• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrow Smash Tourney *Updated* Melee / Brawl

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE:

This thread was known as the "Wembley Smash tournament". That tournament will be organized not by me but by someone else.

I'll be hostin a tournament in Harrow , the venue has not been confirmed, it will be either

* HARROW ARENA LAN CENTER

*Maplins (Harrow Branch)

Both venues are close to each other, apparently lol.

Info Availbe at this time:

Entry Fees: This will vary reasonably to pay the price for the venue. But the events, I do cash prizes, which is like, if every person in the event pays a pound and there 15 people, the winner will get 60% of the prize money , the second will get 30% and the 3rd with get 10%.

Events: This will be a BRAWL AND MELEE event tournament, im going to try to get 4 tvs, but please bring Cubes and Wiis. We will play doubles as if we have loads of time.

Date: Unconfirmed.

Housing: Please dont ask, I'm not going to offer housing 'cos this would be too much for me to handle. lol .

Rules: Will use the SBR rules set with a few minor adjustments.

If you got questions , ask.....

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Well we need to know a lot more details such as when it is what games will be played (melee, brawl, doubles, crews) and the rules including the list of counterpick stages. You'll need some contact details (email address and phone number) as well and we need to know if housing will be provided as it usually is for UK smash tournaments.

Btw who is in this smash clan in London and are they on the boards?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm sure i could make my way there if you get some more info.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'd like to go too.

For the Melee part anyway.
You're doing me proud with that comment.

Anyway who is this clan HSAM or whatever they are called, do they play melee, will they go up against the Londoners, basically Me, Fuzzy, VA (he counts as one lol), Edwin, Frostbyte, etc.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, HSAM are a melee clan as well and when I wrote a blog about London RanBattles, they were intrested in playing you lot. Il ask how they want to organize this and maybe IDK , Tails Chaos and Fuzzy can lead a clan war against them.

Oh , and im not in that clan, i go to there tournaments 'cos they know me and all.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
ah brawler_pit, this is good news!
You're doing me proud with that comment.

Anyway who is this clan HSAM or whatever they are called, do they play melee, will they go up against the Londoners, basically Me, Fuzzy, VA (he counts as one lol), Edwin, Frostbyte, etc.
Yeah, please do check the updates 'cos they do want a fight, Fuzzynesss, please get a clan together or w/e in the mean time.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, please do check the updates 'cos they do want a fight, Fuzzynesss, please get a clan together or w/e in the mean time.
LOOOOL WOW they really want to fight us, how good are they anyway, do they have any vids Edit: me saying something dumb lol. And how much of them are there, either way I am 100% sure I am in the clan of this crew battle thing anyway. I'm sorry but I have to say smashers on SWF are pretty much gonna absoutely **** lol.
I say if its a crew battle of 10 on each team we will have 5 people still left at the end or more.
You should get the clan to come on SWF if they aren't already.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
..... oh...my...god if that really is the crew I'm dissapointed. It looks like guys who usually come into the community with some skill but get 4 stocked usually =x

+ that commentary is ****ing annoying

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
That marths DI is fucking shit

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Yeah I'm coming to birms to f him up in smash

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, thats what I was gona do. The clan is full of people from a school and they have like 27 all together. But they're gona challenge you for brawl and melee. There arent as many Melee users in that clan lol. But for brawl, you might wana watch it...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah, thats what I was gona do. The clan is full of people from a school and they have like 27 all together. But they're gona challenge you for brawl and melee. There arent as many Melee users in that clan lol. But for brawl, you might wana watch it...
TBH we're gonna take them out in brawl and DEFINTELY in melee, to the point in melee we can put in 5 of our players against there 27. But can you estimate how much melee players there are. Also are you part of their crew? From what I have seen in their melee matches they dont have a basic understanding of mindgames, spacing and everythingelse important and they have TERRIBLE habits which I am sure are in brawl iswell. So I am not threatened.
You have msn brawler_pit?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Was it just me or both of the players did not know how to wavedash?

:laugh: don't worry man. Those two players are a joke lool
loool In once match a fox tried to wavedash to edgehog marth and his just air dodged off the stage and even the commentary was a noob. In one match a marth did a Downsmash and the commentator said 'I dont think I have ever seen Ken do a downsmash' loool.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
loool In once match a fox tried to wavedash to edgehog marth and his just air dodged off the stage and even the commentary was a noob. In one match a marth did a Downsmash and the commentator said 'I dont think I have ever seen Ken do a downsmash' loool.
loool the commentator can go and bun himself and i mean it!! lool

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
They just started playing melee, and IDK myself how many they have altogther, this inst going to be a clan war tournament people, thats something to be organized outside of the Wembley smash tournament.

And they are friendly players, ask them for info, and again, stop dissing em.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah I agree with prof, a large amount of what's important in Melee is still in Brawl. Spacing, "I CAN SEE INTO THE FUTURE!" matchups bad habits and even punish to an extent. The only huge difference is that they won't need to react as quickly and they'll have more chances to screw up due to weak punish but I still don't see them winnning vs some of the better SWF players.

lismore

Smash Cadet
Just to say, what with Osplay 2 being cancelled and all, my crew of 4 from Brizzle are interested in coming to this - obviously we'll need some details like date, definite venue and whether it's just singles in Melee (all we're interested in playing) or doubles as well. Entry fees, etc would also be useful information. We'd love to see doubles btw. Also, I agree with what people have said already about this local crew, they look pretty bad - not totally unskilled, but still pretty poor. Still, it would be fun to play them and the London lot also.

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Ok lads easy on HSAM. You guys are good but we only started playing melee properly like 3 months ago while you lot have all been playing for a few years. Read our description, says up and coming, yeah we're **** now but everyone's **** at one point.

And Brawler_Pit chats ****... we never said we wanted to clan match you... just whether you were interested in coming to a tournament.

also it seems as though you all hate brawl so I reckon we could put up a fight even if you would win... Brawler_Pit apparently got to the semis in your tournament and we have players a lot better than him.

Just trying to say... chill y'all.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Ok lads easy on HSAM. You guys are good but we only started playing melee properly like 3 months ago while you lot have all been playing for a few years. Read our description, says up and coming, yeah we're **** now but everyone's **** at one point.

And Brawler_Pit chats ****... we never said we wanted to clan match you... just whether you were interested in coming to a tournament.

also it seems as though you all hate brawl so I reckon we could put up a fight even if you would win... Brawler_Pit apparently got to the semis in your tournament and we have players a lot better than him.

Just trying to say... chill y'all.

dont worry lol pro loves his cockyness he doesnt actually mean to offend u and be a dick lol
still though it'd be good for even moreeeeee london players

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Exactly, playing you lot we would get a lot better.

And our crew leader Jon (jjlinyard) says that we would own you badd in brawl. He then said I could tell you he said that seeing as nobody cares about brawl anyway.

When is you guys' next tourney anyway? We'd bring a few of HSAM around and play some good people if that's ok.

Top Bottom