• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I'm clicking on the link, but I can't find anything. It says the topic was removed.
Someone took it down i tried to view it also i dont believe leaks usually its just someone trolling everyone into thinking somethings gonna get put in just for the fun of it :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well Sakurai did say they were almost at the bottom of the barrel with the reveal trailers, so assuming there's no secret newcomers this time around, we'll hopefully see Shulk before September 13.

Hmm, I just thought of an idea for an I guess "Easter egg" involving Shulk in Smash. During stock battles, if Shulk loses his last stock (not by star/screen KO) he'll say "I can't...go on." It's one of his incapacitated quotes in Xenoblade and would be a clever nod to the game.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I'll bet that we get Shulk within 2 weeks. Not much more time before the Japanese release so gotta get those release trailers out quick! :)
Oh yeah i forgot about japanese release date is soon maybe the reveal for august 12 is true? Maybe not who knows

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I just thought of an idea for an I guess "Easter egg" involving Shulk in Smash. During stock battles, if Shulk loses his last stock (not by star/screen KO) he'll say "I can't...go on." It's one of his incapacitated quotes in Xenoblade and would be a clever nod to the game.
Or he could say that when he loses all of his stamina if stamina matches return.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I found a website a while ago that the full roster will be reveal august 12 i cant remember the website now
I think you might be referring to Corocoro saying that they are going to reveal the starting roster (no unlockables) on the 12th. Unless Shulk or any other unrevealed characters are on the starting roster, I doubt they will be revealed on the 12th. However who knows? Maybe Shulk's trailer will come out before then. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: They say they will release the full roster, however they've been known to not to deliver like they say they will. Here's a link
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...-reportedly-revealed-in-next-months-corocoro/

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I think you might be referring to Corocoro saying that they are going to reveal the starting roster (no unlockables) on the 12th. Unless Shulk or any other unrevealed characters are on the starting roster, I doubt they will be revealed on the 12th. However who knows? Maybe Shulk's trailer will come out before then. Fingers crossed!

EDIT: They say they will release the full roster, however they've been known to not to deliver like they say they will. Here's a link
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...-reportedly-revealed-in-next-months-corocoro/
Yes that was it well maybe the full roster will come out in august or maybe not who knows i think i now want nemesis as a boss

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I'm pretty sure that was eventually proven to be a mistranslation? The "whole" roster I mean. It'll probably be only the fighters revealed so far.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that was eventually proven to be a mistranslation? The "whole" roster I mean. It'll probably be only the fighters revealed so far.
Maybe so what do you guys think about the gematsu leak a lot of people say its been proven wrong but the way im looking at it it actually hasnt been proven wrong yet

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The way I see leaks in general is that no leak is 100% right or 100% wrong, but rather that some parts fit together like the pieces of a puzzle. Like, there were several leaks back in the brawl days that different leaks had different info, but certain parts of all the leaks combined came true. Can't remember which ones those were atm.

Likewise, while part 1 of Gematsu is true (Villager, WFT, Pac, Mega, Mii Fighters, Little Mac), part 2 will only be like 75% true at most (Palutena and Greninja are in, but Chrom isn't despite being planned during development). There was also a leak (I think?) that Lucina, Robin and CF were all gonna be in the same trailer a few weeks before said trailer happened. I think some leakers either have a bit of outdated info to throw some off (Chrom for Gematsu) or throw in blatantly fake info (Cranky Kong being a newcomer in that German leak).

All I know is I really want the 2nd Xenoblade newcomer part of that German leak to come true

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
The way I see leaks in general is that no leak is 100% right or 100% wrong, but rather that some parts fit together like the pieces of a puzzle. Like, there were several leaks back in the brawl days that different leaks had different info, but certain parts of all the leaks combined came true. Can't remember which ones those were atm.

Likewise, while part 1 of Gematsu is true (Villager, WFT, Pac, Mega, Mii Fighters, Little Mac), part 2 will only be like 75% true at most (Palutena and Greninja are in, but Chrom isn't despite being planned during development). There was also a leak (I think?) that Lucina, Robin and CF were all gonna be in the same trailer a few weeks before said trailer happened. I think some leakers either have a bit of outdated info to throw some off (Chrom for Gematsu) or throw in blatantly fake info (Cranky Kong being a newcomer in that German leak).

All I know is I really want the 2nd Xenoblade newcomer part of that German leak to come true
Actually if you go back and reread the gematsu leak youll notice something it says these characters will apear he did not specifically say they would be playable i also saw the actually gematsu leak post from shulk being 100% apparently said leaker decided to give up :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Heropon Sakurai live to serve!

Heropon-Sakurai.gif

Gematsu was the last Smash 4 leak I believed. We are so close to the full roster anyway.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Maybe so what do you guys think about the gematsu leak a lot of people say its been proven wrong but the way I'm looking at it it actually hasn't been proven wrong yet
The person feeding information to Sal Romano had information, but it was quite outdated. I don't think anyone is going to argue that someone can just guess characters like Wii Fit Trainer alongside "Animal Crossing guy" (a series that Sakurai himself said wouldn't fit well enough with the Smash universe, and in the end have at worst 7 of 11 characters right. It was found out that the Mii Fighters information found in his 3rd wave of information was accessible by anyone on Nintendo's E3 site if you guessed a fairly-predictable admin password. If we look at the 4 disputed characters of the list. Also, just to say now, the tipper never said he knew ALL the newcomers.

"Pokemon from X/Y" - Sakurai himself said early listings for the roster had an open slot for Pokemon X/Y even though the games were in production, because he wanted to represent the games somehow. Based upon concept art, he chose Greninja (presumably before a name was even made, or even before the final design was made) because he thought it looked cool and people would end up liking it. Going with the theory that he has outdated information, this lines up.

Chrom->Lucina&Robin - Sakurai wanted to include Chrom as a representative Awakening because it is the most recent, and best selling, Fire Emblem game (whose sales saved the franchise for titles being released after SMT x FE). However, when playing through the game, he really didn't see much that he could do uniquely with Chrom. Robin, on the otherhand, seemed like a much better pool for a creative and unique character. Lucina, as Sakurai has stated many times, was planned to be a Marth alt but in late production was turned into a Clone character with some fair work added in (presumably to help fill the slot of a character ultimately cut due to time constraints). Once again, presumably outdated information.

Shulk - Protagonist of one of the most critically aclaimed Wii titles, second-party, and after all the work done to get the game westernized, has a place in Nintendo's history (being able to do what Mother 3 fans couldn't). Before Gematsu, he was IMO one of the most deserving newcomers for what his game is in Nintendo's history.

Chorus Kids->Marshal? - Rhythm Heaven has been a small franchise for Nintendo (3 games, 2 released internationally). However, it is a very fun, quirky, and creative series made by the studios who make the Warioware games. Between the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run (one of 2 enemies we don't have a confirmed playable character tied to, the other being the Ice Climbers' Polar Bear) and the fact that Wario himself has yet to be revealed... it's theorized that the two will be revealed together. I, to a degree, throw Warioware and Rhythm Heaven together due to how strong the two have ties together. I believe that Sakurai could easilly see potential in this series to have a Game & Watch-style weird little character with a moveset based on the collection of Mini-games and the "gimmick" of perhaps a rhythm-strengthened moveset. (I'm awaiting permission to post my moveset on the Marshal thread to show my point). The question is more of: If Sakurai wanted a R.H. rep, was it Chorus Kids? And due to some of the problem Rosalina & Luma akin to the Ice Climbers gave the 3DS, was a trio too intensive and thus downsized to Marshal?

TL;DR: He had outdated information, and only one character has been proven not in the final release as playable. We don't have much reason to not expect Shulk or a Rhythm Heaven character as 2 (of what I predict to be in a total of 4 more) newcomers.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
The person feeding information to Sal Romano had information, but it was quite outdated. I don't think anyone is going to argue that someone can just guess characters like Wii Fit Trainer alongside "Animal Crossing guy" (a series that Sakurai himself said wouldn't fit well enough with the Smash universe, and in the end have at worst 7 of 11 characters right. It was found out that the Mii Fighters information found in his 3rd wave of information was accessible by anyone on Nintendo's E3 site if you guessed a fairly-predictable admin password. If we look at the 4 disputed characters of the list. Also, just to say now, the tipper never said he knew ALL the newcomers.

"Pokemon from X/Y" - Sakurai himself said early listings for the roster had an open slot for Pokemon X/Y even though the games were in production, because he wanted to represent the games somehow. Based upon concept art, he chose Greninja (presumably before a name was even made, or even before the final design was made) because he thought it looked cool and people would end up liking it. Going with the theory that he has outdated information, this lines up.

Chrom->Lucina&Robin - Sakurai wanted to include Chrom as a representative Awakening because it is the most recent, and best selling, Fire Emblem game (whose sales saved the franchise for titles being released after SMT x FE). However, when playing through the game, he really didn't see much that he could do uniquely with Chrom. Robin, on the otherhand, seemed like a much better pool for a creative and unique character. Lucina, as Sakurai has stated many times, was planned to be a Marth alt but in late production was turned into a Clone character with some fair work added in (presumably to help fill the slot of a character ultimately cut due to time constraints). Once again, presumably outdated information.

Shulk - Protagonist of one of the most critically aclaimed Wii titles, second-party, and after all the work done to get the game westernized, has a place in Nintendo's history (being able to do what Mother 3 fans couldn't). Before Gematsu, he was IMO one of the most deserving newcomers for what his game is in Nintendo's history.

Chorus Kids->Marshal? - Rhythm Heaven has been a small franchise for Nintendo (3 games, 2 released internationally). However, it is a very fun, quirky, and creative series made by the studios who make the Warioware games. Between the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run (one of 2 enemies we don't have a confirmed playable character tied to, the other being the Ice Climbers' Polar Bear) and the fact that Wario himself has yet to be revealed... it's theorized that the two will be revealed together. I, to a degree, throw Warioware and Rhythm Heaven together due to how strong the two have ties together. I believe that Sakurai could easilly see potential in this series to have a Game & Watch-style weird little character with a moveset based on the collection of Mini-games and the "gimmick" of perhaps a rhythm-strengthened moveset. (I'm awaiting permission to post my moveset on the Marshal thread to show my point). The question is more of: If Sakurai wanted a R.H. rep, was it Chorus Kids? And due to some of the problem Rosalina & Luma akin to the Ice Climbers gave the 3DS, was a trio too intensive and thus downsized to Marshal?

TL;DR: He had outdated information, and only one character has been proven not in the final release as playable. We don't have much reason to not expect Shulk or a Rhythm Heaven character as 2 (of what I predict to be in a total of 4 more) newcomers.
Actually sakurai said he never wanted to include chrom in the first place and he wanted to include lucina or robin more he also stated that all the characters were decided before the game started to be developed i know him saying a pokemon from X and Y was a dead giveaway that it was fake plus chorus men i know eii fit trainer is ou there but
I dont think the chorus men even have a shot

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually if you go back and reread the gematsu leak youll notice something it says these characters will apear he did not specifically say they would be playable i also saw the actually gematsu leak post from shulk being 100% apparently said leaker decided to give up :p
But when you think about it, I don't think the leaker would go out of his way to show off normal trophies or assists when everyone wants to know who the playables are. Which, there was also part 3 with the DLC prediction and that Lucas may not return. So I think emphasis was on playables there.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Another thing, Shulk is actually a first party. So with that on top of everything else you mentioned, his chances are looking greater than ever.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
But when you think about it, I don't think the leaker would go out of his way to show off normal trophies or assists when everyone wants to know who the playables are. Which, there was also part 3 with the DLC prediction and that Lucas may not return. So I think emphasis was on playables there.
It could still be looked at either way because he never said they would be playable he just said they would appear i saw people go crazy about ray man being a trophy

Burruni

Smash Hero
Another thing, Shulk is actually a first party. So with that on top of everything else you mentioned, his chances are looking greater than ever.
My bad, I don't exactly know the line between First and Second parties. I know the Xeno- games started on Sony only and the latest "type" of Xeno games being Xenoblade being Nintendo-exclusive. I thought Monolith Soft, thus, was second-party. Thanks for clearing that up.

Actually sakurai said he never wanted to include chrom in the first place and he wanted to include lucina or robin more he also stated that all the characters were decided before the game started to be developed i know him saying a pokemon from X and Y was a dead giveaway that it was fake plus chorus men i know eii fit trainer is ou there but
I dont think the chorus men even have a shot
1) http://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/chrom-not-in-super-smash-bros/ For Sakurai to come to the conclusion that Chrom would not be unique alongside Marth and Ike, he clearly had the idea to include him at some point. He, once finding out about Robin, found them to be a much better choice to represent Awakening and the series as a whole.
Edit: "Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn't easy by any means." - Masahiro Sakurai.
2) Why is it a dead giveaway, if Sakurai stated as part of the E3 roundtable discussion that he had a slot planned for an X/Y Pokemon before choosing Greninja based on concept art?
3) Would people have believed in Captain Falcon fighting in SSB64 when all he did was drive in his games? Would people have believed in Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch for Melee? Would people have believed in Pit, Olimar, or R.O.B. for Brawl? There are bizarre characters that become iconic in their Smash incarnations. Wii Fit Trainer and arguably Villager are examples in this on the known Smash 3DS/WiiU roster, what stops a Rhythm Heaven rep like Chorus Kids or Marshal?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I can't believe all this Shulk and #Monadomonday hype turned a thread with 60 something pages into the one that is about to take over the K. Rool thread, well done.

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
My bad, I don't exactly know the line between First and Second parties. I know the Xeno- games started on Sony only and the latest "type" of Xeno games being Xenoblade being Nintendo-exclusive. I thought Monolith Soft, thus, was second-party. Thanks for clearing that up.

1) http://wiiudaily.com/2014/07/chrom-not-in-super-smash-bros/ For Sakurai to come to the conclusion that Chrom would not be unique alongside Marth and Ike, he clearly had the idea to include him at some point. He, once finding out about Robin, found them to be a much better choice to represent Awakening and the series as a whole.
2) Why is it a dead giveaway, if Sakurai stated as part of the E3 roundtable discussion that he had a slot planned for an X/Y Pokemon before choosing Greninja based on concept art?
3) Would people have believed in Captain Falcon fighting in SSB64 when all he did was drive in his games? Would people have believed in Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch for Melee? Would people have believed in Pit, Olimar, or R.O.B. for Brawl? There are bizarre characters that become iconic in their Smash incarnations. Wii Fit Trainer and arguably Villager are examples in this on the known Smash 3DS/WiiU roster, what stops a Rhythm Heaven rep like Chorus Kids or Marshal?
I thought character like them would be more likely the chorus men i still think are crazy and pit is likely because he is in a game that you have to fight enemies in and such i just feel like its a crazy idea and obviously they would add a pokemon character from X and Y plus he didnt specify what character if he didnt the leak would have looked a little more realistic

Flying-Maro

Smash Rookie
Hello guys, I was following this thread for some time, and finally decided to make an account and join you all.
And I would like to be added on the Supporter List.

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys, I was following this thread for some time, and finally decided to make an account and join you all.
Uhh suporter list? This is a thread for discussion about shulk/xenoblade stuff in super smash bros 4 so not sure what your talking about

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So a probably touchy new topic here, but what will you do if Shulk ends up being confirmed as a shocking assist trophy?
DEATH IS THE ONLY OPTION

I would go cry in a corner for about 6 months

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So a probably touchy new topic here, but what will you do if Shulk ends up being confirmed as a shocking assist trophy?
Go through the typical stages, denial, anger, sadness.... (I wish the death joke wasn't taken already)

But really, I'd be disappointed and maybe a tad annoyed for a little while but I'd move on and still enjoy the game. Also, I'd probably complain to friends whenever Shulk would spawn or we would talk about the roster

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
Go through the typical stages, denial, anger, sadness.... (I wish the death joke wasn't taken already)

But really, I'd be disappointed and maybe a tad annoyed for a little while but I'd move on and still enjoy the game. Also, I'd probably complain to friends whenever Shulk would spawn or we would talk about the roster
I would not bother to get the 3ds version right away

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
But seriously though, him being an Assist would at least make me think over buying the game. He is the only single character that I have wanted since the start of Smash 4 speculation, and he also has a great shot at actually making it.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Whine, moan, decide not to buy the game. For a few minutes anyway, then suck it up and keep my pre-order.
Good thing we don't have to worry about that!
Cause he's in the game :troll:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm not even worried at this point tbh. Voice actor tweets, Sakurai Monado tweet, Dev retweets, Nosferatu, Monolith helped with Brawl and several other games etc etc.

D

Deleted member

I would be massively disappointed and angry if he was an Assist Trophy. Shulk has so much moveset potential and he could bring so much with him... and they decide to make him an Assist Trophy? That would by far be the biggest missed opportunity for this game...

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I find it kind of funny to see that just when we are about to over take the K. Rool thread, they kind of deny giving us that title of second-biggest support thread.

I can kinda get a picture in my head. In which the title is actually a plate of cookies and the K. Rool supporters say "NOOOOOO, you can't have it!" *smash*

Ugh, I'm making absolutely no sense... I hope that Nintendo Direct is announced soon.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Do some people seriously not consider Shulk's popularity top 3 material? Because that's some BS right there. We have generated 226 pages since Monado monday.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the thread. Over on the right you'll see insanity unrelated to anything xenoblade, on the left, you'll see a little bit of actual discussion, and in the corner you'll see melia. Don't let her out of the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom