• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
If X does have some major team based online multiplayer components, it may very well have clans or guilds or something to that effect. So I suggest we come up with some names. (I'm taking Nopon Mercenaries day one.)
The Mechon Mutilators?
The Deinos Disembowlers?
The Brog Backbreakers?
Something else that sounds like it's from mortal kombat?

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So, with Wario being leaked (although honestly who thought he was out) I can see them announcing another reveal stream tomorrow for Monday with Wario being the veteran revealed in the newcomer trailer. Question is though, who would be the newcomer? Some say K Rool since they're both fat greedy villains, but as much as I want K Rool if we get a new DK rep signs point to Dixie. Ridley I'm still assuming will be the last newcomer reveal. I can see a RH rep being in the same trailer as Wario since Rhythm Heaven an WarioWare are from the same developer. But, how would Wario seriously work in a Shulk reveal trailer? I do have an idea but it's gonna be a spoiler
Mario and several other Nintendo characters are fighting a face mechon. The face mechon gets the upper hand. All the heroes are down, hurt. The cockpit of the mechon opens up and Wario is inside. He's about to finish off the heroes when Shulk dives from the sky, slashes the mechon, turns around and says "sorry to keep you waiting", Shulks engages the enemy or whatever pun they'll use, cue Shulk being awesome montage. Then maybe at the end of the trailer the heroes are celebrating with Shulk then he notices off in the distance a ROB minding it's own business and he chases it down.
eh? EH?

But yeah i'm hoping for a announcement on Miiverse tomorrow, since they probably won't reveal anything at Comic Con (it's not a Nintendo thing to do) and I doubt they would do a newcomer reveal stream only once.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, Wario was leaked? Can someone show me where? (i've been busy today and not at the computer much, plus intermittent internet)

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/233764-eshop-listing-says-wario-is-in-smash-bros-3ds
This is all you need to know.

I hope that we see Wario tomorrow; it would be about damn time too. I think that Wario would be a random reveal; not part of a reveal alongside a newcomer.
I feel like at this point any veteran will be revealed along with a newcomer. Plus Wario makes a lot of sense being revealed alongside a RH rep since RH and WarioWare are from the same developer/director. Or, y'know Shulk *wink wink nudge nudge*

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think if Wario were to be revealed alongside a newcomer, it'd probably be the Chorus Kids/Marshal/some other Rhythm Heaven rep. Falco/Wolf/Meta Knight/Ness would work better alongside Shulk, in fact in my...Seven thread, I have a (dual) reveal trailer idea on the first page with Falco, Wolf and Meta Knight as the vet reveals (although maybe 3 vets in a two-newcomer trailer may be stretching it..)

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I think if Wario were to be revealed alongside a newcomer, it'd probably be the Chorus Kids/Marshal/some other Rhythm Heaven rep. Falco/Wolf/Meta Knight/Ness would work better alongside Shulk, in fact in my...Seven thread, I have a (dual) reveal trailer idea on the first page with Falco, Wolf and Meta Knight as the vet reveals (although maybe 3 vets in a two-newcomer trailer may be stretching it..)

Edit: :4greninja:'d
Yeah, I agree.
I think the issue with most of the predictions these days is that everything is super condensed. 2 newcomers and a vet, maybe two, in a trailer, I can buy, but more then that just seems thrown together. I honestly don't think that Sakurai will reveal every single character in the game before it comes out. I think we'll have a couple vets secret and maybe even a couple secret newcomers, but not every single character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I agree.
I think the issue with most of the predictions these days is that everything is super condensed. 2 newcomers and a vet, maybe two, in a trailer, I can buy, but more then that just seems thrown together. I honestly don't think that Sakurai will reveal every single character in the game before it comes out. I think we'll have a couple vets secret and maybe even a couple secret newcomers, but not every single character.
Well, I think he remembers the time those SSE cutscenes were leaked, and is revealing veterans that are so-called "secret" (Toon Link, Lucario, Captain Falcon, Luigi) so as to deter those who like to poke around too much. *shrug* Wouldn't be surprised if Ness is revealed for the upcoming MOTHER anniversary later this month.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
kind of funny how nintendos tries so hard to avoid leaks getting out but then they let wario slip through on the 3ds smash bros

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think he remembers the time those SSE cutscenes were leaked, and is revealing veterans that are so-called "secret" (Toon Link, Lucario, Captain Falcon, Luigi) so as to deter those who like to poke around too much. *shrug* Wouldn't be surprised if Ness is revealed for the upcoming MOTHER anniversary later this month.
Really? What day is the anniversary?

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Anyone know of some Xenoblade remixes? I know the originals are amazing but its always nice to hear variations

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Anyone know of some Xenoblade remixes? I know the originals are amazing but its always nice to hear variations
You, sir, have come to the right place.
^(this one takes a minute to become recognizable)
http://nicoviewer.net/sm20561527 - Music Box Main Theme
http://nicoviewer.net/sm23039508 - NES Those Who Bear Their Name/You Will Know Our Names
http://nicoviewer.net/nm20776098 - Everyday Piano Arrangement
http://nicoviewer.net/nm15511663 - NES Colony 9
^refugee camp! I'm so glad I found this, I love this song

For the Japanese ones, I made the link from Nicoviewer so you don't need to make a NicoNico account.

There will be even more coming to the youtubes soon! Once I get my new mic I'm going to record a French Horn/Piano duet of Memories. Then, I'll probably record my Those Who Bear Their Name piano solo. I can't wait =]

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Am I the only person who wants Riki more than Shulk?
I'm sure that Riki is loved by most Xenoblade fans, but Shulk wins out for Smash inclusion because he is the main protagonist.

Speaking of Riki...

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm sure that Riki is loved by most Xenoblade fans, but Shulk wins out for Smash inclusion because he is the main protagonist
I dunno, I wouldn't say I'm Riki's biggest fan. He has his funny/cute moments, but his character really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

I mean, come on. When Melia's father is run through and dies in her arms, all Riki cares about is food. Really? I don't care that the Nopon are written to be childlike. Even a child should know better. And the Nopon damn well have a grasp of death, so it's not like he doesn't understand what just happened. That scene really turned me off from Riki's character, I'm sorry. I don't begrudge people who like him, but I can't bring myself to.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I wouldn't say I'm Riki's biggest fan. He has his funny/cute moments, but his character really rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

I mean, come on. When Melia's father is run through and dies in her arms, all Riki cares about is food. Really? I don't care that the Nopon are written to be childlike. Even a child should know better. And the Nopon damn well have a grasp of death, so it's not like he doesn't understand what just happened. That scene really turned me off from Riki's character, I'm sorry. I don't begrudge people who like him, but I can't bring myself to.
I can see that. I like Riki personally for certain Heart-to-Hearts and cutscenes in the game, and totally not just because of all his debuffs-*cough*
But the scene you brought up was easily his worst one. That's the one point where I still go "Really!?"

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice

Heropon eat to forget bad thing...

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I can see that. I like Riki personally for certain Heart-to-Hearts and cutscenes in the game, and totally not just because of all his debuffs-*cough*
But the scene you brought up was easily his worst one. That's the one point where I still go "Really!?"
Wasn't that scene created to be that jarring? I mean, I believe I read something about the developers saying that they wanted to have someone so cute say something so heartless. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom