• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, midnight just hit for me a few minutes ago, so I figured I'd go ahead and handle this. If you have a thread you wanna call "dibs" on to make, let me know.

As of now:

Hokori (Me) - Shulk's Moveset Analysis/Discussion
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon - Shulk Image Gallery & Shulk Reveal Reaction

That's all so far I believe.
I'll gladly take "dibs" on the Shulk Main Social Thread or the Custom Move Discussion Thread.

Only one though. I don't want to step on someone elses' fun if they want it more!

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
The Xenoblade stage in particular would be fine in the sub-forum, potential hazards, music, all that kind of stuff could be discussed in that thread. As for Assist Trophies, that may have to take place in the social for awhile since it's not exactly Shulk specific. The Xenoblade stage wouldn't exactly be Shulk specific either, but it'll be known as Shulk's home turf.
Makes sense.

Well if we're really doing this dibs calling thing then I'd like to make sure that stage topic gets made, as well as a custom moves specific topic if that doesn't fall under the general move-set analysis topic.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I'm kind of confused. I thought that the Gematsu leaks were emailed to the owner of Gematsu. Why is it being posted through smashboards? Can someone explain how it is known that the person behind the salromano account is the owner of Gematsu?

The reason for my questioning is if Shulk is not announced tomorrow then people would see the Gematsu leak as disproven. This could be a possible motive for a fake who dislikes Shulk or other characters in the Gematsu leak.

Also, after a look at the account's posts, the only other prediction made through smashboards is the one saying Lucas is 'probably' out (which is a little weird because you would have thought that these decisions would have been made a long time ago).

Anyways, if the connection between the account and the head of gematsu has been proven, please forgive my lack of knowledge... However, if the connection has not been proven, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.
On Gematsu, someone commented "I think someone is trying to be you on smash boards." He linked a post from that account.

Sal responded and said "Nope, that's me."

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Makes sense.

Well if we're really doing this dibs calling thing then I'd like to make sure that stage topic gets made, as well as a custom moves specific topic if that doesn't fall under the general move-set analysis topic.
I'll put you up for the stage topic, already assigned @ Banjodorf Banjodorf to custom moveset.

As of now:

@ Banjodorf Banjodorf - Shulk Main Social & Shulk Custom Moveset
@ DaDavid DaDavid - Shulk/Xenoblade Stage Discussion

Currently.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
My Ducreux picture is superior in its photo-shopping quality.

Shulk looks cool. Never played Xenoblade and know nothing about him, but I'm willing to learn.
Well, I ripped mine off the internet. I can't afford Photoshop. :(

I highly recommend you pick up Xenoblade. If you can get a copy, of course.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
SAL HAS SPOKEN. Okay, I'm going to bed right now with visions of Shulk-ugar plums dancing, but i'll be up for work tomorrow to start my shift at 9AM. And since i'm on the east coast, I'll be on shortly after the 10AM reveal to laugh it up with you all. CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR OWN SUB-FORUM! #MONADOMONDAY #NEVERFORGET #REYNTIME

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=412SzyG77m4
2:06... I mentioned this in the thread thing. And you know what? SHULKED!
I don't get it, you trying to just mention that maybe we're getting faked out?

It's possible, but honestly there's much more reason to think that we're getting Shulk tomorrow than there was to think we were getting Diddy back in that February Direct.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
On the off chance that Shulk isn't the character revealed tomorrow, I'll just go ahead and link this here.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly even if it's not him, it's pretty likely I'll be happy. We're looking at either wish/expectation fulfillment or legitimate surprise. Both sound pretty cool to me.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Honestly even if it's not him, it's pretty likely I'll be happy. We're looking at either wish/expectation fulfillment or legitimate surprise. Both sound pretty cool to me.
Agreed. I feel like we are a pretty level headed support thread over all actually, so I wouldn't expect much "salt."

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Last comment before I attempt to get some sleep before the big reveal. Another thread idea is for Shulk's Design/Palette Swaps. Just throwing that out there in case someone wants to nab that. Again, none of this is stopping others who don't see this to make threads, so you'll have to be quick if you don't want to get :4greninja:'d.

Catch you guys around the hour before the trailer :)

#MonadoMonday

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See you tomorrow! Hope for the best and get ready to celebrate (even more) #MonadoMonday! Night everyone!

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
After the trailer airs, don't go swinging your Monados around, you might poke someone's eye out.

And with that, Goodnight everyone!

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=412SzyG77m4
2:06... I mentioned this in the thread thing. And you know what? SHULKED!
Y'know how Sakurai said he almost stopped using Twitter because people tried to decipher every tweet to see if it's Smash related? That's what I feel like now with this whole trolling thing. Yes Sakurai has trolled people in the past but I feel like people now read into what he says way too much. So no I don't think Sakurai contacted Takeda and Sal and told them to give people false hope Shulk will be revealed tomorrow instead of the actual newcomer "The Famicom Disk Boy". Sakurai toys with the fans at times, but he's not a a***hole.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, besides the Gematsu leak from months ago and the rumored excitement of the staff of Xenoblade's development team, what evidence is there that Shulk is a slam dunk for tomorrow?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Never played Xenoblade, but I'm interested in seeing what Shulk is like in gameplay in the trailer. I'll keep an eye out for copies of the game when I go out.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Everyone buckled in tight for Monado Monday? I don't know jack about Shulk or his game, but if this is anything like how Melee taught so many of us about Fire Emblem, I'm happy. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite franchises, now. Maybe I'll like Xenoblade... Or X, or whatever the next one is for WiiU.

Pretty hyped. I have no idea what Shulk is capable of or what to expect. I think he's gonna have a lot more special effects than someone like Marth, though. I have a hunch.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Holy hell, today's pic was Ray Man o.0 anybody less convinced of Shulk at all now?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Holy hell, today's pic was Ray Man o.0 anybody less convinced of Shulk at all now?
You must not lose faith in the power of the Monado.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
You must not lose faith in the power of the Monado.
Oh I'm still as confident that it's him. After all, if Rayman was the newcomer this would be a pretty terrible way to show it off haha. Just curious of other thought it affected him.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Well, midnight just hit for me a few minutes ago, so I figured I'd go ahead and handle this. If you have a thread you wanna call "dibs" on to make, let me know.

As of now:

@ Banjodorf Banjodorf - Shulk Main Social & Shulk Custom Moveset
@ DaDavid DaDavid - Shulk/Xenoblade Stage Discussion

That's all so far I believe.
I called video thread. Twice.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Our support blades did cut deep enough!

...is what I hope to be saying after the trailer.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I am so scared that it won't be Shulk tomorrow. Even more so now because of this thread. Gosh damn you people and your amazing Monado Monday hype train gifs. :b

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Oh man, I am so scared that it won't be Shulk tomorrow. Even more so now because of this thread. Gosh damn you people and your amazing Monado Monday hype train gifs. :b
Don't worry! Believe in the Monado! We can change the future!

Although, if it's Shulk getting revealed tomorrow, we won't want to change the future...

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Okay I know I sound like a hypocrite because I said people read into Sakurai's messages way too much, but this Rayman trophy feels blatant. It's like he knew people know Shulk is getting revealed tomorrow so he put up a Rayman trophy tonight to doubt people so they can be surprised again. Sucks Rayman isn't playable though...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't even know what to think! Brilliant time for Sakurai to casually drop a Rayman Assist Trophy!

Still feeling #MonadoMonday though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom