• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 40
First things first, 2 new stages are being added to the stagelist! I will say, it was a very close vote between certain nominees, and all of the options were great regardless. But ultimately the 2 winning stages are...
Roll Out!
The Battle of Autobot City
First off, congratulations to @Darkonedagger! I like when we can get creative with stage ideas rather than always specific locations, and Roll Out is a perfect embodiment of a classic Transformer trope!
But speaking of specific locations, I don't think our stage line-up would have ever been complete without The Battle of Autobot City present. I find the movie to be one of the best pieces of TF media out there and the opening battle is just incredibly iconic!
Roll Out!: 16
The Battle of Autobot City: 13
Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court: 11
The Savage Land: 10
The Battle of Egypt: 4
I'm a little disappointed The Savage Land didn't make it; But with the stage jobs I have lined up, all of these will get a second chance in the future!
NEW VOTES
We've had a handful of great item submissions for this round; Some of which making references I never thought anyone would be aware of! Like seriously, Pretenders and Powermasters referenced in 2023!?!?
As usual for items, list them all down and vote yes or no for each one! My personal votes are:

Energon Cube: Y
Requiem Blaster: Y
Harpoon: Y
Powermaster Torch: Y
Brander: Y
Energon Mace: N

There's a likely chance Megatron's moveset will involve the mace, and if I said no to the Ion Blaster because of Optimus then I'm going to keep that consistency. Anyhow, vote as you see fit!
NEW JOBS
Even across the echoes of the multiverse, the Autobots still stand in Megatron's way of total domination! But if they think they have the advantage in numbers... they are surely mistaken! For every Autobot that partakes in the war, there is a Decepticon to rival them. For every Maximal, a Predacon awaits for their demise. The legacy of war and conquest runs deep, stretching millennia, and ultimately Megatron's influence will never fade from his cause, albeit Decepticon or descendant of. Total annihilation awaits!

After the breakout success of Villain characters in the G.I. Joe line, Hasbro made sure to start off the Transformers just as strong, leading way to one of the most iconic group of villains to ever grace Pop Culture. A major, major part of the Transformers brand, in fact an entire half of it, the Decepticon insignia stands as an instantly iconic and recognizable trait of the franchise; not to mention the immense cult favoritism of the descendant faction and counterforce to the Maximals: The Predacons, a term that has carried great meaning even beyond Beast Wars!
With all of this in consideration, and with a roster as large as Hasbro Game Night Fight, just having Megatron is not enough, wouldn't you agree?
Decepticons_Destrons.jpg
Job: Nominate a Decepticon or Predacon!
Rinse and repeat of the last character job, but this time from the other side of the war!
If the character was ever at any point a Decepticon, or part of its descendant faction from 1996's Beast Wars, the Predacons, they're elligible! Additionally, this job will also be having a slight expansion: There are multiple Transformers villains that don't quite fit either description, but for the sake of brevity they'll be eligible as well, just as long as they're Cybertronians, and, well, evil!
This selection of characters is almost as seamlessly endless as the Autobots, and we only have Megatron on the roster, so plenty of options are on the table here; good luck!

Megatron's moveset is coming later today!

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Yes to all the items except for the Energon Mace since I feel the Mace should be a part of Megatron's moveset.

Decepticon:

Starscream

Starscream_(Transformers).jpg

Another frequently occuring Decepticon that has appeared across all aspects in the Transformers franchise. He can incorporate his jet form into his moveset as well as fight with other Decepticon weapons. He's also Megatron's second-in-command. An iconic pick here that we should add for sure.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I’m gonna use this opportunity to submit my favorite Transformer after Grimlock:

Soundwave
1674149544360.jpeg

This cool dude is one of the highest ranking Decepticons under Megatron. He’s also one of the few to survive all the way through the entire G1 series, and his eventual death was an extremely rare example of Galvatron (Megatron’s second form) actually genuinely mourning someone. Or at least that’s what was supposed to happen. It sure didn’t sound that way in the infamously bad Headmasters dub…

Soundwave transforms into a cassette player, and is capable of recording and playing back sounds. However, his real “gimmick” so to speak is that he has a selection of smaller Transformers who live inside of his chest! Each of these smaller Transformers are cassette tapes that transform into differently shaped robots- most of whom are animals.

My suggestion for Soundwave as a fighter is that he will function as a hybrid of Pokémon Trainer and Rosalina and Luma. He will be able to swap between three of his Cassette friends, who will fight alongside him and provide different attack options. The three cassettes I would use for this are Laserbeak, Ravage, and Rumble.
1674150038815.jpeg
1674150093054.jpeg
1674150153723.jpeg

(I will totally make a moveset design later if he gets voted in, especially since I plan to make this in Fraymakers anyway)

D

Deleted member

Energon Cube: Y
Requiem Blaster: Y
Harpoon: Y
Powermaster Torch: Y
Brander: Y
Energon Mace: N

TFLegends-Blackarachnia.jpg

Blackarachnia
Originally from the Beast Wars franchise, then making it into other parts of the franchise, most notably Transfomers animated. Blackarachnia is extremely popular. A Predacon, she's clever and extremely dangerous. She has insect like powers, including four insect like legs, a claw and a stinger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Waspinator

Continuing my trend of nominating grammatically-challenged alien robots, we have Waspinator!

One of Megatron's original group of Predacons, Waspinator stands out among the bunch because the universe hates him. He's basically the Transformers version of South Park's Kenny, constantly getting blown up or beaten up in comedic ways. (between that and his insectoid transformation, he'd likely be a very light character)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
General Playstyle
Megatron is a mid-range heavyweight bruiser, essentially acting as a walking powerhouse. To best reflect his character, his moveset is split between gaining and exerting raw power, and skillful elegance in traditional melee combat.

Megatron has a special distinction among most other classic Transformers characters, in that his vehicle mode have often completely changed depending on the design, going from a handheld gun to a jet, a helicopter, a truck, and so forth. For the sake of consistency in character design, Megatron's vehicle mode will decidedly be a tank, following in suit of most modern redesigns for the character.
Much like Optimus, his dash animation will be a tank transformation.

And finally, Megatron's primary weapon is his Energon Mace, rivaling Optimus' axe.
Attack NameDescription
Jab (Gentleman's and Rapid)​
For the Gentleman's Jab, Megatron simply punches the opponent with his free hand.
For the Rapid Jab, Megatron grabs the chain of the mace and swings it twice in front of him, at a short range.

Additionally, if the attack button is held down, Megatron can freely move his mace following the player's directional input, a mechanic pulled straight from the Belmonts in both Castlevania and Smash.
Down Tilt​
Megatron quickly strikes his mace at a downwards angle, catching the opponent's lower hitbox and sending them off balance, allowing for a brief follow-up attack.
Side Tilt​
Megatron whips his mace forward, crashing it into the ground, acting as a singular strike with long range.​
Up Tilt​
Megatron swirls his mace over his head, horizontally.
Dash Attack​
Megatron fires off a round from the tank turret, with the recoil from the blast forcing him to stop in his treads and transform into robot mode.
Getup Attack​
Megatron quickly rises and does a sweeping sword slash to catch the opponent off-guard! For this attack, he uses the Laser Dagger from the 1986 Movie, the same one he stabs Optimus with!
1674186256742.jpeg
Ledge Attack + Follow-Up​
Megatron sweep kicks the opponent as he swings himself over the ledge.
If the attack button is pressed again during this animation, Megatron will follow-up by transforming into tank mode and firing off a round from the turret.
When put together, this acts as a 2-hit recovery attack that pushes the opponent away from the ledge... forcefully.
Attack NameDescription
Neutral Air​
Megatron once again equips his Laser Dagger from the 1986 Movie for a forward aerial slash!
Screenshot 2023-01-22 134138.png
Down Air​
Megatron transforms into tank mode and falls straight downward; As he lands, the ground cracks beneath and a purple bolt of lightning strikes, dealing high amounts of damage to anyone caught in the attack.

This move is directly pulled from his various boss fights in Transformers: Devastation.
MegatronTank.png
Up Air​
Megatron holds his mace close as he boosts himself upward with flight, bashing opponents with it like a short-range wrecking ball and dealing upwards knockback.
Forward Air​
Megatron swings his mace in front of him at full force, acting as a spike with downward knockback
Back Air​
Megatron whips the mace backwards before swinging it back around and catching it.
Attack NameDescription
A Kaon Classic (Side)​
Megatron glows purple as he swiftly reaches out for a grab attack.
If he successfully grabs the opponent, Megatron runs across the stage dragging them on the floor, before throwing them in the air and firing off a blast from his fusion cannon.

This is an attack directly pulled from his boss fights in Transformers: Devastation. The attack, by nature, moves Megatron across a chunk of the stage.
Screenshot 2023-01-19 205041.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 204946.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 205537.png
Sterner Stuff (Down)​
Megatron glows purple as he strikes the ground down with his bare fist, causing a shockwave that sends opponents flying.​

Megatron simply shakes the pain off without flinching, proving he is truly made of sterner stuff.
War Machine (Up)​
Megatron transforms into tank mode and fires a powerful blast from the turret up into the air! Once the shell connects with an opponent, the sheer force of impact will cause an explosion, resulting in a high knockback attack.

If the Tank shell does not connect in the air, it will simply plummet into the ground and explode.
Special Move NameDescription
Fusion Cannon (Neutral)​
Megatron fires a burst of plasma from his signature weapon - the Fusion Cannon! Each shot can be held and charged up, until reaching it's maximum charge, for which Megatron can then hold onto it before firing it off for maximum damage.​
This is functionally similar to Samus' neutral special in Smash.
Rapid Flight (Up)​
Megatron flies upwards in the air as the wind bursts beneath him, before losing the ability after a short period.
Functionally, this is similar to Black Adam's flight recovery in Multiversus.

In addition, a shadow effect will be applied as Megatron flies within the air, referencing several of his high-speed aerial movement animations from Transformers: Devastation.
Megatron.png
No Escape! (Side)​
Megatron swings his flail across the stage - this move has a long-range reach. If the flail catches an opponent, Megatron tangles them in his chains and drags them across the ground (or air) directly to him, dealing damage as they are caught in the pure, burning Energon chains.
Heart of Cybertron (Down)​
Megatron holds in his hand an ancient Cybertonian relic- the Heart of Cybertron, capable of powering an entire starship! Its bright energy glows as it boosts Megatron's power, increasing his speed and defense stats for a limited time!
However, overusing this move will cause the Heart to overheat and afflict a burn affect onto Megatron, causing self-damage.
This is a reference to the the 1985 episode "Microbots" in which the Heart of Cybertron is central to its plot.
This move itself is akin to Cloud's Limit Break, but it must be charged by performing it rather than it being done overtime
Super Move NameDescription
Level 1 - Giant Purple Griffin!​
Megatron calls for the calvary, and surely enough, it arrives! Flying overhead, a Giant Purple Griffin appears, laying heavy laser-fire onto the stage before flying off!​

This is a reference to one of the most memorable and laughed at evil schemes from the original show, featured in the episode 1985 "Aerial Assault". It is the absolute pinnacle of wacky 80's villains plots.
Level 2 - Power of a Black Hole​
All gloves are off now! Through monstrous self-experimentation, Megatron's internals have become a series of interdimensional portals, through which he siphons the power of Anti-Matter! Pouring out of his optics, Megatron charges up a powerful blast of Anti-Matter through which the player can direct and fire, and if the opponent's percentage is higher than 100%, they are instantly obliterated!​
This attack travels through platforms.

Anti-Matter is a specialty ability Megatron has had in both the Marvel and IDW comics, though it is on rare (but memorable) occurrence.
TauntsDescriptions
Maniacal Laughter​
Megatron stands proud with his hands pressed against his hips as he simply leans his head back and lets out a classic, maniacal, "Muhahahaha", the symbol of 80's Megatron villainy.​
Such Heroic Nonsense​
Megatron simply retorts, "Such heroic nonsense", as he whips his mace in front of himself diagonally.

This is a direct reference one of his most infamous lines in the 1986 Movie.
You Disgust Me!​
Megatron admires, and then throws, a spare Energon cube. If it connects with an opponent, the taunt will deal 1% damage!

This is a direct reference to this famous scene from the original series.

Entrance Animation - A space bridge portal opens as Megatron slow-walks out, exuding a threatening aura whilst said portal closes behind him.

Idle Animation 1 - Megatron clenches his fist in front of him, thirsting for a proper fight.
Idle Animation 2 - Kremzeek pops out from behind Megatron and briefly hops around him, with Megatron attempting to catch the petulant pest, before it zaps itself away.

For several of Megatron's high damage attacks, a purple glow emanates just before the input, a detail pulled from Transformers: Devastation in which incoming high damage attacks would be indicated to the player with this method.
MegatronGlow.png
---​
And with that, Megatron's moveset is finally complete. I went back and forth on so many different options for attacks and references; I'm not quite sure I ended at a place where I am as happy with the final product as I am with Optimus... though ultimately, I will leave the verdict up to y'all; Does this moveset live up to your expectations for a playable Megatron?

On another note, quite a few major characters have still yet to be nominated. I may have to follow-up on one of them, since the options are available!
BOO!!

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job: Decepticon or Predacon
GALVATRON
Given that I nominated Hot Rod last time, it's only fitting that I nominated his nemesis, and a major antagonist debuting in the same 1986 movie: Galvatron!

A major villain in Transformers lore, Galvatron is traditionally a Decepticon leader that replaces Megatron; In fact, in most he cases he is Megatron! After being defeated in battle by Optimus Prime, Megatron crosses paths with the Monster Planet Unicron, reformatting him into a new body with a new name, forcing Galvatron to serve Unicron as a slave.
With this transformation, Megatron is essentially erased, being replaced by a new personality, though one as equally vile. With this in mind, you can definitely consider Galvatron as a separate character, one that has memories of being Megatron. And to further solidify this difference...
Galvatron does what Megatron never did: He stops f*cking around.

Now, with that aside, Galvatron quickly replaces Megatron as the Decepticon leader, becoming the rival to Rodimus Prime, who had replaced Optimus in the Autobot army. Outside of the Decepticon Big 4 (Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave), Galvatron ranks as one of the most influential and popular villains around, which is capitalize on by Hasbro as he continuously makes various appearances in modern media, from Beast Wars II to Transformers: Armada, a starring role in the live-action films, and even in the recent IDW Comics, in which Galvatron is a completely unrelated character to Megatron! Wild, huh?

Of course, you may ask if it would be confusing for Megatron and Galvatron to cross paths on the same battlefield? Not quite, as in the Marvel comics, a very famous storyline occurred known as Target: 2005, in which Galvatron travels back in time to prevent Unicron's takeover, only to come across his past self!
To top this resume off, Galvatron was voiced by the Leonard Nimoy, aka Spock, in the original 1986 Movie!

Given that Unicron and Megatron are present in the game, it definitely stands to reason that Galvatron can find a place in this narrative, especially if The Matrix of Leadership is still out there; Galvatron will stop at nothing to have it for himself, after all!
(I won't be doing a larger write-up or moveset for Galvatron; I just spent about a 2 hours brainstorming and writing out the Megatron moveset, and I think the point of this character comes across as is.)
---
Quick update, but I changed Megatron's getup and forward air attacks to reference the laser dagger he had in the 1986 Movie. A very small change, but I went back and forth on if the dagger should even be referenced or not, since the focus was on the mace. I found room for both, naturally.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 41
Before we get into today's vote, which is a huge one, yesterday's vote for the items have officially wrapped!
The Energon Cubes and Requiem Blaster were all a unanimous "Yes" for inclusion; Longtooth's Harpoon, The Powermaster Torch and the Decepticon Brander are also all being included!
Comparatively, Megatron's Energon Mace was a unanimous "No", which works out as it was heavily featured in his moveset, which I finally completed yesterday! Check it out here!
Now, without further ado...
NEW VOTES
Whilst the Autobot/Maximal votes got 7 nominees, we ended up getting a whopping 9 this time around, some of which are characters I didn't even expect to see referenced in this thread! Clearly, the demand for 'Cons is high!
Going down the list...
kindpng_4709170.png
The Decepticon that needs no introduction, Starscream, nominated by AlteredBeast AlteredBeast !
A popular, vintage name, shared among both Decepticons and Predacons since 1987, it's the scorpion themed set of villains, Scorponok, nominated by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 !
Pop Culture icon, Megatron's right-hand man, and a founding 1984 Transformer, it's the Chief Espionage Agent and Communications Officer of the Decepticons, Soundwave, nominated by Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear !
300px-Terrorsaur-jp-removebg-preview.png
A character whose nomination did surprise me: it's a classic member of the Beast Wars Predacons, and direct equivalent to Starscream, the treacherous Terrorsaur, nominated by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap !
Rounding out the Decepticon Big 4, it's another fan-favorite icon; the cold, logical, emotionless scientist of the Decepticon crew, and very often a direct rival to Megatron's leadership, it's the one-optic wonder Shockwave, nominated by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !
670d3435b7cf3164f525ef5e541a4e7d--transformers-robot-removebg-preview.png
de9xz7f-37ee810c-571d-4bed-b0de-7654ce3e6009-removebg-preview.png
Not one, but two seductress spider bots!
First up, it's another icon of the Beast Wars, and a classic fan-favorite, the redeemable Predacon loner Blackarachnia, nominated by @Darkonedagger!
And comparatively, her Decepticon counterpart from Transformers: Prime, the psychotic irredeemable copter-bot, Airachnid, nominated by DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !
Despite the similarities, both are separate characters and will be counted as such in the vote, so choose wisely!
300px-Waspinatorbw-removebg-preview.png
Rounding out our cast of Predacons, it's the second most popular character of Beast Wars (behind Dinobot), the ever-so loveable, seemingly indestructible, and tragic case of constant cannon fodder for the Maximals, the one and only, Waspinator, nominated by Megadoomer Megadoomer !
And finally, closing off the set of official TF: Hall of Fame alumni; The successor to Megatron, a slave to Unicron, antagonist of the classic 1986 Movie, and the unbelievably insane Leader of the Decepticons, the mighty warrior: Galvatron, nominated by PinkFlare PinkFlare (AKA Me!)

Shortlist
Mirroring the previous Autobots/Maximals round, another face of the Beast Wars series didn't see nomination, this time in the form of its primary villain, Megatron!
...But, without Optimus Primal on the roster, it's not quite the same, is it? Those two will have to continue their feud another day!

Moreover, I am quite a bit surprised with some of the nominations! But, ultimately, only 2 of the 9 will be joining the roster alongside the original Megatron!
So, with this in mind, vote for your Top 3, and your own can't be in first!
NEW JOBS
Following up on Tuesday's job, y'all likely have already guessed what this next stage job is!

Job: Nominate a Transformers Stage not set on Earth!
Earth is the primary locale of the Transformers stories, but there's a whole universe worth of war out there, and that's what this job is dedicated towards! Whether it be a desperate escape on a warship, a distant, hostile planet, or even set a top Unicron himself, any location set outside of Earth is eligible! For those who've watched Transformers: Cybertron, you're lucky enough to get a headstart in this job, aren't ya?

Movesets and Arcade Endings for any character are open indefinitely!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Starscream
2. Soundwave
3. Waspinator

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Stage Nominate:
"We are the 13, the first, the forgotten, each of us serving a function vital to the survival of the universe. Each of us designated a Prime and given a function to serve during the long march of infinity."
realm.png

Realm of the Primes
An ethereal plane beyond and outside of time and space and inhabited by several members of the original Thirteen.

Some of them are capable of altering the realm to their will, reshaping its geography or creating illusionary constructs.

The fighters battle on a stage that's constantly shapeshifting and changing a lot being alerted and warped with reality itself going goofy aah.

Illusions would appear being stage hazards attacking the fighters, yes you can fight them.
(Think of Stage Morph from Smash but taken to extreme levels)
thirdteen.jpg

(The 13 Primes seen here would make appearances watching the battle as it goes on)

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Starscream
Soundwave
Waspinator

Stage submission:
Quintessa
1674240080036.png

Taking place on the home planet of the Quintessons, who (in the original G1 continuity, at least) created the Transformers. This stage specifically takes place in the Quintesson's judgment chamber, as seen in the Movie!
1674252191166.png

You'll fight in front of the Quintesson court as they judge the fighters for their supposed crimes. Guilty or not, however... really makes no difference.

The stage is a walkoff platform with a big hole in the center. This whole is covered up at first, but once the Quintessons make their verdict, it opens. Now, fighters can fall in there, and if they do...
1674240051809.png

They fall into a Sharkticon pit! The Sharkticons will attempt to tear fighters to pieces, so you gotta try to jump out of the pit if you can. Just be sure to do it before the pit is closed back up, or you'll be forced to stay down there until the Sharkticons gnaw on you long enough for an instant KO.

Attachments

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Gonna get my votes in early on!
  1. Soundwave
  2. Shockwave
  3. Starscream
Job: Cosmic Transformers Stage
THE BOWELS OF UNICRON
What? Unicron as a boss and a stage?
Honestly, yes! It makes sense! Imagine in the story mode an entire level taking place inside Unicron before he transforms! Then the boss fight follows, and after that you unlock this stage! A memoir of your epic stand against Unicron and a way to give the primary boss a presence outside of Boss fights!

Given that this stage would take place inside Unicron, it makes sense to showcase the interior part of him.

Ideally, the main stage would take place in the same area of Unicron in which Hot Rod and Galvatron fought in the '86 Movie.
Screenshot 2023-01-20 140931.png
Unicron1.png
This first half of the stage would be an open walk-off area, whilst the other is a raised platform, similar to the one Galvatron is standing on. The main focus of the stage would be the details of the background... until the platforms start shifting about inside Unicron!

Players would have to move alongside the stage during the fight as they are elevated into different areas of Unicron! Many memorable segments from the Movie will be referenced as the stage moves!
The most obvious would be Unicron's Maw...
Which would open up as the fight continues, to reveal a large scale space battle going on outside! The combined forces of the Autobots and Decepticons making their final stand, as seen in the Movie! Similar to this, pretty much:
Various other parts of Unicron can be viewed as the platforms move:
Vat of Acid

Various cameos between background Transformers characters can be made as they are lined to their untimely demise!​
All-Seeing Computer

The fight between players would be shown on this screen, similar to Smash' Pokemon Stadium!​
Eye of Unicron

Over the course of this fight, Unicron will transform, bringing us up to his glowing green eyes; Complete with a spaceship-sized crack in it, from the Movie!​
Quintesson Crusiser

Additionally, the Quintesson ship the Autobots use to bust through Unicron's eye can be seen as a wreckage in the background, sharing continuity with the crack in Unicron's eye!​

But of course, given that you're inside Unicron, a stage hazard or two is an inevitable occurrence. Unicron's anti-bodies will make varying appearances attacking players throughout the fight!
Pincers (Movie)
Screenshot 2023-01-20 141841.png
The "Immune System" (IDW Comics)
Dead End Drones (Armada)

The fight ultimately ends in front of Unicron's eye, with the layout changing from a walkoff to a platform located above a chasm, leading deep back inside Unicron's interior.
That about wraps it up for this stage nomination, I believe!
While Hot Rod and Galvatron aren't in the game, Unicron is, and I feel it fitting that he gets his own stage complete with references to his debut appearance. Plus, it would be the first time Optimus and Megatron fight one another inside Unicron himself, which is equally as fitting!
---​
On another note...
Unfortunately I couldn't find a good image of the area I'm referring to. But, you'll fight in front of the Quintesson court as they judge the fighters for their supposed crimes. Guilty or not, however... really makes no difference.
I believe this is what you're looking for!
I actually did consider the Pit of Judgement as a stage before deciding on Unicron.

For those who are still looking for stage ideas, here are a few I pulled from Transformers history.
The Lost Light
One of the most famous Transformer ships that isn't the Ark or Nemesis! This is the main location of IDW's comic More Than Meets the Eye, which is an award-winning comic series. Megatron was a Captain on it!​
Junkion
The Junk capital of the Universe, where trash and junk that drifts across space eventually end up, and home to the Junkion race! Also debuted in the 1986 Movie

Admittedly, this is a great stage to sneak in some TF and even general Hasbro references!​
The Dead Universe
If you're familiar with Marvel's Negative Zone, then you can get a grasp of the Dead Universe! A location originating from the IDW Comics, which has now seen inclusion in various other parts of the franchise!​
The Planet-Destroying Fortress
Taken from the Japanese Exclusive sequel show Transformers: Victory! This fortress was the climax of the series, in which the Autobot Supreme Commander Star Saber and Decepticon Emperor of Destruction Deathsaurus held their final ballads against one another in an all-out fight!​
If we don't get enough nominations I might throw these all in as options anyway hehe.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
For those who haven't, make sure to put your votes and submissions in soon!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Airachnid
2. Soundwave
3. Starscream

Cosmic Transformers Stage:

The Lost Light

Mtmte28-cover-lost-light.jpg

Thanks to PinkFlare PinkFlare , I ultimately thought this location should be a stage. I feel the layout should be kind of similar to Lylat Cruise (yes, it sucks as a competitively legal stage in the Smash series) but still, you fight on the platforms of the ship in the layout of Lylat and you will pass by various planets seen in Transformers. "Fuel quills" make the platforms. Transformers should have a competitively legal stage in Hasbro Game Night Fight after all so this should be the stage that's legal for the competitive scene.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 42
I do apologize for how late this day is; I slept at 3 am last night and only woke up about an hour ago.
But anyhow. Day 42 is officially starting! The job for today isn't likely going to be too big, so don't worry too much about it.

Alright, now to get to the good part, and I know this is what you're all excited to see: The Winners of the Decepticon/Predacon vote, and the next 2 characters joining the Hasbro Game Night Fight Roster!
Truth be told these results shouldn't be too surprising if you've taken a quick glance at any of the votes, or are just a Transformers fan. I did have a gut feeling these two characters would top the vote before they were even nominated, and lo and behold they won by an absolute landslide!

First up, it's the iconic Decepticon himself, hell, a pop culture icon in his own right, with an entire character trope named after him; the aerial ace commander:
Yeah, no surprise, it's Starscream! Congratulations to AlteredBeast AlteredBeast , who was quick to nominate him right off the bat!
Everyone had him in their #1 spot for the votes, with the exception of Altered and I, (and the former wasn't even allowed to do so anyway), leading to a crowning victory with 29 Points!

The only other character that came close, is another pop culture icon, and a recurring face of the Decepticon army; In fact, for those who didn't know, back in 1984, the design of the Decepticon insignia was based on this character! (So, quite literally the face of the cause, but I digress); Megatron's top loyalist:
Again, no surprise, it's Soundwave! With the exception of one user, Soundwave made it into everyone's Top 3, netting him a total of 20 points, not that far off from Starscream! Congratulations to Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear , who now has both her favorites in the same roster!
Starscream: 29
Soundwave: 20
Airachnid: 6
Shockwave: 4
Waspinator: 3
Galvatron: 3
Blackarachnia: 1
Scorponok: 0
Terrorsaur: 0
And yeah, no other character even made it to the double digits, let alone into the 20's range!
I have to say, I am surprised Airachnid amassed 6 point during all this; She's not exactly a well-liked character by the fans. But anyhow!

With that, this also completes the Decepticon main trio!
Perhaps Shockwave will join as DLC to complete the Big 4 Quartet?
But anyhow, I think that about covers the results phase of yesterday's round. So, moving on...
NEW VOTES
We have 5 options for Non-Earth Transformers Stages today, all of which I feel are really unique choices!
Quick shout-out to Chaar, since not a lot of you might have caught it; It was the primary Decepticon base for Season 3 of the original show, when Galvatron lead the Decepticons after the movie!

Anyhow, rank your Top 3, and your own can't be in first!
NEW JOBS
I wanted to end Transformers week off with a bang, and usually the biggest bangs here are character jobs. So, with that in mind, I think I have the perfect prompt.

Job: Nominate a Transformers (mini-)Boss!
Yep, we're going to throw in a second Transformers Boss! I say mini, though, as they won't necessarily be as grand as our first boss Unicron. We have yet to have a Mini-Boss anyhow, so this helps vary our Boss selection!
Submit any idea you have for a Boss/Mini-Boss! They can be based off an already playable character or use an entirely new moveset; Additionally, they can be the same size as any of our current fighters, since we're not attempting to catch up to the scale of the other bosses!

I can already think of 5 or 6 ideas; The options are out there, so get to it!

Open Discussion: Megatron's Moveset
Really quick, I did want to collect some thoughts on Megatron's moveset before I moved on. Since movesets for this thread have been slow, I'm thinking about taking on movesets for several other characters, so any feedback regarding Megatron would be appreciated as he and Optimus will likely be the basis for my future movesets. (Count how many times I said movesets haha)

Movesets and Arcade Endings are open indefinitely for any Character!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Unicron
Pit of Judgment
Lost Light

Mini Boss:
The Constructicons
1674332077765.jpeg

The very first team of Combiner Transformers in the series, and the Deceptions’ first super powerful trump card for a fair while until tons of other Combiner teams showed up on both sides and eventually rendered them lost in the shuffle.

This team of Robots with a kind of odd choice for a color scheme (albeit an instantly recognizable one) each transform into a different construction vehicle.
  • Scrapper (the leader) is a front-end loader.
  • Bonecrusher (the destructive one) is a bulldozer.
  • Scavenger (the one with self esteem issues) is a power shovel.
  • Mixmaster (the chemist) is a cement mixer.
  • Hook (the engineer) is a crane.
  • Long Haul (the transporter) is a dump truck.

Together they can form into the extremely powerful giant- Devestator.

1674332030734.jpeg

As a mini boss, I suggest that you must first battle each Constructicon individually. They each function just like a fighter with percentages and knockback and all that- they’re also each roughly the same sizes as the Transformers fighters we have. They each have limited, yet powerful movesets, usually restricted to a few basic punches, gun shots, and “specials” involving their vehicle modes.

Once each Constructicon is defeated, however, you’ll have to face Devestator himself. Devestator is a giant boss in the background who must be defeated by attacking his body parts as he swings them into the battle plane to attack you. But, he doesn’t have too much HP since you already beat up six other guys.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Unicron
Pit of Judgment
Lost Light

Mini Boss:
The Constructicons
View attachment 366825
The very first team of Combiner Transformers in the series, and the Deceptions’ first super powerful trump card for a fair while until tons of other Combiner teams showed up on both sides and eventually rendered them lost in the shuffle.

This team of Robots with a kind of odd choice for a color scheme (albeit an instantly recognizable one) each transform into a different construction vehicle.
  • Scrapper (the leader) is a front-end loader.
  • Bonecrusher (the destructive one) is a bulldozer.
  • Scavenger (the one with self esteem issues) is a power shovel.
  • Mixmaster (the chemist) is a cement mixer.
  • Hook (the engineer) is a crane.
  • Long Haul (the transporter) is a dump truck.

Together they can form into the extremely powerful giant- Devestator.

View attachment 366824

As a mini boss, I suggest that you must first battle each Constructicon individually. They each function just like a fighter with percentages and knockback and all that- they’re also each roughly the same sizes as the Transformers fighters we have. They each have limited, yet powerful movesets, usually restricted to a few basic punches, gun shots, and “specials” involving their vehicle modes.

Once each Constructicon is defeated, however, you’ll have to face Devestator himself. Devestator is a giant boss in the background who must be defeated by attacking his body parts as he swings them into the battle plane to attack you. But, he doesn’t have too much HP since you already beat up six other guys.
I can imagine Devestator getting more desperate and dangerous as he loses his body parts AKA other Constructs.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Bowels of Unicron
2. Pit of Judgement
3. Lost Light

Transformers Mini Boss

Shadow Raiders

ezgif-4-d66b3aa72d.jpg

Basically, this would be a bit of a raid boss fight as to represent villains from the live-action Transformers films. You will have to fight a horde of 20 of them. 5 will appear at a time. Be careful! They are all super powerful and have top combatant skills. They are around the same size as the average fighter but they pack a punch.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Bowels of Unicron
2. Pit of Judgement
3. The Lost Light

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Mini-Boss: Lugnut and Blitzwing
TFA Blitzwing and Lugnut by ninjatron on DeviantArt

Lugnut and Blitzwing are some of the main Deceptions in the show Transformers Animated(Canon Foreigners as well). Lugnut will be slow but heavy hitting, whilst Blitzwing will have three healthbars based on his three personalities(Hothead, Icy and Random.)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Pit of Judgement
  2. Bowels of Unicron
  3. Realm of the Primes

Really quickly, I am going to submit my own idea for a mini-boss! That being...

Job: Transformers Boss
GALVATRON
Given that I nominated Hot Rod last time, it's only fitting that I nominated his nemesis, and a major antagonist debuting in the same 1986 movie: Galvatron!

A major villain in Transformers lore, Galvatron is traditionally a Decepticon leader that replaces Megatron; In fact, in most he cases he is Megatron! After being defeated in battle by Optimus Prime, Megatron crosses paths with the Monster Planet Unicron, reformatting him into a new body with a new name, forcing Galvatron to serve Unicron as a slave.
With this transformation, Megatron is essentially erased, being replaced by a new personality, though one as equally vile. With this in mind, you can definitely consider Galvatron as a separate character, one that has memories of being Megatron. And to further solidify this difference...
Galvatron does what Megatron never did: He stops f*cking around.

Now, with that aside, Galvatron quickly replaces Megatron as the Decepticon leader, becoming the rival to Rodimus Prime, who had replaced Optimus in the Autobot army. Outside of the Decepticon Big 4 (Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave), Galvatron ranks as one of the most influential and popular villains around, which is capitalize on by Hasbro as he continuously makes various appearances in modern media, from Beast Wars II to Transformers: Armada, a starring role in the live-action films, and even in the recent IDW Comics, in which Galvatron is a completely unrelated character to Megatron! Wild, huh?

Of course, you may ask if it would be confusing for Megatron and Galvatron to cross paths on the same battlefield? Not quite, as in the Marvel comics, a very famous storyline occurred known as Target: 2005, in which Galvatron travels back in time to prevent Unicron's takeover, only to come across his past self!
To top this resume off, Galvatron was voiced by the Leonard Nimoy, aka Spock, in the original 1986 Movie!

Given that Unicron and Megatron are present in the game, it definitely stands to reason that Galvatron can find a place in this narrative, especially if The Matrix of Leadership is still out there; Galvatron will stop at nothing to have it for himself, after all!
Yes, it may seem redundant to submit him again just after I did so, BUT, I think Galvatron should be in this game somewhere.

It makes sense: If Unicron is involved in the story, it stands to reason that his heralds would be present as well, just like how Galactus has heralds!
I considered a few other characters for this role in particular, from other parts of the series, but Galvatron to me makes the most sense. He's the most iconic out of all of Unicron's other heralds, but apart from that, he fits the story best.

And, uh, hear me out on this, first: If Unicron is the main boss of the story, having a mini-boss that builds up to him that way, right? But out of all of them, Galvatron is the most personal for the present Transformers characters, namely Megatron, and having Galvatron as a time traveler directly challenging Megatron (because the former is the latter from the future) it makes a ton of sense to me. Megatron needs a direct reason to want to team-up with the Autobots against Unicron, and Galvatron is simply the easiest one.

Plus, the attacks kind of write themselves, because Galvatron has a lot of history to pull from!

Anyway whatever. Day 43 is going to start in like another half hour so. see you then.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 43
Alright, so with all the votes accounted for, we have our next 2 stages being included in the game, both of which representing the Transformers Universe! They are...
Depths of Unicron
Pit of Judgement
Congratulations to Torgo the Bear Torgo the Bear for their stage submission! Also, very last minute but I did decide to change the name of my stage. "Bowels" kinda bothered me, it's not that ominous for Unicron. But anyhow; Very happy with these two stages! Incidentally both reference Villains that aren't Decepticons and are both directly from the 1986 Movie! We have a lot of 1986 Movie references now, thinking about it....
Unicron: 18
Pit of Judgement: 13
The Lost Light: 8
Realm of the Primes: 3
Chaar: 0
I love The Lost Light and I am very glad to see it submitted as a stage in this thread! Granted, I didn't vote for it because I feel like it's inclusion would be too soon. Perhaps another time.
Chaar could also still make it as Galvatron's boss stage, should he be the winner of the Boss outcome! Speaking of which...
NEW VOTES
Our selections for Transformers bosses are...
Since we only have 4 nominations, rank only your top 2, and your own can't be in first! Only 1 Mini-Boss will be added to the boss-list
  1. Devastator​
  2. Galvatron​
Devastator slipped my mind as a potential boss but this is such a good idea for one of the most iconic Transformers ever! I'm still shooting for Galvatron, though.
All of these are actually very awesome ideas for mini-bosses! If the response for this job is positive I may expand to have a couple more mini-bosses for other Hasbro series!
NEW JOBS
Open Discussion: How was Transformers Week?
I wasn't always too sure about having a full week of just Transformers, but this is a huge IP for Hasbro, and a huge favorite series of mine, so I wanted to go all the way with what could be done as representation for this project. We hit a lot of major beats and I did make sure to have some really good options for jobs, but I did want to ask: How do you feel this week went?
Additionally...

Open Discussion: How are the additions to the Roster?
This week we only added 3 characters, but all of the are heavy hitters for our line-up: Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave! How do you feel about this character additions? Additionally, our number of playable Transformers is now 6, as these 3 are joining Optimus, Bumblebee and Megatron! How do you feel about these 6 being the representatives of the series? Hell, how do you feel the Faction jobs (Autobots & Decepticons) went; We got a lot more nominations that I was anticipating, especially for characters I didn't even think would get the submission! Lots of unique options discussed for characters that didn't make it in, all of which we can touch up on in the future!

With that said, I think 6 is going to be the total for Transformers, unless we get stray nominations for the next 2 character jobs, though I'm not quite sure we will. We still need room for other Hasbro series, after all!

Job: Write a Character Reveal Trailer (any character!)
Same as last week, and you can do more than one! We still only have uh, I think 16 character revealed so far, so feel free to write up as many as you want!
I might just go ahead and write up a full Transformers-centered reveal for all the recent content, but we'll see if I'm up for it later in the day.

Job: Submit Alternate Costumes for any character!
Been a while since we did one of these! With all the recent Transformer additions I've been thinking about potential costumes, so I may as well make it a full job.

Otherwise, that is about it for this reflection day... BUT, I do have one more thing.
Important Announcement!
We only have 5 characters left before our base roster is complete! And with that, only 2 character jobs remain. Normally I would hold them on Monday and Thursday each, but there's still some content left for us to fill in for a complete base game. And, I do want the final character job to have a bit more of a build-up to it, so, only 1 Playable Character job this week, tomorrow. Thursday will be filled out with another potential job, though I'll make sure it's an active one. The following Monday will be the last character job, for the base game, at least. Get hype!

And, in case you're wondering what the next character job is, tomorrow will be an All-Women Characters round. Very open-ended with plenty of options from various series, ones that also aren't the big obvious ones that we already have (Rainbow Dash, Jem, Scarlett, etc.), which I think is a good thing!

Movesets and Arcade Endings are open indefinitely for any Character!

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Galvatron
Devestator

Transformers week was super fun for me just on the virtue of it being the Hasbro franchise I know the most about so far (my friend who’s obsessed with it has been getting me into it and we literally just finished watching the G1 cartoon a few days ago). I’m pretty satisfied with everything we got in it, although I do still have a few issues with some of our earlier content like a generic Cybertron stage and Unicron as a boss (lore wise he’s just… too big. Like way too big) but I’m still okay with it all.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I do still have a few issues with some of our earlier content like a generic Cybertron stage and Unicron as a boss (lore wise he’s just… too big. Like way too big) but I’m still okay with it all.
Honestly I think a generic Cybertron stage is fine.
We could have the entire Transformers series have stages set just on Cybertron, but that would feel pretty redundant. For casual fans, a Cybertron stage by itself is a pretty great idea to just get the point across, and since it's a traveling stage a lot of different locales could make cameos anyway. Most newbies would want Cybertron and that's what we're putting up front. I think it works and it leaves us room for a lot more unique stages such as Unicron, Roll Out! and Quintessa.

I don't have a problem with Unicron either! It's kind of a staple of fighting games to alter the size of larger characters, such as Galactus in MvC3. Plus, Unicron is a godly figure so we can easily give him size-changing powers (which he's had before anyway) and it'd work out.
I don't think it would be a good idea to exclude Unicron because of size; He's the ultimate threat for the Multiverse!

On another note, are you up for doing that Soundwave moveset, since he's on the roster now?

Top Bottom