• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harrow Smash Tourney *Updated* Melee / Brawl

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
honestly I don't see how you'd wn overall in brawl, but fair enough we might have taken it a bit far lool.

I quite like Brawl but nowhere near as much as Melee/64, it gets a bit boring sometimes but I've competitively played games where you have to be MUCH more patient than in Brawl.

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Well you made us seem like assmunches and way better than we are...

We know we aint great, but only way to improve is to play good people init?

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
We probs would not win but it would be closer in brawl (Y)

Also coz from what I read brawler pit nearly got to the final of your brawl tournament and we have quite a few players better than him, no offence b_pit, but it is true.

Jolteon

Well you made us seem like assmunches and way better than we are...

We know we aint great, but only way to improve is to play good people init?
Yeah I hear you. We are a bit blunt but as long as you're willing to learn and you play consistantly there'll be no probs lol.

We probs would not win but it would be closer in brawl (Y)

Also coz from what I read brawler pit nearly got to the final of your brawl tournament and we have quite a few players better than him, no offence b_pit, but it is true.
tbh most of the well known smashers (i.e. like all but 2) made it after the brawl ranbat, it was really badly organised and we had to do single elim, the best way to find out how good you are in comparison though is to play you yeah?

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Yes, we need to have some sorta clan battle... I need some tournament buzz , i need to write for the All is Brawl Content Page....

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Yeah we're down for a some smashing any time just give us a weekend soon and and a place to go and we'll most likely be there!

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Ok yeah got the message about the next rankings battles November 8th, expect a few of us HSAMers to turn up. Is there a topic or anything for it?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Just to say, what with Osplay 2 being cancelled and all, my crew of 4 from Brizzle are interested in coming to this - obviously we'll need some details like date, definite venue and whether it's just singles in Melee (all we're interested in playing) or doubles as well. Entry fees, etc would also be useful information. We'd love to see doubles btw. Also, I agree with what people have said already about this local crew, they look pretty bad - not totally unskilled, but still pretty poor. Still, it would be fun to play them and the London lot also.
Well we have to wait for VA to give us information if the venue at his uni will allow it to happen.

Ok lads easy on HSAM. You guys are good but we only started playing melee properly like 3 months ago while you lot have all been playing for a few years. Read our description, says up and coming, yeah we're **** now but everyone's **** at one point.
I know you haven't been playing for long, if you look on the guys user comments I advised him to come play with the people who actually know how to play the game since its the only way you will improve. The whole of the London is blunt when it comes to comments and it is not meant as an offence but just simply our opinion lol.

even moreeeeeeeeee ftw
lol Yeah I know, its funny iswell cos our community is too big but not too big to not control them all lol. If we had ALL of the London community at one event it would be insane.

Yeah we're down for a some smashing any time just give us a weekend soon and and a place to go and we'll most likely be there!
Thats good to hear, stay on smashboards and you might see an event or you can add me on msn and I can tell you when an event is coming up so you can your crew are prepared, my msn is aaron.h.thomas@hotmail.co.uk anyonelse can add me iswell if they havent

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok yeah got the message about the next rankings battles November 8th, expect a few of us HSAMers to turn up. Is there a topic or anything for it?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=190023&page=53 The title hasn't been updated which is why it still says that lol. London people are extremely welcome to help out new people with directions and things and we will all help you out with advice of what you need to work in your gameplay and the events we hold are really fun so all of your crew is welcome to come and join us and come to our events.
Just make sure you don't get affected by the trasktalk, cockyness and bluntness we occasionaly say cos we are always joking in that way lool.

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Awesome, I added your msn, keep me posted on events and I might need to ask you for addresses and occasional directions and stuff.

Looks like the London Smash scene got itself a few more players! Also when brawler pit says 27 HSAM it's more like about 10 that actually can be bothered to come to tourneys and that are worth fighting.

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Yeah once it's clear that trashtalk is only messing around thats fine WE ALL LOVE A BIT OF BANTER!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
loool 10 is great anyway. Seriously looking forward to playing all of you lot. From what I saw on the matches of you lot what I say you lot need to work on is probably your technical skill such as wavedash, waveland, L-cancelling but don't only work on them, work on the speed you can do it and from working on your technical skill everything should be up hill from there:).

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
yeah we can do them perfect in training it's just applying them to the game that is the hard part. If you watch jjlinyard's matches he wavedashes from time to time but I agree it needs work.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Brawler_Pit apparently got to the semis in your tournament and we have players a lot better than him.

Just trying to say... chill y'all.
No Guy, you only have 3 players better than me, cos i ranked 4th in ur tournament LOL. ive taken out JJlinyard before , which leave CONK and insomnia, which i just cant match up to.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Exactly, playing you lot we would get a lot better.

And our crew leader Jon (jjlinyard) says that we would own you badd in brawl. He then said I could tell you he said that seeing as nobody cares about brawl anyway.

When is you guys' next tourney anyway? We'd bring a few of HSAM around and play some good people if that's ok.
Hey man. first off don't worry about us we're only joking and we were all like that when we started playing. Can I ask a favor though? Get you're crew to come on smashboards. It's great for organising things i.e. if you want people to come to your tournament you can post it up here.

Jolteon

but you're one of the few who is actually good at it since you practice it more.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
No Guy, you only have 3 players better than me, cos i ranked 4th in ur tournament LOL. ive taken out JJlinyard before , which leave CONK and insomnia, which i just cant match up to.
In melee or brawl.

JJinyard and his friends think I cant 4 stock them and they think that I am better then Fuzzyness due to me looking more technical in some match lol. And after they watched it said they think JJinyard could take a few stocks off of me like 2/3 lol.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
I'm up for ****** their whole brawl crew with charles.

I'll also do some ****** with my melee ganon, I like melee its sick.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
If they have any chance at all it will be brawl side and thats cos its easier to play.
And yeah I main ganon in melee, probs gonna play it more than brawl now lol.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
The fact that I've never really played melee before really might have had something to do with it pro. I don't really like playing anyone except falcon and ganon though, they are just sexy as fk in melee.

Lol, nah I wouldn't say one is better than the other, not publicly on the boards anyway haha, but I did enjoy melee alot, I can see why hardcore melee players prefer melee its much more competitive and combo's are a sexy thing to behold
Brawl is still awesome fun, especially when you ****.

COEY

Smash Lord
The fact that I've never really played melee before really might have had something to do with it pro. I don't really like playing anyone except falcon and ganon though, they are just sexy as fk in melee.

Lol, nah I wouldn't say one is better than the other, not publicly on the boards anyway haha, but I did enjoy melee alot, I can see why hardcore melee players prefer melee its much more competitive and combo's are a sexy thing to behold
Brawl is still awesome fun, especially when you ****.
It's posts like that, that really make life worth living :)

Erm if anyone is wondering about our ranbat vids i'm being a very lazy b4stard and havent got round to starting to upload them yet. Think imma gonna start later and maybe put aiko vs joe up or something. Unless anyone desperately wants my weegee vids up first.

Edit: lol didn't realise what thread this was :p Thought i was posting on a thread that doesn't really matter like that london ranbat thread :p

Guy-W

Smash Rookie
Yeah Prof we're only messing though.

And Brawler_Pit, the idea that there are only 3 people better than you in HSAM is... laughable. But msn we will debate more.

Top Bottom