• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has your interest gone down?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
After working on it for a year they should already have those issue fixed. No excuse. They bit off more then they could chew. This game is gonna be pushed back even further.
They can take their sweet time if they want. You don't know what they're doing in there. By the time it comes out, it should be almost perfect. It's not like they're not doing anything with it for the next two months, they're making it even better. How many epic video games have you worked on?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Of course not. We're getting all these stunning revelations about the game, including that the single most fan-requested character has made it in, who cares if theres a short delay? Its just a game, waiting another two months to get it doesn't bother me at all. Just more time for updates and more time to play other new games coming out in the mean time (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Super Mario Galaxy release within a week of each other next month, so I'll have plenty to do with those for a while).

Zevox

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
They can take their sweet time if they want. You don't know what they're doing in there. By the time it comes out, it should be almost perfect. It's not like they're not doing anything with it for the next two months, they're making it even better. How many epic video games have you worked on?
No game is perfect no matter how long it's worked on. They dropped the ball.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No game is perfect no matter how long it's worked on. They dropped the ball.
Ok, so now the game itself is worse because we have to wait two more months for them to work on it? That just baffles me. Just because you're not going to get it for Christmas or whatever doesn't mean that the game will suddenly be any worse off.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
dude it took like 4 years for halo 3 to come out 7 years for half life 2 to come out. the games are epic and fun... and if u look at the roster its all fan based so far. this game is gonna be epic. NO ITS GUNNA BE EPIC!!
but if y wanna QQ go ahead... sure i wanted the game in december... cuz i was going to get warhammer online... but they pushed brawl back and saved me from a plauge

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ok, so now the game itself is worse because we have to wait two more months for them to work on it? That just baffles me. Just because you're not going to get it for Christmas or whatever doesn't mean that the game will suddenly be any worse off.
The problem with the delay is that a lot of people have time during Christmas Break to play it and don't have pressures of school, work, social life as bad. Christmas Break is a time in U.S. to get away from everything and enjoy things like playing games or hanging with family. I was calling ,my three cousins about the game and we were talking about playing it during break but now that is ruined. They are getting an xbox so maybe I can play Halo3 with them. I still plan to get a Wii and the Olympics over break.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The problem with the delay is that a lot of people have time during Christmas Break to play it and don't have pressures of school, work, social life as bad. Christmas Break is a time in U.S. to get away from everything and enjoy things like playing games or hanging with family. I was calling ,my three cousins about the game and we were talking about playing it during break but now that is ruined. They are getting an xbox so maybe I can play Halo3 with them. I still plan to get a Wii and the Olympics over break.
Yeah, that's a little problem for me too. It doesn't sound like the original poster's problem though, so I'm wondering what the big deal is.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
I lost a little interest because the only important things I want to know I already know 1. the basics of the story mode 2. if there is online mode
3.how are the graphics
4.how is the music

the only suprise for me can be the new characters some were pretty obvious like wario and now we get the characters where you doubt if they get in

volbound1700

Smash Master
volbound1700 at least we get if before march break so we still have a break to play it as eh

but i dont know if thats just canada
Spring Break is for going to Florida or some place fun with friends. Christmas Break it is cold and good time for video games.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

If anything, my interest has gone UP! After all, more time can only mean MORE THINGS TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER!

Take all the time they want, I say! MAke that game the groundbreaking, awesome game we all know it's going to be!

Darc

Smash Rookie
Anyone who would return their wii is a moron, just so they can buy it again when brawl comes out. My interest has never gone down. SmashForEva<3.

Xaile

Smash Cadet
That's life, I suppose.

While I would much prefer the game be released in December, if it's to be delayed, it's to be delayed. What gets me are the people who act like it's heresy to delay the game. Some people like to think they just dropped the ball. Some people like to believe they are fine tuning the features, or working out a bug. While people are entitled to believe what they like (I personally think they're trying to perfect the features), we ultimately don't know.

