• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Drawing from the bizarre mash-up that is DreamMix TV World Fighters...

BOMBERMAN

The protagonist of the Bomberman games, Bomberman's been in quite a few crossovers, from Wario Blast to DreamMix TV World Fighters. He's a robot who uses a lot of bombs to escape from mazes and/or save the galaxy; this might make his moveset seem a bit one-note, but the Bomberman 64 games added elemental bombs (such as a wind bomb that can blow him across gaps) which would help to add some variety.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I'm going to submit Chun Li from from Street Fighter because of Ready Player One. And for variety and being a very popular female video game character.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Tomy Blip
2. Conning Tower

I'll resubmit Spider-Man
Before i submit a character,i'll put a song

Yes,it's him,the biggest iconic superhero and my favorite superhero!

Spider-Man

View attachment 367670

Peter Parker (AKA Spider-Man) is a marvel superhero, he is a teenager that gained spider powers after being bitten by a radioactive spider,also Peter lost his uncle and he learned about having responsiblity and he turned a superhero. Spider-Man is the most iconic Marvel superhero, having various cartoons,movies,video games,toys,novels and comics.

Why Spider-Man in Hasbro's Game Night Fight?
Like i said,Spider-Man have various types of media,incluing toys,Spider-Man is kinda the Marvel's mascot and Marvel and Hasbros have history of their collabs. some examples are: Transformers and GI Joe have comics published by Marvel,Super Hero Squad was started as toyline and the collection Marvel Legends.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Tomy Blip
2. Conning Tower Base

I was considering resubmitting Thomas since there was the Thomas and Power Rangers crossover with the Thomas Minis line back in 2017 but there has been some....controversial-ish news with Mattel and the autism community and such. But now, I have an idea based on a prompt idea KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 had regarding a guest character from a big toy comnpany that was not Mattel or Lego and such. This time, I am thinking of an original character from a brand that represented almost every big facet of pop culture.

Freddy Funko (Funko)

61LW0KOtJQL.jpg

Freddy Funko is the mascot of Funko himself. The POP! Heads started off way back in 1998 as Wacky Wobblers which brought about figures of various characters across pop culture all starting with the Big Boy Bobblehead. Since then, Funko has had multiple toy lines involving characters from cartoons, tv, ad mascots, video games, etc. all getting figures. In fact, some of Hasbro's IPs have gotten POP! Heads such as Transformers, the board games, G.I. Joe, Mr. Potato Head, etc. Basically, I envision Freddy as a lightweight fighter since he is a POP! head with a moveset referencing pop culture but without licensing requirements. Just generic moves such as a tv for cartoons, a movie projector for movies, etc. He could be like a fanboy of so many different pop culture-based characters and he would be enthused to meet various Hasbro characters for sure. He's definitely an out-there pick but I feel he can work at the Game Night Fight!

1: The Tomy Blip
2: Screwball Scramble

As for the guest character, I'm going to go with a Takara licensed toyline.

Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Yes, as bizarre as this sounds, Takara-Tomy did have the license to make toys based on Slayers. This means she can qualify for Qualification #3: Having history with Hasbro or Takara.

I was going to suggest someone like Agumon, who's owned by Bandai, but if we're going to go for a character more known for an anime, why not get someone FROM an anime in the first place?

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Freddy Funko (Funko)

View attachment 368638

Freddy Funko is the mascot of Funko himself. The POP! Heads started off way back in 1998 as Wacky Wobblers which brought about figures of various characters across pop culture all starting with the Big Boy Bobblehead. Since then, Funko has had multiple toy lines involving characters from cartoons, tv, ad mascots, video games, etc. all getting figures. In fact, some of Hasbro's IPs have gotten POP! Heads such as Transformers, the board games, G.I. Joe, Mr. Potato Head, etc. Basically, I envision Freddy as a lightweight fighter since he is a POP! head with a moveset referencing pop culture but without licensing requirements. Just generic moves such as a tv for cartoons, a movie projector for movies, etc. He could be like a fanboy of so many different pop culture-based characters and he would be enthused to meet various Hasbro characters for sure. He's definitely an out-there pick but I feel he can work at the Game Night Fight!
Honestly this character was one of my top contenders for a new Guest, so glad somebody else picked him out. If we get Freddy Funko I may end up allowing Funko Pop alts for some other characters, too.

