• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone ever attempted to adapt between Zelda and Sheik?

Kips

Smash Ace
I tried and think I had a fair amount of success. In matchups where Zelda was more advantageous (read: Not many), I would definitely switch out of Sheik to surprise people. It's more about spacing and mindgames with Zelda, which makes it harder to switch gameplay mindsets in between though.

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I tried switching between Zelda/Sheik(not only after a lost of a stock) for various combinations and fluency but it failed. So then I tried racking up damage with Sheik and killing with Zelda's lightning kick. That failed. Then I tried the vice versa and that failed. So I decided omit the use of Sheik completely. I chose Zelda over sheik because

1.I hated how Sheik is a fast fluent fighter
2.I preferred Zelda's patient, powerful style
3.Shielk is ugly as hell(though Zelda is nothing to look at either)

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I tried switching between Zelda/Sheik(not only after a lost of a stock) for various combinations and fluency but it failed. So then I tried racking up damage with Sheik and killing with Zelda's lightning kick. That failed. Then I tried the vice versa and that failed. So I decided omit the use of Sheik completely. I chose Zelda over sheik because

1.I hated how Sheik is a fast fluent fighter
2.I preferred Zelda's patient, powerful style
3.Shielk is ugly as hell(though Zelda is nothing to look at either

EDIT:OOPS! Didn't mean to double post, my computer was lagging when I post the first one so I tried again and I guess they both went through...sorry

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
/me looks at topic

Why.

Why would you want to play both when sheik does everything better except for recover.

I mean ****, zelda has problems with low tiers, and sheik is half of the low tier's WORST matchup. ( no im not talking about uber zelda mains in a low tier tourney )

Zelda is 1000x more fun to play than sheik, but lets be real. Why?

TheLake

Smash Master
O_o Who exactly out of the low tier zone gives zelda trouble again? Last time i checked zelda is the low tier queen for a reason...

Besides mewtwo (cause hes the shiz) I dont quite see any low tier character giving zelda a problem...

Other than that well said ^_^ well said indeed

TheLake

Smash Master
**** pikachu...

And link and luigi are sooo not low tier. You cant be low tier when you can use your up anywhere and still hit somone and float for eternity while racking up high priority moves. With this logic zelda has no bad bottom tier matchups. Which in essence of course makes zelda the best character in the game.

For low tier tourneys (as mentioned before) of course (: yay zelda

Zone

Smash Champion
Isn't luigi and Link low tier? and pikachu is mid tier? I'd have to tech the list again, but Zelda is in the Bottom tier, down there with pichu mewtwo bowser Yoshi kirby ect.

j/w because I never see pikachus in low tier tournaments >.>

Top Bottom