• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heartfelt Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom - Peach discussion thread

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
I wish they would have put as much effort into peach's alts as they did Daisy's. Daisy's seem to incorporate more colors per alt and have better details such as different colored gems and gloves.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I wish they would have put as much effort into peach's alts as they did Daisy's. Daisy's seem to incorporate more colors per alt and have better details such as different colored gems and gloves.
This.

Plus I find Peach's Blue/Green colours horrid. Especially her blue. Its like a weird mash up colour between daisy's blue and purple alts.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
This.

Plus I find Peach's Blue/Green colours horrid. Especially her blue. Its like a weird mash up colour between daisy's blue and purple alts.
I agree. Those are the two in particular I never touch. I also noticed they didn't bother to change the color of her crown except in the white alt, which is something they always used to do.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
From the small portrait I could see, red peach looks really nice this time. I always favored the wine red colored dress of brawl over the ketchup red in 4

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Am I missing something? The F-air she did right at the start of the match was SO FAST, but then the other ones weren't? Anyway, her D-air might have slightly reduced range, but it only looks very slight. Hard to tell for sure.
they look the same to me. do you mean the lag after landing because the first fair was auto canceled.

Ice-N-Space

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to pass this game up Peach's dress is way to stiff, her animations play out so fast now I hardly have time to see them, her taunts got shorter as well and why add toad to her grabs? Smash 4 still has the better Peach to me.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
OKay...Peach looks WAY better in this game than she was in Sm4sh! Anyone else think so? I'm so excited!

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
Does Dair still link into FAIR at super low percentages?

Ugh, I used Dair so so so much, Im really bummed that its been nerfed. The hitbox looks much less disjointed.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
I was considering dropping Peach for this game, but after ive seen some footage, im very happy with how she looks.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
Anyone else noticed they seemed to slim down the poof of Peach dress in this game, from Smash 4. Daisy dress looks real big especially in still screens of it. I'm sure her dress is meant to be bigger than Peach, but I think their comparable in size.

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
This is a new gameplay of Peach.

https://youtu.be/rbldmyS9Kzg

Also people need to realize, that the reason why Daisy looks "faster" than Peach. Is because we got to see Daisy from a player that had Peach experience on a 1v1 format. All the footage from Peach has been free for all from people that don't know how to use her properly.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Seems as if Peach Bomber does less damage than Daisy Bomber,
what are you comparing this too? because in ultimate attacks do less damage when there are more people in a match. so all the damage you see in 4 player free for alls is going to be less than the damage you'd get in a 1v1.

People need to learn that there is no difference between the two.
i'm not convinced yet. i think whatever the difference is it's something that is difficult to see during gameplay.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I still think they have differences, but they're obviously minor, since we havent been able to be sure about any.
I dont think that's a bad thing. But I do hope they have enough to set them apart at least a little.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
More video analysis of Peach/Daisy

Guys, trying to decide whether Peach or Daisy has more perentage hits or more knockback is impossible. Not only is damage different in 1v1 vs free for all, but rage is still a thing to some degree in Ultimate. We have to wait until we can get more 1v1's of Peach to know much of anything.

All I know is that I think all her buff's outweight the only nerf (down air)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
More video analysis of Peach/Daisy

Guys, trying to decide whether Peach or Daisy has more perentage hits or more knockback is impossible. Not only is damage different in 1v1 vs free for all, but rage is still a thing to some degree in Ultimate. We have to wait until we can get more 1v1's of Peach to know much of anything.

All I know is that I think all her buff's outweight the only nerf (down air)
That wasnt a bad video. Shows the pros and cons, and I agree that with everyone being able to dash dance, it may make her float cancels not quite as potent, but then again it's hard to tell yet all that's going to be possible with it, and I look forward to trying to master their floats.

It might still be possible to tell some things, especially that rage doesn't take effect until a late percent now, but I dont think it matters too much since they do play close to the same in any case. I do feel like they have tiny differences, and Im really curious to know what they are, but it's ok anyway.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That wasnt a bad video. Shows the pros and cons, and I agree that with everyone being able to dash dance, it may make her float cancels not quite as potent, but then again it's hard to tell yet all that's going to be possible with it, and I look forward to trying to master their floats.

It might still be possible to tell some things, especially that rage doesn't take effect until a late percent now, but I dont think it matters too much since they do play close to the same in any case. I do feel like they have tiny differences, and Im really curious to know what they are, but it's ok anyway.
My own personal opinion is that it's good for Peach. Top tier type characters honestly have diminishing returns with more options. This gives a character like peach who typically has a tough time approaching on the ground more of a mix up game. Now you arent forced to an aerial approach. Now we can dash to down tilt or throw turnip to down smash approach.

Peaches float mitigates other peoples movement options anyway. In Melee, when opponents dash dance haphazardly, they get punished hard by peach. It actually opens up Peachs punish game to people who dont dash dance or space to perfection. So it might hurt her at the very highest level but in the vast majority of matches I think it benefits Peach a lot more relative to the rest of the cast.

Could just be me being optimistic, but that's my take so far.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My own personal opinion is that it's good for Peach. Top tier type characters honestly have diminishing returns with more options. This gives a character like peach who typically has a tough time approaching on the ground more of a mix up game. Now you arent forced to an aerial approach. Now we can dash to down tilt or throw turnip to down smash approach.

Peaches float mitigates other peoples movement options anyway. In Melee, when opponents dash dance haphazardly, they get punished hard by peach. It actually opens up Peachs punish game to people who dont dash dance or space to perfection. So it might hurt her at the very highest level but in the vast majority of matches I think it benefits Peach a lot more relative to the rest of the cast.

Could just be me being optimistic, but that's my take so far.
Well here's the thing. Those things (dash dancing, etc) are good for all characters, and I'm stoked because Im not solo-maining. But We could already cancel peach's dashes into tilts because of float canceling. Not as fast as dash-canceling in ultimate, but that's what gave her an edge before at high level play. But I do think that combining everything together for daisy/peach, including better speed, it gives a lot of approaching options, and float is still super good with extra options.

Im excited about turnip pulls being faster, because maybe that means even more mixups than usual.
All in all, I feel like even if some of the 'advantage' of float-cancelling wont be as good, they're good in general, and Im optimistic and excited to play them in any case :)

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
We got the final victory screen people~
The only one to return from Smash 4 was the spin with the magic heart effects.
I'll miss the past ones, though I adore the new dynamic screens.

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
We got the final victory screen people~
The only one to return from Smash 4 was the spin with the magic heart effects.
I'll miss the past ones, though I adore the new dynamic screens.
I love her new animations ten times more honestly.

Top Bottom