Welcome to the Peach discussion thread, a place to discuss any and all things Peachy~
As we saw from e3, Peach is, of course, back in all her girly glory. With a very similar design to Smash 4, Peach doesn't seem to have many changes to her moveset or her aesthetics. There are a few small points to note:
- Peach has a new down tilt: a sweeping leg attack quite similar to Zelda's. Functions the same as the old down tilt but is now much more reliable due to opponents not being able to tech grounded spikes.
- Her grab now consists of Peach and Toad teaming up, with Peach holding the opponent as Toad punches them for a pummel. Down throw and forward throw are also different due to Toad being the one to ground pound the opponent for Dthrow and headbutt for Fthrow.
- Her neutral special Toad is also visually different. Now it involves Toad teleporting in and actually bracing for an attack, arms stretch out wide to protect the princess. Peach turns around and ducks away as Toad is out.
- Side Special Peach Bomber now has a heart trail effect as she moves through the air.
- Up Smash now has a heart above the ribbon spiral.
- Back air now has a heart effect on it similar to Peach Bomber.
- The rainbow of up air seems to have more of a light slash look now, and it looks less rainbow-y and more iridescent.
- Peach's "uh-huh~" taunt seems to have changed, with the spin being removed so only the bend forward with the finger out remains. Has a nice little heart effect next to Peach's head too.
- Her Final Smash seems to be Peach Blossom once again, pretty much staying identical to Smash 4's version with the 3 peaches.
- Peach has 2 new victory screens, though she retains all 3 voice lines.
All in all, I'm pretty happy with the way everything looks. Toad having more of an appearance is a very nice touch.