It bothers me, however, when people say that there is no excuse for something to happen. Anyone can say there's "no excuse" for something, but that doesn't make it true. One person does not decide whether or not there can be an excuse for something.

For those that are going to miss a break in which to play Brawl, I feel your pain. But there will most likely be breaks in the future. It is not the end of the world if you don't get to play a game with your family this year, as you will likely have the opportunity next year (if not sooner).

Even though they said the game was scheduled to be released on December 3rd, it's not realistic to consider a release date "set in stone" as someone said, until it's actually on the shelf. Until then, it's really just an estimation. It happens, unfortunately, that a game gets delayed, but this is not the first time in gaming history, and it likely wont be the last.

All that said, people are entitled to their opinions. While certain people's posts and opinions may irritate me, I respect that it is one's opinion on the matter, even if I do not agree. There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, just as there is no such thing as a right opinion.

The game will likely still come out, and people will likely buy the game.

(Edited for Fine Tuning: Expect a 2 month delay for the post.)

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Ummm.... no. My interest hasn't waned at all. And if what you want is a playable demo, there will be one starting Oct. 18th at E For All. I imagine a demo will start showing up at kiosks in stores soon after.

So the whole wave of new vids and Sonic's confirmation haven't done a thing for you? That's too bad... it really is. I, on the other hand, was bouncing off the walls when Sonic showed up. And I nearly wet myself seeing some of the video we got.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
All they need to do is pass out the demo to everyone and I won't care about the delay at all.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well the delay has killed me. There is one thing that could make me feel better. To get a gamecube and a melee disc!! Haha I'm such a noob.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
My interest in this game is as high as Sonic's recovery.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
o_o I'm even more hyped now!! Sakurai and Sora really know how to soften a blow.

DEMO
Gameplay Videos
SONIC
Crazy amount of Information

How can you not be hyped!? Although I became alittle sad from the delay (Thats because I'm impatient XD), I'm really happy after looking at it from the postive point of view. (I'm a very optimistic guy =])

When Melee was rushed it didnt come out as good as it was suppose to but now Brawl isnt being rushed and becoming as awesome as Sakurai can possbily make it! Dont cry just because we have to wait a few more months, be glad that Sakurai is caring about making the game as good as possible for us, instead of trying to sell it on Dec. 3 just to get alot more money during the holidays...>.>

Also, we are STILL getting all the awesome updates we've come to know and love :D The more updates the better XD

And how would you know over a year is enough? Are YOU making Smash Bros Brawl? HUH!? No...thats what I thought =P Don't talk like you know video game designing and how hard Sora is working.

Your so disrepectful...

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I'm used to the delay now. They need more time because like they keep saying, they want this game to last for years. I know all of you would be mad if the game came out Dec. 3rd but none of the characters you wanted were in, online play was laggy, story mode was crap, and you couldn't play a full match without the game freezing or loads of bugs. Appreciate that they're trying to make this the best game ever.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Yea, the ton i information the came with the delay was more than enough hold me over. Im sad about the delay just like the next person is, but the vids are just too good.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have not lost any interest... In fact it benefits me because I won't be able to get a Wii by December 3rd.

Best101

Smash Ace
Dang they delayed it 2 months? Wow, I'll be almost out of school, and going on to college sometime next summer or so. I can deal with this delay, but one more delay and I might have to let this game go.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I'm used to the delay now. They need more time because like they keep saying, they want this game to last for years. I know all of you would be mad if the game came out Dec. 3rd but none of the characters you wanted were in, online play was laggy, story mode was crap, and you couldn't play a full match without the game freezing or loads of bugs. Appreciate that they're trying to make this the best game ever.
i dont think they will be able to include another character or enhace story mode in just 2 more months, what is done is done, they can only fix problems like the freezing and bugs that u mention, and the online play lag, i dont think theres much they can do about it. i think theyre only adding a few more options and fixing some problems, maybe even include stages, but gameplay or characters must take a lot more time to work on

therefore, i cant imagine a GREAT feature that might be in brawl that is not in already, so the only thing i can hope is that they enhace online play so that is not random, and leaderboards and all that... but i know thats not likely at all, so whatever

anyway, theres nothing we can do about the delay, and even if they delay it again, we will just have to deal with it, and when it comes out most people will still buy it

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
*applauds Nintendo Warrior*

Honestly man, this is getting on my nerves. I feel that Sakurai is taunting at us, laughing at us, and pointing at all of us that we aren't going to get a college break nor high school break and play this game during the winter.

My winter break plans are ruined.....thanks alot Sakurai! PRICK!:mad:
Videos and all this info is means nothing if we never get the game.
Yes, Brawl is going to take over Duke Nukem Forever's title. XD

Cry a little harder, and maybe you'll make a river of tears that Sakurai'll include as a new stage (thus delaying Brawl more as he includes it, lol).

Publishers that think like you two guys do is why we have a ton of rushed, crap games on the market. Because they were afraid they'd lose every single sale if they didn't release the game by a magic deadline, not realizing that if a game is awesome it'll sell no matter when it's released.

CronoMaster said:
i dont think they will be able to include another character or enhace story mode in just 2 more months
Look at the snapshot update. There's a fourth feature that's blurred out and he basically says "we're still in development.... this last feature may or may not make it in." So there's definately time to add/remove/change stuff.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
My interest hasn't fell. I do like that they are holding the release date so they can make a perfect game.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, my winter break planned are ruined... and I just might fell next semester. lol. But my interests has not died out. I'm happy with all the updates we get. We have tons of videos, previews, a playable demo on the 18th, and smashbros.com.

And hopefully a demo for the reserveers...

Best101

Smash Ace
I've been stopped coming to the officail website since August lol. But seeing what they have up now, the site is looking pretty good right now. Don't see any reason in being angry. I'm happy with the online play and the addition of Sonic, but what more could they do to a game within about four or five months?

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
The delay hasnt affected me much in fact it bodes well for additions to the game, but there is something I cant put my finger on that makes me feel a bit 'meh' after watching these new videos, it could just be that the players were naf at playing and kept dying

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This thread title has emo written all over it
Haha. That as great.

While I was looking foward to a Dec. 3rd Smash Fest Party, I have more time to plan. I would rather see Sakurai perfect the game then release it just for our pleasure personally.I hate to admit it, I was sad to see them push it back but it's worth it.

As for Nintendo dropping ball, that is hardly the case. Sakurai is trying to make this game amazing and doing his best. His team is fully capable to make this game one of the best in history. Just because they pushed it back 2 months is a ****ty reason to complain. You will have time to play SSBB and school.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I was sad becaise I can't play during winter break. But now I am in acceptance-->Just NO More Delays! Delay only means there is more to expect of them, they have more time, and we will be happier longer with the best game ever! That means they should better the online mode, have at least 40 characters, and many other goodies.

Youtube SSBB Demo Videos helps me relax about thinking of the date, it helps me wonder how more and more awesome Brawl will be.

G&Wismyhomeboy

Smash Cadet
I propose that we rename the game Super Smash Brothers: BAWL

Sorry if this idea has already come up with... epic fail in that case :(

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
why is your name nintendowarrior when you are clearly battling against nintendo because there delay. you disgrace nintendo. Go to a microsoft fourm or something.:mad:

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
it boosted mine. With the thoughts of "why the delay" "what are they perfecting" "is anything be last minute added/upgraded?" along with all these demo shows, my interest couldnt be higher tbh.

Invader_JDGir

Smash Rookie
i think they gave us the sonic update to help keep our interest. i would still have a lot of interest even if they didn't give us the sonic update. it was sort of like, to soothe the blow of the delay. it worked for me, anyway.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Won't have the entire christmas break to brawl :( A little disappointed, but definately worth waiting for.

Top Bottom