• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
correcting jose with the list ^^'
Charles (cha) - peach, shiek (occasional ganon and jiggs)
Arvin (Indie) - Peach, yoshi (occasional Ness and Pichu)
Ian (BMM) - Fox, Sheik, Mario
Rick (reek) - falcon, ganon
Alvin - Shiek, ice climbers (his been playing shiek lately now)

so ya updated list lol

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
Hey, good smashing tonight waipahu guys!
you guys know your stuff pretty well.
You guys had better train hard if you want to put up a fight against the livewire players!

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
dude playing with dexter was a big wake up call. i relly think that a lot of this has to deal with the people you play with. playing with dexter we all got owned big time and i felt like crap the whole night... but oh well i think i need to get used to playing other people that use advance because dexter is the only captain facon i ever played that could do the combos. when we play we just spam the f-air "the knee of death" and i was so thorw off by the combos by the time i started to figure some stuff out i was already not in the mood fom all the losses. i played againts dexter the most out of everyone today and i learned a lot. a lot from loseing. one thing is being in that combo i tried to keep jumping out of the combo but it just messed me up even more bcause when i jumbed he would just hit me at the start of the jump and it would be a waste. so later i figured i jus took the hits at least id be able to get back on. and a bunch of other things to. i dont know if this mad sence to you guys but jus wanted to share. but i feel kind of crappy haveing played the gome for abut 4 months and to get murdered like that, and i play a lot. so i hope i learn from this and i think i will get better but ill try to come down nex saturday to kapole and see all the live wire guys. i knew we would end up getting killed but not that badly. so for tonight and next saturday will be a big learning expirence for me.

FireFly

Smash Lord
dunno if i should say this but that reminds me of when team livewire went to california to participate in a tournament and got worked mad hard after playing smash for literally 100+ hours a day

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
since u mention earthquake i had a weird morning today lol wat a story to tell but watever meet u guys soon to smash im learning mewtwo also muahahahahah

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
one thing is being in that combo i tried to keep jumping out of the combo but it just messed me up even more bcause when i jumbed he would just hit me at the start of the jump and it would be a waste. so later i figured i jus took the hits at least id be able to get back on. and a bunch of other things to. i dont know if this mad sence to you guys but jus wanted to share.
you should try DIing out of the combo (hold the joystick in the opposite or some other direction) either that or japanese DI which we can teach you guys when you guys come down to jose's house.

as for feeling like crap dont hit yourself to hard over this 4 months maybe a long time but i guess dexter played even longer. idk how long ive been playing... maybe like been playing since 2 yrs after it came out.... and i didnt have a gamecube either i only played when i was at my friends house or at livewire (when it was open) and yes i got wrecked but i learned from that and got better. I didnt even own a gamecube and he copy of the game till a few months before this august. Jose thought all of us all the advance things, from wavedashing to japanese DI. And ya jose nick them has been playing since the game came out. and we can teach you guys too when you guys come over jose's house. watching a few vids helped a lot too and you can watch a lot of them at youtube.com (the best site in the fricking world idk how my life was before without youtube lol). so cheer up, practice up and game them game faces on lol.

with time experiance and the willingness to learn you guys will get better but remember there will be always ppl that are better than you..... not just in video games but in life lol

with that said and done imma go practice mewtwo now lol

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
dude today sucked, this earth quake was doodoo! 2 people slep over my house so we could practice after the ownage on that one stormy night and i burnt my right hand on a lamp. **** that sucked so bad our power got back at like 9:30 PM.

thx for the advice i tried dIing and it was working some what but im curious to see what japanese DIing is. and im praying for my hand to heal.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
lol im ganna try someone other than just link and young link (when my hand heals) but im ganna start reading up on diffrent characters. i was just wondering science you guys have a weekly smash thing anyways would you mind if me and 2 other guys were to come weekly too? the 2 other guys i know will relly get better cause we want to and we will practice. just wondering.

i guess im sort of like you pinp ping i never had a gamecube. just got one but only for less than a month. but i only play the zelda collection, and i only play smash if people come over or if i go to someones house (i cant play by myself for some reason its boring)

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
come weekly if you want lol were glad if ppl can make it jose is gonna try to have a smash thing at his house once a week. hope your hands gets better

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Ha, don't worry. We felt the same thing at the tournament. We were in the power house (JD, Cort, KillaOR, Hayato, Doraki) and lost a lot. But hey, you can't get better until you lose. OC2 was a big wakeup call for all of us and we learned A LOT from it. We're more than willing to show you all everything we know, its been a while since I've really taught anything but I'm up for it.

This is what a smash community is after all!

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
on the subject of how long I've been playing, I've played the game since it came out on and off, but without any advanced techniques. Then around march/april of this year I found smashboards and learned of those things through the forums and vids. Then I met up with the livewire guys around may and that was the test. I failed. I had not any experience with the advanced techs against a human. Then as I challenged them more, I learned how to better use my character and make better mind games.

So pretty much, experience, practice, and playing different people will help your game greatly improve.

So yeah waipahu guys, you're going to learn alot when you play next weekend, whether it be from wins or losses.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
i dont mind loseing but we weill get better and thx for leting us come

and ive been playing for 4 months and started with advance and basics at the same time. but it was a good thing i got to play with good people.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
on the subject of how long I've been playing, I've played the game since it came out on and off, but without any advanced techniques. Then around march/april of this year I found smashboards and learned of those things through the forums and vids. Then I met up with the livewire guys around may and that was the test. I failed. I had not any experience with the advanced techs against a human. Then as I challenged them more, I learned how to better use my character and make better mind games.

Same here. We all didn't get into the advanced techs till about two years ago when I got back into smash. (I play Armored Core as well) Beleive it or not, but we were a year behind "skill wise" at the tournament. Nothing says "ownd" more than being 4 stocked by Ken...in less than 2 minutes. I did get him and Captain Jack down to one stock tho, but after 5 or so tries. >.<

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
ithink were only gonna have a smash fest this saturday only (21st) its kinda pointless to have it both friday and saturday cause we also want time for ourselves lol idk dont listen to me jose will post something eventually about this manner just giving a heads up

PlayeR oNe

Smash Apprentice
I vote friday.. LOL cause saturday my friend cant make it.. anyways KiboU dont worry yo, My wake call was when i first met team live wire and my main got owned by jose's pichu.. i was like.. dam i suck.. haha nah.. but its been a year since that day and I improved alot with all there help in woop'in my A$$ lol.. but yeah.. so hopefully i can come this weekend being it might only be saturday.. well, will see..

-P1-

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
jose said he can hold it both friday and saturday but like im thinking that maybe to much (for his parents sake >.<) and that saturday we can start earlier and end later since its the weekend and all.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
ive read that japanese diing isnt real, its just the timing about the di that makes it look different.
btw, ive been only playing with advance techs in january, and ive played with livewire only a 6 months through. i just happend to beat them sometimes...sept jose, hes a good samus.

J*Lee

Smash Cadet
i knew that i sucked at smash. but i didn't think jose them would be so good. I couldn't even beat jose, tony, and nick at all the first day i played them. i still don't understand exactly how to japanese DI yet. it kinda sucks that i live in kaneohe.

FireFly

Smash Lord
i've been practicing japanese DI with myself and a few friends using characters like CF, ganon, jiggs and samus.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
jose *** DI is godly i was only able to kill one life of his samus when he was at 198% FD and he was on the edge and i smashed him on the inside to out, then he died. after taking like 2 of MY BLOODY lives

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
i dont think im going to be able to beat any of them from live wire on the on the first day. right now i still have to beat all the people from village park. so far i did every one except for andrew (supercussion). i had a chance today but i made one big mistake like one so ez that its so stupid. but he also say he wasent playing his best and i dont wanna win like that. i want a real win.:) cause i know how it feals to be off one day. belive me. the first time i played with two guys from village park at my house i think it was a tuesday and again on thursday. lol i was nervous so i lost every match i think. plus i got owned by the falco first. darn falcos:p . but 2 days later i did fine. and then they ask me why i wasent playing like i was on thursday(better) on tuesday (doodoo!:psycho: )

I have a dream. a dream that i will beat every one on this small island at least once.:laugh:

AnubisGX

Smash Journeyman
woo can't wait for the weekend!!!
and bryan, if you guys have any smashfests before the weekend, call me up or IM me, I like some practice.

Kib0U

Smash Journeyman
yea i cant wait till this weekend to.

as for if were having any smashfest befor that im not to shure because i got my job interview tommorow at 5pm and homecoming fryday (but you guys will be at kapole) and we'll be there saturday! woot woot... if you still goin to do it on saturday?!

p.s. we need directions... and what games do you play on psp? im good at tekken no lie i know im good at this game. the moves are the same as tekken 5 and i do good on the psp one when we play at school no one beat me yet! lol well no one beat my paul!

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
ummmm lets see the following games we play on psp are
Monster HUnter Freedom
thats pretty much it lol unless caz them comes and they play like guilty gear and tekken on psp i think

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
My friend loves monster hunter. He seems to be obsessed with waking up dragons by kicking them in the head, and throwing cats.

Oh yeah, I found a good player who's in marching band. I got to play him a few times (I won with Link and Falco, and lost with Marth and Sheik). He knows the advanced techs and stuff. The only problem is, he doesn't want non-band members playing there for security reasons =(

So... I'll probably never play him again, unless he wants to start coming to the friday night smash fests. I'll see if he's interested.

chungamer

Smash Journeyman
i can play tekken on psp hopefully i can finde it some where, ill test your paul with mine, and some king and lilly with juggle action

Top Bottom