• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever rage-quit before?

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
At the skill level I'm at (very low skill level lol) it isn't really productive to rage quit....still learning and improving and its important to push past my frustration as I'm sure its going to happen a lot

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I always used intentionally SD and quit on Wifi whenever I felt that I couldn't win a match. I suck at the game, but I still really HATE losing, so therefore I mostly only play against the CPUs now.

MoukoNeko

Smash Rookie
A few times. I brawl with random people a lot, and as fate would have it often times I get people teaming up on me with extremely over-powered characters. I haven't had a good brawl in a while because of this, it gets on my nerves so bad. Those cowards can't fight on their own and have to team up... D<

sammy p

Smash Lord
yes.... and you peopl who call me a baby for it make me feel really guilty bout it:embarrass and you guys bring up good points so i doubt i will be doing it again because of wat i learnd.
but its those times where your friends or littl brother SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM to get in the cheapest shots possible.:mad:
but i learnd something today! thankx!:bee:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Yes. Tonight, actually. I was Ike in a 3-stock free-for-all against Wario and Toon Link. TL camped often and would not stop abusing dair while Wario kept chomping everyone off of the edge and taking advantage of Ike's speed. I lost that one, so I left to go play Zelda OoT.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Never, but I have had people rage quit on me.

At one of my first tournies I played a guy in a lot of friendlies early on and we went pretty even, then in the tourney I beat his main 3 stock, in about 30 seconds, he switched to MetaKnight, then rage quit before I won.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
i was playing smash 64 against a friend who thought edgeguarding was cheap and after the first 3 shinespikes i made him ragequit

we were both fox

an argument about 'cheapness' and 'playing to win' ensued

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
MXblaze your kind of a **** dood...why quit? its not like its hurting you...the more you play the better youll get...its kinda weak to just quit....

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
Wimps. :| Kidding.

I suck, but seriously, it's sorta inconsiderate since I've heard cases where controllers were thrown (or almost) at people...

TEECO

Smash Ace
Lol yeah, back when I was an idiot.

Rage quitting puts you in a reallly bad mood.
And makes things awkward lol.

EDIT: I punched my door when it was halfway open, and besides it slamming, I put a beautiful hole in it.

Saw

Smash Rookie
I quit one time when I tried to spike someone, twice, and I died, twice. lolol

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I'm the fecking king of rage-quitting. I've rage quit brawl in general because I lost so bad. Of course, I come back due to this game being like crack.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Once. I was playing SSB64 with items on, on Saffron City, and I was raging on this guy when I knocked him towards the door, and a Chancey popped out, and then spawned a starman. Then, as I was running away, a pokeball spawned right behind him. He ended up taking that stock almost entirely with items.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Not so much in Brawl. In Melee....OHH GOD!!

I use to have the nasty habit of just quitting, but I've learned that even when you're getting your *** handed to you, you can still make a comeback like this guy did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8
Well, after watching that, I can say that there's no point in quitting mid match (unless you're already dead lol): You still have a chance so long as you keep your cool and the right mindset. (and even if you lose, try to go out with a bang! >=3)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'll wait till the match is over but there have been times where I'm losing my **** and give up especially ones where I start off ahead and the opponent always seems to make a comeback.

Zakplaysbrawl

Smash Rookie
Nah, i never quit because i don't take this game serious enough to get mad. Call of Duty is a different story :)

Lustar

Smash Cadet
I have rage quitted before, and every time I did I felt bad afterward. So then I decided not to rage quit ever again. Saying that it was only a game did help a little.

Quags377

Smash Rookie
No i have not quit a battle online but offline against my friends i quit all the time because they go to their created stages which are huge and no one dies ever.

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
I got Diddy *****, 3 stocked by ADHD, except I was loling, then he said get ***** :(

I have once, ~_~

I have rage quitted before, and every time I did I felt bad afterward. So then I decided not to rage quit ever again. Saying that it was only a game did help a little.
This! : )

FastFire

Smash Cadet
I mostly rage-quit in Basic Brawls, especially if your getting triple teamed against taunt spammers.....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I have quit a few times when I can tell my opponent is frustrated, but not when I am.

Ult

Smash Cadet
Im a taunt spammer on With Anyone. Sorry if I made any of you rage-quit. lol

Me I usually never quit. The only time I quit is if there is lag With Friends(Online) or if I really suck compared to whoever Im playing against.

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
I Only Quit To My One Friend Because He Plays Like A Total D-Bag

But The Funniest "Quit" Was From My Other Friend..

We Were Playing And I Think He Was Playing Ike Or Something And I Pressed Side B Instead Of Up B And It Killed Him When He Was Trying To Recover... And He Just Stood Up Screamed "I PRESSED UP!!!!!" And Ran Into His Room And Me And My Other Friends Were Just Laughing So Hard I Think We Had To Quit The Match Because It Was So Funny.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
I sometimes quit offline when accidently SDing on my last stock right after re spawning(before falling to my death). But that's about it, we already know who won, and it only happens when I camp with Falco's lasers anyways lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I used to do it a lot when i was scrubby.

I don't really ever do it anymore because Smash doesn't get me very mad. =)

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
If I ever used the "No Contest" feature to finish off a match where it was glaringly obvious who'd win, I'd probably admit defeat. I usually just finish the match to see how much more damage I can do to the opponent.

Top Bottom