I'm gonna be holding off on my submission, though. Mostly just waiting to see who/what gets nominated first and then I'll submit an obvious gap in the nominees

1. Conning Tower
  2. Tomy Blip

Last edited:
Honestly this character was one of my top contenders for a new Guest, so glad somebody else picked him out. If we get Freddy Funko I may end up allowing Funko Pop alts for some other characters, too.

I'm gonna be holding off on my submission, though. Mostly just waiting to see who/what gets nominated first and then I'll submit an obvious gap in the nominees
Is it going to be He-Man?

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1: The Tomy Blip
2: Screwball Scramble

As for the guest character, I'm going to go with a Takara licensed toyline.

Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Yes, as bizarre as this sounds, Takara-Tomy did have the license to make toys based on Slayers. This means she can qualify for Qualification #3: Having history with Hasbro or Takara.

I was going to suggest someone like Agumon, who's owned by Bandai, but if we're going to go for a character more known for an anime, why not get someone FROM an anime in the first place?
Criteria #3 is if they crossed over with a Hasbro or Takara IP, not if they were licensed. If Slayers happened to cross over at somepoint I'll count it, but otherwise...

Also, to answer your previous question; It depends on who gets nominated or not. I have a couple of character ideas in mind

Last edited:
Criteria #3 is if they crossed over with a Hasbro or Takara IP, not if they were licensed. If Slayers happened to cross over at somepoint I'll count it, but otherwise...

Also, to answer your previous question; It depends on who gets nominated or not. I have a couple of character ideas in mind
Okay. I can see how that could be a problem. I'll nominate someone else, then.

He-Man (Masters of the Universe)

We already have Skeletor, so why not add his archenemy in Season 1?

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Seems like submissions have slowed down- I may as well crack out the top character on my list right now.

Job: Guest Character
Barbie_Logo.svg.png

BS_DRO_1_654440b4-d830-44cc-b533-2053ae25c80b.jpg
Franchise: Barbie
Company: Mattel

A toy so iconic it doesn't require a write-up; I've said that before about a couple of other characters, but it goes doubly so for this one and that can definitely be agreed upon. But of course, this wouldn't be a nomination from me if it didn't have a write-up...

So, yeah, Barbie is one of the most iconic toys on the planet, and in fact the #1 Doll on the market, basically owning that entire genre of toys. There may be other competitors, including from Hasbro themselves, but let's be honest, none of them will ever top Barbie. It was introduced to the world in 1959 and has since become a Juggernaut franchise, ranking as Mattel's undisputed #1 IP; It's spawned off a ton of ancilary media, from TV Specials, Web-Series, Comic Books, a 1997 pop song dedicated solely to Barbie (you know the one), and of course, it's most current form or mainstream relevance right now...
thumbnail_IMG_3862.jpg
But of course, the highlight here is not the franchise's popularity, but the titular character that spearheads it: Barbie! The woman of 1000 different jobs; So much so she could give Larry Needlemeyer a run for his money!
Anyhow, yes, it should be highlighted that practically every Barbie doll is indeed the same character, meaning that's a whole lot of material and history centered around them.

According to Mattel, Barbie has over 200 different careers and counting; Given how high her salary likely is, it would explain all the numerous vacation homes, vehicles and personal belongings she has to her name; And of course with a repertoire this massive, it makes her ripe for fighting game potential, especially in the case of a gag character! Of course this also isn't including how much costume and stage potential there is to pull from, something that gives her a leg up to most other characters.

In any case, I will say, I do feel we're lacking a bit on Doll representation as opposed to the numerous amounts of Action Figures and Board Game characters we have, and especially in regards to Girl-centric brands as opposed to the predominantly boy ones; So, why not opt for the #1 Guest pick in this regard?
I have no other way to close this other than the most immediate thing I can think of:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 76
The new day is here! And today is going to be a big one, as the final 2 characters of our Season 1 DLC will be joining the roster!

Firstly, the next stage of our DLC will be the Tomy Blip, ending with the lead for the Takara stages!
Conning Tower was a close second, though.
Moving on!
NEW VOTES
This is where the real meat and potatoes for today are; We have 10 different Guests to vote for, but only 2 are making it into the roster... for now, anyway. I will say, despite the criteria being more strict this time around, we still had a large variety of submissions, and I want to thank all those who did their research. Now, for the nominees:
We do have a handful, but I ask that for this this vote, you rank only your Top 3, and your own nominee cannot be in first. With that out the way, let the battle begin!
---​
That's all I have for today; No new jobs as focus will be put on the current vote. Stage jobs will be filling out this week's schedule, mind you, as well as a couple other extraneous ones.

On a side note, once we hit March we will start to enter DLC Season 2; I've been thinking about it, but I feel doing open, Free-For-All rounds may be the best option this time around; If there are any objections, feel free to speak about it now.
Normally on Sundays we do Write-Up Trailers, so while that is left open indefinitely, I do emphasize doing it today. That is all!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Chun-Li
2. Don-Chan
3. Barbie

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
  1. Freddy Funko
  2. Barbie
  3. He-Man
May change my vote later, but I'm sticking with these 3 for now; I cannot imagine any of these characters not being included in a toy-based fighting game.

I feel like by having Skeletor in the base game, the precedent for having He-Man is there, and it would be kind of insane if he doesn't get in at all. Other 2 feel self-explanatory for me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Barbie
2. Minifig
3. Funko

He-Man would have gotten it but I'd probably keep him till s2 since I don't think both our guests this round should be Mattel

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. MiniFigure
2. Freddy Funko
3. Barbie

I know I said I do not want much Mattel representation in this game anymore due to the controversy but still,. Barbie is important as a toy product/brand. LEGO and Funko should get something as well.

I'll probably write a Peppa Pig trailer later here. Watch this space.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Barbie, again, mostly on the basis of the fact that she's prominent, popular, etc - nothing that everyone here hasn't already pointed out.
2. Bomberman, almost completely from personal bias but also because he does feel toyetic enough to make sense, plus a callback to DreamMix TV World Fighters actually seems like it'd be a good call somewhere or other, and honestly he's a fun and pretty cool "video game" rep overall. Also, fun fact: this actually has a bit of prescedent. See, the B-Daman series that Takara owns? Turns out they were originally based on licensed Bomberman toys that they kind of just developed into its own thing. So there is still solid history here!
3. Minifigure, on the basis that representing LEGO feels essential at some point but they could also represent a solid variety of different LEGO series or something of the like. I'm not 100% sure that Minifigure specifically is the single best representation of the series, but they would make a lot of sense.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 77
The Guest vote is now officially over! I know this is simply just another 2 characters joining, but given the magnitude of the Guest Rounds and them being the finishers to our 1st Season, it does feel a little more grandiose than normal.

Now, I should mention before we move on: Season 2 will be following a Free-For-All format. Nobody seemed to have any objections, though in any case I'm sure this is the best outcome; the next Season will still be 6 characters, mind you, with a dedicated Guest round.

Alright, moving on...

The first guest that will be joining the DLC line-up, and our second guest overall, winning by popular vote (and not surprisingly given their icon status) is of course...
braided-hair-barbie-with-her-dog-png-transparent-0Nv4tK.png
Barbie, at 21 points, nominated by yours truly! That being me. PinkFlare PinkFlare

And in second place, just behing Barbie by a single vote, is another icon of the toy aisle...
LegoUniverseBob.png
The LEGO Minifigures, nominated by Northsouthmap Northsouthmap , will be joining the fight, as deemed by a vote of 18 points! Additionally, this means a new company will also be joining the scenes here!
Barbie: 21
LEGO: 18
Freddy Funko: 11
Bomberman: 10
Chun-Li: 5
Don-Chan: 5
Red: 3
Lord Vortech: 3
He-Man: 2
Spider-Man: 0
This time around, the Top 3 did end up being from Toy and Collectible companies... perhaps the next guest round should be solely toy dedicated, as they seem to be dominating the votes. (Interestingly enough, both this round and the last had a Konami character crack the Top 5).

In any case, this marks the end of our 1st Season of DLC... as far as characters go. On that note, though...
NEW JOBS
Open Discussion: How is our 1st Season lineup to you?
I'll be updating the front page promptly, but now is a perfect time to ask for your honest thoughts on this season's characters selection! To recap, these characters are, going in order:
  • M121 Mason [Microman]
  • Shockwave [Transformers]
  • Cavity Sam [Operation]
  • Matt Trakker [M.A.S.K.]
  • Barbie
  • LEGO Minifigure
Make sure to leave your honest thoughts in your next post!

Job 1A: Nominate a Barbie Stage! Job 1B: Nominate a LEGO Stage!
I want to continue moving the Guest excitement, so what better way than to submit dedicated stages for our most recent guests? These are counted as separate jobs, so if you feel so inclined, you can submit a stage for both, though I would recommend doing just one nomination; Gotta leave room for the other users, y'know!

That's all for now... BUT, since this is the last week of Season 1, I do want to promptly reveal what our schedule is, just so y'all know what you're in for...
Monday: Barbie/LEGO Stages
Tuesday: DLC Assists
Wednesday: Costumes & M.A.S.K. Stage
Thursday: DLC Items
Friday: Hasbro Stage
Saturday: Guest Stage
Sunday: Season 2 Preparation

Last edited:
I honestly think I can do without M121 Mason and maybe Shockwave, but the following four after him are perfect additions to the roster.

My favorites have to be Cavity Sam and Barbie, despite Mattel's unsavory feelings towards the Autism community.

Job 1: Barbie and LEGO Stages

1A: Barbie's Dream House

I don't know what else a Barbie stage could be, but I'm open to a second suggestion as an outsider.

1B: Training Dojo (Ninjago)

Since we are going with a generic Lego Minifigure as our Lego rep, we should choose a stage based on an original Lego IP. And given the longevity of the Ninjago cartoon, which helped result in a full-fledged Ninjago movie, I thought we should go with the Training Dojo from that franchise.

Also, I have an idea for Saturday's guest stage nom, but I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be real, I think Season 1 has a little something for everyone. M121 appeals to the Japanese market whilst representing an important aspect of Takara's history, Shockwave is a solid and prominent addition to a big first-party series, Cavity Sam is an iconic but still humerous and unexpected pull from a well-known but as-of-yet unrepresented property, and Matt's a solid retro rep on the side of Hasbro's more media-focused works. Coupled with the iconic pairing of Barbie and a LEGO Minifigure, you've got a great mix of icons and weirdos that really make it feel like there's something to appeal to anyone.

Also, unrelated, but can I ask what Mattel did towards the autistic community? I've never actually heard anything about it, hence having no context on the situation

Aight so I have literally no idea of what Barbie stages would look like aside from probably the Dream House, and it's also the most likely, so I'll instead pivot my focus to one I do know about,

Stage Name: LEGO Space
Stage Origin: the entire "classic Space" series (1978-1987)

Okay, so it's a bit of an odd thought process, but my concept for a LEGO stage is pretty much the entirety of the classic Space theme (including spinoffs like Blacktron, M-Tron, and Space Police) in a stage taking archetectural elements from the classic series. It's set on the unnamed planet (with the grid sky) that was used as a lot of box-art backgrounds for the series, though in this case features a lot of sets either in the background or flying/driving around - both in the form of buildings and in vehicles - all doing their own thing and the like. As for the stage you're on, it's built in a style more closely akin to Neo Classic Space, being similar to the reasonably recent Galaxy Dropship set. Hell, you could even fly around on top of the dropship in question whilst fighting, a little like in Smash's Halberd.

Whilst representing the "entirety of LEGO" would be ideal in some way or another, I feel like honing in on a specific prominent theme in LEGO's history that has existed for a long enough time to be retro but still maintains modern relevancy in some means or another (namely, Space) whilst representing a huge variety of actual sets for diehard LEGO fans to get excited over but also including that wonderful little element of "putting all your sets together to make something cool" that makes LEGO what it is. It might not be like, LEGOLand or something, but I think it's a good representation of what LEGO is all about.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I love our Season 1 lineup, a nice mix of picks and our two guests are solid additions. As KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 said, there's something for everyone. The Barbie stage M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye submitted is perfect. However, I do have a LEGO stage.

