• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Welcome, so apparently Nintendo declared this august as the month of princess peach.... no. It's now the month of Shulk. Shulkgust.

Also how bout them shades?
Well ain't that peachy :troll:

But yeah, I feel like it's only a matter of time before we get Shulk. Hopefully soon, because the hype is killing me xD

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Only reason I wouldn't want a Villains trailer is because I'd love to see Ganondorf with Metal Face vs Shulk and Ness/Lucas.
Oh god, that would be awesome. Dorf + Metal face!

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Guys, let's get back on track. This is the Shulk thread, not the "put sunglasses on ALL THE THINGS" thread.

I had an idea about that leaked moveset, the "stance-change" one. What if it isn't a stance change, but rather a move where you hold B to cycle through Monado arts, similar to Pac-Man's roulette attack? As you hold B, it goes from, say...Speed to Purge to Buster to Armour to Cyclone, over the course of a second or so. Might be a bit clunky, but Pac-Man can make it work (maybe it also remembers your place if you hit the shield button? That could be useful).

I'm just trying to figure out a way to make that leak work, since it seems to be the hardest to kill so far.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys, let's get back on track. This is the Shulk thread, not the "put sunglasses on ALL THE THINGS" thread.

I had an idea about that leaked moveset, the "stance-change" one. What if it isn't a stance change, but rather a move where you hold B to cycle through Monado arts, similar to Pac-Man's roulette attack? As you hold B, it goes from, say...Speed to Purge to Buster to Armour to Cyclone, over the course of a second or so. Might be a bit clunky, but Pac-Man can make it work (maybe it also remembers your place if you hit the shield button? That could be useful).

I'm just trying to figure out a way to make that leak work, since it seems to be the hardest to kill so far.
I really hope that leak isn't true. Not only are all the newcomers except Shulk stupid in my opinion, but Shulk's moveset also seems like lost potential, since stances aren't even a thing in Xenoblade.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463

I feel like various skills would be relegated to special moves, but Buster mode is the default.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Since you could only cycle forward and not backwards it would make that gimmick practically useless. Not a fan of it to be honest.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that leak isn't true. Not only are all the newcomers except Shulk stupid in my opinion, but Shulk's moveset also seems like lost potential, since stances aren't even a thing in Xenoblade.
Yeah, stances would just seem a bit "off" for Shulk. There's so much more that could be done with the Monado arts, let alone with all of his other arts

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Still holding out for for Arts to be scattered across his entire moveset (from specials, to aerials, to tilts, etc).

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, i'm quite proud of this one.

And i'll throw this one in too because why the heck not

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Psst. Ladies and Gents.

Maybe keep the sunglasses business to the PMs or profile posts or something? Because it's actually slightly off topic. I don't like buzz killing but it's getting a little out of topic.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Psst. Ladies and Gents.

Maybe keep the sunglasses business to the PMs or profile posts or something? Because it's actually slightly off topic. I don't like buzz killing but it's getting a little out of topic.
To follow this up, to those that are interested, PM/Profile Post @ Solfiner Solfiner , @TitanTeaTime, or @ Dunban Dunban for shades. As for joining the Shulk general social convo, you can PM/Profile Post me, @KingofZeroX, @ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler , or @ Solfiner Solfiner for an invite.

That's all. Hopefully this won't be overlooked.

I always thought that Shulk's Up B would be him grabbing onto Riki while Riki flaps his ears kind of like snake's Up B.
I still think Riki being involved in Shulk's moveset is hilarious. If the Heropon doesn't turn out to be an AT, it's definitely a possibility :laugh:

I figured Air Slash would either be an aerial or Shulk's Up-B personally.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Psst. Ladies and Gents.

Apologies. We'll keep the monocles to a minimum

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
You can also ask me if you want in on the convo. And iirc, @ Solfiner Solfiner has a premium account now and can let you in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How about victory screen cameos, like how Little Mac has Doc Louis show up in his victory animation? Maybe Riki, Melia, Sharla, or Dunban could make a cameo in Shulk's victory screen. Maybe Reyn.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Unless he's an AT, Reyn would probably be the most likely to appear in a victory screen, considering his close bond with Shulk, childhood friends and all that.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You can also ask me if you want in on the convo. And iirc, @ Solfiner Solfiner has a premium account now and can let you in.
Edited my post to include you.

How about victory screen cameos, like how Little Mac has Doc Louis show up in his victory animation? Maybe Riki, Melia, Sharla, or Dunban could make a cameo in Shulk's victory screen. Maybe Reyn.
Reyn Time baby. Or anyone else that could get featured in a Chain Attack FS (that's non-AT) can also make an appearance.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
To follow this up, to those that are interested, PM/Profile Post @ Solfiner Solfiner , @TitanTeaTime, or @ Dunban Dunban for shades. As for joining the Shulk general social convo, you can PM/Profile Post me, @KingofZeroX, @ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler , or @ Solfiner Solfiner for an invite.

That's all. Hopefully this won't be overlooked.

I still think Riki being involved in Shulk's moveset is hilarious. If the Heropon doesn't turn out to be an AT, it's definitely a possibility :laugh:

I figured Air Slash would either be an aerial or Shulk's Up-B personally.
Yeah, feel free to ask. It's the perfect place to have off-topic discussions, so that we can keep this thread on-topic as much as possible.
Edited my post to include you.

Reyn Time baby. Or anyone else that could get featured in a Chain Attack FS (that's non-AT) can also make an appearance.
Oh god, Reyn appearing in Shulk's victory screen would be AMAZING.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What would Shulk's victory quote be? Maybe, "The future doesn't belong to you!"
"Piece of cake!"

One of his taunts should be the Monado enchant motion, while he is saying "You're not invincible!" That would be so much hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom