinda has that wow effect feeling on a your first playtrough, due you don't expect that the love interest would have been killed so early on.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
What in the world happen to that Salamence?
Salamence became a Magic the gathering card xp
http://www.manaleak.com/store/images/Hypersonic_Dragon_image31121.jpg

Salamence though could be a force, due it has access to Dragon dance,a flying variant of Outrage(Trash) & offcourse Return will hurt alot due Stab & the Aerilate boost

Altaria learns Hyper voice by breeding so it will see some usage

Well I'm the most hyped for Lopunny. I always loved the Klutz + Switcheroo set, but due Lopunny learns enough fighting moves, has Limber as its DW ability an offensive moveset is certainly viable now.

Still hoping for a Mega Milotic though

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
Since i got up and saw the leaks i honestly can't handle it anymore. The funny thing is that one of the main reasons i want Shulk to be in is that i can't wait to battle on Bionis with You Will Know Our Name playing. I can make it in Project M but it just doesn't feel the same y'know.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Since i got up and saw the leaks i honestly can't handle it anymore. The funny thing is that one of the main reasons i want Shulk to be in is that i can't wait to battle on Bionis with You Will Know Our Name playing. I can make it in Project M but it just doesn't feel the same y'know.
We got one @BluePikmin11

Take him to the supporter's list!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Welcome to the Shulk thread. You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave...

But seriously, I'm the same. I'm usually quite reserved and objective when it comes to rumours and character chances. But after #MonadoMonday, nope, I'm gone. Hype Train activating Hyperdrive!

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Shulk thread. You can check in any time you like, but you can never leave...

But seriously, I'm the same. I'm usually quite reserved and objective when it comes to rumours and character chances. But after #MonadoMonday, nope, I'm gone. Hype Train activating Hyperdrive!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
As I mentioned before, there are only two options for Shulk's reveal:

-Sometime this month
-Or in the early part of next month

Regardless of when the exact date will be, there honestly isn't that much waiting left to do.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As I mentioned before, there are only two options for Shulk's reveal:

-Sometime this month
-Or in the early part of next month

Regardless of when the exact date will be, there honestly isn't that much waiting left to do.
Yeah, and I really doubt that he won't get a trailer. It's much more likely that a character from a never before represented franchise in Smash will get a trailer rather than that "villains trailer" that the fanbase has made up. Seriously, NOTHING is hinting at a villains trailer, it's just speculation.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Welcome, so apparently Nintendo declared this august as the month of princess peach.... no. It's now the month of Shulk. Shulkgust.

Also how bout them shades?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, and I really doubt that he won't get a trailer. It's much more likely that a character from a never before represented franchise in Smash will get a trailer rather than that "villains trailer" that the fanbase has made up. Seriously, NOTHING is hinting at a villains trailer, it's just speculation.
Only reason I wouldn't want a Villains trailer is because I'd love to see Ganondorf with Metal Face vs Shulk and Ness/Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom