• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i kno the uploads just that the formating is wrong... tried to change it with a trial version but they have an add thingy rite in the center of the screen which blocks things >.<

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
FJDSALKFJDALK i like see the videos!.......ill be patient. i just dont want to do another crew battle and record it cause i wont be smashing with you guys until maybe after brawl comes out. hopefully spring break i will.

Snap

Smash Ace
Man, I need to smash!

I don't think there's a world ranking. I know Ken's the best in the world. There's not even US rankings, I think.

The closest thing might be the California rankings.

of course there is US rankings, its called the power rankings you should check it out

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
No dude, you lie! I despise that fact that you have given me false info!

Anyway, I checked again. There's only power rankings for parts of US. Not US altogether. In your facez!

Snap

Smash Ace
No dude, you lie! I despise that fact that you have given me false info!

Anyway, I checked again. There's only power rankings for parts of US. Not US altogether. In your facez!
bro you are freaking ridiculous

your words tell me that you are new to smash. if not, i am disappointed. i will personally LINK YOU to the power rankings

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=84266

there u go

theres probably an updated one somewhere.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
i think shoyo got a facial ^^

terence if you guys want a power rankings i was thinking about it... then like i got to figure a way we can do that need a smash panel and a legit point system or something ill probly think of one since me no go schooly this semester

as for the video i think i know a way just got to by me some cables which mite be costly mite buy um today or tomorrow.... most likely tomorrow since i get my paycheck tomorrow and all

SiCk-Oh

Smash Cadet
wow i thought u guys did all that panel and stuffz a long time ago like the last time i went over to jose house if u guys do it i think the waipahu ppl plan to go there every week so maybe every other week or somehting like that

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
no no i don't care about power rankings. there's already one in my head. maybe we can gather information to make one at the next tourney we hold.

are we gonna have a smash fest this week? you know, is only two days away!

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
dude fawk ranks and **** just say ur fawking gud untill u get ur *** wupped or somthing, then after work on ur **** to bet that ***** *** even if like it like takes 55 matchs against tom lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so i've been begging my parents for like 4 months to get me to hawaii and it seems so freaking ridiculous that i haven't been yet (seems? who am i kidding, it IS ridiculous) but it looks more promising, i could be there in a month or so... you guys should host a tourney when i come and have more information! we can record matches and i can put them up or whatever if you want!

i'll give ya'll more details as they come

Darkmusician

Smash Master
wow. One question can go a long way. I was just kinda curious. Thanks to everyone that answered my q.

I could use a good challenge. I'm starting to unconciously hold back against my friends now and my other friend forgot to pay his phone bill so I can't call him. >_< Getting kinda restless.

Double short hop lazer is hard. Is joystick or y button preferred?

Gah. Today was n00b. Wish it was Friday already.

FireFly

Smash Lord
i play a good bowser and i was planning to during the crew battle. I'll show off some of my l33t bowser skills next time LOL

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
I start school on Friday. ;_;

Use Y, using the joystick will be easier to press b twice fast enough, but it's hard to constently short hop with it. Btw, don't sandbag! It's disrespectful, and can lead to skill level dropping.

Alright then, me challenge your Fox, Falcon, and Bowser next time Tom. Get ready for a good match! I hope I can give you a good match... -__-

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
so i've been begging my parents for like 4 months to get me to hawaii and it seems so freaking ridiculous that i haven't been yet (seems? who am i kidding, it IS ridiculous) but it looks more promising, i could be there in a month or so... you guys should host a tourney when i come and have more information! we can record matches and i can put them up or whatever if you want!

i'll give ya'll more details as they come
Gentlemen, here is the one who started this whole thing while the both of us were dorming at UH. Tony AkA Gimpyfish floated around the idea of an island-wide smashfest. Course that was back when Livewire was still open (From where our crew adopted) and Tony was still in Hawaii!

Gimpy pretty much moved Bowser on the Tier list, and contributed Bowser's "Fortting" to the Smash Community.

Fortting - Verb
~Using Bowser's U+B to Retreat/Escape/Punish and mobilizing Bowser toward the nearest edge. If done correctly, Bowser is able to punish and sweetspot toward an edge and following up with a Fair or GettupA.

He also got my PMSing on vid and helped me contribute it on the Smash boards. Also, the TV in the back corner to the left of the Fridge, thats his. Hes also one of the top Bowsers in the world, at least part of the top 5. So when you plan on hitting up Hawaii Tony? You need to be part of the smash feast.

May I note that next Friday WILL be a smashfest. 1/19/07

Hopefully Torey will bring more guys from Mililani, I'll try hook up a 5th TV, and everyone bring $5 for Pizza. Sodas will be provided, as well as free spagetti. We ran outta pizza last time so I'm planning to get 6 boxes instead of 4.

If at all possible, let me, Tom or Frank (Tenyearwarranty, Ping Ping, Firefly respectivly) with the ammount of people you plan on bringing. We had 20+ people over last time, and in all honestly theres never enough smash players.

BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES WHO ENJOY THIS GAME AND PLAYING WITH OTHERS

If theres someone you know who's a *******/know it all/has a big ego with this game, bring him/her along as well. Enjoy the look on their faces when someone totally demolishes him/her.

One more note, I know that everyone is still figuring out where they stand skill wise. I know it's fun running a TV and smashing faces, but give people a chance too. Play alts against people you know you'll beat, use your mains on people you have trouble on. I want everyone to have a somewhat equal ammount of game time on each TV so I expect to see people rotating around the 4-5 TVs.

I prolly won't pop onto the smashboards for another week or so after this so your best bet is to messege me on myspace (www.myspace.com/tenyearwarranty) or PMing Ping_Ping.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh yeah, you guys should do power rankings for hawaii, washington is doing it, the powerrankings thread will be up after our next tourney (this weekend)

i'll link you when its done, you have to make a panel of players (preferably unbiased ones XD) it has to have at least 3 panelists who have a discussion and rankings system, you have to have a "mission statement" and some other stuff, its pretty official business if you actually wanna do it, and i'm curious about all of ya'll so it'd be fun for me to brows at, and fun for ya'll to make too haha (as lnog as it stays friendly of course)

no more details as of yet, but again i'll let ya'll know

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Whoot! Sounds cool.

Alright then, next week. Too bad, I wanted to play soon.

Aha, I found Frankie's myspace! Told you I'll find it!

And the power ranking stuff might be fun, so I'm in for it.

Man, a 5th TV would be awsome. I don't like that dark one.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
yaaay it's a smash fest. I'll invite whomever I can from UH. They're a little nervous, but they are interested. Mostly Link users. And I'll be bringing my best friend/rival. He really wants to play. hehehe. If all goes well my car WILL be available again. If it's at the same place, then I should have a better idea where it is.

Can't wait can't wait. Homework sux. I am sleep!

-Bobby

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and I have a TV and a Nintendo Wii so I can bring that in my trunk if that is needed. Nice graphics boost on the Wii.

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
omg.... i guess om coleader in this little smashshindig jose is holding..... i thoughyt i was just incharge of rides... lol

well ya as jose said no smash this week its next week and i dont know the reason why were not having this week any questions or concers ask me and ill try to answer the best that i can

as for power rankings i brought it up last time and it was just talk... any ideas on how to do it will help thanks a bunch imma sleep now

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah i'll post a good format for ya'll, washington just found a good format a while ago that stopped most of the arguments (other than certain people arguing about really close parts of it, but those arguments should happen you know?)

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Having a GF isn't enough reason why there won't be a smash fest this week? Besides, I need to catch up with WoW. Gotta fill up my tanking set before BC hits.

Jesus Tony, you are a forum hoar. You were only at 200 posts when I first met you @_@

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
T3 FTW JOSE?!?!?!!? CAN CAN CAN?1?!?!?!?!?!?!?! that and i think nick works fri ntie anwyay so thats a good thing we dont haver smashfest this week

Top Bottom