• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Nintendo Taken adventage of people

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't think it's very fair to say Pokemon is going downhill, either. As you said, they've added a lot of extra things for every generation. I'll have to read Spire's thoughts sometime, but I think each installment achieves enough for it the be considered a quality series. I mean, over the years, they have changed plenty including the battle system. (Team battling, item holding, that personality attribute thing.) You just can't say it's all stayed the same since Red/Blue. When people talk about game series not changing, I can't help but thinking about Halo. That overhyped money machine hasn't changed crap. They've added some weapons, maps, armor permutations, campaign storylines, and maybe a few game modes. And that's the greatest console game ever? Bullcrap. And this goes for so many series, which is kind of okay. You can't change too much about the core of a series or people who freak out and get pissed. (i.e. SSX On Tour, Brawl vs. Melee, etc.)
With additions like Nosepass and Probopass, and now 12 Legendaries in this game, I think it's very fair to say it's at least going downhill a little bit. If Nintendo keeps up exactly what they've been doing forever, eventually it's going to be a huge problem. Right now, it hasn't gone extremely downhill, but it's still in a slight decline, I think. Yes, they add stuff every generation, but it's like you said with Halo--it's just the addition of some useless crap. It's nice, but it's not changing the series much. They need to do a 180 with the series, or something at least a little bit drastic to make it interesting and not the same game over and over. Yes, people will complain about change, but in the case of Melee vs. Brawl, they knew what they were doing. They knew they were aiming it towards the noobs (a.k.a. casual gamers...there we go again) when they did that. That's why Sakurai removed ATs. As long as they change it in a way so it's not the same game, but it's not a different franchise, then it should be okay.

With Halo, yeah...the first wasn't that great, and the second and third weren't any different. Yet it's so hyped...

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
They need to do a 180 with the series, or something at least a little bit drastic to make it interesting and not the same game over and over...
But why? Why do they have to change completely for you to be an okay game. They add plenty of new Pokemon, modes, new stories, (slighty, but not much at all) improved visuals for D/P, and online features that have really kept things fresh. I really don't see what the deal is. And the Pokemon series has had many spin offs to appeal to the "we want change!" sort of gamers. And yes, Nosepass is ridiculous... but you have 493 other Pokemon to pick from. You can't say "Hey, look! A silly body part shaped Pokemon! This series has gone to Hell!" And what's the deal with the Legendaries thing? They are neat little bonuses for players to go and get after the main story is over with. Having to figure out all of the secrets to obtain them. I mean, they can't be all that overpowered. I'm sure you can raise any Pokemon to be as good as them.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But why? Why do they have to change completely for you to be an okay game. They add plenty of new Pokemon, modes, new stories, (slighty, but not much at all) improved visuals for D/P, and online features that have really kept things fresh. I really don't see what the deal is. And the Pokemon series has had many spin offs to appeal to the "we want change!" sort of gamers. And yes, Nosepass is ridiculous... but you have 493 other Pokemon to pick from. You can't say "Hey, look! A silly body part shaped Pokemon! This series has gone to Hell!" And what's the deal with the Legendaries thing? They are neat little bonuses for players to go and get after the main story is over with. Having to figure out all of the secrets to obtain them. I mean, they can't be all that overpowered. I'm sure you can raise any Pokemon to be as good as them.
It's that the formula is getting old. If they add feature after feature after feature, it's just going to feel like a massive game...yet still the same. It doesn't have to change completely, just enough so it doesn't feel so old. Add mutations in Pokemon, allowing them to have different types than they normally do; add a temperature aspect; add trainer customization, or change the age at least. These are just a few functions that could change the series nicely without doing so too much. These happen to be some of Spire's ideas.

The spin-offs are not what I'm talking about. I don't want that kind of change, I want the same sort of, very basic idea; turn-based battles, you control the trainer, all Pokemon are for you to keep, and you go on an adventure. But it needs an overhaul. (By the way, I hated the spin-offs. Mystery Dungeon is the only game I've sold back to the store, or returned in any way.)

Yes, there are 493 Pokemon - another bad thing. They're inventing so many new Pokemon that they're pulling half of them out of their butt (almost literally, with how stupid they're getting now) and it needs to stop. A normal amount of new Pokemon each gen, a balance of types, so fire isn't left in the dust again and water with too many Pokemon to count. They're clearly running out of ideas, and if little kids weren't so "Yay new Pokemon! Yay twelve legendaries!" they wouldn't be doing it. It's not that the legendaries are overpowered, it's that these are supposed to be powerful, rare Pokemon, and there's now tons of them. They don't even feel legendary anymore, they just feel like a one-chance-to-catch Pokemon which happens to be really big and powerful. Plus, they're too easy to catch - how is it that these rare Pokemon have been existing since the beginning of time, and a 10 year-old comes along and catches it? I mean, you can catch the God of Pokemon!! (Arceus) How does that work?!

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
look at the new moves in pokemon. just how many Quick Attack type attacks are their? there's way too much lack of originality in the new moves. Base 80 attacks with nothing else are all too common as well. i can't imagine what pokemon would be in the next one with the pokemon god being here. there could be a dark god pokemon perhaps. Or maybe it'll go towards a sort or Colloseum ( more technology stuff, less epic space/time nonsense ) Who knows.

I think the biggest things that should be done in the hypothetical next gen of pokemon is a rebalancing or the types and alteration of move's effects so that there aren't so many elemental quick attacks, overheats, and pure 80 attacks. ground is way too good of an attack type. flying is such a bad type to be. I don't think it should be that way.

I feel that pokemon, while fun, could be SO much more deeper and better then it is right now.

And the number of legendaries has increased with each game, but yah. I don't car effort that much. More OU and such and less ubers and nonsense.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
With additions like Nosepass and Probopass, and now 12 Legendaries in this game, I think it's very fair to say it's at least going downhill a little bit. If Nintendo keeps up exactly what they've been doing forever, eventually it's going to be a huge problem. Right now, it hasn't gone extremely downhill, but it's still in a slight decline, I think. Yes, they add stuff every generation, but it's like you said with Halo--it's just the addition of some useless crap. It's nice, but it's not changing the series much. They need to do a 180 with the series, or something at least a little bit drastic to make it interesting and not the same game over and over. Yes, people will complain about change, but in the case of Melee vs. Brawl, they knew what they were doing. They knew they were aiming it towards the noobs (a.k.a. casual gamers...there we go again) when they did that. That's why Sakurai removed ATs. As long as they change it in a way so it's not the same game, but it's not a different franchise, then it should be okay.

With Halo, yeah...the first wasn't that great, and the second and third weren't any different. Yet it's so hyped...
He's right. Almost everyone at the pokemon forum (including spire, firus, me and a lot of others) agree that the innovation of not only pokemon designs (though pokemon like probopass, likiliky and tangrowth are extremely stupid) but alot of other stuff has been virtually unchanged from the Red and blue days. Metroid Prime has IMO been the only franchise to take a 180 with the series (prime was like nothing like the originals. If other nintendo franchises can pull that of in a way that will both make hard-core and casuals happy.

Nintendo has only kept 2-3 franchises for the hard-core gamers and the rest have been turned into casual games. Nintendo DID pull of a 180 for most of there games, it went from hard games to games for casuals. Why? When instead of having to pick 1 they could have tried to make it for both (a.k.a pull of a 90 instead of a 180).

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
I think these are all great point but...i dont see you in japan making games for nintendo...if you did then you can change the games,but you cant can you?

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
To FirustheHedgehog:

Do you enjoy playing their games? That is, imo, the most important aspect about games. The Mario series has become easier (Super Mario World is 20 times harder than Galaxy overall. Galaxy has some harder parts though), but it is still fun. I cannot imagine the Mario Kart franchise ever being that competetive in any of its games aside from DS and that is being generous. Metroid Prime trilogy=Metroid platformers in quality btw. There games didn't alienate the hardcores, they created a wider audience of hardcores and casuals who love to play their games (Plus I do not think casuals beat experienced players enough of the time in any game to make it broken nor do I beleive that most of the crap Nintendo produced will be craved by either casuals or hardcores.)

Also, there would be no point in getting rid of your wii even if you praise the old games and loathe the new games since you have VC.

And by the way, Xbox 360 has quite a few good/great games like Gears of War, Mass Effect, GTAIV, Bioshock, Call of Duty IV, and Halo 3 to a lesser extent than those games previously mentioned.

EDIT: I will agree with you that NO game on the Wii was iconic as the classics in the since of being blown away by their intrigue and playibility. But that goes for a lot of non Nintendo franchises too.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
For those of you who think that Diamond/Pearl are barely an improvement over Red/Blue, I beg you to go play Red/Blue. Diamond/Pearl is A LOT deeper than Red/Blue.

EDIT: On the topic of difficulty: Keep in mind that games you played when you were younger seem a lot harder than they actually are. Just by using my memories, I remember Mario 64 being harder than Galaxy, but upon replaying 64, I found it to be about the same (but less linear, which I don't like).

Reyairia

Smash Champion
EDIT: On the topic of difficulty: Keep in mind that games you played when you were younger seem a lot harder than they actually are. Just by using my memories, I remember Mario 64 being harder than Galaxy, but upon replaying 64, I found it to be about the same (but less linear, which I don't like).
I'm surprised it took over three pages for someone to come up with this.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
It's true though, just look at some of the things they did to super smash bros. brawl, I thought I'd get over the random tripping thing, and the overpowered defense, don't get me wrong it's still a fun game, but there is just so much about brawl that is a stab in the back to their most hard core and loyal fans.

Here is the list

Random Tripping
****ty Online
Overpowered Defense (almost takes no skill to power shield)
Lack of momentum on initial jumps.
The ability to grab a ledge from a mile a way
Extreme Floatyness
Lack of ATs compared to Melee (brawl truly has only 3)(melee had 20+)

It took me 4 months to realize that Brawl was not what it could have been.
In conclusion Nintendo has sold their soul to the devil in order to get casual dollars, They got exactly what they wanted, I really don't think we can expect another Masterpiece from Nintendo.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"NOOOOO!!!!r U SERIUS?

ninty is teh only compny tht still cares aboot gamers today(unlike microSUCK and LAMEstation) i meen jus look at Brawl!!tht game is B*TCH*N' YO and teh WII bring nongamerz into gamerz so they care!!! nuff said."

As a fan of Nintendo for as long as I can remember, I have to say, Nintendo is probably the worst videogame corporation out there today, and yes, they DO care about money over fans.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Basically, after being called a geek/otaku I felt a little insulted.

Then when I discovered that the date stamp on the new Wii upgrade was from over 3 months ago (which means that Nintendo wanted all the hardcore crowd to buy Brawl from overseas, then after everyone has bought it release the update to destroy the Freeloader, making the hardcore crowd re-buy Brawl for double the profit for Nintendo) I realized Nintendo has essentially given anyone that cared for them in the previous generation a big "**** YOU".

I now pirate all my Wii games.

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
I could go on some huge rant but no I can some up a rebuttal in two words..... Market Cycles. Game releases are coordinated with peak seasonal spending. Brawl isn't a horrible pile of ****, I've heard plenty of good things about mario kart, and Twilight Princess was decent enough to be part of the zelda series. There's good games for the wii, not everything will be to your specific standard, Nintendo is going to do some pandering to this new market. The market is totally completely different then it was 5-10 years ago. How many wii commercials have you seen? Now how many gamecube commercials did you see in the past? God forbid a company take the logical step by following the trend of gaming being a mainstream thing instead of something only a few of us nerds did.....

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
RoalndBeolve said:
I could go on some huge rant but no I can some up a rebuttal in two words..... Market Cycles. Game releases are coordinated with peak seasonal spending. Brawl isn't a horrible pile of ****, I've heard plenty of good things about mario kart, and Twilight Princess was decent enough to be part of the zelda series. There's good games for the wii, not everything will be to your specific standard, Nintendo is going to do some pandering to this new market. The market is totally completely different then it was 5-10 years ago. How many wii commercials have you seen? Now how many gamecube commercials did you see in the past? God forbid a company take the logical step by following the trend of gaming being a mainstream thing instead of something only a few of us nerds did.....
I can understand dabbling in the casual market and moving forward as a company, but does that justify the derogatory comments made by Nintendo aimed directly at us? Or the fact they purposely screwed the hardcore market over so they could get double the profit at our expense? We were the people who kept Nintendo in the market during the Gamecube generation, I think we at least deserve a little respect.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Okay, the so-called 'hardcore' ditched Nintendo for two generations (64 and GC) and now they complain that Nintendo is now aiming at casuals?

Hello, if a demographic stops buying your products, switch to another demographic. It's like trying be friends to some guy who constantly punches you in the face when you can easily go to a new friend who shares his lunch with you.

The fact that casuals (BTW, I think we need a true definition on casual and hardcore because they seem to be thrown around and changed like Lord knows what) is buying the Wii is a smart business move.

BTW, it's usually third party companies who probably make the majority of those so called casual games.

Darkslash

Smash Master
the only way Nintendo can save them selves from "Casual 100% YEA" is to see how "Hardcore" are the titles being released at E3. So far its been stated that Miyamoto was actually testing Star Fox and Pikmin+Wii=Hardcore?

If platinum has a MAJOR Story line change(AKA not making Team Galactic suck balls) yea maybe i'll like Gen IV more.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Generation 4.

Dude, we're like at generation VII of the consoles. Generation 4 is like the SNES.

Unless you meant Gen IV as in something else. lol

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I want to focus particularly on the lack of momentum in the SSBB.

Momentum was in Super Mario Bros. on the NES, It was even to an extent on the original Donkey Kong arcade game. There was no good reason what so ever to remove momentum from Super Smash Bros. Momentum alone would have trippled the fun of the Subspace Emissary (can you say SPEED RUNS). Momentum was in virtually every Mario game and both the previous Smashes, and it added speed and depths and weight to all these games.

MOMENTUM made those games better!!

Now then I ask you, why did they remove something as FUNdamental as momentum in Brawl?

It was to destroy said Depth weaken the offensive game of Brawl and make it easier for noobs to learn to play so they'd be more likely to go spend $50 on the game, When Ultimately the lack of Momentum is just one of many things that weaken brawls replay value and make it boring over time.

Plazma

Smash Apprentice
It seems like they are making a crapload of games that will appeal to all ages. Why? I don't know. I guess they want everyone to get into games, because that means more money for them I guess.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
To FirustheHedgehog:

Do you enjoy playing their games? That is, imo, the most important aspect about games. The Mario series has become easier (Super Mario World is 20 times harder than Galaxy overall. Galaxy has some harder parts though), but it is still fun. I cannot imagine the Mario Kart franchise ever being that competetive in any of its games aside from DS and that is being generous. Metroid Prime trilogy=Metroid platformers in quality btw. There games didn't alienate the hardcores, they created a wider audience of hardcores and casuals who love to play their games (Plus I do not think casuals beat experienced players enough of the time in any game to make it broken nor do I beleive that most of the crap Nintendo produced will be craved by either casuals or hardcores.)

Also, there would be no point in getting rid of your wii even if you praise the old games and loathe the new games since you have VC.

And by the way, Xbox 360 has quite a few good/great games like Gears of War, Mass Effect, GTAIV, Bioshock, Call of Duty IV, and Halo 3 to a lesser extent than those games previously mentioned.

EDIT: I will agree with you that NO game on the Wii was iconic as the classics in the since of being blown away by their intrigue and playibility. But that goes for a lot of non Nintendo franchises too.
Do I enjoy playing their games? Some, yes. But not Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Galaxy...the list goes on. Point is, there are very few games that I enjoy. I'm not simply upset because they're appealing to casual gamers, I'm upset because they're screwing up the games in order to appeal to casual gamers. That's my huge gripe with them.

As for the VC...I'd rather buy the original games and play them. First of all, I have a Sega Genesis and SNES as it is. I already have great games for both. Secondly, I'd much rather buy the games from some random person on eBay, even if it costs more, than give Nintendo money which they'll use to alienate me even more.

As for Xbox, meh. There are a select few, and I mean a VERY select few FPSs that I like. From what I know, just about every game you listed there is an FPS. I HATE Halo, so much that I refuse to even play Halo 3, GTA is, in my opinion, a completely mindless and horrible game. I won't go into the others but I'm not a fan of FPSs.(Except Call of Duty I don't have a problem with.)

For those of you who think that Diamond/Pearl are barely an improvement over Red/Blue, I beg you to go play Red/Blue. Diamond/Pearl is A LOT deeper than Red/Blue.

I like Red/Blue more than Diamond/Pearl. I can't exactly explain it, but I do. And I've played Red and Blue recently, moreso than Diamond/Pearl, in fact.

As to the difficulty, you can check out the thread "Are games getting harder or are we getting wiser" (something like that, anyways). We are getting wiser, but I didn't beat Jurassic Park or Sonic 2 (regular Sonic 2, without Knuckles) until VERY recently. They're still more difficult, it's not just "We were younger then."

It's true though, just look at some of the things they did to super smash bros. brawl, I thought I'd get over the random tripping thing, and the overpowered defense, don't get me wrong it's still a fun game, but there is just so much about brawl that is a stab in the back to their most hard core and loyal fans.

Here is the list

Random Tripping
****ty Online
Overpowered Defense (almost takes no skill to power shield)
Lack of momentum on initial jumps.
The ability to grab a ledge from a mile a way
Extreme Floatyness
Lack of ATs compared to Melee (brawl truly has only 3)(melee had 20+)

It took me 4 months to realize that Brawl was not what it could have been.
In conclusion Nintendo has sold their soul to the devil in order to get casual dollars, They got exactly what they wanted, I really don't think we can expect another Masterpiece from Nintendo.
It took me about a month and half; everyone I talked to was telling me they were already bored of it, and I eventually joined these boards and saw what was being said and realized it was all right.

But yeah, Brawl is a blemish on video gaming. I wasted 8 months of my life awaiting, speculating, etc. about it constantly, and I got a month of that back in playtime. Ah well; what can you do but live and learn.

Basically, after being called a geek/otaku I felt a little insulted.

Then when I discovered that the date stamp on the new Wii upgrade was from over 3 months ago (which means that Nintendo wanted all the hardcore crowd to buy Brawl from overseas, then after everyone has bought it release the update to destroy the Freeloader, making the hardcore crowd re-buy Brawl for double the profit for Nintendo) I realized Nintendo has essentially given anyone that cared for them in the previous generation a big "**** YOU".

I now pirate all my Wii games.
You rock for pirating your Wii games. I would never do it myself, but...good for you, screwing Nintendo over as they did to us.

I can understand dabbling in the casual market and moving forward as a company, but does that justify the derogatory comments made by Nintendo aimed directly at us? Or the fact they purposely screwed the hardcore market over so they could get double the profit at our expense? We were the people who kept Nintendo in the market during the Gamecube generation, I think we at least deserve a little respect.
Wait, derogatory comments aimed at us? Please quote for me; I really want to hear this.

But yeah, if they had simply given us a few casual games, that would've been fine. The Wii, however, is a box full of casual crap. That's it. They give us the VC and expect that to satisfy hardcore fans.

Okay, the so-called 'hardcore' ditched Nintendo for two generations (64 and GC) and now they complain that Nintendo is now aiming at casuals?

Hello, if a demographic stops buying your products, switch to another demographic. It's like trying be friends to some guy who constantly punches you in the face when you can easily go to a new friend who shares his lunch with you.

The fact that casuals (BTW, I think we need a true definition on casual and hardcore because they seem to be thrown around and changed like Lord knows what) is buying the Wii is a smart business move.

BTW, it's usually third party companies who probably make the majority of those so called casual games.
Okay, maybe some ditched Nintendo for 2 generations, but I STARTED Nintendo on the N64. I didn't abandon them, I defended them when everyone told me the GC was a kiddie system. I didn't abandon them, so they have no reason to screw me over. They made a very economically sound move with the Wii, because hardcore fans would be hypnotized into buying their games (at least temporarily, anyways) and casual gamers will also buy, so they make more money. Sound business decision or not, though, you abandon long-time customers, that's not (or at least it shouldn't end up) going to end up happily for them.

3rd party companies making the casual games? How is that true? Mario Galaxy is uber easy, most likely for the casual gamers who wouldn't be able to handle any harder. All of the games with "Wii" in the title are made by Nintendo. All of those are casual. Open your eyes; 90% of the games for the Wii have been dumbed down to appeal to casual gamers.

I want to focus particularly on the lack of moment in the SSBB.

Momentum was in Super Mario Bros. on the NES, It was even to an extent on the original Donkey Kong arcade game. There was no good reason what so ever to remove momentum from Super Smash Bros. Momentum alone would have trippled the fun of the Subspace Emissary (can you say SPEED RUNS). Momentum was in virtually every Mario game and both the previous Smashes, and it added speed and depths and weight to all these games.

MOMENTUM made those games better!!

Now then I ask you, why did they remove something as FUNdamental momentum in Brawl?

It was to destroy said Depth weaken the offensive game of Brawl and make it easier for noobs to learn to play so they'd be more likely to go spend $50 on the game, When Ultimately the lack of Momentum is just one of many things that weaken brawls replay value and make it boring over time.
Yep. They dumbed down Brawl, made it way too easy for a noob to pick up the game and win against a seasoned player, all because they want it to be a freakin' party game (Mario Party spinoff is probably what they were aiming for; next time around, you roll dice to see if you get to use a smash attack!) and don't want a competitive community. Sakurai tried to kill off the competitive community with Brawl.

It seems like they are making a crapload of games that will appeal to all ages. Why? I don't know. I guess they want everyone to get into games, because that means more money for them I guess.
You say that with doubt; don't. That's almost certainly what it is. They've stooped to the level of throwing away their fans if it means they can make more money. I'd be surprised if there were any other logic behind it.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Quoted for truth.

@Firus

I don't think Nintendo is doing EVERYTHING bad right now. Metroid Prime 3 was still kept aiming towards hardcore gamers, and maybe that's a sign that Nintendo isn't completely going to dump us yet (and hopefully they'll just hurry up and make an 'M' rated game. They could actually make a story worth our while for once).
You would've known things were going terribly wrong if the MP series were dumbed down beyond belief. That's something that just isn't going to happen any soon but does it really mean anything? Nintendo has already whipped out an iteration for a big majority of their "hardcore" (read: for nostalgics) series so what do they have left to keep us interested before Cooking Mama fills the shelves? Earthbound, F-zero, Kirby, Pokemon, DK, another luigi spin-off perhaps? We'll have to wait for the e3 to find out, but I'm sure I'll be disappointed. And though much appreciated when going through the gc->wii transition, it seems we cannot count much on 3rd parties anymore.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Okay, maybe some ditched Nintendo for 2 generations, but I STARTED Nintendo on the N64. I didn't abandon them, I defended them when everyone told me the GC was a kiddie system. I didn't abandon them, so they have no reason to screw me over. They made a very economically sound move with the Wii, because hardcore fans would be hypnotized into buying their games (at least temporarily, anyways) and casual gamers will also buy, so they make more money. Sound business decision or not, though, you abandon long-time customers, that's not (or at least it shouldn't end up) going to end up happily for them.
LOL, most of the long time customers abandoned Nintendo not the other way around. And you know the drill in life, if the a good handful looks bad, we all look bad.

M.K

Level 55
I mean, just look at the DS game line up:

Catz
Dogz
Dolphinz
Tigerz

UGH, makes me sick. These kind of games are like grating your head against a cheese grater for 8 hours. What next, Rapistz?

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman

Catz
Dogz
Dolphinz
Tigerz

UGH, makes me sick. These kind of games are like grating your head against a cheese grater for 8 hours. What next, Rapistz?
Yep, unless Nintendo does something to prove that they still make games for the sake of making art and depth over making money, the Wii will be the last Nintendo console i ever own.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
LOL, most of the long time customers abandoned Nintendo not the other way around. And you know the drill in life, if the a good handful looks bad, we all look bad.
I never said that more people came to Nintendo instead of abandoning them, I just said that, for my part, I started on that generation.

Catz
Dogz
Dolphinz
Tigerz

The fact that they added 'z' to the end of all of those games instead of an 's' sickens me even more. (And off-topic, the fact that a game titled 'lol' is actually coming out sickens me as well.) But yeah, that's absolutely idiotic. I'm sick of this BS. Give us a real game. What're they going to do next, call the next generation of every game "Pokemonz" or "Metroidz" or "Zeldaz"? Bah!

Yep, unless Nintendo does something to prove that they still make games for the sake of making art and depth over making money, the Wii will be the last Nintendo console i ever own.
Unless Nintendo and/or one of the other companies does something to pull me in next generation, the Wii may be the last new console I get. I'll turn to consoles like the NES and Sega Dreamcast (which I always wanted, but never got around to getting).

There is not a single emoticon that could describe how much what they said sickens me. Calling me "geeks and otaku" is bad enough, but I would've been a little less offended if they'd said it on a different topic. The issue of the memory of the Wii is a serious issue for any Wii owner. You've got to notice that if you buy enough games, VC games, or WiiWare games, you're going to run out of space soon enough. How is that something that only "geeks and otaku" would care about? Gah, I hate them!

Thank you so much for the link. I can use this in my next rant against Nintendo (which will probably be in about 5 minutes, knowing me...).

RoboticOperatingBuddy

Smash Rookie

Catz
Dogz
Dolphinz
Tigerz

So if I'm understanding this correctly, your trying to use bad third party titles as your evidence that Nintendo is leaving the hardcore behind. If thats not true and your just pointing out bad DS games than I apologize and wholeheartedly agree that those games are horrible games.

Darkslash

Smash Master
OKAY I DON'T GIVE A **** IF HE SAID HE WAS SORRY THATS ****ING INSULTING. Okay I maybe to some degree a Otaku but then WTH. Calling 17+million people that is just stupid.

And we taken advantage of Nintendo. We buy crappy games and they then will keep making them. They need to make games more harder. MP3 was awesome but one thing was missing. Space Pirates. even on the home world were they live, i encountered around 70-80 Space pirates. And maybe 500 in Humanoid troops(no bosses, turrets or mines) through out the whole game. If they release a Metroid shooter where your a Marine and make hordes of space pirates come at you and make it hardcore like No rechargeable shield that would be hard core, running for your life at low heath

M.K

Level 55
So if I'm understanding this correctly, your trying to use bad third party titles as your evidence that Nintendo is leaving the hardcore behind. If thats not true and your just pointing out bad DS games than I apologize and wholeheartedly agree that those games are horrible games.
Naw, I was just pointing out some games that other uninformed gamers associate with the Nintendo games, whether they are made or sponsered by Nintendo. I agree that the games are terribly, TERRIBLY horrid.
Pikmin 3/F-Zero Wii/Animal Crossing Wii are my only saving graces.

Amide

Smash Lord
I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying, but yeah, it's going down hill. Brawl was a little dumbed down competitive wise, but still really fun. This year's lineup doesn't look very good though. And if anyone thinks "Flash Focus" can improve your vision, your wrong. The fact that "Wii Fit" has been more important to Nintendo than Zelda was, is discouraging. Metroid was amazing, but that's the only hardcore game that didn't disappoint. Galaxy lasted a while, and was OK. I liked Sunshine more.

It's not completely lost, and I still love Nintendo.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OKAY I DON'T GIVE A **** IF HE SAID HE WAS SORRY THATS ****ING INSULTING. Okay I maybe to some degree a Otaku but then WTH. Calling 17+million people that is just stupid.
Yep. I am completely offended. I am a geek, I will call myself a geek all of the time. But I don't like other people calling me that, because I know it's meant as a derogatory term, unless they think like me. But yeah, COMPLETELY offensive. You can't say something like that and then come back with "Oops, sorry; my bad."

And we taken advantage of Nintendo. We buy crappy games and they then will keep making them. They need to make games more harder. MP3 was awesome but one thing was missing. Space Pirates. even on the home world were they live, i encountered around 70-80 Space pirates. And maybe 500 in Humanoid troops(no bosses, turrets or mines) through out the whole game. If they release a Metroid shooter where your a Marine and make hordes of space pirates come at you and make it hardcore like No rechargeable shield that would be hard core, running for your life at low heath
Space Pirates weren't missing. There were tons of them. You didn't run into a whole lot of them on the homeworld because, for the most part, you were aiming for a stealth mission. You saw them in a couple of rooms (like the one with the Hazard Shield) and you just didn't fight them. As for a Metroid shooter like that...no. If it's Metroid, you should be Samus. They can do a spinoff like that, but it'd still end up like Link's Crossbow Training; fun for about five seconds and then you never touch it again.

I find that in recent games that Nintendo is dropping dirty Hints in their games, like well you can figure it out XD.
Actually, I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. Where have they been dropping dirty messages?

I don't think it's as bad as everyone is saying, but yeah, it's going down hill. Brawl was a little dumbed down competitive wise, but still really fun. This year's lineup doesn't look very good though. And if anyone thinks "Flash Focus" can improve your vision, your wrong. The fact that "Wii Fit" has been more important to Nintendo than Zelda was, is discouraging. Metroid was amazing, but that's the only hardcore game that didn't disappoint. Galaxy lasted a while, and was OK. I liked Sunshine more.

It's not completely lost, and I still love Nintendo.
Brawl was really dumbed down, beyond the point of being fun, for me. I play it once every so often with a friend, but other than that, I almost never play it. The massive number of errors is just idiotic, too. They incorrectly cited the Animal Crossing tracks (which game they came from), they said the Theme of Super Metroid was the Theme of Samus, they called Bob-Omb Battlefield the Main Theme of Mario 64, they gave incorrect information about Dark Samus in its trophy, and the worst part, they said that Aryll's Telescope, which CLEARLY has Seagulls on it, has turtles on it. Honestly, did they check the game at all?

Wii Fit...ugh, don't get me started on that. I was in a store the other day and saw a couple looking at the Wii Fit display...I wanted to run over there and say "DON'T BUY THAT! DON'T SUPPORT NINTENDO!" It's such a pointless game, and yet somehow, it's so popular. Hell, while I think Brawl was awful, its following at least got it a lot of sales, and Wii Fit was (is/was? I don't know its current situation.) sold out and reserved out the wazoo, almost definitely more than any other title for the Wii thus far (aside from the Wii itself, which may still be backed up, a year and a freakin' half after it came out). I've tried it, it's not even that fun.

In my opinion, all is lost. If Nintendo realizes their mistake soon enough, they may be able to redeem themselves, but Nintendo is dead to me at the moment.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hear about the British girl who was playing Wii Fit and was told by the game that she was "fat"? Dropped her self esteem like an egg to concrete. It made the front page of Yahoo back when the game piece of **** came out.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure the so called "hardcore" were the only people buying Nintendos stuff until the Wii came out. Sticking with the company even when they were down might be why they feel... unsatisfied.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the so called "hardcore" were the only people buying Nintendos stuff until the Wii came out. Sticking with the company even when they were down might be why they feel... unsatisfied.
Hell ya :D

I still play my N64, but i couldn't buy the Cube. I feel Satisfied, with the 2nd and 1st party titles. 3rd party titles are Crap so far.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
the only way Nintendo can save them selves from "Casual 100% YEA" is to see how "Hardcore" are the titles being released at E3. So far its been stated that Miyamoto was actually testing Star Fox and Pikmin+Wii=Hardcore?

If platinum has a MAJOR Story line change(AKA not making Team Galactic suck balls) yea maybe i'll like Gen IV more.
If they make Pikmin casual that will be stupid, when I was at my friends house, he was playing a RTS game on his 360 and I had brought my Wii over, when unloading it, we began discussing how great of potential RTS games have on the Wii.
And Star Fox for Wii, they could make it into an awesome flight simulator like game with the 3rd person shooter elements like assault, online play would be awesome if they used their brains and did it.

Top Bottom