• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm dumb. I only just realized after about a month of owning the game that arts manuals have to be "read" in your inventory in order to go to intermediate level.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'm dumb. I only just realized after about a month of owning the game that arts manuals have to be "read" in your inventory in order to go to intermediate level.
...Everyone makes mistakes. There's actually a surprising amount of things you can miss in Xenoblade. Like when I freaking missed the place in Satorl Marsh with the Gogols.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I honestly do not get the comparison between Shulk and Robin since they literally look nothing alike. Different color hair, vastly different clothing, different swords. I guess their hairstyle does look similar. But in that case we might as well cut Jigglypuff since she looks like Kirby, in that they're both pink balls.

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Ladies and Gentlemen, I greet you as a fellow supporter of Shulk. To try to best understand the character before the reveal I see as a matter of when, not if, I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles and am about 96 hours into the game, over 400 quests done, at the point of Inner Bionis Second Visit. With the recent events, there is one thing I wanted to see people's opinions for.

With this being the Kirby Hat for Robin (possibly Male Robin solely, FemRobin having a different one)... what would Shulk's Kirby Hat be to help differentiate from this one? I feel that Shulk's hair is of a very similar style and a fairly similar shade. While a minor detail, it is still one that I feel is significant about how the character integrates into smash.
WE NEED SHULK
Ladies and Gentlemen, I greet you as a fellow supporter of Shulk. To try to best understand the character before the reveal I see as a matter of when, not if, I picked up Xenoblade Chronicles and am about 96 hours into the game, over 400 quests done, at the point of Inner Bionis Second Visit. With the recent events, there is one thing I wanted to see people's opinions for.

With this being the Kirby Hat for Robin (possibly Male Robin solely, FemRobin having a different one)... what would Shulk's Kirby Hat be to help differentiate from this one? I feel that Shulk's hair is of a very similar style and a fairly similar shade. While a minor detail, it is still one that I feel is significant about how the character integrates into smash.
Shulk is needed in this Game

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Then again, how many of these pages are on topic?

duckson.png
duckson.gif
reyntime.mp4

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I honestly do not get the comparison between Shulk and Robin since they literally look nothing alike. Different color hair, vastly different clothing, different swords. I guess their hairstyle does look similar. But in that case we might as well cut Jigglypuff since she looks like Kirby, in that they're both pink balls.
I actually thought that Jigglypuff was from the Kirby games when I first played the original Smash Bros., because I knew jack about either Pokemon or Kirby at that point in time. ^^"

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Oh wow, I just realized if the stance change thing is true then that means if Kirby copies Shulk he steals and entire gimmick.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow, I just realized if the stance change thing is true then that means if Kirby copies Shulk he steals and entire gimmick.
They might limit it. After all, Kirby can't perfectly copy Olimar's neutral special.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, like 90% of the posts in the K. Rool thread are just reposts of that one of us video.

#hyperbole

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Or Luma Shot.
I actually thought of Luma when I typed that, but I figured I would let someone else bring it up as it weakens my point.

Also, I'm not sure how Luma shot works as a copied ability to be honest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually thought of Luma when I typed that, but I thought I would let someone else bring it up as it weakens my point.

Also, I'm not sure how Luma shot works as a copied ability to be honest.
He summons a Luma which shoots forward and vanishes.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It still doesn't quite match up with the complexity of stat changing.... but I get your point.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
In terms of abilities that are relevant to Smash, very little. In terms of character, they're both intelligent individuals, both try to change the outcomes of the future and
they are both possessed by evil gods that they end up taking the fight to.
But yeah, I think Robin's inclusion means nothing on Shulk.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
In terms of abilities that are relevant to Smash, very little. In terms of character, they're both intelligent individuals, both try to change the outcomes of the future and
they are both possessed by evil gods that they end up taking the fight to.
But yeah, I think Robin's inclusion means nothing on Shulk.
Those end game spoilers are going to be spoiled for everyone that plays Smash 4 event matches. Just got that feeling.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ Xenado Xenado
If you want to add onto the conversation and no one has made a post after yours, please use the edit function. Just a reminder ;)

Those end game spoilers are going to be spoiled for everyone that plays Smash 4 event matches. Just got that feeling.
Could be worse.
Seven could always show up in THAT form
But yeah Xenoblade is going to get spoiled like FE13 and Mother 3.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ Xenado Xenado
If you want to add onto the conversation and no one has made a post after yours, please use the edit function. Just a reminder ;)

Could be worse.
Seven could always show up in THAT form
But yeah Xenoblade is going to get spoiled like FE13 and Mother 3.
I can't wait to see just how many spoilers are in Shulk's reveal trailer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can't wait to see just how many spoilers are in Shulk's reveal trailer.
If a certain 2nd newcomer I want that is from the same series and in the spoiler tag in my sig shows up, there'll most likely be that too. I can dream I think heavier spoilers are more likely to be in trophy descriptions (i.e. who the final boss is, I mean look at Lucas's trophy description in Brawl). And if there's an adventure mode for Wii U/certain bosses in Smash Run, that too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So yeah, I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but I had a weird idea. What if, whenever Shulk got a Smash Ball, the symbol in the middle of the Monado was the Smash insignia? I thought it would be kind of cool. I don't know all that much about the game. But if I'm not mistaken, Shulk's sword changes it's symbol whenever he uses a special attack right?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So yeah, I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but I had a weird idea. What if, whenever Shulk got a Smash Ball, the symbol in the middle of the Monado was the Smash insignia? I thought it would be kind of cool. I don't know all that much about the game. But if I'm not mistaken, Shulk's sword changes it's symbol whenever he uses a special attack right?
It depends on what his Final Smash is. Could be fun for when he is holding it, though.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I really like that idea, actually. Although I guess it does depend on what his FS is.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well, 90% of the posts in this thread are very strange memes.
And that will hopefully be cut down because it's spam by itself, right? ;)

That makes a large amount of sense. Vision eyes + Smash Art FS is cool.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't get why people compare Shulk and Robin even there hair don't look alike different bangs, hair color, hell even the hair length and the back of there hair is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom