• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I still think Snake or one of the Earthbound kids could be fun in Shulk's reveal trailer, but I think Mewtwo would be best. It would be extra hype for those that aren't familiar with Xenoblade, and it could feature Mewtwo wrecking people only for Shulk to stop him. We all know Monado Purge > Telepathy.

(Slight Spoilers in that it's a cutscene from the game, but no real story spoilers)

I was thinking the same thing. I would want Ness in Shulk's trailer they are very similar. I Snake deserves his very own trailer. Mewtwo will probably be a secret character

D

Deleted member

Oh my god. I just noticed that we beat the quest in the OP.

Only one question remains at this point:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
OMG... DID I miss the show!?
GUYS YOU MAKE IT TO 200 PAGES Yoo-hoo!!! (I feel like a slowpoke, anyway congrats everyone.)
I still watching all those Photoshop photos, their freaking Hilarius!

But what music I want from Xenoblade Cronicles is the Unfinished Battle, That my favorite one but in reality I want they add every battle theme because each battle theme is just simply amazing and that something I can't be miss.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
whoops I didn't know you was making one too? I guested I should have checked first.:laugh:
It's cool, don't worry about it! You did a great job at drawing it (and not getting the characters mixed up) anyway!

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just looked in my pictures folder, and the files were set up in this order, no joke:

Someone definitely needs to take that picture on the right and put Shulk's face in the window.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
You know what's odd? I've never actually gone to the official Xenoblade home page until today.

http://xenobladechronicles.nintendo.com/index.html

It's funny that Kallian and the Emperor have listed ages in the characters bio section, but Melia doesn't.
(I know I'm replying a billion posts later shhhhhhh)

I noticed a strange mistake on Dunban's bio, so I went ahead and fixed that for them.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
(I know I'm replying a billion posts later shhhhhhh)

I noticed a strange mistake on Dunban's bio, so I went ahead and fixed that for them.

This will always be my follow-up to that line.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Oh god now I REALLY want Shulk in. Not that he has a unique moveset, tons of stage and music potential, represents a young and growing series or anything like that...it's so I can finish my Shulk x Hades slash fic in the subfourm. C'mon #AlvisAugust!

You think since CoroCoro is showing the entire strating roster in their book Nintendo would actually show the last two trailers (i'm assuming there will be two more) before the book comes out, as opposed to the one in August and one in September right before release that I also kept mentioning? I can see one more livestream like one Monday and one during a Direct.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I'm guessing that I am not the only one who has a tab of this thread up at all times?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh god now I REALLY want Shulk in. Not that he has a unique moveset, tons of stage and music potential, represents a young and growing series or anything like that...it's so I can finish my Shulk x Hades slash fic in the subfourm. C'mon #AlvisAugust!

You think since CoroCoro is showing the entire strating roster in their book Nintendo would actually show the last two trailers (i'm assuming there will be two more) before the book comes out, as opposed to the one in August and one in September right before release that I also kept mentioning? I can see one more livestream like one Monday and one during a Direct.
I... wouldn't trust CoroCoro they missed a crap ton of characters when they ''Revealed" Brawl's roster.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

In an hour we get an announcement for another Monday reveal. It'll make Monday the traditional newcomer day, to make Mondays a bit less crap.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
How does one post pictures without a picture's URL?
You upload it to a site like photobucket, imgur etc, after it's uploaded you right click on the picture and click view image, then you link THAT url. Confusing in the beginning, I know.

D

Deleted member

What if not all newcomers are starter?

Also Olimar was starter in Brawl, and he wasn't shown when Corocoro "revealed" the roster for that game

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
So I'm guessing that I am not the only one who has a tab of this thread up at all times?
I do. I tune in every now and then to see how its going.
In an hour we get an announcement for another Monday reveal. It'll make Monday the traditional newcomer day, to make Mondays a bit less crap.
If we get another reveal next Monday I will freak out. Its really unlikely, but... two weeks in a row would be amazing.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

That or it'll end up evidence that Sakurai has revealed hidden characters. Which is a likely possibility.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I hereby bring to you:

Shulk, Ace Attorney!

Feel free to use this in arguments against Shulk detractors.
I also know that @Groose likes doing Phoenix Wright posts, so if you ever feel like using this, go right ahead.
But credit would be appreciated
This is perfect! I'm definitely going to use this when I present my arguments for Shulk when he comes up in the Rate Their Chances thread.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
BLARGHLYARGHL

Aw man. Do I have to get an account to do something like that?
Not for Imgur, no. and I usually copy the link they have in forum code (edit: well that attempt at showing you the code didn't work and I'm too lazy to show it to you properly) on the sidebar when I upload to Imgur and then paste it here. It's pretty easy.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Ah, part of me wishes CoroCoro would actually show the starting roster so it would force Nintendo to put out those trailers sooner because I WANT TO SEE SHULK ALREADY! I don't know if I can wait another month...

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

They actually specified they're not showing anything not already known
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2azuid/the_text_for_smash_bros_on_the_coro_coro_website/

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Not for Imgur, no. and I usually copy the link they have in forum code (
) on the side bar when I upload to Imgur and then paste it here. It's pretty easy.
I will just stick to using photobucket though. Because I am already used to it and I'm lazy.
Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3
Oh god, this is great!

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

Unfortunately, Corocoro have clarified- they're only showing revealed characters. At least that means the trailers will still be surprises.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Unfortunately, Corocoro have clarified- they're only showing revealed characters. At least that means the trailers will still be surprises.
I definitely prefer it this way. Can't wait for Shulks glorious CGI trailer!

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I will just stick to using photobucket though. Because I am already used to it and I'm lazy.
Oh god, this is great!
I found it on Tumblr, thought it was amazing and decided to save it. Tried to post it in an earlier post, but it couldn't work. Went back to Tumblr, found the image, checked its image details, found the url. It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom