• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Do you have a larger version of that picture?
Can you give my picture the shades it deserves?

I am already imagining using Shulk in Smash 4, my hype literally cannot be tamed right now

I'm hoping there's an announcement very soon because I'm gonna burst!
This is probably what Sakurai wants from us. Give us a cool reveal then keep us waiting and anticipating until we may burst, and then he gives us another reveal. Hopefully Monado Monday was a detour and the next one is the real thing.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I think most of the people here are planning on maining Shulk.
That said, we'll need to set up a Shulk only, whatever stage they use from Xenoblade, Riki as the only item tourney.
I would be so happy if Riki was an item that you used like a volleyball.
What's up with all these avatars with shades
We're just all really cool, that's all.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I've told my gf so many times that Shulk is gonna be in this game and she doesn't believe me. So he better be announced soon so that I can be right for once

Killswitch0078

Smash Rookie
Gentlemen, synchronize your hype watches.
(I recommend skipping to 0:21)
We have about 1 month until the game is released.
For most supporters, no time at all.
We are not most supporters (That would be Ridley supporters)
We are Shulk supporters!
We have the resources, and the will, to make this hype COUNT.
The clock is ticking gentlemen, let's hype.

(I really, really want Shulk in. He's the only character I wanted that hasn't been revealed yet.)

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I've told my gf so many times that Shulk is gonna be in this game and she doesn't believe me. So he better be announced soon so that I can be right for once
That's a shame. My partner hasn't played Xenoblade but they support Shulk because of how enthusiastic I am about it.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Can you give my picture the shades it deserves?

This is probably what Sakurai wants from us. Give us a cool reveal then keep us waiting and anticipating until we may burst, and then he gives us another reveal. Hopefully Monado Monday was a detour and the next one is the real thing.
It's a tad crude but here you go

I have no idea what you're talking about :troll:

I mean... at this point I might as well
@ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler

Last edited:

Killswitch0078

Smash Rookie
So, does anyone think (Or hope) that CoroCoro will give us any information on new characters?
I honestly really doubt they will, and I hope not too. I'd rather wait for a trailer with Shulk to come out and go into hype overload than see that Shulk is in the game through CoroCoro then not be as hype when the trailer is out.
What are your opinions on it?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, does anyone think (Or hope) that CoroCoro will give us any information on new characters?
I honestly really doubt they will, and I hope not too. I'd rather wait for a trailer with Shulk to come out and go into hype overload than see that Shulk is in the game through CoroCoro then not be as hype when the trailer is out.
I agree with everything you said. A Shulk trailer would be so much better.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, we aren't getting any new reveals from CC. Just info on newcomers that we've already seen and information about the 'tweaks' to other characters.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
@ Dunban Dunban Thank you very much!

We're the coolest support thread around, obviously.

That's kind of how I feel. I'm 99.9% sure Shulk will be in at this point, so I'd rather not know when he gets revealed so when he does I lose my mind (hopefully).

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
That's kind of how I feel. I'm 99.9% sure Shulk will be in at this point, so I'd rather not know when he gets revealed so when he does I lose my mind (hopefully).
Exactly. I want to watch a new Smash trailer live, not know what to expect, then have my brains blown out by hype, not have Shulk revealed anti-climatically by CoroCoro.

Killswitch0078

Smash Rookie
As far as I know, we aren't getting any new reveals from CC. Just info on newcomers that we've already seen and information about the 'tweaks' to other characters.
I'm hoping for some new stages, and maybe some veteran confirmations. (Wario pls Sakurai.)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
For those that are wondering, the shades started two days ago (I think) when I came up with the "Dorf patrol" in the Social conversation we have.

dorf-patrol.gif

I made this GIF because me and @ Hokori Hokori REALLY like Dorf, so of course this was only natural after his Hyrule warriors reveal.

After that, he asked me to give him a matching avatar,
which is this:

Dorf.png

And after that, everyone joined in on the fun and now we all have shades. Basically, we are all one giant Dorf patrol.

Thank @TitanTeaTime too, because he put down some serious work yesterday making shaded avatars for almost everyone in the conversation.

Exactly. I want to watch a new Smash trailer live, not know what to expect, then have my brains blown out by hype, not have Shulk revealed anti-climatically by CoroCoro.
I agree with this. I want my brain to explode dammit.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I know Shulk will get revealed, but that after Shulk is revealed :salt: is going to be Strong.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
For those that are wondering, the shades started two days ago (I think) when I came up with the "Dorf patrol" in the Social conversation we have.

View attachment 20893

I made this GIF because me and @ Hokori Hokori REALLY like Dorf, so of course this was only natural after his Hyrule warriors reveal.

After that, he asked me to give him a matching avatar,
which is this:

View attachment 20894

And after that, everyone joined in on the fun and now we all have shades. Basically, we are all one giant Dorf patrol.

Thank @TitanTeaTime too, because he put down some serious work yesterday making shaded avatars for almost everyone in the conversation.

I agree with this. I want my brain to explode dammit.
So that's where the shades started. I feel kind of stupid for not noticing it earlier. Um...do you mind if I get a pair of shades as well?

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I just hope he actually gets a full fledge trailer, like Greninja and Mega man. (idk how he wouldn't unless Sakurai kept him hidden past the Japan release and those guys dont get a trailer)

I want actiony pre-rendered shulk kicking smash butt.

and they better not pull a Pacman on me because while that was an exciting reveal I thought the tailer kind of stunk.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So it's pretty obvious the only veteran getting revealed pre-release is in newcomer trailers. So, let's review who's left. Jigglypuff, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Meta Knight, Wolf, Rob, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. Now I think the last three on that list are the only ones getting cut (sorry, Snake). So we got 11 characters. From past experiences the veteran in the newcomer's reveal trailer ties into it in some way. In Palutena's trailer there was Link. And while we already knew he was in Zelda and Kid Icarus do have a lot in common. Same with Game & Watch and Pac Man. Heck even Fire Emblem and F-Zero (both were created the same year). We also know that either Ness or Lucas has to be revealed before release so that Itoi is credited in the title screen. So I ask you then, of all the remaining newcomers left, who would fit in a trailer with Ness and or Lucas? My point exactly.

This has been another pointless ramble I need sleep...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So it's pretty obvious the only veteran getting revealed pre-release is in newcomer trailers. So, let's review who's left. Jigglypuff, Ness, Ice Climbers, Falco, Ganondorf, Mr. Game & Watch, Wario, Meta Knight, Wolf, Rob, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur. Now I think the last three on that list are the only ones getting cut (sorry, Snake). So we got 11 characters. From past experiences the veteran in the newcomer's reveal trailer ties into it in some way. In Palutena's trailer there was Link. And while we already knew he was in Zelda and Kid Icarus do have a lot in common. Same with Game & Watch and Pac Man. Heck even Fire Emblem and F-Zero (both were created the same year). We also know that either Ness or Lucas has to be revealed before release so that Itoi is credited in the title screen. So I ask you then, of all the remaining newcomers left, who would fit in a trailer with Ness and or Lucas? My point exactly.

This has been another pointless ramble I need sleep...
Ness/Lucas + Shulk reveal
=

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yup. @ Solfiner Solfiner brought up Dorf Patrol, I went wild at the idea (pure brilliance) and co-signed it, and before he finished the GIF, I suggested that the Dorf should have shades. He threw them on for me and it turned out to be a masterpiece. I then suggested that everyone else should accessorize their avatars, but little did I know people would actually follow through with that idea :shades:

I want actiony pre-rendered shulk kicking smash butt.
I saw "actiony" and thought of a Shulk action figure. Oh boy, I really want one of those.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Yup. @ Solfiner Solfiner brought up Dorf Patrol, I went wild at the idea (pure brilliance) and co-signed it, and before he finished the GIF, I suggested that the Dorf should have shades. He threw them on for me and it turned out to be a masterpiece. I then suggested that everyone else should accessorize their avatars, but little did I know people would actually follow through with that idea :shades:

I saw "actiony" and thought of a Shulk action figure. Oh boy, I really want one of those.
And I have a Melgypsy avatar because I suggested shipping Melia with Mr. Saturn and the conversation kinda went crazy with that...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Pure genius if I say so myself. :shades:

Hopefully we will be able to purchase a Shulk amiibo!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Anybody else remember Operation Rainfall?
It's funny, because I was never really involved with Rainfall, but I still heard A LOT about it at the time. Just goes to show how big of an impact it did.

Mewter

Smash Master
I wouldn't have even heard of Xenoblade before Smash if it weren't for Operation Rainfall!
Great game, except I never did any quests and ended up grinding for boss battles. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom