• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to do the reveal as a gift for Xenoblade Chronicles' 3rd European release anniversary. A man can dream, amirite?
I see a lot of people expecting Ridley next month due to Metroid's anniversary, so knowing Sakurai he may surprise us. Or maybe he'll do something unexpected and have TWO newcomer videos in August. Or hey maybe one more this month, who's to say?

Somebody claimed to see a Mechon trophy in the Smash Run demo, but it was never found in pictures.

Regardless, there's still quite a bit of evidence pointing towards Shulk. So don't worry guys. It's going to happen eventually.
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't several members of the press confirm on Twitter that they saw a mechon trophy or is it just one guy? If it's the former I doubt all of them would lie just to mess with Shulk fans. Also, as many videos of Smash from E3 as there is there's still a possibility not evertyhing got recorded. Of all the videos out there I think Shadow's assist trophy was shown twice and other confirmed assist trophies weren't shown at all. So it is possible that there simply is no footage due to the unpredictably of it being shown.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I apologize if my ignorance offends. I am not the Sakurai. I do not know all. (This is if the above is sarcastic. If not, then please ignore it)

Oho! Another victory to be stolen?!
Meh, no prob, no prob. Whatever happens happens.

Speaking of not knowing all the things that are posted earlier, has there been a discussion of Shulk's moveset using the customizable actions? 'Cuz then we've got a lot more options. Like, Neutral B could normally be Monado Buster, and the custom options are Back Slash or Monado Purge.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I see a lot of people expecting Ridley next month due to Metroid's anniversary, so knowing Sakurai he may surprise us. Or maybe he'll do something unexpected and have TWO newcomer videos in August. Or hey maybe one more this month, who's to say?
There is always the chance that we could have another full-fledged Smash Bros. Direct next month. That would be one way to work in multiple character reveals.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't several members of the press confirm on Twitter that they saw a mechon trophy or is it just one guy? If it's the former I doubt all of them would lie just to mess with Shulk fans. Also, as many videos of Smash from E3 as there is there's still a possibility not evertyhing got recorded. Of all the videos out there I think Shadow's assist trophy was shown twice and other confirmed assist trophies weren't shown at all. So it is possible that there simply is no footage due to the unpredictably of it being shown.
I didn't hear about that. If that's true then it certainly is very strong evidence. Maybe someone could confirm this.

Also, this is officially my 100th post on Smashboards \o/ I'm honored to say that my 100th post was made here in this thread. Moosey love his Hom-Hom friends ^_^

Last edited:

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
I didn't hear about that. If that's true then it certainly is very strong evidence. Maybe someone could confirm this.

Also, this is officially my 100th post on Smashboards \o/ I'm honored to say that my 100th post was made here in this thread. Moosey love his Hom-Hom friends ^_^
Congragdulations! This is my 14th, so . . . Um, yay?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Done! Once again, I regret nothing!

Last edited:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman

Honestly I already expect some representation from Xenoblade, whether it be stages or trophies. And Sakurai showed us that anyone can get Chrom'd. ><
<3 Shulk he won't do that to you baby

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Honestly I already expect some representation from Xenoblade, whether it be stages or trophies. And Sakurai showed us that anyone can get Chrom'd. ><
<3 Shulk he won't do that to you baby
Shulk is definitely safer than Chrom in that regard. He has no feasible competition for a franchise spot. And I can't imagine that Xenoblade would get anything without getting a playable rep, especially since Shulk would fit in so well.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

I... what is this feeling welling up inside me?
Could this be... love?
Could this be... true art appreciation?
I know thee not, but yet... I see thee still.

The win had been given to @Solfiner ...

NEW WINNER! COMPLETE SET! RIKI IS SHULKING HAPPY! YOUR AWARD IS...

No award could ever be worth such art. I can only give my undying gratitude.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Shulk is definitely safer than Chrom in that regard. He has no feasible competition for a franchise spot. And I can't imagine that Xenoblade would get anything without getting a playable rep, especially since Shulk would fit in so well.
That and I wouldn't even mind if we got ANY Xenoblade rep. Which reminds me, here's a hilarious post from gamefaqs by IAmMC2, it's hilarious:

I can just see Shulk's trailer now

*Smash slice*

*Dynamic zoom view of the Gaur plains*

*Suddenly Shulk is seen running into battle with You Will Know Our Names blasting in the background, Monado in hand*

*The music stops dead as Shulk gets cold-cocked in the face by a familiar gloved hand with a menacing aura of purple*

*The camera zooms out to show Ganondorf, arms crossed and laughing arrogantly. He raises his leg and brings his foot crushing down onto the side of Shulk's face as the camera zooms in to get a view of his agony. Ganon raises his sword to finish him when...*

NOW IT'S REYN TIME

*REYN
*insert catchphrase here*

*The music switches to Unfinished Battle as Reyn gameplay is shown, complete with WHAT A BUNCHA JOKAKHS taunt*

SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U AND 3DS

*Shot of Shulk still lying on the ground, coughing and barely moving. "I definitely....can't do this..." he says*

*Screen cuts to gameplay of Reyn getting an assist trophy and Shulk coming out*

SURE YOU CAN.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793

NOTHING IS SACRED TO THE SAKURAI.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
It's my puns, isn't it? You only love me for my puns! D:

I didn't mean to backslash the other competitors twice in one day, I swear!
D: Whatever gave you that idea?! Puns alone cannot create art and happiness like this!

they help a lot though

The other competitors seem cool with losing too...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I wonder what Sakurai reaction will be if he saw these.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Mother 2's anniversary, Xenoblade's anniversary, and Metroid's anniversary in the same month...

I really do hope we get a Shulk versus Ridley versus Ness/Lucas trailer....

Think about it. Most popular Western vs Most popular Eastern vs the Mother franchise which is kinda popular in both Come on Mother 3

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Clearly Juju is the superior rep. Who needs future-sight laser swords when you have a buggy?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Also, I've been poking around the other character threads...

Ridley thread is exploding with hype.
Chrom thread, surprisingly, is rallying behind the call of a DLC Chrom. It's no longer depressing over there.
Krystal thread is very positive.
K. Rool thread is super hype.

In fact, every thread is now super positive and I'm loving it.

But Shulk's gonna take that character spot first :demon:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I just finished my second run of Xenoblade and just wow... Game is still amazing. I may type up an article or something about it. Just some thoughts if anyone wants to join in this spoiler filled discussion:

In the ending Shulk and Fiora talk about exploring new worlds and don't they go to a new world or something in the X trailer? I need to watch the trailer again. Hopefully they have some sort of cameo or even a minor role in the story. Would be a shame for the cast to not show up again after everything in the first game, especially Melia. There certainly are paths for a sequel, although I'm not sure how they plan on topping Xenoblade.

Also, the final area of the game in space is so cool. No one really talks about it but it is a big spoiler. I completely forgot it had its own unique battle music, which I'm going to look up after this. Does anyone have any theories behind the spirit bosses? I love the concept of refighting foes like that, but I was just trying to figure out why you fight them again.

Beyond the Sky is a nice touch to the epilogue. I'm a big fan of happy endings and was glad it all worked out well for the most part.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I just finished my second run of Xenoblade and just wow... Game is still amazing. I may type up an article or something about it. Just some thoughts if anyone wants to join in this spoiler filled discussion:

In the ending Shulk and Fiora talk about exploring new worlds and don't they go to a new world or something in the X trailer? I need to watch the trailer again. Hopefully they have some sort of cameo or even a minor role in the story. Would be a shame for the cast to not show up again after everything in the first game, especially Melia. There certainly are paths for a sequel, although I'm not sure how they plan on topping Xenoblade.

Also, the final area of the game in space is so cool. No one really talks about it but it is a big spoiler. I completely forgot it had its own unique battle music, which I'm going to look up after this. Does anyone have any theories behind the spirit bosses? I love the concept of refighting foes like that, but I was just trying to figure out why you fight them again.

Beyond the Sky is a nice touch to the epilogue. I'm a big fan of happy endings and was glad it all worked out well for the most part.
I think so. At the end, Shulk and the rest are on land that previously didn't exist, implying that he remade the universe into a place where it was more than just the Bionis and the Mechonis. My guess is that they need to leave their new Earth after going through all its resources and have to find a new planet. Or they could be on the same planet and Shulk only remade that planet, meaning other humans existed far away into space, escaping Klaus' experiment. There's a whole lot up in the air and I love it.

Pretty sure they plan on topping it with new races, a bigger world, giant robots, flying giant robots, space... I'm down for it all. There's a chance of Shulk possibly being it because, well, becoming a god (even if he denied it) could have provided him some sort of longevity. But it's a stretch.

I think the spirit bosses were Alvis' influence, reminding Shulk of where he's been and what he's done to get to this point while simultaneously testing him one last time to see if he was ready.

I love the ending music too :) I need to watch that trailer again too.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, I've been poking around the other character threads...

Ridley thread is exploding with hype.
Chrom thread, surprisingly, is rallying behind the call of a DLC Chrom. It's no longer depressing over there.
Krystal thread is very positive.
K. Rool thread is super hype.

In fact, every thread is now super positive and I'm loving it.

But Shulk's gonna take that character spot first :demon:
It's glorious. Like I said before, Robin truly breathed new life into the forums, and gave everyone hope for the roster. (Honestly at this point I'd be fine if the only other character was Shulk....newcomer I mean.)

I dunno if he's next. If he's in (I have to say that, even if I think he's in.) I don't think they'd follow two humans with swords up with a Homs with a sword.

I kind of expect the Rhythm Heaven rep next. If Ridley's in though, I expect him last. I only expect at most three more trailers, but at least two.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
It's glorious. Like I said before, Robin truly breathed new life into the forums, and gave everyone hope for the roster. (Honestly at this point I'd be fine if the only other character was Shulk....newcomer I mean.)

I dunno if he's next. If he's in (I have to say that, even if I think he's in.) I don't think they'd follow two humans with swords up with a Homs with a sword.

I kind of expect the Rhythm Heaven rep next. If Ridley's in though, I expect him last. I only expect at most three more trailers, but at least two.
I'm not sure he's next either, but my hype won't let me accept that fact. I'll hype down soon... hopefully. You make a good point too. Rhythm Heaven character would break things up. I do love a good wtf chracter with a unique moveset. Ridley has to be last, though. And it's still entirely possible that if Shulk is in, we won't know until after the game is released.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Eh, why not? (It's not good at all, but I did it anyway)
I also did 2 more, one mandatory Hades edit and the other... well...
View attachment 18361
Sorry in advance, but I think I may have accidentally reported this. My phone glitches and tricked me into hitting the button. Any mod that sees this, it was an accident, I swear.

Or maybe I should report it. For killing people with hilarity xD

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Sorry in advance, but I think I may have accidentally reported this. My phone glitches and tricked me into hitting the button. Any mod that sees this, it was an accident, I swear.

Or maybe I should report it. For killing people with hilarity xD
Heh, it's ok. As long as I don't somehow get infractions for this.
By the way...
How come nobody's done edits of Zanza yet? Give me a moment, I'm tempted to actually put Juju's face on Zanza.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Eh, why not? (It's not good at all, but I did it anyway)
I also did 2 more, one mandatory Hades edit and the other... well...
View attachment 18361
Juju and Mumkhar as one being?

...The Ultimate Lifeform, Mumkuku for Smash?

Edit: 200th Post! Boy am I glad it was here with the Xenosiblings of the Bronado/Lemonado/Banado!

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think so. At the end, Shulk and the rest are on land that previously didn't exist, implying that he remade the universe into a place where it was more than just the Bionis and the Mechonis. My guess is that they need to leave their new Earth after going through all its resources and have to find a new planet. Or they could be on the same planet and Shulk only remade that planet, meaning other humans existed far away into space, escaping Klaus' experiment. There's a whole lot up in the air and I love it.

Pretty sure they plan on topping it with new races, a bigger world, giant robots, flying giant robots, space... I'm down for it all. There's a chance of Shulk possibly being it because, well, becoming a god (even if he denied it) could have provided him some sort of longevity. But it's a stretch.

I think the spirit bosses were Alvis' influence, reminding Shulk of where he's been and what he's done to get to this point while simultaneously testing him one last time to see if he was ready.

I love the ending music too :) I need to watch that trailer again too.
Yeah, some of the area looked like Colony 9, but it definitely was something new. I'm hoping the planet they travel to happens to be the one Shulk and friends are living on. However that raises the question of is this in the future and if so how far. I wasn't a fan of how Golden Sun jumped in time and Isaac and co were old, so I'm hoping it won't be something similar here. An ending with ambiguity is typically nice since it leaves a lot open to the individual.

I'm psyched to ride in the mechs. Wasn't there something about creature damage in the new game confirmed? Overall it looks very promising. I didn't really watch the E3 demo since I like to go into things as blind as possible, but the trailers thus far got me excited. Keeping the same gameplay is fine by me since it worked so well. I'm guessing the vision mechanic is gone unless Shulk comes back. Shulk is a God but I don't know if his wish for a world without Gods canceled that out, like you said.

Interesting theory. I like it. Reflecting on the past to ensure a better future.

I wonder if anyone was bothered by Fiora turning back into a homs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom