• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever had any awesome bat reflection moments?

Ever had an awesome bat reflect moment?

• Yes

Votes: 82 96.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I unintentionally reflected Pac-Man's Fire Hydrant as it was falling, but surprisingly I got to hit him with it and I won that way. It was really weird. o.o

Matt ~

Smash Rookie
I hit Villager's bowling ball back at him and KO'd him...twice XD

snapkraken

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tantalus73
Sheik's burst grenade. Neither of us knew it had been reflected, so it was quite the surprise when Sheik was the one KO'd...

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Ness's reflector can break, just like everyone else's. The Villager trees do like 30%-35% damage, so naturally they wouldn't break outright. But, it doesn't break like Fox's does. Something...weird happens. Instead of him taking the hit outright, he suffers INSANE endlag on the bat, so it's like punishing a ****ing Rest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV89zj4MJ8Q

However, there is no projectile anywhere in the game's data that does enough damage to break a reflector outright. So, this will only really happen when you bat a strong projectile that they just reflected from your bat after they initially shot it.

Confused? Don't be; it'll never happen.

Last edited:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ness's reflector can break, just like everyone else's. The Villager trees do like 30%-35% damage, so naturally they wouldn't break outright. But, it doesn't break like Fox's does. Something...weird happens. Instead of him taking the hit outright, he suffers INSANE endlag on the bat, so it's like punishing a ****ing Rest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV89zj4MJ8Q

However, there is no projectile anywhere in the game's data that does enough damage to break a reflector outright. So, this will only really happen when you bat a strong projectile that they just reflected from your bat after they initially shot it.

Confused? Don't be; it'll never happen.
Ness: MY ARM! THE PAIN!

Lol very nice find. Good to know the answer to a formerly unanswered, yet oddly common question.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I tried to read a Lucario's AS, I instead reflected his Side-B and he flew off at 120 and it took me 3 seconds to figure out what happened.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I've yet to intentionally KO someone by reflecting with the bat in Smash 4.

I miss Lucas' for the fact that his forward smash was fast enough to reflect things on reaction, even at close range.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Ness: MY ARM! THE PAIN!
I don't really know why, but I absolutely died at this. I'm probably gonna make it my signature now.

I just pictured him swinging the bat, and then a loud CRACK erupts from his arm. He then screams, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!!!!"

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Ness: dude, haaaave yooou like... OH god... have you ever like, reflected a boooooooowling ball that's been reflected at yooooooouu...? It booooggles my miiiinnddd duuuuuuuude...
DUUUUUUUUUDE I got sooooooooo freakin high off it this one tiiiiimmee...

Last edited:

Thom4to

Smash Rookie
Most recent was, not even knowing it was possible, I batted Robin's up air back up at him and won the match. Was a surprise for me haha

OnettGirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Antagonistgreen
3DS FC
4742-5570-4170
Well this happened a few weeks ago but I hadn't had time to upload it till now.

Just a few stream buddies and I playing some pretty casual doubles. Batting back a hydrant from Pacman isn't really anything impressive, it was just the fact of how fast it happened. It was a blink and you missed it moment while playing which caused us all to erupt into laughter. Well...by laughter I mean all four of us in the chat spamming different variations of "OMG WTF HAPPENED LOL!!1".

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Opponent Bowser Jr started charging his cannonball on the opposite side of the stage.

I start charging Ol' Slugger.

His fully charged cannon was homerunned right back in his face by my charged bat and it was so tasty, KO at I don't even think 20%.

Ggjeed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4940-5634-9439
Basically every glory game against a villager ends with the bat. Bat vs Bowling Ball, Bat vs ridden Rocket, Bat vs Dash attack

ggamer77

Smash Cadet
NNID
ggamer77
Reflected a Villager's bowling ball.
As well as reflected a Villager riding a Loyd rocket offstage. It was pretty funny.

PKSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
SaltOnToast
Had a pretty great one were a villager shot a lloid and i swung my bat to reflect it but didn't notice the villager was also jumping so I hit the lloid and villager at the same time also causing the lloid to explode on the villager during that bat collision.

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
I got a Megaman to about 120% and was about to finish him off with the bat, then, he began charging his Smash. I hit it back to him while I was right next to him.

PSI Child

Smash Rookie
I was on for glory mode a few minutes ago and I was playing against a solid Duck Hunt Dog. I was on my last stock and my opponent had me cornered. He shot his disk at me and i happened to of timed my bat at the perfect time, I ended up hitting the disk back and I laughed my face off for a solid minute. My opponent and I ended up doing a round of bat practice for a good 3 minutes. Definitely a memorable match.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
i get these moments quite often, as a matter of fact.

i personally want to see someone reflect a reflected projectile, please make it happen.

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
Best Ness moment by far is playing a decent villager and edge guarding them to the point where they ride the Lloyd at you to get back on stage, simply pull out the bat and send them off to the blast zone. I have a few friends that play villager and the first time I do this to them always results in a speechless villager and laughing spectators.

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
Reflected Mewtwos Shadow Ball to finish ihim off. (First ever Mewtwo I killed and the new sound clip made it so much sweeter)

As-well as that I reflected a tree that the villager had pocketed after I reflected it the first time, he didn't expect me to go straight for another batting attempt.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
I played in an online tourney awhile back against a very good Megaman. In the first minute he got me off stage and when I used Pkt to recover it lagged and messed my timing up and I died. I fought back hard and got him to like 95+% on his last stock. He was spacing me out so well I hanged back for a moment to wait for him to approach me, he started running, fired a crash bomb and started running at me again. Well for the first time all game I finally hit the crash bomb back at him. He made it just in front of me before the crash bomb went off and he messed his timing up and got hit by it. As the bomb was going off, I short hopped over him and Baird him into oblivion :bee:. So while the hit back wasn't that hype, it got me an amazing kill set up.

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
Also, I was playing Against a Villager once and I made a bad read and I went for a forward smash and he got behind me and used his forward smash. Some how, by the glory of the Smash Gods, the end of my back swing caught his bowling ball and sent it straight into the air and right into his face and killed him. I still can't believe it happened lol

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
I actually had a couple more the other day at a local.
VS PacMan he tried to fast fall drop a hydrant, I manager to bat it back before it the ground and the hydrant went straight up and hit the falling PacMan... KO'd at 30% from the edge
VS Robin They tried to mix up their recovery by using Elwind right as they got to the stage, I managed to reflect the second part of Elwind straight back into them, it killed at 85%

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I'm still waiting for someone to reflect the first part of Elwind. I've done it before. It's hilarious because somehow green lines moving upward STILL SPIKE.

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
OK, so I was fighting a Duck Hunt. He was at about 95%, and I reflected his Wild Gunman (which is hard because the projectile is invisible) and it KO'd him.

QTP2T

Smash Rookie
It wasn't a particularly impressive reflect, but I was playing against a villager who liked to fair/bair from the ledge. They were at 65-70%, and they used bair at the ledge, I reflected it and killed him.

Another time i relfected fox's laser and it did 3%. It was totally worth it :pP

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
I have 2.

1. Is when I reflected a fully charged plasma shot at POINT BLANK RANGE! When you an get a read so solid you can reflect a projectile from that close you're damn right there's going to be some hype.

2. Me and this Villager were just having a huge battle of attrition with rockets and base ball bats. I got so close to him one time he got hit by both his rocket AND my base ball bat. He tried to shield it and it was apparently enough damage to break his shield. It was too beautiful.

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
This Charizard used his Flare Blitz on me and I made a home run.

As a Charizard main, I have to respect that play. Challenging a Flare Blitz is VERY hard to do and is EXTREMELY unsafe, so I gotta tip my hat on that one.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
It was a close battle I was playing:4lucas: and my opponent played :4samus: . When the fully charged :GCB: shot. I meant to hit :GCD::GCB: but instead pressed :GCR::GCA: and :4lucas:'s F-smash comes out quickly. So the stick just barley connects with the projectile and reverses it's course, backfiring on the :4samus: player. I had another one with :4ness:. It was deflecting :4pacman:'s key. But I call that one pure luck.

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Gordo reflects are so satisfying ... especially when you start the match off with it

realmwars

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RealmwarssII
It wasn't until recently I learned you could use the Bat to reflect PK Flash.

That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Top Bottom