• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heartfelt Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom - Peach discussion thread

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I want my big booty options/combos back. Either from brawl or melee. Booty out of shield was such a threatening and delicious defensive option in brawl and melee

All her fancy ats and not get patched out. Like

B***h boosting
Double hit aerials
L. I. F. T (The good one from brawl)
Free pulling
Glide tossing (mega man gas a Glide toss wtf Sakurai)

Edit forgot bone walking. Actual float cancel aerials from melee

Last edited:

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
I'm totally fine with Peach's moveset, I personally think she's lots of fun to play as. Though the one thing I'd change is her Neutral-Special. Since I want to see Toad as a playable fighter, he couldn't really be part of Peach's moveset. I suggest changing it to Toadsworth, and instead of releasing spores (I always thought that wasn't very fitting), he should whack opponents with his cane to counter them.

Here are also some alt. costumes I had in mind for her:

I actually want to have Daisy herself as an alt. skin instead of just her colours. The rest are based on Fire- and Ice-Peach (even though the later doesn't canonically exist), Pauline, Peach's NES-Sprite (I also added a ribbon on her waist because I could), her classic dress along with her reddish-brown hair from SMB2 and 3's sprites (and the cartoon), Princess Shroob's dress, Shadow Queen-Peach and finally, the Lochlady-dress from Mario Odyssey.

I didn't use the sports gear or the other outfits from Odyssey, because Peach needs the long dress (down-smash) and crown (forward-air) to attack.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Here's a sweet headcanon of mine:

With the very large paychecks he gets every week from Master Hand, Mario treats Peach to a homemade dinner with Italian-style cooking every Wednesday. The dish changes every week and always includes Italian wine.

PF9

Smash Lord
If Captain Toad becomes playable we'll need a new neutral special for Peach.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
What about the things that really matter like what makes her a good character? Like all her pre patched tech and d-smash melee. Come on gurls

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
For me being a peach main since melee i do want her back in smash 5. She`s my #1 nintendo girl and the only thing i want change is her peach bomber bring the flames back instead of hearts.

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I noticed on the website Smashbros.com, in Peach's movie. It looks like she got a new down-tilt. She seems to do some sort of sweeping/low kick now.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Final Smashes are generally quick and cinematic now; Peach's new one is definitely going to change for the better.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Final Smashes are generally quick and cinematic now; Peach's new one is definitely going to change for the better.
I hope she will have something from Super Princess Peach (Vibes) or Super Mario RPG (Psych Bomb).

DefinitelyNotSascha

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't bet on that. Peach Blossom is already kind of quick, at least the animation. I'm not saying it's impossible that it gets changed but I also don't think it's 100% possible.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
I just want her final smash to be SOMETHING else. It's not fair. She's the only one in the game now that has this weak ass FS. Give us SOMETHING, lord.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Whew I am both excited and worried about my main!

The new Down tilt looks like it could be an upgrade? Its not like we get much from out current Dtilt in both priority and follow ups in 4 but I did enjoy landing it for the visceral feeling and sounds effects lol

Im ok with new throws if we somehow get some utility. I really love the guaranteed follow up at low percent on Dthrow and Fthrow not being the SLAP kind of irks me.... Do we have confirmation the SLAP is officially gone? :( Melee Kill Slap was amazing

Toad counter.... I like the Smash 4 toad counter for its potential killing power (heck I scored a toad counter kill recently when we played Smash 4 before E3) so Im hoping the redesigned version is still good

I'm assuming none of the demos had Peach available? Im not seeing any impressions for Peach outside of the highlight videos. I

DAISY IS AWESOME and it will be nice to have an alternate version of Peach so i can keep the moveset and maximize on whatever unique modifiers Daisy has

Overall pretty happy so far

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
While i`m glad Peach is back i`m sad at the same time.

It looks like Toad is a part of her pummels & Throws now, while this was a nice touch her Forward Throw slap has been retired, i liked slapping people with that move:crying:. Other than that she now does a low kick like Zelda intead of a hand swipe which is another nice touch. The rest of her moveset looks the same but i`m still happy nonetheless.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
I love peachs moves too, except specials. Some turnip buffs, an undefeatable up b and a new neutral special would be great.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
I'm really happy that toad is part of her grab now. It makes him feel much more prominent than before, and feels more like he's actually willingly helping Peach, rather than being forced to be her meat shield.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm really happy that toad is part of her grab now. It makes him feel much more prominent than before, and feels more like he's actually willingly helping Peach, rather than being forced to be her meat shield.
Whilst I'd still have preferred Toad be his own character, the additional throws and the new animations for the counter make Toad look far more like her bodyguard/guard(which is what he's meant to be) than some hapless hostage. This in turn keeps Peach in character AND Toad in character giving the mushroom man a little damn dignity for the first time in Smash.

I still have mild hope for Captain Toad, but if not I feel like these changes in Peach's moveset have at the very least made me less sour towards the Toad counter and makes me want to play Peach as a main now she's not some psychopath. Took 17 years but we got there.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Anybody noticed that in the e3 direct during the smash part (obviously) during when sakurai is showing A + B Smash attacks Peach gets golf club twice? I wonder if there is a new way to control which one she gets.

Luminario

Smash Lord
With how Toad is more involved in Peach's moveset I wonder if he might have an appearance in her victory screens too. I'd like to see him mimic Peach's spin-and-wave taunt alongside her, or have the new one added in Smash 4 redesigned to have toad either spinning alongside her or have them reference the Toad rescue animation from Super Princess Peach where they spin hand in hand.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I want peaches old brawl Forward Air. I don't care about the kill power I want that auto cancel that comes right after it so you can jab or grab. Also melee down smash would be nice :-)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Anybody noticed that in the e3 direct during the smash part (obviously) during when sakurai is showing A + B Smash attacks Peach gets golf club twice? I wonder if there is a new way to control which one she gets.
I didnt notice that... good catch! Seeing as they havent removed her racket (and presumably not her pan either), she might be able to control what weapon she gets.

Licks2803

Smash Rookie
I didnt notice that... good catch! Seeing as they havent removed her racket (and presumably not her pan either), she might be able to control what weapon she gets.
I guess that could be one of the differences between daisy and peach.
Peach using golf club and daisy tennis bracket. Removing frying pan.
Hope not so, like my frying pan

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I guess that could be one of the differences between daisy and peach.
Peach using golf club and daisy tennis bracket. Removing frying pan.
Hope not so, like my frying pan
Nah, Peach has her racquet in her highlight video from the site. I doubt they'd bring back the random order, and I can't figure out how you'd be able to choose which weapon comes out since it's there immediately, so maybe it's just locked to the golf club for that specific video?

Wouldo

Smash Rookie
I really wish Peach gets her wedding outfit as an alt color. Mario already has his wedding outfit, there's hope!

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Am I the only one that hates they change how Peach's throws are? I hate that Toad appears out of nowhere...

Luminario

Smash Lord
Am I the only one that hates they change how Peach's throws are? I hate that Toad appears out of nowhere...
He does kinda pop out of nowhere for the counter too though since Melee. Out of all the changes they could make I'd say Toad being in grab wasn't really necessary at all, but I like that he has more of a presence. If anything they should have changed ftilt to a downward parasol slash like SPP.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
I hope they bring back the meteor effect on her Dtilt, it was so satisfying to pull off.
If you look at the highlight video, you can hear the sound effect, which is just so SATISFYING!! Also, I'm incredibly excited to see how Peach and Daisy flow, and if they can rise back up to Peach's Melee glory.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
He does kinda pop out of nowhere for the counter too though since Melee. Out of all the changes they could make I'd say Toad being in grab wasn't really necessary at all, but I like that he has more of a presence. If anything they should have changed ftilt to a downward parasol slash like SPP.
True. I am just more annoyed at how they changed her grabs. Like it just doesn't look right. I wish I could tell Sakurai to just revert her grabs to how they were before.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That and some of the outfits she wears in Mario Odyssey. I feel like it won't happen tho...

I always thought that if the Mario Brothers ever get a Mario Sister, she would be a beautiful Italian woman with brown hair and her name would be Maria and she would wear pink/blue overalls similar to what Peach is wearing in Odyssey. That or a cute overalls skirt complete with a pink cap. And then we watch Maria get in Smash before Toad. :p

Top Bottom