• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Well, i'd say it gives Initial Tension, which is the closest thing to "Ready" the game has.
Speaking of tension, I never noticed the effects of it too much when everyone has high tension. But when someone has low tension, all I see from them is missing. Does tension affect anything besides accuracy?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Speaking of tension, I never noticed the effects of it too much when everyone has high tension. But when someone has low tension, all I see from them is missing. Does tension affect anything besides accuracy?
Critical Hit ratio, I know that much. I think it boosts how fast the party guage fills, as well.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
High tension also enables you to use very specific arts on certain characters.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for filling me in, but now do you think tension could be implemented into Shulk? Even something simple, like depending on Shulk's lead on the opponent (or how far behind) his character portrait would change.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Thanks for filling me in, but now do you think tension could be implemented into Shulk? Even something simple, like depending on Shulk's lead on the opponent (or how far behind) his character portrait would change.
That would be an insane level of detail, but it would also be freaking awesome!

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Almost how the Tales series characters' battle portraits change. That would be pretty nice, blatantly fanservicy and, I believe, more effort Sakurai's put into a single character than any others in the past. Unless, of course, I'm wrong.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
what if that's how they set him apart from everyone else depending on his tension he either gets stronger or weaker

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
15 minutes without a post? This thread has truly died.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It's Shulk's alt in Smash 4. Duh.

NotlikeIwasjusttryingthingsoutontheimageboardundertheexcuseoftestingoutadifferentwayofpostingthingsjustsoIcouldputuprandomnonXenopics.
Put the monado in and then it will be perfect.

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Original text:

"Shulk for Smash Bros."

After 35 random translations:

"The new rooms are refurbished."

. . .Does that mean we have to get a new rallying cry, now?

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Original text:

"Xenoblade Chronicles"

...35 translations later, Bing gives us:

"Xenoblad the story of friendship."

This is too hilarious. Thank you based @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What type of character do you guys think would give Shulk the most trouble? Things like Zoners, Rangers, Speedsters, Tricksters etc.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
...what have I done?
the thread is even more off-topic now
somebody suggest a gameplay mechanic, quck!
friendship mechanic: if shulk and ike are in same match the friendship is too stron because ike fites for his fries and shulk is from xenoblad the story of friendship

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What type of character do you guys think would give Shulk the most trouble? Things like Zoners, Rangers, Speedsters, Tricksters etc.
Too hard to say right now. I need to see him in action first.

D

Deleted member

It's hard to say at this point since we haven't seen gameplay of Shulk yet.
My idea for Shulk is that all of his attacks cover a great range, but he is left wide open. So, I think speedy characters like Meta Knight may do a number on him.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Thank you!
I don't really know what those mean though so I'mma let everyone else discuss that.
Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Another thing detractors say about Shulk is why are you so confident Shulk is playable when there's been no clue or hints (in other words anything shown in game). But honestly that's probably the best reason as to why Shulk is playable. Think about it. Xenoblade is a new first party IP from the Wii era, about to get a sequel. If Shulk isn't playable isn't it odd then that we've seen nothing Xenoblade related. Sakurai at least knows of it's existence, he's friends with the developers and worked with them in the past, so if Shulk wasn't playable we would of seen something by now. A trophy, assist trophy, something, anything and yet nothing. But Wonder Red has a trophy and that came out last year, Steel Diver has a item, Captain Rainbow, one of the most obscure Nintendo games ever, has a trophy, but yet nothing Xenoblade related. Heck Rayman, a character from a company that's barely supporting Nintendo is in the game, but no Xenoblade. Now of course Sakurai could still show Shulk as a assist trophy sometime before September, but I doubt it. If he's holding out on Xenoblade representation for this long it has to mean something.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think heavy hitters type of characters would give Shulk the most trouble, if he turn out to be a glass canon.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This thread is crazy.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh my god you're not even speaking in English anymore.
Sorry for that little outburst of stupid. Regarding Shulk, I could totally see him being a glass cannon, just like in xenoblade.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think as said resistors will give him the hardest time if he plays like a glass cannon like I think he will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom