• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Having trouble with marth/fox

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
My friend plays a fox that spaces against my shield very well with his aerials (generally nair) and utilts to where i can't hit him with a dair or a shine out of shield and grabs me out of my roll. how 2 avoid pressure?

also he mains marth and lately i've been unable to beat him. how 2 avoid ztd?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Instead of rolling try to simply jump out right after he hits you (full jump) then fast fall and hit him with something and combo him... or SHL out of your shield if he's not too close and then jc grab.

Beating marth is more complex to explain' , but being in the defensive against marth seems to work really good. Just laser,laser,laser,laser.. and combo.. pick a platform stage if his chaingrabs annoy you too much

I think some videos won't hurt... pple can give better advice with videos anyway

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
In that Fox scenario, you could just wait until his moves push you back enough to WD OOS in between attacks if he's just spacing attacks on your shield.

Yeah, against Marth you'll want to laser your butt off. You keep Marth still so you can approach/pressure well, and the damage really adds up. If the Marth is adept at powershielding you will have to vary your height and timing of your lasers, as well as work on whether one even comes out or not (you can shoot the laser late so you get the noise of the gun but the laser is not fired).

I'm on a school computer right now, and I'd feel odd about writing a lot more on this subject whie I'm here. I might hit you up later for help though, bro.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if he's just spacing nairs (without shines in between) into your shield you should have a problem full hopping out, wavedashng out, or, probably your best option is to do retreating nair out of shield.

short hop a Nair and DI backwards away from him.

vs marf, dont ever stop laser spam. If you're confident in your pillaring to not get shield grab, then approach with lasers, pressure his sheild, then whatever option he chooses, punish it. dont get grabbed though lol.
if your not that confident, sh dair through the sheild then uptilt, uptilt
or Laser laser laser grab and either Dthrow if your good at tech chasing/prediction or forward/backthrow if he's near the ledge

Squidster

Smash Ace
Almost every situation where you roll, a wavedash out of shield would probably have been a better option.

There's ways to get around Nair but if it's really being a pain just jump up on a platform. He'll probably try to waveland and continue in which case you can just Dair and combo him

SleepyK

i guess i'll be trying wd oo shield to laser, sounds hot and amazing.
i end up getting the short end of the stick when i cc dtilt usually.

more lasers, blehhh. ok ok.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
k

on my list of
not gay to super gay homotasticle

marth is number 1
then sheik
then fox
then doc

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
ew

falcon not even on that

falco doesnt **** that hard

and marth is definitly first

you saw shiz vs m2k

thats gay

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
***** I commentated Shiz vs. M2K, of course I saw it :p

he played foolishly and lost his last stock due to doing something he really should've known better than to do.

Both spacies are harder if you just don't let yourself play overly aggressive vs. Marf

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
werd

idk i just though marth and sheik was harder then fox cuz of the gimpingayness

PB&J

Smash Hero
u only get gimped when u get eager..and i def think icy gives a harder time then jiggs does..we dont even have to cg to win and we can take the offense in that match up with is rare for falco ..but i do think a reaal good fox and really good shiek is harder than marth because of her priority..not even counted gimps but that me just watch ksn vs shiz shiek vs falco but thats one person.

idk ..what do i know

SleepyK

i haven't had horrible difficulty with the jiggs matchup, to be honest.
then again i've only had to play 1 jiggs for the most part

PB&J

Smash Hero
josh is pretty good against falco so...sleepy u need to travel more son..oh and i get back to ga next wed can i use your camera

SleepyK

i dunno, evan. i've been able to beat him (until last week, where he stayed on the ledge the entire match) with falco.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
thats why you spam lasers

you dont approach

he supposed to

he doesnt have a projectile

spam standing lasser

PB&J

Smash Hero
pc sleepyk knows what he is doing but fighting soft is annoying even m2k almost lost 2 him in a number of tourny sets because he camps the right side of the stage the whole time

i want to record genesis stuff and ill be in fl so ill get alot of footage and ihop madness -california edition

SleepyK

lol i can beat him as long as he doesn't do that, evan. :/ i guess i'll go marth in the future if he decides to ledge camp again.

and pc, yeaaaaaah but that's so gaaaayyyyyy
but i see the necessity in it. more laser pew pew pang pow star wars next time

SleepyK

once again i haven't had a tough time vs jiggs unless they stay on the edge the entire time
also i've played xif and gotten pretty close to beating him often
it's not that bad of a matchup

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Lol, Mogwai you're exaggerating Fox isn't that hard.

If they are superfast and aggressive it can be a pain in the ***, but then again they risk jumping into traps.

personally i hate the Marth matchup because its super boring imo.
And although Falco vs CF is not to hard i prefer picking sheik against him cuz its like super easy =D

SleepyK

it's really not that bad. you can combo peach easily and you have a solid edgeguard game if you space well.
jiggs is also not that bad. I have some strategies i use that I could share if you want for vs jiggs.
really it's just annoying vs a fox that is technical and spaces well but with the tips you guys offered i think i had an easier time. also vs marth i had an easier time. I still have some trouble edgeguarding marth but I've picked up a few tips for that recently.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i love fighting marths,but peach just annoys me,also samus -_-

and fox isnt that hard,just pressure him to an edge,predict an illusion and shoot a lazor,and he will die eating your dairs XD

SleepyK

it's hard to pressure foxes who get in on your shield. i guess i just need more lasers.

peach isn't that bad, once again

samus is ugh but not bad either

metashinryu

Smash Ace
it's hard to pressure foxes who get in on your shield. i guess i just need more lasers.

peach isn't that bad, once again

samus is ugh but not bad either
shine outta shield?

peach is the hell once again,u offstage-that weird faced turnip that kills u -_-

samus isnt bad at all,unless you play starwars with them,stupid missiles...

SleepyK

please read my thread before posting ololol

how 2 shine out of shield when out of shine range or sh dair range pls

samus is bad unless you play star wars.

SleepyK

whenever i nair it gets beaten by fox nair/bair usually, i tried a lot.
yeah, there's nothing wrong with playing star wars.

you kind of HAVE TO vs samus, rofl

Top Bottom