• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anybody else remember Operation Rainfall?
Of course. I don't care what Reggie says; without them, I doubt that we would have gotten Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's Tower, and The Last Story. I'm still amazed to this day that they were released over here.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Anybody else remember Operation Rainfall?
Remember it? Heck I was one of the first people in that group. Not trying to sound like a hipster but it was true. What's funny is that in the beginning the game out of the three I wanted the most was The Last Story. But as time went on more of my attention went to Xenoblade. I remember the day NOA announced they were bringing the game over I literally ran through my apartment screaming. The neighbors were confused. And the rest is obviously history. I actually kind of miss the Operation Rainfall days. Sure it was torture not having those games over here but man did I met a lot of cool people in that community.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so here's a question during shulks reveal will he who knows our name, unfinished battle, or Engage the enemy be revealed and which one would you want it to be

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
so here's a question during shulks reveal will he who knows our name, unfinished battle, or Engage the enemy be revealed and which one would you want it to be
Engage the Enemy for the cutscene, YWKON for the gameplay footage.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't have even heard of Xenoblade before Smash if it weren't for Operation Rainfall!
Great game, except I never did any quests and ended up grinding for boss battles. :\
You know, I didn't actually even know about Operation Rainfall for a long time. I've known about Xenoblade since fall of '11 probably, since a dear friend of mine loved the game, but I didn't know it wasn't released over here. And then Chuggaaconroy said something about it being confirmed for release over here on Facebook, so I assumed it was just a new game that took a little while to be localized. I'm not sure I even knew about Operation Rainfall by the time I got the game, which was in August of '12. I certainly didn't know that the game was rare, I know that much. It's really strange how I managed to go so much time without knowing the fight people had to go through to get Xenoblade over to the states.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
The Rainfall days were something else. After Mother 3, I was convinced Nintendo would never give us RPGs we wanted, and instead would give us RPGs we never asked for. I convinced myself not to hype up for Xenoblade because I never thought it'd come. Then a year or two later, I saw it randomly in Gamestop and was like "sure". Then the great four playthroughs of Summer '12.
And it was the best game ever my favorite game ever.
The slashed words are correct by the way.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The Rainfall days were something else. After Mother 3, I was convinced Nintendo would never give us RPGs we wanted, and instead would give us RPGs we never asked for. I convinced myself not to hype up for Xenoblade because I never thought it'd come. Then a year or two later, I saw it randomly in Gamestop and was like "sure". Then the great four playthroughs of Summer '12.
And it was the best game ever my favorite game ever.
The slashed words are correct by the way.
I am so glad that they realized they were wrong and are bringing X everywhere.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I remember hearing about Rainfall but I actually decided to get Xenoblade upon seeing "Project X" for the Wii U. I looked into it and saw how critically acclaimed it was (couldn't find a score lower than 90%) bought it, played it nonstop until I beat it. Started playing it again. I've got like 200 hours on it and no regrets. Best 50 bucks spent. Xenoblade Chronicles pretty much became my number one favorite game.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I got stuck on Shulk Vs. Lucina as the final for that poll... Anyway it feels good to see Shulk, Riki and Fiora among Mario, Link and such. Hopefully it won't be the last time.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I played Baten Kaitos Origins back in the day and loved it, years later when I saw a copy of Xenoblade at a Gamestop and noticed it was made by Monolithsoft, I just insta-bought it.

Actually, now that I think about it......around the time that Brawl came out I remember being all like "For the next Smash Bros. game I wanna play as Sagi! (main character of Baten Kaitos Origins)" Kinda ironic...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Actually, now that I think about it......around the time that Brawl came out I remember being all like "For the next Smash Bros. game I wanna play as Sagi! (main character of Baten Kaitos Origins)" Kinda ironic...
If Shulk has an alternate Palette Color of Sagi then you might be able to "play as him".

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Are any of y'all are keeping up with the leaks thread? There's a small chance it's true, but we might actually be getting the full roster next week. We all know that our man Shulk has his own trailer sooooo….

If hype were a can of soda, I'm not opening it yet. I am shaking the **** out of it though!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are any of y'all are keeping up with the leaks thread? There's a small chance it's true, but we might actually be getting the full roster next week. We all know that our man Shulk has his own trailer sooooo….

If hype were a can of soda, I'm not opening it yet. I am shaking the **** out of it though!
Full roster next week, eh? This isn't about the CoroCoro thing is it? Because they confirmed they were only showing the starting roster or just all the characters we know about.

It doesn't sound like that's what you're saying though. But to be honest, I haven't beeen keeping up because I find half the people in there stupid, so please explain? :grin:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

no do tell friend this Shulkle is wondering what it is about

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

Wait, what? How did we come to this conclusion? Was it a leak? Is Shulk on the leak? I need answers like Riki needs pants!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, what? How did we come to this conclusion? Was it a leak? Is Shulk on the leak? I need answers like Riki needs pants!
Yeah! This minutes-long wait is killing me! Sure, I could just go to the Leaks General and find what you're talking about, but honestly I don't want to wade through the salty garbage. C'mon, I'll be your best Xenofriend. ....Maybe.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Full roster next week, eh? This isn't about the CoroCoro thing is it? Because they confirmed they were only showing the starting roster or just all the characters we know about.

It doesn't sound like that's what you're saying though. But to be honest, I haven't beeen keeping up because I find half the people in there stupid, so please explain? :grin:
No no. It is the Corocoro thing, and you're right it was "confirmed" to be just the characters we know about a long time ago. BUT it seems like some new information has come to light that may indicate that it is indeed the FULL roster. I may be jumping the gun on this, but we all know we are overdue for a trailer. Even if it's not true, I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least a new character to go into the Corocoro issue.

EDIT: and I happen to like the people in that thread thank you very much!

Calm down, this is most likely a false alarm. Nothing has specifically mentioned Shulk.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
No no. It is the Corocoro thing, and you're right it was "confirmed" to be just the characters we know about a long time ago. BUT it seems like some new information has come to light that may indicate that it is indeed the FULL roster. I may be jumping the gun on this, but we all know we are overdue for a trailer. Even if it's not true, I wouldn't be surprised if we got at least a new character to go into the Corocoro issue.
can;t be shulk though he's to generic :substitute:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai chooses to do what we all least expect him to do, so having a newcomer showcased in a magazine is....plausible...especially considering he said himself that he's running out of trailers, which doesn't technically mean he's running out of Newcomers to show off :p

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Calm down, this is most likely a false alarm. Nothing has specifically mentioned Shulk.
Argh, this thread has cut away the anti-hype barriers I had around my heart, and now I get jumpy at almost everything. Damn you people, and your hype-inducing ways.

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
I really wish we get shulk soon, the wait is killing me :(

EDIT: If it is possible i will really like some shades

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Argh, this thread has cut away the anti-hype barriers I had around my heart, and now I get jumpy at almost everything. Damn you people, and your hype-inducing ways.
the shulk train has to brakes

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I've got first class tickets on this hype train. Didn't mean to startle everybody, but my gut says it's going to happen soon.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hey! I've got first class tickets on this hype train. Didn't mean to startle everybody, but my gut says it's going to happen soon.
as I said before really the only 3 holy **** characters at least I can think of they could announce is Shulk, Ridley, or Mewtwo coming back

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
You know, as the release date of both versions quickly approaches, I've been thinking about how amazing and unique this last year and a half have been, what with the constant hype about new characters and being your favorite character's personal cheerleader. It's like the video game equivalent of the presidential elections or something. The only reason I hope DLC is a thing, is to preserve this level of hype and fandom. Just a random thought I'm throwing out there

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Can't stop this train. Anyway here's some more fuel. Here's a translated quote from the website that's starting this full roster rumor (along with a stream?). Take this with a huge grain of salt as nobody who's fluent in Japanese has confirmed this yet. Here it is.

"It has been confirmed that Nintendo will reveal the official character roster and all the stages of Super Smash Bros. 4 later this month. According to a listing on CoroCoro.tv, a special Super Smash Bros. 4 broadcast will air on Aug. 12 and all the characters and stages of the title will be revealed. Thus far, 36 characters have been announced for the official character roster of Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U and 3DS."

Here's a link to the full article
http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...roster-reveal-coming-soon-release-date-leaked
although it's from examiner so it's known to be unreliable.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I've come to the conclusion that Sakurai chooses to do what we all least expect him to do, so having a newcomer showcased in a magazine is....plausible...especially considering he said himself that he's running out of trailers, which doesn't technically mean he's running out of Newcomers to show off :p
Gee, I sure don't expect Sakurai to put up a badass Shulk and Fiora trailer tonight and release the game this weekend!!!

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Can't stop this train. Anyway here's some more fuel. Here's a translated quote from the website that's starting this full roster rumor (along with a stream?). Take this with a huge grain of salt as nobody who's fluent in Japanese has confirmed this yet. Here it is.

"It has been confirmed that Nintendo will reveal the official character roster and all the stages of Super Smash Bros. 4 later this month. According to a listing on CoroCoro.tv, a special Super Smash Bros. 4 broadcast will air on Aug. 12 and all the characters and stages of the title will be revealed. Thus far, 36 characters have been announced for the official character roster of Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U and 3DS."

Here's a link to the full article
http://www.examiner.com/article/sup...roster-reveal-coming-soon-release-date-leaked
although it's from examiner so it's known to be unreliable.
ew Examiner.....all the news I've ever read on there is either fake or fashionably late. :/ I'll remain hopeful though

Whit

Smash Journeyman
ew Examiner.....all the news I've ever read on there is either fake or fashionably late. :/ I'll remain hopeful though
My thoughts exactly. Although the rumor didn't originate from examiner. They were just reporting on it. It's from some Japanese site I don't know how to find.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
My thoughts exactly. Although the rumor didn't originate from examiner. They were just reporting on it. It's from some Japanese site I don't know how to find.
Oh ok then. I think there's actually a lot of potential for something big to happen soon, not sure why I feel that way, but I do.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
for real it already feels like forever since robin was confirmed we need shulk sakurai

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Also me and my friend were thinking about possible reveal trailer ideas, and we thought how cool it would be, if it started out for a character that like, nobody wanted, like Tingle or something, then when it gets to the part with the like "Tingle, does something or whatever!" the whole sequence is revealed to be a vision by Shulk and then it replays except Shulk defeats him or whatever, then cue gameplay"

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also me and my friend were thinking about possible reveal trailer ideas, and we thought how cool it would be, if it started out for a character that like, nobody wanted, like Tingle or something, then when it gets to the part with the like "Tingle, does something or whatever!" the whole sequence is revealed to be a vision by Shulk and then it replays except Shulk defeats him or whatever, then cue gameplay"
I'd certainly be hyped, although I imagine Tingle fans would be preeeetty salty. More than even the Chrom fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom