• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Third party teasing. It's going to be a joint Shulk and Bomberman reveal, and I will have the most relevant avatar EVER.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Believe in the power of the Monado! Believe in #MonadoMonday

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Here's a random thought: since we now have third party trophies (sorry guys but if Rayman was playable they wouldn't show him before the reveal), what about Xenosaga trophies? I mean it was developed by Monolith and Namco is helping make the game so it doesn't seem too far off. Ah, I can imagine a high quality KOS-MOS trophy now...

And who needs sleep when you got hype?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
We can't say Rayman's not playable until today's stream is over. Just remember, Sakurai is unpredictable. He can change things up however he wants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

5 hours left.

Obligatory ultimate hype track:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
I CANNOT CONTAIN THE HYPE!!!!!
Also, I assume this goes without saying but I'd like to be on the supporters list :3

domokl

Smash Lord
Its looking like shulk vs rayman so far so come on!believe in the monado!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, I finally caught up and all
I have to say is

LET'S F**KING GO!!

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
4 hours left!!
THIS IS THE POWER OF THE MONADO!
WE CHOOSE TO HYPE!

God I can't wait

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I still strongly believe in Shulk, there's too much in his favour.

A random unveiling of a Rayman trophy can't compare to that. (Sorry Rayman)

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Saw this in Chugga's twitter feed, and thought it was rather amusing.
Turns out one of the sidequests has some awfully picky requirements to start it.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I still strongly believe in Shulk, there's too much in his favour.

A random unveiling of a Rayman trophy can't compare to that. (Sorry Rayman)
But all this situation is weird, it seems that Sakurai wants to make this character reveal easy to predict (but a trap, at the end). I think that Shulk, Chrom or Chorus Men are the most obvious characters. But im really hoping to see another character, anyone. That would mean that the roster is atleast one number bigger.

And Sakurai is the man that can do that.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
There's bound to be one person watching the stream thinking they'll show Rayman, then Shulk appears and that person will think "Oh come on, ANOTHER Fire Emblem character".

These are the things I think about when i'm sleep deprived.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
There's bound to be one person watching the stream thinking they'll show Rayman, then Shulk appears and that person will think "Oh come on, ANOTHER Fire Emblem character".

And then, suddenly You will know our names starts playing in the trailer! Their puny brains cannot handle the hype and thus they explode.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

"Oh my god, they included another cute boy to the series. MUST. DRAW. YAOI OF IT!"

Alternatively

"IZ THAT THE BAD GUY FROM THE STAR WARS???"

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I actually saw a comment on a news article (about Monday) the other day and they said they didn't really want Shulk or Chrom but they're still supporting them for The Fire Emblem fans.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, midnight just hit for me a few minutes ago, so I figured I'd go ahead and handle this. If you have a thread you wanna call "dibs" on to make, let me know.

As of now:

Hokori (Me) - Shulk's Moveset Analysis/Discussion
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon - Shulk Image Gallery & Shulk Reveal Reaction
@Banjodorf - Shulk Main Social & Shulk Custom Moveset
@DaDavid - Shulk/Xenoblade Stage Discussion
@ MooseSmuggler MooseSmuggler - Shulk/Xenoblade Videos

Updated.

3 hours remain!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Rayman is not gonna happen, Sakurai has clearly stated that he will not include just any third party, and we already have three of them. Well, thats my opinion anyway.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Rayman is not gonna happen, Sakurai has clearly stated that he will not include just any third party, and we already have three of them. Well, thats my opinion anyway.
He has reasons. Plus, why even have a trophy?

Can't say he won't happen till later. Just like any other potential character.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
He has reasons. Plus, why even have a trophy?

Can't say he won't happen till later. Just like any other potential character.
While that is true, I just don't see it happening. Of course people are allowed to support whoever they want, and I will never look down on someones opinion.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Not trying to be mean or anything about this "Monado Monday" thingy... but:

Sakurai:
«In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, THEY SENT US DATA OF A BRAND NEW 3D MODEL THAT THEY RENDERED FOR THIS GAME!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!»

Is this hinting towards an Ubisoft Monday rather than a Monado Monday? ;)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Not trying to be mean or anything about this "Monado Monday" thingy... but:

Sakurai:
«In order to make Rayman's trophy, we asked Ubisoft to share their references. We were expecting to receive 2D drawing references for Rayman, but to our surprise, THEY SENT US DATA OF A BRAND NEW 3D MODEL THAT THEY RENDERED FOR THIS GAME!! And that was how this trophy was created. It takes a lot of work creating each model, so it's wonderful that the creators contributed their own efforts!!»

Is this hinting towards an Ubisoft Monday rather than a Monado Monday? ;)
Well, it could go both ways (It is Sakurai we are talking about after all) but at the same time Pit had a 3D model in melee, as well as countless other non-playables.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I swear Sakurai looked at us and said "They're all too calm and happy!" then walked over to a cauldron and started concocting a Rayman trophy while cackling.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I swear Sakurai looked at us and said "They're all too calm and happy!" then walked over to a cauldron and started concocting a Rayman trophy while cackling.
Inb4 today's reveal turns out to be a completely different character no one actually wants. :laugh:

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Remember when everybody was saying Shulk would be too obvious? This is Sakurai making sure he isn't.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Remember when everybody was saying Shulk would be too obvious? This is Sakurai making sure he isn't.
Considering the Sal Romano thing that happened, i'm not worried one bit about Shulk. Because even if he isn't revealed today, he surely will be in the final game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom