• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever had any awesome bat reflection moments?

Ever had an awesome bat reflect moment?

• Yes

Votes: 82 96.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Playing as Ness we probably have all had a time where we reflected something with the bat. Share your moments here. If you have videos of these moments post them here.:)

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Reflected one of Mega Man's f-smashes, sending in for a KO and netting me the match. Another time I reflected a Villager's tree; did like 50% damage to him and KO'ed him.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I'll share mine link was at 150% at the edge of the stage he shot me a couple of times with some arrows. At this point I was annoyed.
Link had a fully charged arrow and I whacked the arrow right back at him killing him almost instantly.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I reflected Greninjas fully charged water shuriken back for a kill to win the first round of a semi final then got in the zone and started reflecting all sorts of Toon Links projectiles to annoy the guy in the second round to claim the win, probably my proudest Ness moment.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
so there was this falcon trying to Up-B onto the ledge, he didn't sweetspot the ledge (his head was poking above the ledge) so when i Fsmashed, i reflected him into the left blastzone.

that counts, right?

Last edited:

SageEnder

Smash Cadet
NNID
carmLne
I was in a tournament and having a hard time against a D3, we were both at our last stock, and I was at 100 whIle he was at 40 I reflected a gordo, which stuck into D3, he froze and then instantly died, he raged so hard he switched characters

ExigeOlimin

Smash Cadet
I was able to reflect a fully charged Luma shot once. My cousin's reaction was priceless. If I can get a video of the replay (having camera issues at the moment), I'll reply to this post with the video (or link to the video if the add media button glitches on me)

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I was able to reflect a fully charged Luma shot once. My cousin's reaction was priceless. If I can get a video of the replay (having camera issues at the moment), I'll reply to this post with the video (or link to the video if the add media button glitches on me)
If you could put a video up that would be awesome!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Fun fact: A fully charged Aura Sphere from Lucario, when he has 120%, reflected by the bat, breaks a full health shield in 1 hit.

How do I know this? How do you think? ;)

ilysm

sleepy
You can reflect the bowling ball?
Smash 4 is weird in that the devs drank a load of vodka and then went "Let's take a ton of things that are not supposed to be projectiles and make them projectiles" and then they did that. Villager's fsmash, fair, and bair, as well as Megaman's fsmash, jab, ftilt, nair, dair, and uair, and probably a bunch of other stuff I cannot currently recall are all projectiles. I've often been interested in whether or not, if a Villager charged an fsmash on you, you could simply charge an fsmash in response to create a deadman's switch situation. If they let go, you reflect and they die. If they don't, you fsmash them and they probably die.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
You can reflect the bowling ball?
Yup! It technically is a projectile. It's an object that moves through the air to hit you and it makes sense enough to me. It's pretty hilarious how it looks, though. A Villager tried to drop one of my from a platform on Battlefield while I was below. I swung the bat and the bowling ball just shot right back up, smacked them in the face and right to their death.

ilysm

sleepy
I was playing against my little bro once. He was running Pac Man, tried to drop a hydrant on me. I was not trying to fsmash, but the gamepad caused me to mess up my input and the hydrant shot straight up into the air at him. It wasn't a KO and I never saved the replay, sadly enough. :(

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Best thing I've probably done was reflect a Villager's Bowling Ball by complete accident. We were on the Wario stage and he was camping the fighters below with it from that platform on the left side of the stage, and I was fighting with a ZSS below and I actually meant to F-Tilt for spacing, but instead I used a F-Smash that smacked the Villager above's Bowling Ball which shot straight up and KO'd ZSS, who was using her Flip Jump and was above me at the time.

There have also been a few not-so-smart Mega Mans continuing to spam F-Smash, but that's not as fun / rewarding as some others :D

Natemaster

Smash Rookie
Once I relflected a tree at someone but he pocketed it but I managed to get it again and killed him also i relflected a lloid rocket when villager was riding it on and it sent him off the edge while he was still riding it and just fell to his death oh and reflected an arrow from link and killed...yep that's all

Pryze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Apollon1an
Reflecting Samus' side B to break her shield, and proceeding to kill her at 30% with PKT2.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I would bring up the time I reflected Samus's Charge Shot with Dark Pit's Guardian Orbitars or Warlock Punched a Villager off his rocket into oblivion, but that doesn't have anything to do with Ness.

So, instead I will tell you an old memory of mine, when I reflected a Mega Man fully charged f-smash when he was at 120. I don't think I ever saw anything fly off the screen so fast excluding 300% matches/Sudden Death or training mode and setting the CPU at 999%.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I reflected Zelda's Phantom twice in one match, with a custom that made it stronger. Killed her at like 65%.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
lol i reflected a fully charged water shuriken. greninja died with percent at 97.
funnily enough, in the next match, he fell in a flash and died with percent at 97.
then, he dair SDed at 96.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was fighting a Robin in For Glory once. He was doing really good against me, and I was really having a hard time against him. We both were on our last stock, and he had about 50% on him. He dropped his Tome, grabbed it, and then threw it at me. I ended up batting it back at him and it killed him. I lol'd when this happened.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
like... a 60% damage tree will pass through fox's reflector and hit him for full damage.
I don't think it applies to Ness but you can never be certain.

Uffe

Smash Hero
like... a 60% damage tree will pass through fox's reflector and hit him for full damage.
Fox's Reflector has always had a limit since Smash 64. Ness' f-smash has always had the ability to reflect. One is a special, the other is a smash, so I don't think breaking applies to Ness' bat. The attack itself needs to be faster. It never really works unless you lock your opponent in PKF. Maybe I'm not using it very often because I don't have a c-stick on the 3DS. I should try to see if I can pivot smash when I'm over at my friends house tomorrow.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I've seen people reflect trees and fully charged Aura Spheres with a high aura on Lucario. Pretty sure it can't.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Just had one last night, actually. I reflected :4bowserjr:'s semicharged neutral special. It knocked him to 90% and won me the match.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Yeah I managed to reflect a villager riding loid back toward the blast zone, then the rocket exploded and sent him off the top of the screen

Top Bottom