LEGO Stage:

Legoland Town/City

ezgif-5-d588218c0e.jpg

One of the three classic themes that LEGO launched with the minifigure alongside the Castle and Space themed. Personally, I love the LEGOLand Town/City themed stuff so why not have a stage that takes place where all the LEGO minifigures live? Basically, the stage will be taking place in a busy intersection where various LEGO vehicles will pass by as well as even trains, boats, etc. Chase McCain will even make a cameo trying to track a case as a hazard. If you accidentally attack a LEGO minifigure, it will say HEY! like in the commercials. Yes...you can make a man fall into the river in LEGO City. Overall, this stage would be a fun way to represent LEGO.

Also for PinkFlare PinkFlare whenever you get a chance, can you put my trailer script I wrote for Play-Doh and Cranium Gang in the intro post please? Thanks.

Now...for my Peppa Pig reveal trailer idea.

Reveal Trailer Script for Peppa Pig:

Peppa and The Special Game (she would probably be the last base roster fighter revealed)

We start the trailer off with the black screen with the ratings and all. Then, we cut to various gameplay footage of all the fighters, assists and items revealed. We then go to the Hasbro family's house where we see the TV turn on and play....the Peppa Pig intro as it usually plays out.

After we see the logo, we then see a title card for an episode titled "Peppa and The Special Game".

Narrator: One day, Peppa and George were playing with some special toys.

George is seen taking out a toy of Grimlock fighting against his toy dinosaur and we see Peppa playing with Rainbow Dash and then she plays with Jem as well.

Daddy Pig: Hello there, you two! What's going on 'ere?

Narrator: Daddy Pig wants to join the fun!

Peppa: Oh hello, Daddy! I'm playing with my toy ponies!

George: Rawr!!!! Dinosaur!!!!!

Daddy Pig then laughs.

Daddy Pig: Well, now then...

Daddy Pig then pulls out a toy potato.

They all seem to be having fun.

Just then, we slowly zoom away from the TV and it is revealed that....Hasbro Boy has a little sister who watches Peppa Pig and she decides to join the family's long campaign!

Hasbro Mom: Well now, son? Let's let your sister join from now on with our campaign.

Hasbro Boy sighs.

Hasbro Boy: Alright mom....

Hasbro Dad: It seems she wants to bring a friend to the story. We're going to some castle.

Hasbro Boy: To fight more monsters?!?!

Hasbro Dad laughs.

Hasbro Dad: Not quite....

We see the parents move some sort of playset based on a castle and we see the hands place down a toy of a pig with a dress.

We see Grimlock, Mr. Potato Head, Rainbow Dash and Jem fighting until....

That certain pig appears and we revert to CGI. We see the four fighters confused until....

Peppa Pig: I'm Peppa Pig and I want to play this fun game of yours!!

They look confused.

Rainbow Dash: She seems quite sweet but does she have what it takes to have lots of friendship?

Mr. Potato Head: We'll just have to find out!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with Peppa Pig making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Peppa Pig's name and then we cut to gameplay of Peppa Pig fighting against various fighters across various revealed stages with a remixed version of the Peppa Pig theme playing in the background. Then, we see footage of the Windy Castle stage in action as well as her Supers. We see funny moments such as her posing with the ponies, her KOing Megatron, etc.

After the footage, we all see the Hasbro family laughing like what Peppa's family does in various episodes. Finally, we go to the Hasbro Game Night Fight title screen with the past 34 fighters revealed by then with Peppa joining the collection of fighters to complete the collection of revealed fighters for the base game.

Copyrights screen.

This trailer reveals:

• Peppa Pig as the last base game fighter, her moveset and Supers
  • The Windy Castle stage

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Also for PinkFlare PinkFlare whenever you get a chance, can you put my trailer script I wrote for Play-Doh and Cranium Gang in the intro post please? Thanks.
I knew I was forgetting a trailer somewhere. Do you happen to remember which Day it was under?
---​
Time to get my thoughts out for this season; Honestly, I think the character selection came out better than I thought it could!
The Hasbro line-up aren't necessarily characters that I would consider DLC-Sellers, but they each fill in a gap in the base roster that felt needed to be filled, and they round out our fighter selection perfectly.

M121 Mason I would consider important to this roster; Microman is a legacy toyline that's rooted into the Action Figure industry's origins, and I consider this IP a huge pull. Bonus points for DreamMix Veteran status.
Shockwave was my next choice for a Decepticon and to see him included so early is a pleasant surprise; Of course I also have a huge Transformers bias, so there's that.
Cavity Sam definitely feels like a base game pick, but considering he wasn't actually in the base game, the DLC makes up for it. He's definitely the most iconic Board Game character left from Hasbro's lineup so he fits in perfectly with Pennybags, Mustard, and the others.
Matt Trakker was simply overdue; I'm not very into M.A.S.K. but he scratches a huge nostalgia itch for Hasbro fans so it would be remissed if he never made it in.

Now, granted, what I said about them not exactly being DLC-sellers still stands, but luckily I have amazing planning skills and made sure the Guests were the big highlight for this Season, as that's where most of our star power is; Definitely the cherry on top of these 4.
Barbie is obviously perfect. Not much I can say about her without repetition.
LEGO Minifigure is disappointing to me; This isn't how I would represent the company and I would've rather aimed for a specific character: Emmett, Lloyd, Chase, Tahu, etc. With that said, LEGO still needed to be here in some way, so I would rather Minifigure than no character.

I'm a bit surprised He-Man wasn't more popular in the vote but I'm very confident he will get his due in the Season 2 so I'm not too worried.

Job: LEGO Stage

Dream House is the definitive Barbie stage; so no objections from me here. For LEGO, I had it nailed down between City and another stage, but I wanted to see if somebody would nominate one of them first. For my LEGO Stage idea:
LEGO WORLDS
c7ecs36u8aarihm-ece0a.jpg
Unrelated to the game of the same name (though, I had no other image to show), LEGO Worlds is essentially Smash's Stage Morph as a dedicated battleground!

The stage itself is a crossover of various different, classic, Lego themes: Castle, Space, Pirates, City, Western, Monsters, and hey, may as well throw Ninjago and Bionicle in there!
497-1.jpg
10184_box_in_front.jpg
08-knights-castle-1400x1031.jpeg
6755-1.jpg
91JffhX98JL.jpg
BrickbeardsBounty6243.jpg
The premise is an ongoing battle in the background between clashing themes in a vast open landscape, with various different events happening having a possibility to occur in the background; The stage's layout would start simple, but the theme would change every so often through brick-built portals that engulf the stage. This would lead to the aesthetics changing into a specific theme, such as the ones above, and various structures appearing on the stage, ala how Pokémon Stadium does this based on different Pokémon types. The Wild West layout could result in a Horse Stable popping up; the Space theme could see a launchpad become the central stage; Various graves could dot the stage with the Monster theme, etc.

My main goal with this is that if the Minifigure is meant to be a generic representation of LEGO, and can fit into any possible theme, the stage should run with the same concept, and by doing this, it's an easy way to represent LEGO History and all of its classic and original themes (no licensed ones, obviously).

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 78
I'm a bit busy right now, so I'll be getting right into it this time!
NEW VOTE
By default, the Dream House will be our Barbie stage, so congratulations M Master Hero Sock-on-Rye ! It's a very good fit for the character
For the LEGO Stage, however, we got quite a good chunk of unique selections!
Rank your Top 3 Lego stages, and your own submission cannot be in first!
NEW JOBS
Job: Nominate an Assist character!
I wanted to bring in some way to expand the series we have even more with DLC, and what better way than with more characters?
For this job, go ahead and nominate an Assist character from any of the 4 present companies (Hasbro, Takara, Mattel, LEGO)! Since we have a lot of characters playable as it is, I think we can afford some bigger names for assist than what the base game had! Feel free to get creative

Movesets and Arcade Endings open indefinitely

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
1. LEGO Worlds. Honestly annoyed I didn't think of this
2. LEGO City. A MAN HAS FALLEN FOR A MAN IN LEGO CITY
3. The Ninjago Training Dojo. It's a bit unorthodox as a "general LEGO rep", but honestly it's cool. I like it!

I may as well go for a Mattel line that's unlikely to be represented otherwise.

Assist Name: Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots
Assist Origin: First Released in 1964

BOT BRAWL! This assist brings in both the red and blue ReSeRobots, who'll begin to engage one another in a flurry of punches. Note that they won't fight those around them - just each other. However, their mechanical (and pretty powerful) attacks have a tendency to move their fight around the stage, meaning it's easy to get caught up in the crossfire. Whilst they mostly fight with punches, they're still a pretty dangerous force to go up against, so stay out of the way!

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Red
2. Buzz
3. Thomas
4. Mametchi

Lots of good choices. Some of them I feel should be saved for paid DLC like a Marvel character, a Star Wars rep, a LEGO character, etc. I went with those who I feel would be great bonus additions and those who are barely in/never appeared in a platform fighters

Final Stage Line-Up Thoughts

It is a pretty solid line-up in my opinion. Lots of good locations. I wish we got home stages for every character but I'm happy we squeezed in some locations like a Playskool stage, the RoboRally Widget Factory, a Tomica/Plarail stage, etc. There's lots of good locations.

I just hope for DLC, we give homestages to every base game character as some are missing a stage for themselves. Alongside this, I hope we get more Hasbro IPs represented as stage franchises like an Elefun stage, more of the board games Hasbro owns, etc. Basically, more ways to represent unrepresented Hasbro IPs and such. We can even give minorly represented franchises such as the "Represented by assist or item only" franchises a stage. Lots of cool ideas.

Alternate Costumes

Rise of Cobra Scarlett

View attachment 367785

Play-Doh Alternate Costume Based on Original Play-Doh Packaging

View attachment 367787

Release Date Reveal Trailer:

A Genesis of Creativity and Fighting!

We start the trailer off with the black screen with the ratings and all. Then, we cut to the dark toy room where the Hasbro family are playing their Dungeons and Dragons campaign with the already revealed fighters and items. We see that the family is just sitting there...bored.

Hasbro Boy: Well um....where do we take everyone now on our journey?

The Hasbro parents shrug. We then see the Hasbro Boy's dad just scratch his head. Then, he comes up with an idea.

We then see the Hasbro Boy's dad's hands grab some board game box containing four strange looking creatures. He takes out all of the components and then we zoom into CGI where we see all the fighters exploring some strange carnival. We see the Power Rangers looking weirdly at some of the rides, Optimus Prime trying to pcik up some cotton candy, Pinkie Pie and her fellow ponies go play the carnival games.

Then, we see in the background a cat with an artist outfit, a strange looking alien, a worm with a dictionary and a starfish with a microphone. They are seen approaching a stage as we hear a voice on some mics.

Voice on the speakers: "Ladies and gentlemen!!!! It's time for the annual Cranium competition! May all the competitors please line up at the start all the way in the back pleaseeeee!"

We see the fighters run over with shadows of people running past them. Everyone is seen at the start of the board but then the Hasbro fighters ecide to see who these mysterious creatures are running the game.

Voice on the speakers: "And now, to begin the annual Cranium competition....please give a warm welcome to...the Cranium gang!!!"

We see the Cranium Gang appear on the stage where we see them appear on the stage.

Optimus Prime: So that's the shadows who we saw!

We see the fighters try to approach them but then, the Cranium gang gets ready to show off their talents.

It then cuts to an introduction screen with the Cranium Gang making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying the Cranium Gang's name and then we cut to gameplay of the Cranium Gang fighting against various fighters and showcasing off the Cranium Board stage.

Hasbro Boy: Each of them seems to do their own thing!

We get more footage of each member's unique style.

Hasbro Dad: It's a four-in-one treat, that's for sure!

We then finally see their Supers.

We cut back to CGI where then we see the fighters all tired out from the Cranium Gang's attacks and creativity. We then see the Cranium Gang take a bow and then get back to their creativity. However, we see Creative Cat try to sculpt with their clay. However, they seem to ran out. Fortunately, the Star Performer points out some...strange green container that was placed there.

We zoom out to the Hasbro family.

Hasbro Boy: So um...the Cranium clay is all dry?

Hasbro Dad: It seems like it...but now....

We zoom back to the CGI where Creative Cat is about to open the green container until...a face shows and it attacks the Cat and it is revealed to be...a Play-Doh container?!?!

It then cuts to an introduction screen with the Play-Doh Container making a pose with text by it with the announcer saying Play Doh's name and then we cut to gameplay of Play-Doh fighting against various fighters and showcasing off the Doh-Doh Island stage.

We then cut to the Supers of the Play-Doh.

It then ends with all the fighters revealed thus far going out into an all-out scuffle. Then, the trailer tries to end on a black screen....but it's a fake out.

We zoom out to the family once again.

Hasbro Dad: It seems like we're getting super creative here on our campaign!

We then see a whole bunch of other Hasbro toys, board games, etc. that the Hasbro Dad is placing down on their table.

Hasbro Mom: Do we want to add more to this story?

Hasbro Boy then nods.

We see the Hasbro Dad add more items to the table.

Then, it cuts to this text that the announcer says:

More Fun to Have in the Game Night Fight!

We first cut to a crib-like stage with a boat being revealed to be the Playskool Crib stage where Tommy Oliver, the Play-Doh Container, Snake Eyes and Pinkie Pie are fighting. We see Pinkie Pie pick up what is revealed to be the Glo-Worm and KO Tommy Oliver with it. But then, the Play-Doh container is being followed around by the now-revealed Diddy Wishingwell assist

We then cut to another stage in a factory being the RoboRally Widget Factory where we see Bumblebee fight against the Cranium Gang, Jem and Mr. Monopoly. We zoom into Bumblebee being followed by Trailcutter and we see Trailcutter's assist function. We then see Mr. Monopoly use what appears to be the Slot Machine item to gain a Super Strong item.

We also cut to the now-revealed Plarail/Tomica World stage with Rita Repulsa, Mr. Potato Head and Starscream fighting on it. We see Mr. Potato Head use the Choro-Q/Penny Racer Car item on Starscream. Then, we see Starscream consume the Giga Pudding item as a newly revealed item.

Finally, we cut to footage of the newly revealed Bop-It Xtreme stage where we see Jason fighting against Cobra Commander. We see Cobra Commader with the Ice Cream Soldier assist and the assist's function on Jason.

We zoom out to the family once more showcasing off all the new characters, stages, items, etc. represented. It finally cuts to the Hasbro Game Night Fight screen with all the 22 revealed fighters and then we see the Cranium Gang and Play-Doh being added to the collection of fighters.

Then....it cuts to a black screen revealing:

Release Date

Copyrights screen.

This trailer reveals:

• The Play-Doh Container and the Cranium Gang as fighters, their movesets and Supers
  • Cranium Board, Doh-Doh Island, Playskool Crib, RoboRally Widget Factory, Plarail/Tomica and Bop-It Xtreme as new stages
  • Glo-Worm, Slot Machine, Choro-Q/Penny Racer Car and Giga Pudding as new items.
  • Diddy Wishingwell, Trailcutter and Ice Cream Soldier as assists and their functions
Announcer announces names of all new stages, assists and items as well.
As for PinkFlare PinkFlare this was the Play-Doh and Cranium Gang reveal trailer, it was the release date trailer.

Anyway:

1. LEGO Worlds
2. LEGO City
3. LEGO Space

DLC Assist:

MK (LEGO Monkie Kid)

MK_S1_turn_around_sheet_front_facing_vector_.png

We should definitely have a LEGO assist as DLC so why not add a modern-day LEGO line as an assist to represent more lines from the brand, especially an original one. MK will follow the fighter around on his Cloud Board as well as attack with the Golden Staff from time to time. When the meter is full, he will simply turn into one of four animal forms: a bird, eagle, spider or gorilla. Bird will do light pecking, Eagle will assist you in recovery or pick up opponents, Spider will shoot webs causing opponents to stay there for a temporary time and Gorilla will pack quite the punch on opponents. Thus, he is one of the more complicated assists perfect for DLC.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
DLC Assist: Lord Vortech

Vortech will appear in the foreground and slam his scepter on the ground. When he does, 1 of 5 things will happen.

Shift: All the characters on screen will shift to a random location on the map
Chroma: He will fire Chroma beams at the opponent
Elemental: The person who summoned him will get either a Fire/Water/Electric/Earth Shield
Scale: The players will either go big or small
Locate: Portals will open and various hasbro based items will fall down from them(Debris, Giant Sorry Pieces,etc.)

Top Bottom